New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Under the School IC

The post-meal conversation is interrupted by a crack and a squelching noise, as a stalactite drops and falls, skewering Lyta from the neck and through her stomach. She goes limp and falls down with the stone still in her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nobody has left, everybody's still here.

Also, spot checks in the OOC thread for everyone, please.
    My first character was a first edition thief.

Evidence that MS Paint is still a valid avataring tool:
    Spoiler
    Show

1st commemorative BEAST award, for displaying BEASTLY qualities in overcoming tricksy obstacles.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Banned

Goblin

Stinky screams in terror and jumps out from Lyta, then screams out in terror again, when he notices something out there, which he points out to others, still screaming. He picks up his crossbow and aims at the thig, still shaking.
    "w-w-who are you?! D-did you k-k-k....did that?!" He yells, finding himself unable to cope with the fact that somebody just died in front of him. He is working purerly on isntict, as more rational part of his mind is more and more occupied with yelling "Imgonnadieiamgonnadieiamgonnadie" at the increasing speed.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-09-07 at 10:21 AM.

3. - Top - End - #303

You only got a glimpse of movement, nothing to be seen anymore. It was between to stalagmite pillars towards the opening away from the cavern, and apparently went that way.

Lyta now lies in an expanding pool of blood.

Spoiler
    Show

1st commemorative BEAST award, for displaying BEASTLY qualities in overcoming tricksy obstacles.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Banned

Goblin

Stinky nervously looks around, turning in random directions and pointing his crossbow at the darness, shaking from fear a shock. After a moment of panic he just sits down, enfolding his legs with his arms. Then he starts crying and swinging back and forth.
    ""We're all gonna die here!"

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Ceraphina

She was caught off guard by the whole thing. She had never seen someone die before. Instinctively she looked around and saw a glimpse of something, but couldn't identify it.

Quickly she moved to Lyta. It was clear she was dead but she had to check.
    She also looked at the end of the stalagmite, was it cut off, was it broken off, or was it something else.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yes we're all going to die, not get killed there's a difference now quiet down, we need to set up a defensive perimeter, what ever is out there might come back, keep your eye's open people!"
    This was bad, someone already died and there was nothing he could do for them.
    "It knows we're here already, we'll have to move."
    Gritting his teeth Chappe readies his blade.
    "A knife can only bring true happiness in the hands of a chef."

"What if the other person was Masochistic?"

"........."

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Gurlin was Just about ready to get up and pull Stinky's tongue out when he was startled and horrified as the sharp stone fell and impaled Lyta.

He hears stinky mumbling in fear to the darkness, and Chappe telling everyone to move defensively "Can't he see the brutal death right in front of us?!" he thought, he picked up his pack with one arm and reflexively picked his pole with the other. And came hustling towards Lyta, Ceraphina and the stalactite.
    "Pilor's holee v'rmin," he whispered in a more closed voice with slightly higher pitch, and grief toning down in his otherwise gruff voice. when he reached Ceraphina and could see the cadaver clearly, though he was not attached to Lyta in any fashion, something about her death sparked an unusual set of emotions for Gurlin towards his surroundings: grief, pity,shock, and oddest of all - empathy with the traumatic memory of his sister.
    He grasped his staff firmly in his hand, and turned to the girl next, his eyes watered but not tearing. "C'n-Cin ye sevve h'r?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry about the wait, but Vecna's ascension that was hard to write. I'll probably check back here tomorrow, I'm guessing I need to brace myself to rolling initiative, assuming I don't get an AoO or something.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-09-08 at 09:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #308

Cursory inspection of the stalactite's broken surfcae shows no toolmarks. It appears to have broken along a natural crack in the rock. Do you wish to make a closer inspection of the increasingly bloody stone?

Also, those looking outward see no trace of movement and hear nothing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Closer inspection of the stalactite would require search and/or appropriate knowledge rolls. Dungeoneering, perhaps?

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Ceraphina

Deciding to check a little bit closer she looks at the piece of rock.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+3)[7] search
    (1d20+4)[17] Dungeoneering
    (1d20+6)[10] Nature

10. - Top - End - #310

Leaning closer, Ceraphina examines the fallen piece of stone, and notices that there's something unusual about it. Indeed, it appears that any blood spilled on it seeps into the rock. And taking out a small knife, she sets to checking her suspicions.

A tiny, almost unnoticeable crack runs near the flat base, and into this the knife goes. A twist, and it appears the flat bit is a lid. A white, slimy mass is inside. This is no rock - it's a piercer!

Ceraphina explains that it's a type of underground bivalve that lies in wait, moving ever so slowly to a good position. Then it falls, hoping to impale unsuspecting adventurers and cave-life. And where there's one piercer, there's bound to be more.

The ceiling is too high to be seen, except for the tips of some of the longer stalactites. Or are they stalactites at all?

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #311
    Banned

Goblin

Stinky, hearing Ceraphina's words, immeidiately jumps back on his feet, picks up his crossbow and, aiming it above his head, quickly packs his gear, leaving only crossbow and drums attached to his side.
    Once he finishes, he starts circling around, aiming his crossbow at the ceiling.
    "Why are you standing like that?! I'm not gonna get some @#$%ing rock-bug-yhing do this to me. Pack your things, we're leaving!" He yells quite terrified, still sobing.

"C'mon you sons of a pyrite, wanna have a piece of me! This kobold ain't gonna sell his blood cheaply!" He yells at the ceiling, trying to sound angry and strong, but because he's still crying, he comes out sounding terrified.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Ceraphina

She quickly grabs as well as Lyta's pack before running with the others to safety.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Gurlin is running with Ceraphina and following Chappe's lead in silent tears betrayed only by his lowered head and light sniffling. His usual mumbling has been reduced to hoarse whimpering. Even in a time of panic, it's obvious to everyone - Lyta's death touched a nerve in Gurlin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Freebiewitz:Chappe's the leader; That considered, where to?
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-09-13 at 08:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature