Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 218
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    New Map
    Spoiler
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Nothing to see, just couldn't see my last post.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Resuming his delayed action, Miaspar yells out. "Riders flanking from behind!" He then mumurs a few words and casts the spell, Bane.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Player X
    AC ~13; Current ~ 13
    HP ~ 15; Current ~ X

    Effects~
    Spell: Bane fills your enemies with fear and doubt. Each affected creature takes a -1 penalty on attack rolls and a -1 penalty on saving throws against fear effects.

    Lasts for one min. 50 feet radius of position. All enemies in square f16, z16, z26 and f26 must make Will Save DC 14 or be affected by the spell.



  4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: If I cast grease at u18 so it covers u17-u18-v17-v18, could I have gotten in front of h11 in order to get h11 and h9?

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    As the horsemen come charging forward, a second group circles around the back.
    Maispar yells out his warning to the rest of his comrades. He unleashes an aura of forbidding magic upon the sappers.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Saves vs Bane DC 14
    HG1
    (1d20)[1](1)

    HG2
    (1d20)[11](11)


    HG3
    (1d20)[15](15)


    HGS
    (1d20+5)[1](6)




    A moment later, Karven, clinging to one of the wagons, taps into his heritages and unleashes a blast of energy that lights up the night sky with a greenish hue as it hits the hobgoblin directly in the chest an instant after he had fired his shortbow.

    And, almost immediately, Oloek's eyes flash a deep blue as he covers the ground with an ectoplasmic sheet in front of some of the horses as they charge towards the spear wielding guards, catching three of the horsement [H9, H11, & H12] by surprise as they were galloping forward.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Balance checks vs DC 10
    H9
    (1d20-4)[7](3)
    H11
    (1d20-4)[14](10)
    H12
    (1d20-4)[1](-3)



    The guards, with their superior reach from their longspear, set against the charge, attack before the hobgoblins can close the range.

    Spoiler
    Show

    BG1
    (1d20+4)[15](19)
    Conf
    (1d20+4)[7](11)
    Damage
    (1d8+3)[6](9)

    BG2
    (1d20+4)[18](22)
    Conf
    (1d20+4)[10](14)
    Damage
    (1d8+3)[1](4)

    BG3
    (1d20+4)[3](7)
    Conf
    (1d20+4)[20](24)
    Damage
    (1d8+3)[6](9)

    BG4
    (1d20+4)[16](20)
    Conf
    (1d20+4)[12](16)
    Damage
    (1d8+3)[7](10)

    BG5
    (1d20+4)[14](18)
    Conf
    (1d20+4)[5](9)
    Damage
    (1d8+3)[1](4)



    The guards on the wagons, wielding shortbows, unleash their salvo
    Spoiler
    Show

    WG1 vs H1
    (1d20+2)[20](22)
    Conf
    (1d20+2)[18](20)
    Damage
    (1d6)[6](6)

    WG2 vs H3
    (1d20+2)[14](16)
    Conf
    (1d20+2)[1](3)
    Damage
    (1d6)[3](3)

    WG3 vs H5
    (1d20+2)[14](16)
    Conf
    (1d20+2)[6](8)
    Damage
    (1d6)[6](6)

    WG4 vs H7
    (1d20+2)[3](5)
    Conf
    (1d20+2)[17](19)
    Damage
    (1d6)[1](1)




    Spoiler
    Show
    Ack! What an accounting nightmare. Depending on the rolls, I will post up the next set of actions.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    H9
    (1d6)[4]

    H12
    (1d6)[2] x2


  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bane vs 14

    H2
    (1d20)[15](15)
    H4
    (1d20)[7](7)
    H6
    (1d20)[3](3)
    H8
    (1d20)[9](9)
    H9
    (1d20)[10](10)
    H10
    (1d20)[1](1)
    H11
    (1d20)[15](15)
    H12
    (1d20)[8](8)

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    The hobgoblin leader, sitting in the back, looks on his troops in disarray as 3 of his troops fall before they even meet the trespassers. Realizing that magic is wielded by the opposition, he yells out above the din of battle “Glith guruk vazig ulinar! Teng dik valit ari’kul tek!”

    Spoiler
    Show
    H1, H2, and H10 are down and not moving
    H9 was unsaddled and is prone at the ground near BG4


    If you speak goblin, let me know.

    He then moves his horse forward and dismounts.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Horse is at K/15-16 and he is standing at L/16


    Teven, seeing that his guards are all still standing and only a couple of the archers are wounded, moves back and yells to the two sword wielding guards “Make sure those round’abouter’s don’t sneak in!”

    Spoiler
    Show
    Teven moves to M/25 and has two short swords drawn


    A moment later, small glowing object, that looks like a red pearl, streaks over Teven’s head and lands near the spot the merchant had previously occupied.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Karven & Oloek, I need reflex saves nix that, I just realized you two are just both out of range.

    BG4
    (1d20+1)[13](14)


    WG2
    (1d20+1)[20](21)

    WG3
    (1d20+1)[11](12)

    Teven
    (1d20+6)[6](12)



    Maispar only

    Spoiler
    Show
    Maispar sees J-K/32 move 10 feet and L-M/32 and fire the red, glowing pearl.
    H-I/33 moves M/28-29 and has a shortbow nocked, F-G/31 moves to G/26-27 and dismounts with scimitar drawn, P-Q/31 moves to S/27-28 and has a scimitar drawn.
    Last edited by razorback; 2012-06-22 at 09:56 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    (6d6)[22]




    As the fireball erupts, two of the guards fall and Teven is badly hurt. Two of the wagons catch fire.

    Over the clash of steel, you can hear a low, loud rumbling sound as the ground beings to vibrate.


    The hobgoblins, either oblivous to the sound or just plain ignoring it, continue their attacks, trying to bring the guards down.

    Spoiler
    Show

    H4 vs BG2 (-1 Bane)
    [rollv]1d20+3[/rollv]
    Crit conf
    [rollv]1d20+3[/rollv]
    Damage
    [rollv]1d6+3[/rollv]

    H3 vs BG2
    [rollv]1d20+3[/rollv]
    Crit conf
    [rollv]1d20+3[/rollv]
    Damage
    [rollv]1d6[/rollv]

    H6 vs BG3 (-1 Bane)
    [rollv]1d20+3[/rollv]
    Crit conf
    [rollv]1d20+3[/rollv]
    Damage
    [rollv]1d6+3[/rollv]

    H5 vs BG3
    [rollv]1d20+3[/rollv]
    Crit conf
    [rollv]1d20+3[/rollv]
    Damage
    [rollv]1d6[/rollv]

    H8 vs BG3 (-1 Bane)
    [rollv]1d20+3[/rollv]
    Crit conf
    [rollv]1d20+3[/rollv]
    Damage
    [rollv]1d6+3[/rollv]

    H7 vs BG3
    [rollv]1d20+3[/rollv]
    Crit conf
    [rollv]1d20+3[/rollv]
    Damage
    [rollv]1d6[/rollv]


    H11 vs BG5
    [rollv]1d20+3[/rollv]
    Crit conf
    [rollv]1d20+3[/rollv]
    Damage
    [rollv]1d6[/rollv]

    H12 vs BG5 (-1 Bane)
    [rollv]1d20+3[/rollv]
    Crit conf
    [rollv]1d20+3[/rollv]
    Damage
    [rollv]1d6+3[/rollv]



    The hobgoblin who fell with his horse attempts to stand and receives an attack from the spear-wielding guard near him for his efforts

    Spoiler
    Show

    BG4 vs H9
    [rollv]1d20+8[/rollv] (adding prone as a bonus to attack instead of negative to AC)
    Crit conf
    [rollv]1d20+4[/rollv]
    Damage
    [rollv]1d2+2[/rollv]




    With the eruption, 3 of the guards fall, one to the fireball and two immediately afterwards from the assault by the hobgoblins.
    Spoiler
    Show

    WG3, BG2 and WG1 are all down

    Last edited by razorback; 2012-06-22 at 11:08 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven, currently on top of the wagon (not hanging on the edge), spots the enemy leader not that far from him. He charges up an eldritch blast and throws it at their leader.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[14] Check: (1d20+4)[19]
    Damage: (1d6)[4] Crit: (1d6)[1]
    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Miaspar sees the riders closing in. "three riders, North-east, East and South-east between the rock. Cast behind them. I'll take care of the leader!"

    Calling on his ancestors for strength, Miaspar gives out a loud shiek, as would a bird of prey. He leaps off his perch and charges the hobgoblin leader from above.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Player X
    AC ~13; Current ~ (w/rage & charge) 9
    HP ~ 15; Current ~ (w/rage) 18

    Maispar Rages

    +4 Strength, +4 Consitution

    Full-round action: Charge

    double-movement to L17
    Attack Hobgoblin leader (L16) with masterwork Falchion
    (1d20+9)[19]

    Threat range 18-20

    Confirmation (if necessary)
    (1d20+9)[17]

    Damage
    (2d4+7)[13]


  12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek wonders what the rumbling is all about, but decides there are more pressing thing for now. At Miaspar's direction, he runs to the nearest hole in the rocks and takes half a second to see what his next action is.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Player TheDon
    AC 13; Current 17
    HP 13; Current 18

    Effects~
    Spell Force Screen gives +4 AC for 9 rds
    Spell Vigor gives 5 THP for 8 rds


    Move Action ~
    Move to S28

    Standard Action ~
    Waiting to know what I see first.
    Last edited by TheDon; 2012-06-22 at 05:26 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    TheDon, go ahead and finish Oloek's action



  14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek, coming face to face with the mounted attacker lets out a scream of rage, losing his focus and swings his blade of energy at him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack HG3 and expend focus for psionic weapon
    attack (1d20+2)[6] damage [roll]1d6+1+2d6[/roll]
    confirmation (1d20+2)[12]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: meh, not going to bother fixing it with a 6 for to hit.

    Last edited by TheDon; 2012-06-23 at 02:35 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    As the night sky quickly dims from the glow of the fireball, Karven sees the apparent leader of the hobgoblins. Taking aim, he fires his blast of green, eldritch power. The blast takes the hobgoblin full in the chest, but he shrugs off even though the pain is evident.
    In a one-two assault, Maispar charges the same hobgoblin while yelling out directions to his comrades. His falchion, whistling as is slices the air, connects with the hobgoblin, who lets out a howl.
    Oloek, taking Maispars direction, move to flank those trying to sneak in and some up short as he is confronted by a mounted horseman. Reacting quickly, he uses the blade made of pure will but misses as he doesn't have time to properly set up his attack.

    One of the spearwielding guards steps up and tries to finish off the mounted horseman in front of him.
    Spoiler
    Show

    BG5 vs H12
    Attack
    (1d20+4)[20](24)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+4)[10](14)
    Damage
    (1d8+2)[7](9)


    The guard just two his right tries to accomplish the same thing against the hobgoblin who just stood.

    Spoiler
    Show

    BG4 vs H9
    Attack
    (1d20+4)[14](18)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+4)[6](10)
    Damage
    (1d8+2)[5](7)



    The guard to his right, bleeding profusely and two hobgoblins in front of him, steps back and tries to fend off the attackers as best he can.

    Spoiler
    Show

    B4 takes a 5 foot step back and fights defensively.
    BG4 vs H8
    Attack
    (1d20+4)[17](21)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+4)[10](14)
    Damage
    (1d8+2)[7](9)



    The last of the spearwielding guards, seeing the two raiders he was confronting down, rushes forward and charges one of the mounted archerers.

    Spoiler
    Show


    BG1 vs H3
    Attack
    (1d20+4)[13](17)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+4)[9](13)
    Damage
    (1d8+2)[8](10)


    As the first of the gwo guards directed by Teven moves to block off the flankers, he charges forward to confront the mounted hobgoblin, longsword held high as he yells I spit in Maglubiyet eyes, you dogs!" as he attacks.

    Spoiler
    Show

    GG1 vs HG1
    Attack
    (1d20+4)[10](14)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+4)[15](19)
    Damage
    (1d8+1)[7](8)



    The other rushes forward and, seeing Oloek attacking, pulls out a dagger and thows.
    Spoiler
    Show

    BG1 vs H3
    Attack
    (1d20+2)[11](13)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+2)[2](4)
    Damage
    (1d4+1)[4](5)




    The last of the two human archers, taking aim, fire at their mounted counterparts.

    Spoiler
    Show

    WG2 vs H5
    Attack
    (1d20+2)[19](21)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+2)[12](14)
    Damage
    (1d6)[3](3)


    WG4 vs H7
    Attack
    (1d20+2)[14](16)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+2)[13](15)
    Damage
    (1d6)[3](3)


  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    H9
    (1d10)[3]
    BG2
    (1d10)[6]
    WG1
    (1d10)[1]



  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    As two more hobgoblins fall to the defenders of the caravan (H12 & H9) and another looks to be standing by a hair (H3).

    The leader yells out “Glith guruk vazig vilinar! Teng kik ulit ari’kul tek!Teng v'kik hulit ari’kul tek!” as he lashes out with his scimitar at Maispar

    Spoiler
    Show

    HL vs Maispar
    (1d20+8)[16](24)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+8)[13](21)
    Damage
    (1d6+1)[1](2)



    Teven, seeing the horseman trying to sneak around, rushes him with both and attacks with both short swords.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Teven vs. HG2 #1
    (1d20+3)[3](6)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+3)[1](4)
    Damage
    (1d6)[5](5)
    #2
    (1d20+3)[5](8)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+3)[6](9)
    Damage
    (1d6)[4](4)



    The hobgoblin magic user points at Teven and a red-orange ray goes streaking from his hand at the merchant.

    Spoiler
    Show

    HGS(bane) vs Teven
    (1d20+1)[8](9)

    (4d6)[3][3][3][6](15)



    A rumbling motion can be felt by all of the combatants as a sound like low pitched birds screech, but hundreds of times louder, can be heard.

    One of the mounted bowmen, after nearly being hit by the charging mindblade wielder, eases his frantic horse back as he fires at the apparent human.


    Spoiler
    Show

    HG3 vs Oloek
    (1d20+4)[16](20)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+4)[5](9)
    Damage
    (1d6)[3](3)

    Edit: accidentally put GG1 but attack was vs Oloek.


    His fellow mounted hobgoblin, cramped from dismounting his horse, attempts to attack Teven


    Spoiler
    Show

    HG2 (bane, -2 circ) vs Teven
    (1d20+1)[10](11)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+1)[17](18)
    Damage
    (1d6+1)[2](3)


    The last of the sneaks, dismounted, slashes forward as he tries to take down the other longsword wielding human.

    Spoiler
    Show

    HG1 vs. GG1
    HG2 (bane) vs Teven
    (1d20+3)[1](4)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+3)[16](19)
    Damage
    (1d6+1)[3](4)



    The three mounted archers fire at their human counterparts

    Spoiler
    Show

    H7 vs WG2
    (1d20+4)[18](22)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+4)[6](10)
    Damage
    (1d6)[2](2)

    H5 vs WG2
    (1d20+4)[18](22)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+4)[7](11)
    Damage
    (1d6)[1](1)

    H11 vs WG4
    (1d20+4)[5](9)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+4)[8](12)
    Damage
    (1d6)[4](4)



    While the scimitar-armed raiders attempt to finish off their foes.

    Spoiler
    Show

    H8 (bane)vs WG3
    (1d20+3)[10](13)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+3)[14](17)
    Damage
    (1d6+1)[6](7)



    H6 (bane) vs Maispar
    (1d20+3)[18](21)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+3)[17](20)
    Damage
    (1d6)[2](2)

    H5 vs Karven
    (1d20+4)[15](19)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+4)[11](15)
    Damage
    (1d6)[5](5)

    H4 (bane)vs BG3
    (1d20+3)[10](13)
    Crit conf
    (1d20+3)[16](19)
    Damage
    (1d6)[1](1)




    Dammz... you guys are up.
    Initiative order is~
    Horseman Leader
    Teven
    Hobgoblins
    Maispar
    Karven
    Oloek
    Guards

    Last edited by razorback; 2012-06-27 at 03:33 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC posting in advance to not slow things down


    Spoiler
    Show
    after receiving the hit, Oloek moves 5 foot back and looks at the hobgoblin "I think you need to come off your high horses" and covers the ground under the horse with an ectoplasmic sheen. He then VERY briefly looks at the sky to see if he can find where the sound comes from.
    Player TheDon
    AC 13; Current 17
    HP 13; Current 15

    Effects~
    Spell Force Screen gives +4 AC for 8 rds
    Spell Vigor gives 2 THP for 7 rds


    Move Action ~
    5ft step back

    Standard Action ~
    Grease under HG3 Reflex DC 15

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    With the Hobgoblin leader still standing, Miaspar attacks him, in the hope of finishing him off. He them steps over to block the gap between the wagons, daring any horsemen to challenge him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Player X
    AC ~13; Current ~ (w/rage) 10
    HP ~ 12; Current ~ (w/rage) 14

    Maispar Rages

    Stardard action: Attack Hobgoblin leader (L16) with masterwork Falchion
    (1d20+7)[14]

    Threat range 18-20

    Confirmation (if necessary)
    (1d20+7)[11]

    Damage
    (2d4+7)[14]

    Take five foot step over to K18 after attack.


  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Much like before, Karven launches a blast of green to try to take out the leader. If he fell, he changed his target to pretty much anyone else.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[23] Check: (1d20+4)[23]
    Damage: (1d6)[5] Crit: (1d6)[1]
    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    The horsemen leader, barking out his orders, has a sneer on his face of contempt for the group of defenders... until the flashing blade of Maispar cuts deep, leaving a gouge in his chest through his studded leather armor. As he opens his mouth and begins to scream, the sky is again lit up in a display of fey might, as Karven's blast catches him full in the face. The scream, turning into a howl, subsides as the hobgoblin staggers on his feet, scorched and bleeding, teetering on the brink of falling.

    Oloek, seeing the mounted hobgoblin above him, steps back and let loose with his hidden power. His eyes flash blue for a moment and the smell of blubber is thick in the air. Below the hobgoblin's horse, a sheen of thick liquid appears, as the horse struggles to find footing.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Reflex save
    (1d20-4)[14](10)


    As his eyes dim, he looks up at the sky...
    Spoiler
    Show

    O-S
    (1d20+7)[20](27)
    O-L
    (1d20+7)[4](11)


    ... and, as he feels the ground start to tremble, he looks back towards the caravan.
    As he looks at the charred ground, he sees that, where the fireball made contact with the ground, a small, circular depression begins to form. As it starts to grow in size, he can see that it is also getting deeper, as if the ground itself is falling away.
    Before he can yell out a warning, the growth rate expands faster than he can believe... and the ground falls away from everyone as you descend into darkness...

    Spoiler
    Show


    Reflex saves from everyone





    Last edited by razorback; 2012-06-30 at 11:25 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex:(1d20+1)[4]

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven tries not to fail.

    (1d20+4)[10]
    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Miaspar hopes that he will not fall in this critical moment of the battle.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[9]

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    As the sand and dirt collapse downwards, you can here the screams of men, hobgoblins, mules, and horses.
    As the group of you slide down, you realize that you were standing, albiet with dirt and sand in-between, on a large disc that was concave in the center.

    The disc falls about 20 feet and crashes into something solid in the dark, but all vision is obsured.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (2d6)[9] falling damage to all who failed a DC 14 check.
    HLG
    (1d20+5)[12](17)
    Teven
    (1d20+6)[1](7)
    HG3
    (1d20)[1](1)
    HG2
    (1d20)[6](6)
    HG1
    (1d20)[9](9)
    HGS
    (1d20+1)[4](5)
    H11
    (1d20)[9](9)
    H8
    (1d20)[10](10)
    H7
    (1d20)[1](1)
    H6
    (1d20)[14](14)
    H5
    (1d20)[3](3)
    H4
    (1d20)[7](7)
    H3
    (1d20)[10](10)
    BG5
    (1d20+1)[18](19)
    BG4
    (1d20+1)[17](18)
    BG3
    (1d20+1)[4](5)
    BG1
    (1d20+1)[2](3)
    GG2
    (1d20+1)[4](5)
    GG1
    (1d20+1)[12](13)
    WG4
    (1d20+1)[9](10)
    WG2
    (1d20+1)[8](9)






  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    (5d6)[19]

    Teven
    HG3
    H7


  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Upon hitting the ground, Karven is spread across it, prone. He picks himself up very slowly, obvious pain over his entire body, and slowly moves a hand up to his chest, where it glows slightly and he mumbles some words.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Light Wounds: (1d8+3)[10]


    Once he is more healthy, he gets up to his full height, which isn't all that much, and looks around, but was disappointed when he could see nothing. He sighed and created a baleful blast in his hand, but didn't fire it. It wouldn't be much light, but it should let them see where he is. "Is everyone okay? If anyone needs medical attention, come here."

    Spoiler
    Show
    I expect that the baleful gives less than 5 foot of brightness, but it's your call.
    Spoiler
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    As the dust begins to settle, a small light begins to appear from the hand of Karven. Everyone seems to be in a bad way.
    As the dust begins to settle, the human guards stand and rush the remaining hobgoblins.

    Spoiler
    Show

    BG5 vs HGS
    (1d20+4)[19](23)
    Crit Conf
    (1d20+4)[7](11)
    Damage
    (1d8+2)[4](6)

    BG4 vs HGS
    (1d20+4)[9](13)
    Crit Conf
    (1d20+4)[18](22)
    Damage
    (1d8+2)[4](6)

    BG1 vs HG2
    (1d20+4)[5](9)
    Crit Conf
    (1d20+4)[3](7)
    Damage
    (1d8+2)[3](5)

    GG2 vs H11
    (1d20+4)[15](19)
    Crit Conf
    (1d20+4)[17](21)
    Damage
    (1d8+2)[3](5)

    GG1 vs H6
    (1d20+4)[7](11)
    Crit Conf
    (1d20+4)[19](23)
    Damage
    (1d8+2)[1](3)




    He can here human voices in the dark yelling "What happened to Teven?!?" "I saw him fall into the darkness!" "Kill these dogs!"

    As you come to your senses, it looks like you landed on what looks to be a giant, stone palm. The finger like stone outcroppings that led you to this spot look to be, in fact, the fingers of a giant stone hand blasted by years of sand.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    As the human guards cut down the hobgoblins as they are rising, two beaten and battered hobgoblins stand, one with his scimitar in hand and the other drops it and yells out in a gutteral common "Surrender! Surrender! Me Surrender!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Maispar, Karven and Oloek are up in that order.

    Last edited by razorback; 2012-07-02 at 02:47 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Speech, free action.


    Karven hears and sees what everyone is doing, keeping the fight going, and shouts, "Stop fighting and understand that this is more important!" He continues in a lower voice, "We've fallen into something, and I don't think killing each other is the most important thing right now. If you really want to do that, wait until we get out of this alive. We need to instead work together, for now, since a larger group can fight better, just in case of a real problem."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+6)[16]
    Spoiler
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •