New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Default Troll Squad Optimazation

Hey, currently in a game my Troll has his buddies and I wanted to ask for some help building them, only nine levels to play with so it's a decent challenge, I have been trying to think of how I can make my cleric troll roll and my rouge troll, I'm currently thinking of a hoard theif, and shadow dancer mix, but I can't think of anything for these half dragon brutes besides the basics, I'm using the troll leveling bracket from SS and it limits me but makes them a tad tougher, and all of them are currently immune to negative levels and energy and ability damage/drain off of soul fire armor, could I get some help with these evil trolls? My other trolls are currently a black guard, necromancer, and a purple dragon knight adapted to shadow for the only half shadow dragon troll, I'd like all of my trolls to have half dragon but it's not needed if you can squeeze in the immunities to fire and acid, thanks in advance, nothing but book of nine swords is banned and the loth touched template because of a evil player we had, once again, thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Kitzo; 2012-06-16 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Troll Squad Optimazation

Quote Originally Posted by Kitzo View Post
    Hey, currently in a game my Troll has his buddies and I wanted to ask for some help building them, only nine levels to play with so it's a decent challenge . . .

I'd like all of my trolls to have half dragon but it's not needed if you can squeeze in the immunities to fire and acid, thanks in advance, nothing but book of nine swords is banned and the loth touched template because of a evil player we had, once again, thanks in advance!
    Trolls have 6 racial HD and LA+5 so they start at ECL 11. Do you mean this is a level 20 game? Being absolutely clear about that kind of thing will get you more responses.

I really don't even think immunity to fire and acid ought to be on your shopping list. Sure, regeneration is nice, but at level 20 a wizard or cleric isn't going to have to bother figuring out what you're immune to - you'll be hit with Plane Shift or Polymorph Any Object or twinned Enervation, or something. You mentioned Soulfire armor, and that's a start, but your main problem is abysmal saves, with no Diamond Mind to get around them, and a lack of any real natural defenses against combat options at this level.
    The Refounding OOC IC
    Here be Dragons

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "Cold is better for cooking food than heat!"=wrong. As simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by moritheil View Post
    But we even have real world examples of cold cooking, so is it so unreasonable to say that in a fantasy world that could be the norm and that cold COULD be better than heat for cooking?

You can produce several million pounds of Tarrasque steak every day! (Better hope he's edible.)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Troll Squad Optimazation

Well, the trolls that I want help with are Npc's... It's all about flavor here for y character and I enjoy the fact that I dropped 14ish levels and my saves are favorable even to troll, my whole build is centered upon being a undying creature, my goal is to become immune to everything, got my food taken care of, got my half dragon bought off, it's all or the giggles because I am currently the only character that makes my dm think of how to kill him, and my troll is going epic, and they are just to be part of the story for building, they don't need to be immune it was just for flavor, and save arn't a problem for a character that can't be targeted by single target spells via magic items... My will is going sky high from being forced to multi class to get into hide carved dragon for even more flavor, it ok to be silly, so long a it does something... My troll hits harder than a train currently having dealt over 800 damage on a Melee attack against a lich... It's all for flavor and I cant think of any thing flavorful for the cleric and rogue :) All I want is help for my silly npc's.*

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

If they're NPCs, then remember non-associated class levels. You can get three extra levels if six are something that a troll wouldn't obviously be good at, like a caster.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Feel free to become immune to fire, I still got my Searing Spells.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries