Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 218
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    The creature, sprawled out in front of the three of you, begins to rise, as it screeches and mewls that reverberates through the cavern, either the sounds of a beast or some unknown language.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Seeing as I positioned you guys, I'm allowing a 5 foot step if you want to take attacks of opportunity as the creature rises.

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Maispar steps over and reaches out to hit the creature.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack (1d20+5)[15] (crits 18-20 x2)
    Crit Confirmation (1d20+5)[21]
    Damage (2d4+5)[10]

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven takes a five foot step away from the creature.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Eldritch Blasts can't be used to do an AoO, so he can't.
    Spoiler
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek steps forward and swings his blade made of pure will

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack : (1d20+2)[12]
    Confirmation : (1d20+2)[11]
    Damage : (1d6+1)[4]

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    As the creature begins to rise, Karven steps back from the creatures writhing mass of appendeges where it's hands should be.
    Maispar, blade whistling through the air, strikes the beast squarely as a big chunk of flesh goes flying, seeming to have a life of it's own as it hits the grounds and continues to move.
    Oloek, in turn, strikes at the creature and feels his blade strike deep.

    The creature, once standing, lashes out at Karven, it's limbs seeming to elongate as it strikes

    Spoiler
    Show

    Strike on (Even Oloek, odd Karven = Strike on Karven (1d2)[1](1))

    (1d20+6)[19](25)

    (1d4+5)[2](7)






    Last edited by razorback; 2012-08-02 at 02:59 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven, again, goes backwards, staggering on his way backwards from the tentacles.

    He conjures another ball of energy in his hand and throws it at the beast.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Health: 2/7
    AC: 16

    Attack: (1d20+4)[10] - Comment: I'm hoping this beast lacks a dex bonus.
    Check: (1d20+4)[14]
    Damage: (1d6)[6]
    Last edited by Linguz; 2012-08-02 at 04:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Maispar calls on the last of his magic reserves and casts a spell before advancing right onto the creature.

    Spellcraft DC 11
    Spoiler
    Show
    Doom: Will Save DC 14
    Save or be shaken for 1 minute (–2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks)

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek quickly attack the creature again
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack : (1d20+2)[7]
    Confirmation : (1d20+2)[19]
    Damage : (1d6+1)[4]

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Spoiler
    Show

    Will save DC14
    (1d20+4)[12](16)


  10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    The creature mewls and screeches, loud enough to make your ears hurt, as blast catches it in the chest, searing its hair.
    As Oloek lashes out, his blow goes wide as the creature lurches to its feet.
    As Maispar calls upon the power of his ancestors, the beast manages to shrug off the enchantment.

    The creature seems to sniff the air for a moment before it lashes out at Oloek with its tentacles.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Balance
    (1d20)[1](1)
    Attack
    (1d20+6)[2](8)
    Damage
    (1d4+5)[3](8)





    The creature, hauling its tentacled arm back, throws a wild haymaker the Oloek easily evades but sends the creature sprawling once more on the ground.
    Last edited by razorback; 2012-08-03 at 05:28 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven threw another bolt at the fallen creature, and then retreated another ten feet back.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Health: 2/7
    AC: 16

    Attack: (1d20+4)[10]
    Check: (1d20+4)[6]
    Damage: (1d6)[4]
    Spoiler
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Maispar raises his Falchion and strikes the creature as hard as he can.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+5)[9] (opponent recieves -4 AC to melee attacks)
    Crit confirmation (1d20+5)[17]
    Damage (2d4+5)[10]
    Last edited by VestigeArcanist; 2012-08-03 at 08:50 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek quickly thrust his sword, hoping to strike an opening while it's distabilized.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+2)[9]
    Confirmation: (1d20+2)[7]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[2]

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    As the creature rises, Maispar takes another swipe.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack (1d20+5)[24] (crits on 18-20, x2)
    Crit confirmation (1d20+5)[20]
    Damage (2d4+5)[9]
    Last edited by VestigeArcanist; 2012-08-06 at 02:07 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek quickly takes advantage of the creature getting up to strike it
    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack: (1d20+2)[18]
    Confirmation : (1d20+2)[7]
    Damage : (1d6+1)[5]

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    As the creature begins to rise, Maispars blade slices a wicked arc, leaving a gash in the beast from left shoulder to it's right hip, causing the beast to cry out in pain.
    A heartbeat later, Oloek lunges forward with his will made manifest, and the glowing blade sinks into the creatures abdomen and the creature cries out again.

    The creature steps back, trying to evade the blows

    Spoiler
    Show

    Balance check
    (1d20)[12](12)




    And succeeds in withthdrawing, moving of the slime and running down the cavern with a trail of bubbling, red-green blood dripping behind it. It continues to howl and mewl as it runs.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Roll intelligence or Kn:nature all 3 of you.
    Last edited by razorback; 2012-08-07 at 02:33 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Maispar knows that it is greatly weaken, and it is time to end this wretched creature's life. Maispar charges.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack: (1d20+7)[10] (Crit 18-20)
    Crit Confirmation: (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage: (2d4+5)[9]

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven loads up another blast of energy and gets it to accelerate towards the creature.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[18]
    Check: (1d20+4)[23]
    Damage: (1d6)[4] x2 if crit
    Last edited by Linguz; 2012-08-08 at 12:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek stops attacking and lets the creature run. "Don't kill it! Not now! It's no threat anymore and we can track it with it's blood. It knows the hideouts and resources of the area, it'll probably retreat close to a source of water!"

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven and Oloek only
    Spoiler
    Show

    You both get the impression that, somewhere between the cries of pain, that the creatures mewling and hooting is some form of communication you don't understand, possibly a language.


    As the creature tries to run away, Maispar rushes the beast but slips a bit the last moment on the ichorous blood, causing the blade to go wide.
    A moment later Karven takes aim and the eldritch blast lights up the cavern with its green blast, giving the cavern a sinister appearance, as the blast strikes the creature in the center of its back which nearly causes the creature to topple as it continues on.
    As the green flare is dying down Oloek pleads with his new companions to hold off slaying the creature.

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    "Normally, I would agree with you, but it seems to be calling for friends. Are you sure you want us to let it go?"
    Spoiler
    Show

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    "Hmmm, a good point. However, we can hopefully argue it was a simple misunderstanding and we were just defending ourselves..."

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    "Because the first listened so well?"
    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    This is no time for talking. Let us follow it.
    Maispar continues after the creature, deciding that if there is an infestation of these things nearby, it is better to find out sooner rather than later. Maispar strongly "encourages" the monster to keep running, by charging at him and punching him in the back.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+3)[5]
    Crit Confirmation: (1d20+3)[18]
    Damage: (1d3+3)[6] (non-lethal)


    Yell out if you see anything pop up nearby. I'll take care of this thing.

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven shook his head and pelted the beast with a blast of energy. "You want to fight more of them?!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[16]
    Check: (1d20+3)[19]
    Damage: (1d6)[3]
    Spoiler
    Show

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek sighs and shrugs, taking off after the creature himself. "Majority rules I guess."

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    As the three companions converse on how to deal with the creature, Maispar punches at the creature but misses the fleeing beast.
    Karven's blast hits the creature, narrowly missing Maispar in the process.

    As the creature runs towards the direction the three wanderers came from, light can be seen streaming from the corner ahead along with shouts and shadows as you can hear your fellow traveler's yell out "YOU GUYS ALRIGHT? WHAT WAS THAT SOUND?"
    The creature, hearing the voices and seeing the lights, disappears around the corner of the side tunnel.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Edit:just realized the picture shows the last spot you saw the creature but it was obvious that it kept moving.
    Last edited by razorback; 2012-08-13 at 08:37 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Oloek yells out "THE NEIGHBOURS!" and takes off at a dead run around the corner, trying not to lose it.

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Linguz's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UCF, Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Karven saw that it was going to get away at this rate and wished he had prepared Remove Fear. Since he hadn't, and letting it go was not something he was about to do, he moved to a clear line of sight and fired a ball of energy at it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+4)[9]
    Check: (1d20+4)[20]
    Damage: (1d6)[2]
    Spoiler
    Show

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: A Shadow Over Arvinon IC

    Having the prey escape would be the worse possible outcome, but Maispar is confident that he can keep up.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Charging
    Attack: (1d20+3)[19]
    Crit Confirmation: (1d20+3)[17]
    Damage: (1d3+3)[4] (non-lethal)
    Last edited by VestigeArcanist; 2012-08-13 at 04:57 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •