Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 218
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Maispar is still looking after these tracks when his compatriots join him. Not looking up, he makes conversation. "Anything that I want to know about?"

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek rejoins Maispar. "Nothing in the immediate. Probably mutiny down the road." and he shrugs his shoulder. "If we make it that far"
    Last edited by TheDon; 2012-07-22 at 03:12 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    "Hm." Maispar absentmindedly muses. He continues following the tracks. Somebody should take charge of the masses, I think.
    Last edited by VestigeArcanist; 2012-07-23 at 02:46 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek follows behind Maispar "I think the hobgoblins are scared of me and the men with a shred of common sense seem to be happy with either one of us, so that's fine, but I doubt the mutiner will follow orders. They already raised concerns about the fact that in the absence of Teven there is no appointed leaders. I'm thinking we'll have to oppose them as a united front and hope their attitude doesn't become infectious when rations become rarer." Oloek whispers the rest. "And I think the chest might be filled with gold coins, so if THAT gets opened, all bets are off. Bunch of fools are easily blinded by the color of gold."

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    The three of you, after dealing with the problems brewing at your makeshift camp, move back towards the dilapidated building. Keeping a wary eye out, you follow the tracks past a couple of more building in worse repair than the first. These two look to have been swallowed by the desert along time ago, with walls crumbling and roofs partially collapsed. As you move you can also see a passage to your right with buildings in about the level damage.
    The three of you notice that the path the creature has taken seems become a little harder to see as the sand and detritus on the ground seems to lessen. Here and there you can make out what look to be ancient remnants of a stone roadway.
    The path turns left past the second building and a sandstone outcropping and you notice that the length of the strides quickly lessens to what you are guessing may be from a running pace to a walking pace.
    Another building appears to be jutting out of the wall on your left and you see another sandstone outcropping on your right.
    It is here you pause to figure out your next move.
    Last edited by razorback; 2012-07-23 at 08:26 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek turns to his companions.

    "Well, this looks as close as an exit as I can see one, short of crawling back up the bloody hole. Should we go get the others before we go too far? I think they'll want to bury the deads before we move forward."

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven shakes his head and points forward, where the darkness doesn't let them see anything (and where the darkness on the map is blurred). "I see no wall in that direction. We could continue onwards, but we should make sure that the humans and goblins aren't going to go to war with each other while we're gone."
    Spoiler
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    "We have no clue how far this goes. It could be several days before we find an exit, if an exit even exist. How far do you want to go before including the rest? We do have the other alternative of using those old buildings as material to build some kind of ramp out of here. I'm not saying it's a great option, but it sure as hell beats starving to death, lost in a labyrinth of caves."
    Last edited by TheDon; 2012-07-23 at 11:15 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    "True... but something tells me there won't simply be an exit just like that. I still say we should carry on a bit further before turning back. If we find something of interest, our allies might be too distracted with that to slit each other's throat."
    Spoiler
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    I concur with Kraven. It does seem we are on the cusp of something here, and I surely doubt that any more trouble has happened in the two minutes which cannot be aptly resolved.

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    "Don't misunderstand me, I'm all for continuing, I just think informing the others of how long we're going to be gone might be prudent, how long is acceptable? an hour?"
    Last edited by TheDon; 2012-07-23 at 06:20 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    That sounds fair enough. We can follow these tracks for another 40 minutues, and hoof it back in 20.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek quickly jogs back to camp to inform the rest of the people about them leaving for an hour. He also informs them about the tracks and the possibility of an exit or at the very least water, since whatever made the tracks is able to live down here. Before he leaves, he tells them "Now would be a good time to start digging holes to bury the dead. I'll come and help as soon as I'm back. Try not to get into trouble." With that, Oloek gives the hobgoblin and the conspirators the evil eye.

    Oloek quickly jogs back to the others, ready to leave.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven welcomes back Oloek and waits for one of the other two to begin leading the way, not being a very good tracker himself.
    Last edited by Linguz; 2012-07-24 at 09:30 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Maispar continues onwards.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show





    You three continue to move forward, as planned. About 30 back from where you are currently on map, the ground has slowly become rocky and you are no longer certain of which way the tracks go. Based on the direction, it would seem as if the creature moved towards the building as opposed to the side building.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Maispar speaks. "Lets check out this building here." Maispar leads them around the building once over, and inside front the building, unless something interesting or unexpectant is seen.

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven follows the bird as he checks the places out, looking for himself.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+5)[9]
    Listen: (1d20+5)[21]
    Spoiler
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek follow behind the rest, looking for himself. He whispers "Should we knock?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+5)[20]
    Listen: (1d20+5)[14]

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven and Maispar only

    Spoiler
    Show

    As the three of you search the outside of the building, you can hear something moving about inside. A 'thunk-thunk' sound can be heard as the air becomes thick with a musky, animal smell the closer you get to the building.


    Oloek only
    Spoiler
    Show

    The air becomes thick with a musky, animal smell the closer you get to the building. When you guys are at the front of the building, you can see a wide set pair of glowing eyes as this comes into view~


    Last edited by razorback; 2012-07-26 at 07:36 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek moves closer to the others and gives them a sign to follow him a little further away from the building. He then whispers to them "I have no clue what this thing is, but I don't think it's a minotaur." Oloek then describes the creature to them as best as he can.
    Last edited by TheDon; 2012-07-26 at 03:07 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    As the three round the front of the building, Oloek sees a pair of glowing eyes the slowly come into focus. Something like a minotaur... except, instead of hands, there are multiple... tentacles extending out, wriggling. Where the bull face should be, with a snout, instead is a flat face with two stalks that flare out in unison with the horns. He describes this to the other two, noting that this creature is about 5 feet back from the doorway.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Map
    Spoiler
    Show




    The 'X' is the creature in question and it is a doorway, without doors, he is just behind.

    Initiative is
    Karven
    Maispar
    Oloek
    Creature


  23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven moves, to O8, and from there should be able to see the creature (right? If not, I'll edit my entire post). "I see it." He puts a hand up and the other one down, palm up and ready to create and launch an eldritch blast if there's any sign of aggression from the creature. "Do you understand me?"

    If it looks like it does:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Good, then we can talk this out, right? No need to get to fighting. Can you speak?"

    Diplomacy: (1d20+6)[14]


    If not:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I don't think he understands." He tries to get the creature to not attack, to see that they didn't have to fight.

    Diplomacy: (1d20+6)[25] (At a penalty, probably, if at all possible)


    Readied Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If the minotaur-thing tries to move towards us and looks aggressive, Karven will create and launch an eldritch blast. Until it does, there won't be a ball of energy.

    Attack: (1d20+4)[18] (Touch)
    Check: (1d20+4)[19] (Touch)
    Damage: (1d6)[2]
    Crit: (1d6)[5]
    Last edited by Linguz; 2012-07-27 at 11:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek sighs, wishing he'd given him a little time to get ready and casts force screen on himself.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If he has time, he will also cast vigor and ready an action to cast grease if he shows hostility.

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Maispar is ready for a fight to break out.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If this creature acts aggressively towards the party, Maispar is ready to cast Ray of Enfeeblement.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    The creature walks out and doesn't respond to what any of you are saying.
    It steps outside the door way, it's nose in the air as you can hear it sniffing for a few seconds. The creature seems to focus its attention on Karven and Oleok, seeming to complete disregard Maispar.

    Spoiler
    Show

    1 Karven 2 Oloek
    (1d2)[2](2)



    After a moment, a bit of saliva can be seen dripping from the creatures mouth. With that the creature lets out a roar and lowers it's head, beginning to charge Oloek.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Readied actions go.
    This is the creature in question

    Last edited by razorback; 2012-07-30 at 11:33 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek eye's flashes blue once again, the ground in front of him becoming covered with a slick substance.

    Spoiler
    Show
    If the creature falls, Oloek will say "Olé!"

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven will launch an attack at the creature.
    Spoiler
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Balance check
    (1d20)[8](8)

    The creature is in J/K-9/10 (large) prone.


    The creature, head down, rushes towards the flame-haired humanoid's eye flash and a sheen covers the ground in front of the beast. The beast, unable to see the ground change, slips on the substance and sprawls face down in front of the 3 wanderers.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Linguz, what kind of attack is Karven doing?
    Last edited by razorback; 2012-07-30 at 03:23 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Readied action
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ray of Enfeeblement

    Ranged Touch Attack: (1d20)[17]
    Strength Damage: (1d6)[4]

    Subject's score cannot drop below 1. If he is charging, he receives -2 to his AC, IIRC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •