New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

A place to discuss OOC ideas about the MLP Friendship is was Magic RP.

FAQs

Spoiler
    Show
    Q: How dark is this RP?
    A: Somewhere below 'Happy Sunshine Fun Land' and above 'Hopeless'. Happy endings are the bulk of life, but the possibility always exists for a sad ending. Darkness also runs rampant across the world and is always lurking outside the safe walls of town.

Q: What is the tech level?
    A: I think the general consensus is 'Steampunk' right now. There may be occasional alien technology influence as well.

Q: What is the general policy on weapons?
    A: Equestria is an armed society right now. Every military member, including the common town guards, carries a potentially lethal weapon with them everywhere, even off duty. Even civilian ponies are commonly seen carrying weapons. However, it is standard practice to never draw your weapon unless you intend to use it. Drawing a weapon, for whatever reason, is considered a hostile act by most ponies.

Q: How dangerous is the town of Bridle Shores?
    A: Interesting question. The town has seen much more than its fair share of action and odd occurrences over the years since its founding, and no one can say why this is. Skirmishes with monsters at one or more town entrances happen almost daily, and certain loud noises are common enough that they no longer enough by themselves to induce a panic in any town resident. That said, the Town Guard and Militia are good at what they do, and few things are a high enough threat level to greatly disrupt life in the town for long. In D&D terms, this is a town where your neighbor is likely to have one or more levels in a PC class.

Q: How are threats classified?
    A: Threat Ranks (guidelines):

F-Rank - Helpless. No threat at all.
    E-Rank - Mild threat. Only about as dangerous as an average civilian.
    D-Rank - Competent combatant. Not something a pony could be expected to defeat without combat training.
    C-Rank - Dangerous combatant. Not something your average soldier could defeat reliably.
    B-Rank - Highly dangerous. Defeating something like this is what makes your average heroes. Super-Mook/Sub-Boss/Early Boss status.
    A-Rank - Extremely dangerous. 'You and what army?' is no longer a joke at this point. Big Sub-Boss/Late Boss status.
    A-Rank+ - Army Killers, unofficial ranking. No official is really willing to admit that such dangers even exist at all. End boss status.

Q: Where is the Roleplay thread?
    A: There's a link to it right below.

Q: Where can I post my character and find info on existing characters and backstory?
    A: There's a link to that below too.

The puns...shall last...FOREVER!
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

@Half Tangible: If you want to have the crew run into your psychiatrist pony sometime through some crazy coincidence of your own, be my guest. Otherwise, I think I've got a way they can just so happen to find out about her.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Apologies for not posting the whole morning. I had a write-off competition to attend to. I shall resume normal operations in a few hours.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Apologies for not posting the whole morning. I had a write-off competition to attend to. I shall resume normal operations in a few hours.
    No worries. You're allowed to have a life, I won't fine you...too much.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

A life? We don't allow those. Sir, I'mma afraid I'm going to have to confiscate that. *adjusts police hat*

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I think I need to take a small break from this RP. Generally, when I stop caring, it means a break is required, lest I stop caring entirely and decide to just quit. I don't want the latter to happen, but I'm feeling burnt out, and a break is about the only way I know to stop it, though that may not help.

So, yeah, other than one or two posts tonight or tomorrow, I probably won't be posting in this RP for a while.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    ...Leaving Taylor and Daniel to just stand there blinking.

"I'm guessing that was a 'no'."

"Right then. Keep on eye on whatever you were keeping an eye on. Z, give the hospice a visit. There are two of the scout things, to my knowledge. Me, I'm going strolling!"
    Whoops. I completely missed this bit. The crew will probably take him up on the offer, seeing how the groups are likely to bump into each other over the course of the investigation.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-06-18 at 09:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm think I'm in the same boat as Mystic/Soft here.

I have far too many commitments that is tasking my poor mind and I'm getting a little burnt out trying to juggle so many different characters. (My erratic posting patterns have may have suggested that.) With that in mind, I'm going to stop actively initiating interactions with some of the more minor characters I have. (Sorry, that means Shell Shock, Lemongrass and possibly Stormcloak is now out.)

I won't leave them hanging, but I will be doing my best to get them out of the picture for awhile. Even for my more major characters like Icy and Silverpine will be out of the picture if I can plausibly shift them to one side.

Sorry it came to this, but I have a few things to clear up.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now, see, I've got the opposite problem. I haven't got enough active characters to do much.

Sorry you're getting overwhelmed. I hope you'll be ready to come back soon.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Well this is all making me depressed despite the smiley that will follow the end of this sentence xD

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

No worries, Grif. Like I've said, you're allowed to have a life, and pushing yourself isn't really worth it. Hope things get a bit calmer soon.

If the guard higher-ups need interacting with, I'm sure one of us can take them in the meanwhile.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

More importantly, I'm seriously contemplating for the first time to retire the PCs I have introduced. It now comes to a point where I don't think I can maintain five active PCs all having lives of their own.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but I don't see any other option.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Well hey, it's not like anypony would argue if Stormcloak stepped down and then reclaimed his position later (dude is scary, fo' realz).

Shell I think has an IC out for you (he needs to recover from a concussion or whatever).

As for the other three...I don't know enough about them to offer suggestions, but I'd say you're good.

And as for RL, just sit back, relax, and don't worry! Be Pinkie!

Spoiler
    Show
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

HalfTangible: What was the name of your therapy/psychiatrist/whatever the plot demands pony? I can't quite recall her name.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    HalfTangible: What was the name of your therapy/psychiatrist/whatever the plot demands pony? I can't quite recall her name.
    Moon Blossom.

Trust her. She's the Doctor
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Moon Blossom.

Trust her. She's the Doctor
    ...seems legit to me!

She's also got an unruly crowd on her doorstep currently.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    ...seems legit to me!

She's also got an unruly crowd on her doorstep currently.
    the where who on the what now?

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

the where who on the what now?
    Apologies for not bolding her name or something eye-catching, but she's got a handful of Cirrus ponies (Sandy, Gearstride, Rainbow, and Silverpine) plus one (Daniel, bard-like pony of Kelvin's) ringing her doorbell. Sandy can't quite remember some of the details of his attack, and so they need somepony capable of rooting around in there and giving his memory a hand.

Clearly, this plan cannot fail.

EDIT: In other words, a bunch of ponies waiting on Moon Blossom here
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-06-19 at 08:34 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

That is close enough, thank you. She shut her eyes and leaned down, her horn glowing, and placed her horn against his forehead. This may sting. Moon Blossom's eyes suddenly shot open, glowing bright pink. Ember felt himself going through the memories again, but this time it was as clear as if it had happened half a minute ago.

Dang. She muttered.

As Ember continued to hug hold Lochbed from behind, he closed his eyes, only to for whatever reason be rushed with memories that were not his. It was admittedly a very creepy feeling as he hugged the kelpie tighter in reaction to where it might not be pleasant for her. Oh the power of mixed up names~

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    As Ember continued to hug hold Lochbed from behind, he closed his eyes, only to for whatever reason be rushed with memories that were not his. It was admittedly a very creepy feeling as he hugged the kelpie tighter in reaction to where it might not be pleasant for her. Oh the power of mixed up names~

Oh shut it

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

So, is there a gonna be a bit more until the dysfunctional heist group returns back to bridle Shores? As in a final post of their adventure, or are we to assume they just make it back?

I guess this is a question for Orzel to answer.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, is there a gonna be a bit more until the dysfunctional heist group returns back to bridle Shores? As in a final post of their adventure, or are we to assume they just make it back?

Well, I don't know, but I think we're pretty close to wrapping up there. Enough that I can reference it in Night Jewel's storyline, at least.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I guess I can write a short wrapup of the aftermath of the adventure.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

I am misliking this notion of dragging Shell Shock back to the shop and stealing his bits.

Don't make me regret playing along. You're coming very close to railroading my character to a direction to I don't particularly care for.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Hey Grif, would you be up for a small scene, of Fox visiting Icy? and probably stupidly at the dead of night. I wouldn't mind if it took several weeks-a month to complete it.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey Grif, would you be up for a small scene, of Fox visiting Icy? and probably stupidly at the dead of night. I wouldn't mind if it took several weeks-a month to complete it.
    Why not? You might want to uh... do it in the Misc Adventure thread though, to prevent us clogging up the main one.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I am misliking this notion of dragging Shell Shock back to the shop and stealing his bits.

Don't make me regret playing along. You're coming very close to railroading my character to a direction to I don't particularly care for.
    Well, when he regains conciousness, Blades could actually be convinced to release him relatively easily. She isn't exactly sane, and doesn't really understand why everypony's so mad at him right now.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Well, when he regains conciousness, Blades could actually be convinced to release him relatively easily. She isn't exactly sane, and doesn't really understand why everypony's so mad at him right now.
    Adding my own two bits to this, I don't exactly think the carriage ponies are (or should for that matter) going to take his money. From their perspective, a pony who isn't their boss just told them they can take the bits from an unconscious teammate?

Yeah, I would say no even if said unconscious pony wasn't chock full of things that go boom.

EDIT: Additionally, adding in a DM common sense roll, they're going to be dragging a bound, unconscious pony back into town. After coming back from a massive heist where they don't want to be noticed. And they have to pass the town guard on the way inside. It might be a better idea to have whatever chat they want to have right where they are, in the woods, out of sight.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-06-21 at 11:11 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, that wasn't well thought-out on my part. I changed my post, and letting Shell go is part of my plan anyways, Arv just wants to make sure he doesn't bolt before he talks to her.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Icy is really bad about keeping her house in a not-busted-up state.