1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Under the School IC

Ceraphina

Ceraphina pulls out a piece of chalk. "I can mark the passageit."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

ilreht, thit's the th'rd one, Gurlin placed the shovel on the ground he dug and stomped on it to flatten the ground, he approached the rest:
    Weht, whit ixectlee did Judit suggist?
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #153
    Banned

Goblin

"Too bad we don't have a leader who would decide what we do." Stinky says sarcastically, eeing his teammated arguing over Judith's idea.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

"Isn't it somewhat pointless to mark the passageway we are about to go down? Although we should mark the passage I explored." Chaff asks.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Ceraphine

Looks at Chaffe incredulously. "Yes we mark your tunnel and as we go so we know when we double back or if we want to come back here."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Alright let's move on then shall we? We'll move down the tunnel that Chaff had scouted out earlier, as far as we can tell there wasn't anything dangerous."
    Looking around he continued.
    "I'll be sure to send you out again but only when we see sign of danger and even then it will be purely circumstantial of course."
    Bringing his sword up to get a clearer view of the area Chappe motioned to everyone to get form up before go forth.
    "A knife can only bring true happiness in the hands of a chef."

"What if the other person was Masochistic?"

"........."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

All right.

You move up the left-hand tunnel. It turns slightly to the right, then there's an upward slope. About a hundred meters in, the tunnel rapidly narrows to a mere hole that you'd need to crawl through. It's not sure you can even fit in.

You stop at the hole, and listen. There's a faint sound coming from the hole, like porcelain chips or bamboo pieces rubbed together. Looking through the hole with a light, you can see that it widens a bit just at the edge of your illumination.

The rock on the right-hand wall is slightly different. It's black and flaky, and it has some brass-yellow glittery bits in it. The ceiling and the floor are still the same stripy rock that Niko identified as "gneiss".

Note that the passage is narrow: only two of you may fit next to the hole at a time.
    My first character was a first edition thief.

Evidence that MS Paint is still a valid avataring tool:
    Spoiler
    Show

1st commemorative BEAST award, for displaying BEASTLY qualities in overcoming tricksy obstacles.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Ceraphina

Once there she takes the chalk and marks and the was with an 'H' and an arrow pointing to it. "The H stand for home, the arrow shows the direction back," she explains. "So we set up the rods here and then go back and try the other tunnel, right?"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Banned

Goblin

"I suggest we head back, I mean, it's obvious you won't be able to get through and I really don't want to see what are those strange sounds." Stinky says, taking a step back. He tries to look in his memory for anythign that could make those sounds, especially if it could be very scary predators, big red worms in particular. He feels like he really needs a drink.

Spoiler
    Show

Bardic Knowledge (1d20+3)[13] and Knowledge Local (1d20+4)[19] to see if he can recognize the sounds.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

"If anything we move forwards BECAUSE it's dangerous." Turning around he explained. "We're here to explore and if we don't get past this now some one else will have to do it."

Bringing out his weapon Chappe pointed back to the hole.
    "Besides it's why we have metal objects with pointy ends." He joked, a little humour always helped make friends, he was sure one of his parents had said that once, he wasn't sure which though.
    "Alright lets get moving." Bringing out his shovel alongside his blade Chappe wonders if he can squeeze through the hole without the help of said shovel.

"........."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

"It actually seems rather safe. It was making those same sounds when I came here before. Water maybe? Or something asleep or a machine is all I can think of." Chaff says hoping that at least one person was sane and he would not begin swinging his sword around down the hole.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateGuy

Niko Tezza

Niko looks up from map-drawing and note taking to offer some advice. "We are here to explore and eventually report what we find back to the school. If we cannot continue down this direction, then it makes sense to save it for later. Perhaps another path will connect to there later on, and if not, we can request something to make passage through here easier once we have more to report."
    Mad science is fun science!

Game I'm in: Under the School
    Character I'm using: Niko Tezza

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

Deflating Chappe found himself disappointed by the lack of danger and adventure.
    "Alright, in that case mark it down as a point of interest, we'll come back here later then."

"........."

14. - Top - End - #164

The hole is solid rock, so a shovel wouldn't do much good. Lyta, Chaff and Stinky would probably fit throuh fine. Niko, Ceraphina and Judit could fit through without too much difficulty. Chappe's and Gurlin's armor might be a problem.

But this is all washed from your minds as you see movement down the hole, very close. You start to react and some of you draw your weapons as a green and black form comes through.

It looks like a caterpillar, only its size is different. Its body barely fits in the hole, and as it pushes through, long hairlike spines puff out around it. It has wicked-looking black mandibles on its head and three sets of black compound eyes. The hair/spines form alternating green and black bands around its body. The sound you hear is suddendly much louder, but you still can't see what causes it.

As the thing gets some of its body out of the hole, it rears up and clicks its mandibles threateningly.

Roll for initiative.

Spoiler
    Show

1st commemorative BEAST award, for displaying BEASTLY qualities in overcoming tricksy obstacles.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Banned

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+6)[16]

Seeing big, flesh-eating (because he surerly is, doesn't matter that the color is different) monstrous worm coming out of the hole) Stinky does the most rational thing. That is, he squeals like a little girl. Some part of his mind sutely suggest to make tactical retreat. And by that yours humble servant, the narrator, means it screams to drop everything and run like hell. But another part tells him he is not a coward and he cannot fail his friend up there. It also tells him that he cannot abbandon his friend up here. And even if he could, where would he go? Unsuprisingly, this part speaks in Janisa's voice.

Stinky decided to do the second most rational thing and causes uick flash of light to appear in front of the monster. It has eyes, or at least something that looks like them, and it lives underground, so it should blind it. Then he picks up his crossbow and fires at the creature.

Spoiler
    Show

Flare at the monster.
    attack roll (1d20+3)[11]
    damage roll (1d6)[3]

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Ceraphiina

She stumbles backwards as the creature came out of the hole. She grabbed her crossbow and fumbled with it as she tried to get it ready.

Spoiler
    Show

Why couldn't we just hack it's head of as it came up through the hole?

(1d20+2)[4] init

17. - Top - End - #167

Why couldn't we just hack it's head of as it came up through the hole?
    Because the people near enough failed their spot and listen checks.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168

PirateGuy

Niko Tezza

Niko quickly closes his spellbook and uses its durable cover as an improvised shield as he approaches the creature carefully. Niko felt that if he could just get himself on the other side of the creature's head, he might be a lot safer while being in a better position to attack it. Niko also attempts to identify the monster from memory. He had hoped that they would encounter a bat first. He had read enough useful information on bats just recently after all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[13]
    Knowledge (Nature): (1d20+6)[22]
    Niko is using 5-foot steps to approach the creature.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Chaff stares at the thing before saying, "Why must my companions have mouths?" Then he readies his bow and if he can get a clear shot he shoots the beast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Five Foot Step away from the Thing if Possible
    Initiative (1d20+4)[7]
    Attack (1d20+3)[22] (6 Base +1 Point Blank Shot -4 Shooting into Melee
    Damage (1d6)[1]

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Gurlin, who's behind everyone, notices everyone comment and drawing their weapons, he draws out his broom pole - which seems to be quite the hefty piece of wood, he steps in to get a good view of the danger through where Chaff took distance.
    "Ilreht, whit's ehl this eb-LIMBU'S MEHJ! -thit's thing's huge!"
    The lug was startled. He's handled big crawlies, but handling bugs that big was normally under the vermin tamers' line of work.
    Nevertheless, every bug needs someone to squish it, and Gurlin felt he needed to pull his weight.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2012-07-01 at 06:11 AM.
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.

My Extended Signature

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

The first sign of combat in this adventure had begun!
    His mind lit ablaze and realizing that he was in striking range of the monster Chappe decided to yell out a word of encouragement that would increase the moral of the party ten-fold!

"CHARGE!" He wasn't exactly the most inspirational speaking when fighting.
    Moving forwards Chappe swings.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-1)[16]
    That's initiative.
    (1d20+5)[13]
    That's his to hit roll.
    (1d8+3)[11]
    And that's his damage if he hits.
    Just rolling everything to speed things up.

"........."

22. - Top - End - #172

IJudit

Judit stared in shock and wonder at the massive centipede as it emerged from the hole in the rock. Could this be what made the hole? It only barely fits! With a level of calm that could only be described as severe shock, Judit lowered his crossbow until it pointed at the creature, and pulled the trigger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[14](16)
    Last edited by AugustusGloop; 2012-07-03 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Edited, when it was pointed out that mage armor doesn't stack with regular armor.
    GM's of my games: I am available to post from 9am to 5pm EST weekdays, and usually not available other times. I follow the games from my phone, so if you need me, let me know. I won't be around at all Wed July 4th.

23. - Top - End - #173

Spoiler
    Show
    Hit:(1d20+2)[16](18)
    Crit Confirm:(1d20+2)[7](9)
    Dmg: (1d8)[3](3)
    Crit Dmg: (1d8)[6](6)
    GM's of my games: I am available to post from 9am to 5pm EST weekdays, and usually not available other times. I follow the games from my phone, so if you need me, let me know. I won't be around at all Wed July 4th.

24. - Top - End - #174

The initial chaos is soon worse. Bolts fly, spells flash and the creature manages to bite Niko's book.

The flare flashes, but appears to have no effect. Chappe's sword is deflected by the surprisingly springy spines, as is Ceraphina's bolt. Lyta retreats and loads her crossbow. Judit's and Chaff's missiles penetrate and stick in the creatures body. Gurlin manages to get close.

The creature itself crawls fully out of the hole, revealing a pair of stingers in its backside. They rub against each other, making the sound you keep hearing.

Spoiler
    Show
    So 4 damage, no damage to you. Apparent AC is 14. Chappe and Niko are currently flanking, Gurlin is close and others have retreated.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Banned

Goblin

Terrified Stinky really wanted to run. Creature was blind, so his illusionary powers wouldn't work on it. His weapons didn't worked either. He felt even more scared than moments ago, he fels his stomach dangerously close to his throat and his testicles getting smaller, like parts of his body tried to climb upward and escape through the mouth.

Part of his mind slapped that one that was panicking and reminded it, and by proxy Stinky as whole, that if he won't get it together, they will all die. if the creature doesn't use sight, then it probably uses hearing. Stinky looks for any rock lying around in other end of the room, on the other side of the hole they are. Then he uses magic to lift it as high as he can, then let it fall. When creature is distracted, he slowly and quietly moves back, to get away from it, giving everybody signs they should do the same.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Presdigidation.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Staring down the monster Chappe decides to give things another go.
    Though a part of his mind told him to be careful and watch for an opening, another part of his mind was trying to think if the thing was edible.

"TAKE THIS!" Putting his weight behind the blade Chappe decided to take a risk and go for a heavier all out attack. Hopefully it would keep the beasts attention on himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[13]
    This is the attack roll, flanking bonus is included.
    He is making a power attack which is why it's not at a +7.
    (1d8+4)[12]
    and that's the damage.
    (1d20+6)[25]
    And that's the crit confirmation if it crits.
    Last edited by freebiewitz; 2012-07-04 at 10:12 PM.

"........."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Ceraphina

It takes both arms and a lot of effort to reload her crossbow. Placing it at her should she takes aim and fires, hoping not to hit any of her friends.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20-2)[17] to hit (firing into melee -4)
    (1d8)[8] damage
    (1d20-2)[4] crit
    (1d8)[3] crit damage

28. - Top - End - #178

PirateGuy

Niko Tezza

Niko recognizes the creature as a moth caterpillar, but a huge one. He would have to ask to use one of the monocles later to find out if it was magically grown to this size, or if it's just naturally large. The markings seemed to indicate that its tail was... "Guys! Watch out for the tail! I'm pretty sure it has venom in it!" Such markings were meant to be seen by things that might foolishly try to hunt it. When Niko considered the usefulness of visual warnings in such a dark cave, things just didn't add up, but those thoughts would have to wait until the current danger has passed.

Niko tucked his book under an arm and drew his dagger. He started watching the creature's movements for a clue as to where to aim. He remembered that a scorpion's stomach provided part of the ingredients for the venom kept within its stinger. Perhaps this creature was similar in that respect. Maybe draining the acid out of this thing's stomach would weaken its venom a bit after a bit of time, and it's stomach should be located right...

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll: (1d20+3)[18] (included +2 flanking bonus)
    Damage roll: (1d4+1)[4]
    Sneak attack damage roll: (1d6)[6]
    Crit confirmation roll: (1d20+3)[12]

If hit: "GOTCHA!" Niko buries the dagger into where he suspects the stomach to be located and proceeds to twist the knife in the wound as much as possible, intent on getting this thing to leak acid, bile, and its last meal.

If miss: "DRAT!" The flat of Niko's dagger slides smoothly across the overgrown caterpillar's exoskeleton without puncturing anything. Niko probably should have expected that considering the time he had tried pinning a normal-sized bug in place for someone's collection. STUPID NEEDLES! STUPID ARACH AND HIS "LET'S SEE YOU DO BETTER" ATTITUDE! STUPID BUGS!!!

After the attack, Niko's gaze turned to the stinger. That stinger seemed like the most dangerous part of the creature, even if its effectiveness does manage to be weakened from a punctured stomach. For now, Niko would ignore the head if it meant a greater chance of avoiding that stinger.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Silently Chaff draws another arrow and fires at the creature again. Thinking of the creatures unceasing noise.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack (1d20+3)[19] +1 BaB +4 Dex +1 PBS -4 Into Meelee
    Damage (1d6)[2]

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Gurlin was not generally one simply keep his mouth open long when handling dangerous acid-spewing, venom-dripping, or slime-exfoliating monsters, unless it was necessary. It was mainly because the mouth tends to be a big, easy target for such toxins to enter. "If this is a nest, We might need to report it" he thought as those slick, creepy vermin tamers came to mind again.
    Instead, he took a small step closer* with his left leg for momentum, drawing his torch a bit closer as well, and, as if all part of the same motion, he took the same distance step with his other leg**, while swinging the heavy broomstick towards the dangerous Centipede's Head:
    "HHHRRUUUOOUGGHHH!!" he yelled out in as he moved, trying to summon his full force into the blow.

Spoiler
    Show
    *is there enough room for this to be possible?
    **this may be technically two steps, but total movement is equivalent to a 5Ft step.
    Power attack +1
    Attack roll: (1d20+3)[9] (3 STR)
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10] (3 STR+ 1 PA)
    Critical confirmation(on a natural 20 attack roll only): (1d20+3)[20]
    Double damage on critical hit

My Extended Signature