New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Standing in the Balance (IC)

Zeref softly speaks again, I shall also place myself in a direct combat group. I feel certain restrictions of mine will prove... cumbersome to any attempts at stealth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

As they walked out of the room, Iados sighed. It seemed like he was holding something in, just by being in the same room as the Gods. It wasn't disrespectful or malice but it seemed that Iados greatly preferred not to speak in front of them.

"I'm not too sure we should split up based like that," he said with a shrug. "I would rather we split up based on complimentary skill sets, so that we end up being more than a sum of individually strong champions. The Ardanians Gods will love to exploit our weaknesses at every turn so it would be bad if we conveniently separated ourselves by 'type'."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Protheos sighs deeply:

Your divide and conquer strategy will work on the first few temples, but once you gain the attention of the lords, you will have creatures of legend on your backsides. And there are many temples with many followers milling about. He rubs his temples:
    The general of the Larias Empire, the majority of the cities that we control, requires assistance on the battlefronts, you could go assist him in his war.
    Last edited by Lonewolfe208; 2012-07-03 at 07:45 AM.
    Narian Wolfe

Narian speaks in Deep sky blue

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

As you wish. Where is he currently stationed? I can take us there, if it is so required. Flutter's eyes glint at the prospect of excitement.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

"Splitting our forces could double our efficacy, I agree.
    While being able to change shape is great for disguise and infiltration I believe I perform the task of 'hit things' better than 'sneak'"
    Appleleaf says with a buzzing chuckle. "Although I think a battlefield may be my place to shine"
    Last edited by greenpotato; 2012-07-04 at 04:38 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96

"I/We care not where I/we am/are going as long as I/we get to increase the ire of deities." A deep metallic rumble of a chuckle emanates from underneath the chimaera mask that does not bode well for its intended victims.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

The General is stationed in Abalast, one of the hold cities of the Larian Empire, It is also the closest city to the Ardanian Empire. He is about to launch an attack into their lands.
    Narian Wolfe

8. - Top - End - #98
    Banned

Goblin

"Then what are we waiting for?" Nanny ask, quite bored by the discussion.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    "Then what are we waiting for?" Nanny ask, quite bored by the discussion.
    Zeref nods, I agree, let us all go together and help at the battlefield. It will help us get familiar with one another's skill sets. Can anyone teleport us there now? I assume there is something that we can do there right away.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"I would be happy to. Or perhaps a spell of shadow walking? Defenses against teleportation are depressingly common among the powerful and the paranoid. I find it remarkable how often those two traits coincide."
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomWombat
    You are a magnificent person and you should feel magnificent.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

"I know the spell greater teleport. While shadow walking is grand is time not an issue? How far away is our destination? A distance of many miles may take hours to shadow walk"
    Last edited by greenpotato; 2012-07-05 at 05:41 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Zeref nods and speaks softly, I believe that time is of the essence. Most teleportation protections aren't dangerous anyway they tend to just block teleportations from occurring. I think you should cast your spell Appleleaf.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

Protheos snorts:

If you want a rough estimate, I would say that the base camp is around 3000 miles away, We can transport you there if that is your desire.
    Narian Wolfe

14. - Top - End - #104

SwashbucklerGuy

Nodding at their suggestions, Iados scratched his chin. He seemed to be contemplating something, but he pushed the thought aside for now. It was likely that the general would have more information to add when they got there. Eager to leave and get started, he turned back to the others. "Okay sure. Let's do this already," he said simply.

Turning to Protheos, he bowed. "Then I humbly request that you please do so. After all, you don't want us to be delayed either."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolfe208 View Post
    Protheos snorts:

If you want a rough estimate, I would say that the base camp is around 3000 miles away, We can transport you there if that is your desire.
    Zeref nods, If you could do that it would be great. Thank you.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, lets go. Is everyone ready?"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Banned

Goblin

"I was bron ready, my friend." Nanny says, visibly excited.

18. - Top - End - #108

"Let us go."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Slamming his giant fists together, Protheos emits an energy beam thats sucks your party up like a vacuum. You fell slightly dizzy, before landing in a big open area, you see soliders milling about, the camp being shown to be alive and functional.
    Narian Wolfe

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

"Do not be alarmed, we have come to help. Where is the General?" Appleleaf thrums loudly as she hovers towards the nearest soldier.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Banned

Goblin

"We're gonna deal with those people you're fighting with for you! Yo don't have to thank us." Nanny says to the soldiers.

22. - Top - End - #112

SwashbucklerGuy

As Iados arrived onto the scene, he instinctively winced. The sounds of war and metal was all around him, and it was not an unfamiliar sight. Still, Iados had to say that he did not relish it. Turning with a grim face, he scanned the rest of the camp for anything that seemed unique or special. He wondered where the General was. Obviously a group of highly specialized and...peculiar looking individuals was just transported into the middle of their fortified camp.

Taking a deep breath, he realized that the situation was just slightly unfavorable for them. Hopefully their appearances would not frighten some of the soldiers and cause a panic. That wouldn't be the best of first impressions.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

The camp lights up around you, you recognize the sounds of alarms going off and the camp mobilizes around you, not AT you. A large male human wearing a crown comes around the bend with a group of advisors hovering about him like a group of flies. At the fore front of the group, you see Azazel whispering into the ear of the crowned one. He nods a couple of times and breaks into a run, screaming for his soliders to mobilize.

Azazel brushes himself off and appears next to the party.

"Well, good news, Nanny you get to smash things. Bad news, these things are giants. They are pushing war machines up the hill at our position, 12 of them to be exact. And besides the thousands of soliders milling about the towers, you also have a bunch of pissed-off looking giants." Azazel touches one of his tattoos, which glows briefly, before frowning deeply:
    "They have strong casters with them too." His eyes flash a crimson red:
    "Well boys, we have our work cut out, let's stop these towers."
    Narian Wolfe

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

Zeref looks around suddenly serious now that his goal has been stated, I believe it might be effective to have a distraction group. And a sabotage group. People that are durable should go in the distraction group. That group should cause as much destruction and mayhem causing the group with the task of sabotage easier. Each group should have one person capable of teleporting. I shall be most effective fighting living creatures so I shall place myself in the distraction group. Nanny I believe you may wish to join me in this as well. If anyone else has any other plans I am willing to here them out. This of course only works if the armies are somewhat far away from the siege towers themselves. If they aren't we should just move as a united force of doom upon them.
    Last edited by Silva Stormrage; 2012-07-10 at 12:22 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

"As Azazel says, the army is milling about the base of the towers, let's get stuck in. I can cast time stop and then summon many swarms to kill much of the ground forces around the base of the towers. If the giants are the ones pushing the siege engines then stop them and the seize engines are useless" Appleleaf buzzes in an eager way.
    Last edited by greenpotato; 2012-07-10 at 01:20 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

Azazel shakes his head:

" I fear you may be endangered if you do that. I can sense 4 casters of tremendous power."
    Narian Wolfe

27. - Top - End - #117
    Banned

Goblin

Nanny smashes her fists together. "Then just point them out to us, we'll teleport next to them and lay a smackdown on their candy a**es!"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

The tattoo'd man shakes his head:

"I'm afraid it doesn't work like that my dear."
    Narian Wolfe

29. - Top - End - #119
    Banned

Goblin

"Why not?" Nanny ask innecently, like a child asking why she cannot get candy.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Zeref sighs, Wards against teleportation probably. Okay then, second plan. Lets try to isolate these casters from the rest of the group. We shall split into two groups. One with me and a caster who can't cast greater invisibility or a better invisibility spell and who can also teleport. It will also be beneficial if he can cast a high level dispel such as disjunction but that is not necessary. Then we shall have the rest stay back here. Depending on how close the teleportation wards reach the caster and I shall approach the camp. I shall then start sending black flames into the army. This ability duplicates the spell blackfire for those casters who are familiar with it. We shall wait until a caster attempts to come out and challenge us. If all four come out the caster I am with will teleport me out. If only one comes in then the rest will teleport in and hopefully we shall destroy him fast enough before reinforcements arrive. If we are still within the wards when he appears the caster and I will run as far as we can away from the camp to get out of the wards and then the ambush group teleports in when they can. Any one object to this plan?