New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

I did mean the Polish Irenicus, yes. His voice actor died last year. I admit that I think he did a better job than David Warner, but that might be just because I'm used to the Polish actor.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-07-15 at 10:21 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

See, this is an advantage of older games like BG: a lot of the dialogue wasn't voiced in the first place! As awesome as it would be to have more lines spoken by the characters, it's entirely possible to give existing characters more interactions by just writing more dialogue...
    Evil round every corner, careful not to step in any.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I did mean the Polish Irenicus, yes. His voice actor died last year. I admit that I think he did a better job than David Warner, but that might be just because I'm used to the Polish actor.
    Hey, why is Irenicus reciting the invocation O.o - me a few years ago in Polish class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

4. - Top - End - #154

So has any news been presented? At this rate it doesn't seem likely it will be released this summer. I haven't looked into it since the game was announced and all the stuff on their website is fairly old.

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by hobbitkniver View Post
    So has any news been presented? At this rate it doesn't seem likely it will be released this summer. I haven't looked into it since the game was announced and all the stuff on their website is fairly old.
    Check out the first tweet from July 12th: https://twitter.com/trentoster. He claims end of summer.

Also, there's now a forum on the official site, though you can't view it without signing up.
    Author of Zeus Is Dead: A Monstrously Inconvenient Adventure, a comedic fantasy novel set in a version of our world where reality TV show heroes slay actual monsters and the Greek gods have their own Twitter feeds!
    Now available in paperback, ebook, and audiobook!
    ~ ~ ~
    Twitter: @TheWriteMunzspace My Blog: GeekNotesspa!

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    Check out the first tweet from July 12th: https://twitter.com/trentoster. He claims end of summer.

Also, there's now a forum on the official site, though you can't view it without signing up.
    Thats cool, at least it shows progress. Thanks for the info.

7. - Top - End - #157

And here's a link to a post on their forum of things that CAN'T be done for the EE:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discuss...be-done#latest
    Author of Zeus Is Dead: A Monstrously Inconvenient Adventure, a comedic fantasy novel set in a version of our world where reality TV show heroes slay actual monsters and the Greek gods have their own Twitter feeds!
    ~ ~ ~

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

There will be no new animations in BG:EE, so it is no use to ask for them.
    I don't get why they can't just use fan-created animations for player characters.
    I mean, ever tried rolling up a female gnome illusionist only to see a bald, bearded and overall suspiciously male game world avatar right after going through your list of spell picks and all?
    And there is a mod to fix that issue; 1 pixel productions. So it probably wouldn't cost them much, although working out the legal stuff involved here could possibly take some time. (I personally have no idea who holds what rights here, but I can say that if they put up a kickstarter like "Because of [reasons] we need x money to put this in, and want to give the modder who did all this work y money, so give us x+y money please." I would kickstart this thing to the sky.)

EDIT: Actually, I should have maybe looked around that forum for a bit before running my mouth. I quite possibly would have found this within like 5 minutes, as I did just now:
    developers are currently working with fixpackers to integrate bug fixes with their consent (see the Bugs section of the forum). They are also supposedly in touch with Erephine to integrate 1PP into BG:EE if legal issues can be solved to an extent that is satisfactory for both parties. I'm sure the devs will gladly cooperate with modders as soon as time allows (they're currently quite busy with bug fixing) :-)

Anyway...

3. Adding new encounters to the old maps

-possible
    This could be a good thing for BG1. Exploring the world is fun and all, but if there were small questlines linking some of the out-of-the-way wilderness areas together a bit better, the game wouldn't exactly suffer.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2012-07-24 at 04:20 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159

Apparently we'll get an announcement about the official release date and price in just under 20 hours (at the time of my posting). There's a countdown clock on the main site.

~ ~ ~

10. - Top - End - #160

Apparently we'll get an announcement about the official release date and price in just under 20 hours (at the time of my posting). There's a countdown clock on the main site.

I'm not sure if my computer isn't loading it or something, but there's no clock on the page you linked.

Edit: It was my computer. I was running it in *Gasp* Internet Explorer and it worked when I switched.
    Last edited by hobbitkniver; 2012-07-25 at 07:19 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Banned

Did you guys notice the new portraits in the background? There is a guy with scars on his face and a girl with a staff.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

What are the updates guys ? I guess the duration of 20 hours is about to get over as of now. So any updates regarding the release dates or the cost of the game ? I am also waiting patiently for the this one to happen soon.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by elizasteave View Post
    What are the updates guys ? I guess the duration of 20 hours is about to get over as of now. So any updates regarding the release dates or the cost of the game ? I am also waiting patiently for the this one to happen soon.
    ...there's twelve hours on the clock still? Gonna be awhile yet. Check back at 3 PM on Thursday, EST.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Banned

Just noticed there are actually three new portraits: scarred guy, blonde chick and a half-orc.
    The blonde chick is apparently supposed to be Jaheira, since Jaheira's portrait disappeared.

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Just noticed there are actually three new portraits: scarred guy, blonde chick and a half-orc.
    The blonde chick is apparently supposed to be Jaheira, since Jaheira's portrait disappeared.
    I'd feel kind of ripped off if they didn't at least add a few extra portraits. I'm sure they're either replacing old ones or adding more to select from. I also hope they add more voices as there was never enough in BG1.

Edit: There's about four hours left.
    Last edited by hobbitkniver; 2012-07-26 at 09:56 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166

While we're waiting:

Casting for the (exceedingly hypothetical) movie: Christopher Judge, circa 1998, as Minsc.

Discuss.
    ~ ~ ~

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

While we're waiting:

Casting for the (exceedingly hypothetical) movie: Christopher Judge, circa 1998, as Minsc.

Discuss.
    Teal'c from Stargate SG1? Granted he's not a perfect match for the husky Ruskie, but personality-wise? Pretty darn perfect. Never seen a goof-ball as enjoyable as that guy in the behind-the-scenes extras.

The question is, what type of character would you want for the MC (I've always referred to the MC as the Scion, because there's an awful lot of Bhaalspawn, but only one who inherits the responsibility to sort out the whole mess).

What type of MC would you want?
    My personal favorite? A smart guy with a gift for snark, preferably a rogue or fighter/rogue rather than a mage. A guile hero.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2012-07-26 at 11:07 AM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

While we're waiting:

Discuss.
    Starring Charlie Sheen as Anomen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Teal'c from Stargate SG1? Granted he's not a perfect match for the husky Ruskie, but personality-wise? Pretty darn perfect. Never seen a goof-ball as enjoyable as that guy in the behind-the-scenes extras.
    My thinking exactly. I can so very easily see him yelling, with wide-eyed glee, "BUTT-KICKING! FOR GOODNESS!!!" Plus, we know he looks good bald with a head tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Starring Charlie Sheen as Anomen.
    Great, now you broke my brain.

As someone else I know pointed out, Drew Barrymore is pretty much a given for Nalia. Claudia Black as Jaheira?

As for the MC, charming rogues are overdone, IMO. Some manner of conflicted fighter-priest?
    Last edited by Muz; 2012-07-26 at 11:20 AM.
    ~ ~ ~

20. - Top - End - #170

What type of MC would you want?
    My personal favorite? A smart guy with a gift for snark, preferably a rogue or fighter/rogue rather than a mage. A guile hero.
    Probably a human fighter or something else with a strong hint of bland would be best.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

So, the wait is over - and they did add a bit of stuff:

New Adventure: The Black Pits
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Rouse yourselves, you lice-laden layabouts. Stand and salute your new master, Baeloth the Entertainer!"

Across the realms, individuals of great power and prestige receive a scroll via magical means. Unfurling it, they discover that they have been selected as one of the very few to enjoy the finest forms of entertainment in all creation...

Come one, come all! Baeloth the Entertainer cordially invites you to the greatest spectacle the realms have to offer - mortal pitted against mortal in a desperate bid to survive! Thrilling combat, scintillating magic, and the grim spectre of death lurk above this, the greatest of all shows! All this and more can be enjoyed within... THE BLACK PITS!

Deep within the Underdark where few dare to tread, the mad drow Baeloth has used his extensive mastery of magic to force a duergar colony into creating an entertainment complex of his own design. He has invited guests from across the realms, from Maztica to Menzoberranzan, and they will readily attend - Baeloth is known to be an excellent showman.

The Black Pits is one of the enhancements that make up Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition that allows you to create a full party and battle through fifteen hellish battles in a desperate bid to escape. Difficult challenges, unique battles, and a bizarre cast of characters await you within the Underdark!

• A stand-alone adventure set deep within the Underdark
    • Fifteen levels of arena-style combat challenges
    • Full control and customization of up to six party members
    • Over 6 hours of additional gameplay
    The Black Pits are your new home... enjoy your stay while you can!

Spoiler
    Show

New Character: Rasaad yn Bashir
    Spoiler
    Show

"In the face of lies, we offer truth. In the face of hatred, we offer compassion."

For a young man, Rasaad yn Bashir radiates an uncommonly mature aura of calm and wisdom. After a disastrous mission to a monastery in Athkatla, he now wanders the Sword Coast in search of enlightenment.

Orphaned on the streets of Calimport, Rasaad and his brother, Gamaz, barely survived by begging and theft. Caught in the act by a monk of the Order of the Sun Soul, the boys received not punishment but their first instruction. Soon the brothers excelled in the physical, mental, and spiritual training of the monastery devoted to Selûne, goddess of the moon.

In the aftermath of his brother's death, Rasaad has left his order to seek his own solace. If he can also find opportunities to reflect his inner light on those in need, he is eager to do so.

Rasaad is a Cali****e Monk demonstrating his monastic arts to the people of Nashkel. His quest ultimately leads into the highest reaches of the Cloud Peaks, where he must face an unexpected nemesis. Add him to your Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition experience to unleash the Monk's extraordinary power.

Rasaad adds the following Enhancements to Baldur's Gate:

• The Monk Rasaad yn Bashir, a new NPC to join your party
    • A new playable adventure
    • New area: the Cloud Peaks
    Rasaad's adventure through the never seen before Cloud Peaks adds up to four hours of additional gameplay.
    Spoiler
    Show

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Features
    Spoiler
    Show
    Enhanced Interface
    Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition features an updated and improved interface that has native support for high resolution and widescreen displays. The iPad and Android Tablet versions both contain platform specific interface enhancements.

Improved Multiplayer
    Online multiplayer has been upgraded to include matchmaking functionality, and games can be played across multiple platforms. Adventurers on iPad, Mac, PC and Android Tablets can all play Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition together.

Core Game Improvements
    The Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate has been given an extensive overhaul. The original source code has been cleaned up and improved, sped up, and now has support for modern platforms. Over 400 issues from the original game have been found and fixed.

Baldur's Gate 2 Features
    All of the additions and improvements from Baldur's Gate 2: The Shadows of Amn have been brought to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Now you can use class kits, new subraces and classes that were previously unavailable.

New Cinematics
    All of the Baldur's Gate cinematics have been replaced with beautifully hand painted animated cinematics, directed by Nat Jones.

Ongoing Support
    Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will continue to receive improvements after release, along with continued support for the vibrant mod community that has helped it remain so popular for so l

New Character: Neera the Wild Mage
    Spoiler
    Show

"Casting wild magic is like playing a flute by ear. In magical terms, I can play a pretty mean tune, but when I miss a note the flute shoots fire at everyone."

After a disastrous wild surge maimed her fellow students, Neera fled her home to wander the High Forest. Even there, her capricious spells threatened the highly flammable woods, forcing the mighty treant Turlang to banish Neera from his domain. On the open road, Neera enjoyed only fleeting companionship before the Red Wizards caught up with her.

Neera's whimsical humor clashes with the guilt she still harbors over the harm she has inadvertently caused in past. She hopes to find a way to control her wild magic, even as she delights in the surprises that could come with every spell.

Fleeing the Red Wizards and seeking a better understanding of her own powers, Neera hopes for friends who can help her survive both her hunters and her own magic.

Neera is a half-elf wild mage slowly coming to terms with her enormous magical potential. Add her to your Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition experience and ignite your wild side.

Neera adds the following Enhancements to Baldur's Gate:

• The Wild Mage Neera, a new NPC to join your party
    • An engaging romantic adventure
    • Up to four hours of additional gameplay
    • New area: a secluded hideaway northeast of Durlag's Tower
    This half-elf wild mage finds both delight and terror in her capricious magic while fleeing both her past mistakes and the merciless Red Wizards of Thay.
    Spoiler
    Show

New Character: Dorn Il-Khan
    Spoiler
    Show

"Do not annoy me with such simplistic notions of morality."

Born in the Spine of the World, Dorn fled to Luskan with his human mother when a rival tribe annihilated his father's savage people. In that northern city, Dorn's ruthless strength soon won him a deadly reputation and the attentions of a band of mercenaries whose wickedness exceeded even Dorn's. Imprisoned for the crimes of the entire group, Dorn made a fiendish bargain granting him even greater power and the promise of revenge.

A Blackguard of few words, Dorn is only too happy to ally himself with a child of Bhaal and cut a bloody swath across the Sword Coast with his black greatsword, as long as that path continues to lead him to the traitors he has sworn to destroy.

Dorn is a half-orc Blackguard whose otherworldly patron grants him terrible powers in the form of his black sword and unholy spells. Add him to your Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and inflict evil to the last corpse.

Dorn adds the following Enhancments to Baldur's Gate:

• The Blackguard Dorn II-Khan, a new NPC to join your party
    • Up to four hours of additional gameplay
    • The Blackguard kit to create your own champion of evil
    Betrayed by his former companions, the half-orc Dorn Il-Khan lusts for revenge and glory in equal measure.
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2012-07-26 at 02:53 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172

I'd buy it for pure simple fact that there's an NPC wild mage.

And Neera and Il-Khan will both be on the PC:
    http://www.baldursgate.com/windows.en.html

Release date is September 18th. Now we play the waiting game...

"...Aww, the waiting game sucks! Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!"
    Last edited by Muz; 2012-07-26 at 02:39 PM.
    ~ ~ ~

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

I was expecting a sorcerer and/or a barbarian NPC after the monk. Still, they look pretty decent. It remains to be seen if they'll actually be good.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

And Neera and Il-Khan will both be on the PC:
    Somehow I missed that part

I was expecting a sorcerer and/or a barbarian NPC after the monk. Still, they look pretty decent. It remains to be seen if they'll actually be good.
    I'm happy they didn't do it - a wild mage is more interesting than a sorcerer, and the blackguard might be interesting - it depends on the kit's quality. Though we know he won't be good ;)
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2012-07-26 at 02:54 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Okay, we've got Android support, BG2 kits, subraces, one (free?) new character and two DLC ones, a lot of engine improvements... Yeah, "Enhanced Edition" works...

Looks promising.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, we've got Android support, BG2 kits, subraces, one (free?) new character and two DLC ones, a lot of engine improvements... Yeah, "Enhanced Edition" works...
    According to the link posted by Muz the PC gets all the chars for free (and who cares about Android? ) Plus some smaller things like new PC voice sets and such.

I guess I will have some problems getting adjusted to the EE - mostly getting accustomed to the voice actors (I'm used to the Polish version - both games were purest gems in this regard).

Also, wallpapers
    http://www.baldursgate.com/images/bg/candlekeep.jpg
    http://www.baldursgate.com/images/bg/blackpits.jpg
    http://www.baldursgate.com/images/bg/rasaad.jpg
    http://www.baldursgate.com/images/bg/neera.jpg
    http://www.baldursgate.com/images/bg/dorn.jpg

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by karpik777 View Post
    I guess I will have some problems getting adjusted to the EE - mostly getting accustomed to the voice actors (I'm used to the Polish version - both games were purest gems in this regard).
    Baldur's Gate 2 certainly was, but Baldur's Gate 1 had too many characters with inexplicable and thick Ukrainian/Russian accents.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Baldur's Gate 2 certainly was, but Baldur's Gate 1 had too many characters with inexplicable and thick Ukrainian/Russian accents.
    Well, it is possible that time (and BG2) had clouded my memory of the first game, so I won't argue ;)

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by karpik777 View Post
    (and who cares about Android? )
    As an owner of a Kindle Fire, I am absolutely jazzed at the thought of BG on the move. Well worth buying the game three times (Original, PC-EE, Android-EE) in my book.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

As an owner of a Kindle Fire, I am absolutely jazzed at the thought of BG on the move. Well worth buying the game three times (Original, PC-EE, Android-EE) in my book.
    Man, how often I've bought these games...I think I've got the German version three times, plus the English version of course. A lot of this has to do with my treatment of the poor discs and complete ignorance of such wonders as ISO-ing your stuff.

And now once more, functioning multiplayer alone makes it worth it. By the way, if anyone's up for some misadventures across the Sword Coast when it comes out, we could maybe do that. It'll be released right when I should by all means have a lot of free time for at least a few weeks, so if anyone's interested, I sure am.

As for the new content, I'm really quite interested in the NPCs. More fighter types are nice, given that it's BG1, although I question the viability of monks in BG1 unless the class is changed (no idea if they are even allowed to do that) or there are some items to help them out (expecting this).
    Wild Mage is cool, too. I mean, the only non-evil mages are part of an NPC pair or, well, Xan, which I could never stomach for long. I've used Xzar for more than one good-aligned playthrough, and not only because I like what the NPC Project made of him and Monty.
    Plus, wild magic. Can't wait to accidentally let a demon loose in the bandit camp or something like that.

Personality-wise, all three sound like they could be very nice additions if done right or very stupid if not. I guess I'm cautiously optimistic?

That Black Pits thing sounds lame to me, though. Really, getting a magic invitation/teleport scroll to some super-special Drow arena in...ooohh!...the Underdark, a place we have never seen before in a game, sounds like a mod done by a teenager. Still, there are professionals behind this, and I've played Icewind Dale with its silly expansions more than once, so it's not like this kind of uninspired background is a dealbreaker for me if the fights are fun.

Plus, there are some other new areas, so I'm not really complaining. Still, I would have hoped for something different.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2012-07-26 at 05:59 PM.