New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned

Goblin

Default Re: Standing in the Balance (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
    "I'm not so sure, my lady Appleleaf. For those with power such as ours, such forms and personalities as we have are fairly tame. I'm sure there are vampire lords from the catacombs of Oldtown, or devils from the Nine Hells, or perhaps a Slaadi Death Lord fresh from his extraplanar lair who would have met the requirements of power, but not those of sanity."
    As he speaks of vampires, devils and Death Lord, everybody can see that smile on Nanny Grunch's face becomes even wider and she looks even more psychotic. For unknow reason it brings to mind serial killer making a hit list.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esquire View Post
    "I'm not so sure, my lady Appleleaf. For those with power such as ours, such forms and personalities as we have are fairly tame. I'm sure there are vampire lords from the catacombs of Oldtown, or devils from the Nine Hells, or perhaps a Slaadi Death Lord fresh from his extraplanar lair who would have met the requirements of power, but not those of sanity."
    Zeref softly raises his hand in response, Just pointing it out as I am sure it is difficult to see my face with my armor on but I am a vampire, not all vampires are evil. Just a large portion of them. And pretty much all that decide to become vampires willingly. Zeref's tone turns sad near the end of his statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, it's evident the previous...discreteness I displayed is no longer needed, so I shall return to my normal form.

The first thing that happens to the little spider is that it grows. A lot. When the growth finishes, it stands as large as the dragon, and a lot more monstrous. Past the simplest part of it being a colossal spider, it has a stinger, like a scorpion, and the front legs have very much developed into proper claws rather than the little things most normal spiders do, and has also grown a pair of tentacles, that like the rest secretes some kind of combination of acid and venom.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Azazel looks at the cloud:
    "We never said you were heroes, you are champions none the less. If you don't like our cause, you aren't bound to fight for us."

He turns to the rest of the group:
    "Well, I belive the gods will see to your whims, It is only a matter of earning it."
    Last edited by Lonewolfe208; 2012-06-19 at 03:23 PM.
    Narian Wolfe

Narian speaks in Deep sky blue

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolfe208 View Post
    Azazel looks at the cloud:
    "We never said you were heroes, you are champions none the less. If you don't like our cause, you aren't bound to fight for us."

He turns to the rest of the group:
    "Well, I belive the gods will see to your whims, It is only a matter of earning it."
    Zeref nods, I believe I shall rise if I find the cause just and needed. And we shall see in the end what reward is earned. But first, I must know the full details of the quest the gods are giving us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

"I, for one, will stay. To maintain the balance. To serve my goddess." Flutter says. His eyes flare in momentarily unconcealed ardor.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

Goblin

"As my master used to say, you scratch my back, I sratch yours." Nanny says, smiling friendly to Azazel. Like if she wasn't smiling like a complete psychopath three seconds ago. "If god's promise to help, I'll do what I can."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

The thing continues to bore his eyes into the being sent to talk to them.

"I will agree to nothing until I know what services the gods want from me. Although," a twisted smile emerges on his face, revealing rows of razor teeth, fire dancing on his lips, "I must say I would greatly enjoy the oppurtunity to spit in the face of several of these... grand deities."
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39

SwashbucklerGuy

Iados felt a familiar tingle at the back of his neck. Rubbing his face, he sighed and looked up at the sky. He slowly moved around his room, gathering some supplies and carefully placing them within the bag. As he looked out his window, he realized that it would be night soon. Maybe he would be able to cook a little dinner for himself first, he thought with a smile. After all, he did have all the time in the world.

Looking back around, he realized that there was much more that he would have to prepare. After all, it wasn't every day that he had a chance to meet the Olden Ones.

~~~~

With a small flash and barely audible pop, Iados appeared on his pedestal; it read "Iados Morthoson", with a strange symbol of a clock. Unlike the others, these letters seemed oddly...worn, as if they have been there for quite a while.

As he stepped off, he glanced around the room with amusement. He stood rather tall, way past 6 feet, with long white hair down his back. His dark bronze skin contrasted with the clean white robes he wore. His broad shoulders and thick arms implied that he was a warrior, despite his lack of armor or weapons. All he had were two metal gauntlets and armbands, with a simple bag strapped across his back.

Despite his deceiving looks, it was obvious that Iados was not a young man. He walked slowly and calmly, with evenly measured paces. It was not the gait of a young man eager for the world, but rather it was the walk of someone who was content to let things come to him. His face had the telltale signs of wrinkles all over, especially his eyes.

If one could see past the illusions and auras, they could tell that Iados was wrapped in defensive magic. But they had an unusual feature to them - Iados seemed to be wrapped in time as well as magic, with symbols of clock hands and numerals floating around him. Iados might as well look like a walking and breathing clock tower.

His grey eyes instantly locked on Azazel, and Iados couldn't help but laugh "Ahh it's never good to see you Azazel," Iados said as he stepped forward to him. "I know it can never be good if you're needed as well. Sorry that I hadn't been the first one here, but you probably expected that anyway. Since when have I ever been early to these meetings anyway? Besides, I'm not even late! I arrived at precisely the moment I meant to," Iados said with a smile as he shook his friend's hand.

Quote Originally Posted by OOC
    List of Buffs cast
    All are Invisible. Any that don't last at least 10 hours are Persisted
    Each of the buffs have a "Time" or "Clock" related motif because of my Spell Thematics feat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Arcane Sight
    Battlemagic Perception
    Greater Magic Weapon (Chained)
    Sense of the Dragon
    Heart of Earth -> Stoneskin
    Resistance, Superior
    True Seeing (Reached first)
    Starmantle (Reached first)
    Elemental Body
    Energy Absorption
    Swiftblade's Speed, Superior
    Mage Armor, Greater
    Shield
    Heroism, Greater
    Anticipate Teleportation
    Foresight
    Mind Blank
    Bladeweave
    Visage of the Deity, Greater
    Karmic Backlash
    Kiss of Draconic Defiance
    Eye of Stone
    Ferocity of Sanguine Rage
    Scimitar of Sand (refluffed as a giant hand of a clock, hidden so you actually can't see this one; Not Invisible)

Just putting this up so I can remember. Prepared Spells Spell list up later.
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2012-07-17 at 11:11 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Azazel eyes light up after Iados appears on his beacon:
    Well, from my understanding Iados, The world is about to see a lot more power, In a short frame of time. And we both know that's not the way time works. Azazel flashes a devilish grin.
    So what have you been up to my old friend? Caused any more paradox's that I'm going to have to clean up? His eyes flirt with flickers of memories.
    Last edited by Lonewolfe208; 2012-06-21 at 02:21 PM.
    Narian Wolfe

11. - Top - End - #41

SwashbucklerGuy

Iados shook his head sadly at the news. Taking a deep breath, he shrugged. "It's always power isn't it? After all, even a little power begets more power. And it can grow to become a parasitic disease, until there's nothing but power left." Shaking those thoughts away, he smiled. "Oh you know me. Just jumping around like always. I prefer not to make....too big of a splash at times. So you can understand why it took me so long. Besides, that wasn't even a Paradox that time! It was so small, the time stream smoothed it out all by itself!"

Turning around, he smiled and nodded to the other people who were there. "Pardon me, but I just haven't seen Azazel in a long time. But I trust that you guys wouldn't mind," he said with a nod of his head.

Looking at all of them, he openly held out his arms. "But I believe that I must introduce myself first. My name is Iados Morthoson, the first disciple of Jundr."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Banned

Goblin

"Hello. Nice to mmet you. I'm nanny Grunch." Large woman shakes Iados' hand energically. Which means she shakes him.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Flutter nods cheerily to the newly arrived Iados. "Flutter. From the Northern Reaches. I would be intrigued to see some of your time-magic first-hand, Timelord Iados. I've heard many stories."
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

14. - Top - End - #44

SwashbucklerGuy

Iados smiled at Nancy Grunch's....overly enthusiastic response, although he rubbed his hand afterwards. It had been quite a long time since he's seen anyone with such a strange outlook, but he reminded himself to keep an open mind. Looking around, he noticed the different people and how strange they all looked. Laughing, he nodded. "It's a pleasure to meet you too Nanny Grunch. I heard you're looking for someone? I'm sure if the Gods can't help, or are unwilling, I'll be willing to help you afterwards as well. Free as charge too," he said with a smile.
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2012-06-26 at 04:03 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Archos' attention is taken by Iados when he appears.

Ah, you. Interesting how over all of this time I have lived, despite our similar interests, it is only now that I meet you. I suppose this summons will have one positive aspect regardless now.

16. - Top - End - #46

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Demidos View Post
    Flutter nods cheerily to the newly arrived Iados. "Flutter. From the Northern Reaches. I would be intrigued to see some of your time-magic first-hand, Timelord Iados. I've heard many stories."
    Smiling, Iados turned to Flutter. "You flatter me. I don't have any more control over Time than you do after all," he said with a wink. Turning to all those that were present, he nodded to each of them. "And with those of us present here, I'm sure I don't even have flashiest tricks either."

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    Archos' attention is taken by Iados when he appears.

Ah, you. Interesting how over all of this time I have lived, despite our similar interests, it is only now that I meet you. I suppose this summons will have one positive aspect regardless now.
    Looking at Archos, Iados bowed out of respect. "Ahh Archos, the Wise One. I had always wanted to meet with you, to share knowledge and to barter with you. I am glad that I have been able to meet you here. Perhaps afterwards we will be able to talk more freely about the world and fate, and even Time itself."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Banned

Goblin

"Gods promised to help me, but I'll be grateful for any help I can get." Nanny says. "But I have to ask, how do you know I'm looking for Kasjtus if I haven't said anything about it yet?"

18. - Top - End - #48

Archos' giant monstrous spider head nods.Perhaps. We shall see.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrickster View Post
    Smiling, Iados turned to Flutter. "You flatter me. I don't have any more control over Time than you do after all," he said with a wink. Turning to all those that were present, he nodded to each of them. "And with those of us present here, I'm sure I don't even have flashiest tricks either."
    Flutter bows, half respectfully and half mockingly (all in good humor). Then he looks to Azazel. "How much longer do you think the gods will be deliberating?"
    Last edited by Demidos; 2012-06-22 at 07:09 PM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

20. - Top - End - #50
    Banned

Goblin

"That's a very good question. Some of us are more important things to do than this "end of the world" bussiness, you know?"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    "That's a very good question. Some of us are more important things to do than this "end of the world" bussiness, you know?"
    "Forgive me my skepticism, my lady Grutch." The genie has a smile on his face, but there's a certain steely glint in his eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomWombat
    You are a magnificent person and you should feel magnificent.

22. - Top - End - #52

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    "Gods promised to help me, but I'll be grateful for any help I can get." Nanny says. "But I have to ask, how do you know I'm looking for Kasjtus if I haven't said anything about it yet?"
    Smiling, Iados took a coin out and palmed it between his fingers. Looking at the huge Ogre, he flipped the coin into the air and caught it. "Just because I'm not present, doesn't mean I don't have alternative ways of finding out what's happening," he said as he revealed the platinum coin. "Is it heads? Aww, looks like I'm wrong again. Been failing at this game for at least years now!"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Azazel slaps his hand on his head, shooting an eye at the coin as it makes flight in the air, And Immediately after it lands, An explosive sound comes from within the chamber, both colossal doors swing back on their hinges as a loud voice booms:
    Enter Champions! The Olden Ones call upon you in their time of need!

His tattoo'd face growing darker, Azazel scowls deeply:
    I would suggest you follow quickly. and disappears, reappearing inside the chamber.

As you enter the Massive chamber, You see Protheos, Lord of Valor, Sitting on his throne of gold and marble. Ladara, The lady of Trickery on her throne that looks like a pile of platinum. Faotim, The god of Dwarves, Sitting on his carved stone seat. Clankencog, The god of Knownledge, Hovering above Protheos' shoulder in the form of a giant raven. Aler, The god of humans and elves, Slumped back in his seat with his head in his hands. Vitrahi, The god of dragons, Coiled around a giant pulsating crystal. And finally Thanatius, The god of shadows and demons, Sitting on his mound of skulls with Multiple spirits flying around him.
    Last edited by Lonewolfe208; 2012-06-25 at 10:16 AM.
    Narian Wolfe

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

His grin looking rather like the smile of a kid contemplating Christmas, Flutter steps into the shadow of his nearest counterpart and vanishes, reappearing in the shadow cast by Azazel. "Hail great ones!" he calls out to those arranged about the chamber. "I hope your day went well!"
    Last edited by Demidos; 2012-06-24 at 09:05 PM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Protheos looks down at the mortal with disdain.
    If only it had brave soul. Then we may of had no need for you.

He glances up at the raven who seems to be whispering to him.

At that very moment, A Giant of a man steps through a portal appearing in the center of the chamber. Standing about 35 Feet tall, The Fiery mane of hair on the man falls down to about his waist. He looks up at Protheos:

It is worse then we believed sir. The Ardanians have unleashed their minor gods upon the world to wreck havoc.

Protheos slams his first into the arm of his chair, causing the entire room to shake:

Have they no respect for the laws of the world? We created this realm! Our word should be law!

Across from the angry god, Thanatius speaks like a hoarse goat:
    Allow me to loose my children upon them Protheos. They will rue the day they broke our laws! A flicker of pure evil crosses his eyes.

Protheos stop shaking the room long enough to think about the offer. Before dismissing the notion with a wave.
    Last edited by Lonewolfe208; 2012-06-24 at 09:21 PM.
    Narian Wolfe

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Protheos then turns to the assembly of champions:
    Champions, Your task is simple, We need you to be our mortal vassals in the war, We cannot interfer due to the laws we the six set years ago, Each of you will Champion one of us, And into you, we will channel our strengths. Azazel will be your guide on your journey, And your goals are simple, First, You need to end the war of the Olden cities versus the Ardanian cities, by what ever means necessary, Some cities are less zealous then others, so you will need to try different tacticds. Next, you need to stop the Ardanian lords from exerting their physical forms, It will give us a chance to invade their minds will they are weak and overpower them. And finally, You need to destroy their blasphemous followers! As long as they preach to kings and queens, the poison the minds of the lords and force their hand to Ardanian sides! Are you up for the task?
    Last edited by Lonewolfe208; 2012-06-24 at 09:31 PM.
    Narian Wolfe

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

"A many faceted and challenging task, it would of course be a great honour to serve. If I could presume to choose my patron I would humbly request to be in the service of the noble Ahuramazda" Appleleaf buzzes

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

"I beg the chance to channel the power of my Goddess, she of two faces." Flutter says, bowing almost to the floor to Proteus
    Spoiler
    Show
    And if Ladara is in the room, he throws himself to the floor at her feet.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ladara smirks and bows her head in agreement. Ahuramazda isn't present, but appleleaf can feel the dieties presence inside himself.
    Narian Wolfe

30. - Top - End - #60

SwashbucklerGuy

Lightbulb Re: Standing in the Balance (IC)

Casually walking into the room, Iados straightened his back as he bowed before the various Gods. Although he held disdain for at least one of the Old Ones in the room, he knew better than to speak his mind here. Turning to Protheos, he bowed even deeper in place.

"Business as usual then?" he said with a completely straight face. Unlike in the waiting room, Iados seemed much more serious and somber, without a hint of the smile that he had just moments before. Instead he almost seemed too respectful in place, as if he was going through a routine that he had practiced and repeated many times before. "I stand by my Lord, Jundr, forever and always, until the end of Time itself. With the might of those gathered here today, I have no doubt in my mind that we can solve even the most difficult task."

Glancing at his troubled demeanor, Iados wondered what Aler thought about all of this. "Aler, what seems to trouble you? It is odd to see you so....down." Iados said simply.