New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Post Earthbending Cleirc

So I'm trying to make a earthbenidng cleric, and I'm looking for suggestions on how to make a functioning one. (this is an Avatar[last airbender/legend of Korra] reference btw) Basically a character that fights by moving and controlling the earth/stone around them.

I was thinking so far that I'd go cleric I'm open to using another class but I'd like to also have the healing option for my party. I'd pick earth and strength as my domains. then pick up other domains not sure what will mesh well particularly. (Sovereign Speaker PrC)

Basically I'm looking for a way to make a character who will have the ability to mainly only effect others by moving the earth and stone around them. I'd like to be a cleric cause it allows for more versatility once I'm set loose on the campaign as I have no idea what situations we may be facing. But I'm open to other suggestions.

this is for a Level 10 build

Feats I'm looking at(only have 5 if I go human only 4 other wise):
    Spontaneous Domainlink
    Divine Metamagiclink
    Strength Devotion link
    Earth spell(more reading needed)
    Clutch of Earth link
    Earth Sense link
    -Earth Adept link
    Earth Hertiage link
    Customize Domain link
    Earth Devotion link

Spells I'm looking at:
    Substitute Domain(more reading)
    Need a good list of cleric earth spells as per the Customize domain feat I can switch in earth spells in my Domain.

Substitution Class Features I'm looking at:
    Spontaneous Domain Casting(loose turn/rebuke earth creature[super s-hit-ty anyway] gain spontaneous domain casting all the time plus can prepare cure or inflict spells in domain slots.)PHBII
    That plus spontaneous domain casting gives me the ability to spontaneous cast heal again albeit only at 1 per spell level but still, can heal bot just not as good(which I'm already fine with as I want him to prefer to earth bend over anything else lol)

Will update as create the character more/ if people give me build ideas/help. ( rest of the PC's are looking to go elemental based as well each a different one)
    Last edited by Bigfoot009; 2012-06-13 at 02:14 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Earthbending Cleirc

PF material allowed?

In PF, Stone mystery Oracle+Eldritch Heritage: Deep Earth (Bedrock if the GM lets you pick Wildblooded with EH) line and selecting earth spells works very well. Curse can even be Clouded Vision (too bad there is no way to expand the range of your 30 feet tremorsense from your bloodline).
    Last edited by deuxhero; 2012-06-13 at 01:41 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Druid, Shugenja and Wu Jen might fit the concept better than the cleric imo, altough a cleric with the right domains is of course fine.

For races, Dwarf (especially the Earth Dwarf) and the Goliath both have an earthy feel (gnomes, half-drow and lesser drow as well to some degree).

For prcs you might want to look at:
    Earth Dreamer (Races of Stone, cleric/shugenja prc)
    Stonespeaker Guardian (Races of Stone, goliath druid prc)
    Elemental Savant (Complete Arcane, any spellcaster prc)
    Sandshaper (Sandstorm, arcane prc)
    Deep Diviner (Underdark, arcane prc)

Possible alternative class features:
    Goliath Druid substitution levels (races of stone)
    Dwarf Cleric substitution levels (races of stone)
    Dwarf Sorcerer substitution levels (races of stone)
    Elemental Companion (druid, complete mage)
    Rootwalker (druid, dungeonscape)
    Domain Access (sorcerer, complete champion)

Possible feats:
    Clutch of Earth (complete mage)
    Earth Devotion (complete champion)
    Earth Spell (as you mentioned)

Note, if you're using Shugenja as your base class you can dip the Contemplative prc (complete divine) to gain a domain.
    Last edited by Diovid; 2012-06-13 at 05:15 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Thumbs up Re: Earthbending Cleirc

Yeah any material is allowed, its a one-shot of sorts type of campaign since I'm the standard DM, and My buddy/player is planning a short take a break style campaign to speckling in when we want a break from my campaign, so get to play YAY!

It similar to Exiles rules which I don't think anyone would know the reference but it's a comic book reference which basically allows the characters access to almost everything without restriction(since it's a one-shot we often allow cheese).

I'll be probably building him today so I'll post more of what my build looks like got like two weeks before I need to play, I'd like to stay cleric to fill that party role out, ya know but I'll look at the things you suggested Diovid.

What is PF an abbreviation for?
    Last edited by Bigfoot009; 2012-06-13 at 10:40 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

You could go with this homebrew, which has all a system for all of the benders. Worth looking at at least.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Gotta be playable in 3.5 existing rules I doubt my dm will allow a homebrew... I'll look at it but It has to function within normal Dnd 3.5 as that what the other characters and the world is based in.
    Last edited by Bigfoot009; 2012-06-13 at 12:18 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Apparently PF's ARG has a Bard archetype that pretty much is water bending.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    You could go with this homebrew, which has all a system for all of the benders. Worth looking at at least.
    Wasn't there some other Bending class around here somewhere, made by the people of the playground? I can swear I saw someone link it in another thread, but I cannot for the life of me seem to find it.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

the one your thinking of may be the oen linked, a few of the links from the linked one lead back here if i remember right
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]