1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Ammunition Breakage

So I have spent quite a bit of time reading various posts etc and want to confirm.

Here is what I think I know about RAW and ammo.

- Generally speaking ammo is destroyed upon hit and 50% chance of destruction upon miss.
    - Masterwork ammo is destroyed upon USE.
    - Magical ammo is destroyed upon hit and 50% chance of destruction upon miss.
    - In order to receive a magical enhancement a piece of ammo would need to be of masterwork quality.

So if I had a masterwork arrow and shot it, it would be destroyed. However, that same arrow if I gave it a +2 would then be magical and is destroyed upon hit and 50% chance of destruction upon miss.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Ammunition Breakage

That is RAW, and it makes no sense whatsoever that masterwork ammo breaks 100% of the time while standard ammo breaks less often.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Ammunition Breakage

Obviously, masterwork arrows fly so fast that they disintegrate from friction, and magic arrows have a higher tolerance for disintegration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    Imagine if the combat system was as well thought out and explained as the skill system. You could cut it down to a page and a half, monsters would be about three sentences long. Best of all you don't have to remember any tables for conditions or detail the special abilities because you've got rulings instead of rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting