Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 218
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven enters the building and keeps an eye out for problems. He checks each room and follows up for each other building.
    Spoiler
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Maispar follows Kraven at the same pace as before.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    As the two explorers enter the building, the look around. The architecture is of an ancient design as is the furniture and accouterments. Anything that may have been of value has either long been taken, destroyed, or fallen to the ravages of time. As they move deeper into the building they begin to smell a musky scent like that of an animal. Not immediately overwhelming, as they move deeper in they can sense that whatever has made a lair here has done so for a long time. In the far back room, bits and pieces of clothing and animal hides are piled on the ground in a makeshift sleeping pad. Hairs like a cow litter the ground but it doesn't look like anyone is there.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven tries to find out how many people live here.
    Spoiler
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    As Karven digs deeper into the mess, he finds the bones of many small creatures along with bones of larger, humanoid creatures that look chewed and gnawed upon. Based on the size of the 'bed', he would guess that there is one large creature how makes this its home.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Maispar keeps his eyes peeled, and quietly wondersfor what purpose or test did his ancestors lead him to this place. They can be notoriously cryptic at times. Any idea what this place is?

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    After seeing the area, Karven replied, "The den of something big. Only one thing, luckily. If we can reason with it, or take it out, then we should be able to set up camp in these buildings and have someplace constant to come back to."

    Spoiler
    Show
    The italics is something said in a lower voice, like a whisper.
    Spoiler
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Maispar nods. "Let's go then." Maispar continues searching the area, looking for any sign of this creature.
    Last edited by VestigeArcanist; 2012-07-16 at 05:38 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven nodded and did the same, looking for the creature and where he or she might currently be, or any sign of it that might help.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+5)[14]
    Search: (1d20+4)[10]
    Spoiler
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek having now finished with looking through the rubbles comes join the other two people exploring the ruin, trying to make as little noise as possible.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    As Karven, Maispar, and Oloek maneuver about the cavern floor, they try to disturb the ground as little as possible.
    From the entrance to the building, they can see that the hoofed tracks seem to either begin or end with the building. There is a lot of traffic of said tracks that seems to go towards the northwest (A1) and east (following the line made by I12-I19).
    The remaining survivors begin to collect whatever they can salvage and start setting it up in an semi-organized pile (NE L3) along with moving the bodies of those who didn't make it (J1). One of the guards, realizing the sunrods won't last forever, takes the broken pieces of wagon and frayed cloth and begins to fashion torches using the pooled fluid from a cracked barrel (L6).


    Spoiler
    Show

    You can tell the some of the tracks are recent. You can't tell which direction was the last the creature went.
    Everyone roll either a Kn:Nature, Survival, or a wisdom check.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Wisdom: (1d20+1)[17]

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    All are +3 for me...
    Survival: (1d20+3)[21]
    Spoiler
    Show

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    All are +0 for me...

    (1d20)[3]

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    As the three of you circle around the tracks, Karven and Oloek seem to agree that the newest tracks lead from the building towards the east, maybe in the last day or so.

    While this is happening, some kind of dispute is going on between the hobgoblins and the humans, which seems to be becoming more heated by the moment.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek summons his mind blade before rushing to where the argument is. Before even reaching them he tries to shout loud enough so everyone hears him. "WHAT'S GOING ON OVER THERE... YOU BETTER NOT BE MAKING TROUBLE." Hoping that the hobgoblins are still scared of him now that they're free.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven facepalms at the yelling man. "Yes, let's shout and get the attention of enemies and allies." He walks back to the group, to see what's going on.
    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek looks at Kraven as he runs toward the hobgoblins. "Nothing that half a dozen carts crashing from 100 feet didn't already do. After that entrance, lets assume that our presence isn't really a secret."

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    "But they might have considered us dead already. Now, not so much."
    Spoiler
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    "Doubtful, we weren't really being quiet looking through debris for food. I'm fairly confident I've done no harm to our current situation that the carts didn't already do."

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven sighs. "Fine, then go off and go crazy."
    Spoiler
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming Karven and Maispar are still looking at the tracks for now


    Oloek rushes forward, intent on finding out what is going on between the rest of the survivors. As he runs up, he can see that the hobgoblins are standing over what looks to be their leader and one in robes. Their common was bad to begin with but, in their agitated state, they have reverted to goblin.

    Itzel walks up to him and says "I can't make it all out, 'cause he's talking to fast, but it sounds like they are mad because Rendal was desecrating the bodies or something."

    Looking over at Rendal, Oloek can see that he has what looks to be the beginning of a bruise starting to grow on his face.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Linguz View Post
    Karven facepalms at the yelling man. "Yes, let's shout and get the attention of enemies and allies." He walks back to the group, to see what's going on.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, Karven is back at the group.


    Karven goes closer to the hobgoblins, hands up to show he wasn't going to be violent. "Now hold on you two, no need to get angry. Calm down and talk in a language most of us can understand and I'm sure we can get to an agreement."

    Diplomacy: (1d20+6)[17]
    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek hangs back, letting Karven do the talking. Figuring they can do the good watchmen, bad watchmen routine if it comes down to it.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Maispar continues to follow the tracks, under the belief that whatever the hobgoblin is saying is most probably a waste of time. Besides, if he goes over there, he is going to send the annoying hobgoblins to their ancestors.

    He then thinks for a moment and asks to his companions, Do you think that what ever caused these tracks is vicious and humanoid eating? He doesn't sound scared, but matter-of-fact like, as if he were inquiring the eating habits of a pet goldfish or a Chihuahua.
    Last edited by VestigeArcanist; 2012-07-19 at 07:26 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    The more literate of the two hobgoblins steps up to Karven and says "Catman take things of Kvelk! Not right, not right!"
    While the goblinoid seems to have calmed down a bit, he is still agitated by Rendal while he keep nervously glancing over at Oloek and his glowing blade.

    One of the other guards yells out "Comeon, Rendal, give'm back his mates stuff. We don't need this messing turnin' into a worse dung heap, fool."
    It looks like a couple of others agree and seem to be the same group who want to give Teven a burial.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven looks at Rendal and shakes his head. "Didn't I say something about working together? That includes the dead. If we need something and a dead person has it, we might take the stuff, goblin or human." He says the last words looking between the goblins and the humans. "So just give back what you took, so that we can work together. Imagine the goblins as other humans, working with you. Humans that believe that a dead man should be buried with his items."

    Diplomacy: (1d20+6)[16]
    Spoiler
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Rendal smiles a fanged smile at Karven as he puts down a pouch and what looks to be a wand of some sort.
    "Just 'cause the lot of you were favorites of Teven doesn't carry any weight with me. He's dead and as far as can tell, he didn't leave anyone in charge. He also didn't pay us for the last leg, where he got us lost and almost killed." Pointing at the hobgoblins, he continues "These Tel'Amrin Suul Aliman didn't go raiding out of their land. Far as I'm concerned, as soon as we are free and clear, it's everyone for themselves and I do expect my cut from whatever I can scavenge from Teven's stuff."
    As he turns and walks off a bit, you can see that Aulex walks over to him and the two converse in low tones.

    With that, everyone settles down and the rest of the consumables that can be saved or brought into a make shift camp. Itzel complains about not having his pots and pans as he cooks a bit of the food that will last the least amount of time. The rest of the guard set themselves in a small perimeter and use the broken wagons as cover, half carrying longspears and the other half bows.
    The hobgoblins, once they are left alone, look to be saying prayers over their dead.
    After a few hours, the whole above you can be seen to begin to show with light, what you're assuming is the false down shining down. You being to realize that the air is still thick with dust from where the ceiling collapsed and that the walls of the cavern are made of a reddish hued sandstone and limestone.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven sighs, he doesn't look to happy with how it ended. Some people just don't know the situations that happen... He leaves the camp, going back to the tracks, and then follows the one that looks more recent, after going to get Oloek and seeing if he wants to come along.
    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek nods and says to the more sensible of the mens "Can you try and see if one of the carts is recoverable with a little bit of work? Else I guess everyone will have to do their share of the carrying. I don't fancy carrying that chest though." Oloek points at the chest potentially containing coins. "And judging from this last bit on conversation, leave the chest locked. We'll deal with it one we're all safe." And with that he follows Karven.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •