New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default [Nexus] The Frescot House

Hidden deep within the forest near Watchtower, nestled beneath a rich grassy hillock, lies the home of the Frescot family. The first home anyone named Frescot has owned in generations. It is not typical for a fey to own such a grand mansion, and no expense has been spared for their comfort and security.

Carved into the base of the knoll is the main entrance, though it is certainly not the only exit in the event of an emergency. All along the soft soil of the mound, there are planted a great many flowers - some native to Earth, some to the Nexus, and still more to places unknown. This beautiful garden is maintained by the dryad Sakura Frescot, who can often be found tending to her plethora of plants.

Upon entering the house, one is greeted with three other doors - all connected to the house's central room, the foyer. It's structure largely consists of a dark, polished wood. It is sparsely decorated, merely meant as a way into other parts of the house. The portals on each side of the room are wide and round.

Ahead, the living room awaits. To the right, there lies the den, the only room adjacent to the foyer with another locked door to protect it. And to the left, the dining room, followed by the kitchen. In the center of the large foyer is a grand spiral staircase, which winds up into the Frescot bedrooms. Almost every floor is covered with a beautiful rug, patterned with ornately quilted trees. Practically every surface in the house is baby-proof - almost no sharp edges, hard corners, or potentially dangerous objects.

The living space is a broad and charming room. Due to the fact that Sakura was particularly involved with this portion of the house, it's colors are summery and intense. Pink and peach-orange abound. The far wall - opposite from the main entrance - is adorned with a huge television, seemingly set into the plaster. A surround-sound system and a tremendous stereo provide adequate media for the whole house. For seating space, there's a large, plush couch and an impressive pair of recliners. At the end of a long hallway in the corner there's another exit to the house, where a small deck and patio is set into the side of the hill, supported on tall wooden planks. More potted plants adorn the railings and interior living room. A set of stairs meanders down the side of the hill from the deck, opening into the backyard and, further on, deep forests. The deck is also favored with a small hot tub, powered by geothermal heat.

The kitchen and dining room are simple, and would have a rather medieval look were it not for the modern appliances. Dull, dark metal everywhere in the kitchen, with the occasional splash of color due to the resident dryad. The dining room is far removed from the relatively boring cooking space - high-backed, grand chairs, carved ornately with firey art. The table itself is etched along the sides with flowing grass carvings. On the outer edge of the room, a long, heavy window can open and close, providing a splendid view of the countryside below, as well as Mrs. Frescot's thriving garden. The main bathroom is also found here.

The den is an oddity compared to the rest of the house - deep browns, blues and greens, the colors of nature. It seems this space has been almost entirely reserved for Mr. Frescot's belongings. His weapons take up almost an entire wall, with only the smallest windows to allow daylight. Adir's desk is set against the same wall, usually set up with a computer and a small amount of paperwork pertaining to Watchtower reports, Nexus news, or bills for the house. In the center of the room is a long arm-couch, a place for Adir and Sakura to lounge. The latter may not enjoy the fireplace that's set into the wall in front of the couch, however. A second television is also hung there. The room's inner wall is adorned with trophies from Adir's many years of hunting - some tremendous skulls or horns, others merely teeth or the buds of huge plants.

From the den, one can enter two different rooms: the vault and the garage. The vault is a hidden space, behind Adir's trophy-wall. It serves as a place to keep the Frescot fortune. the garage is a dirty concrete space, filled by Adir's truck, suit of power armor, and workbench.

Upstairs is an octagonal second foyer, with four rooms in total. Two are merely empty bedrooms, meant for future children. One is Laela's nursery, with all your standard baby girl essentials, complete with pink walls, a small pile of toys, and a tiny crib. The last is the master bedroom - a huge and lavish affair. One shared dresser, a tremendous bed with silky-white sheets, and a bathroom with a tub that's twice the average size. Plants, both fake and real, adorn their living quarters, along with a set of very-alive vines that crawl along the walls. They don't seem to require a source of food or nutrients, and continue to curl around the room at a steady pace. Flowers bloom along these vines, leaving no mess of wilted petals or new seeds. It is clearly magically engineered.

Floor Plan

Spoiler
    Show

Rules/Notes (OOC):

Spoiler
    Show
    -Godmodding is, per your usual Nexus thread, forbidden.

-Destruction of the house without consulting Gulaghar or I is forbidden. In the event of PLOT, it is possible, but please PM one of us first.

-The thread is experimental. If it is abandoned after a little while, so be it. For whom it may concern, the property will be moved into the domain of the Home thread should this occur.

Current Occupants (subject to change)

Spoiler
    Show
    Adir Frescot, wildfae
    Sakura Frescot, Dryad
    Laela Frescot, faechild
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-27 at 02:35 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Frescot House

As Adir pulls the truck out in front of the house, Sakura gets out as quickly as she can so she can marvel at their new home. "Wow, it's beautiful." She waits for Adir to get Laela impatiently. She wants to see the inside as soon as possible.

3. - Top - End - #3

"Don't go running off! It's a big house," Adir says, unloading the baby and simply balancing her in the crook of one arm. He doesn't feel like strapping on that silly baby harness. The stag wiggles his fingers in front of Laela's face for a moment, then hops out of the truck to join Sakura. "C'mon, lets go check it out. I already had the new furniture moved in. We just need to get our stuff from Watch."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Laela excitedly babbles nonsense at Adir as he scoops her up. Sakura turns to grin at them bother before trying to grab Adir's free hand and lead the way inside.

When they do step inside, the dryad pauses at the door. "This is so amazing. Where should we look first?"

5. - Top - End - #5

"Living room. Definitely," Adir is lead inside. They've both seen parts of the house, but neither has seen the final product. "I think we're gonna have to tip them or something. This is good work for under a week."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura has no idea how fast these things usually go, but it certainly looks like they worked fast to her. "I know. I should've expected they'd do such a good job, but wow."

7. - Top - End - #7

The three of them make their way through the empty house, Adir admiring the house with a foolish grin. The young buck sets Laela down in one of the recliners, taking their new camera from his pocket so he can take a picture.

"Gods, this place looks great!" The stag says, lowering the camera. Adir is starting to sound like a kid, eager to look at everything he can in as short a time as possible. "C'mon, lets check outside!" He snatches up Laela and hurries off down the hall. He holds her up with two hands and makes a wooshing noise, as if she were flying.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Laela laughs gleefully, a grin as wide as ever stretched across her face. =D

Sakura moves quickly to follow them out, not wanting to miss a thing. She wishes she had the camera to take a picture of them. Oh well. "I'm so glad they found a good place by the woods." Sakura likes her trees.

9. - Top - End - #9

Sakura could always ask for it! Adir said it's hers, after all. Of course, the stag wants to take as many pictures of Laela as he can, so wresting it from his new father's hands might be a difficult feat. He 'wooshes' the child over to their new hot-tub, making a motorish noise with his lips.

"Nice little clearing for a backyard, too. Sarget can plant himself riiiight there..." He gestures vaguely toward the center of the yard below. "Wonder if he ever gets bored. Well, he won't now. Plenty of friends to keep him company."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura does in fact try and slip the camera away from him while he's occupied with their giggling child. She'll proceed to snap a few pictures of the two of them.

"Hehe, yeah. I wonder when he'll get here." A walking tree moves a lot slower than a truck after all. The dryad looks up the hill, toward the balcony connected to their room. "Wanna see our rooms next? I don't think I saw it anywhere near finished."

11. - Top - End - #11

She slips it from his pocket without the Stag noticing. He is indeed preoccupied - he's been occupied with Laela for days. It hasn't been a chore to make him take care of her - the stag's been with their child nearly every hour of the day.

When little Laela's been awake, of course. Even when Adir's been sleeping, he's gotten up each and every time the baby woke up crying. Sakura's probably gotten some of the best sleep she's had in a long time.

"Yes! Our rooms. I think the bed's already here, but we're gonna need to get Laela's crib out've the car." Adir says with a grin, holding up the aforementioned child for the camera. He looks excited beyond belief.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Except when Laela needs feeding. That's Sakura's department. She's been glad to let him handle the diaper changes, though.

Sakura moves behind him and places her hands on his back. "Let's go!" She gives him a little push to get him going. The crib can be grabbed later. Sakura's too eager to see the rest of the house.

((I think the floorplan needs spoilering. It's stretching my netbook screen.))

13. - Top - End - #13

Ah yes, Adir's favorite part about taking care of Laela. You'd think it would detract from the cute factor, but he doesn't really seem to mind much besides the smell.

Adir is shoved, laughing all the way, and he practically hops over to the spiral staircase. He hurries upstairs with Laela balanced in his arms, bounding through the house with wild abandon. Emerging upstairs, he has a quick look around. The stag peeks into each room before deciding on the master. "I was worried they wouldn't make the rooms as big as I wanted," He says, glancing behind him. "I feel silly, now."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

"What are we even going to do with all this space?" Sakura laughs. She peeks into the master bedroom one more time. "We sure have a big bed. That'll be fun." She says suggestively.

15. - Top - End - #15

"A big bed and two extra rooms?" Adir attempts to wrap one arm around Sakura's waist, nimbly pulling her against his side. "I think Laela's about to get a few new siblings." He attempts to give both dryads a kiss on the forehead.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura giggles and goes up on her tip toes to give him a proper kiss on he lips, lingering a bit. Laela just sticks her thumb in her mouth and peers up at her parents. "I think we can fit a couple in each room." The dryad teases.

17. - Top - End - #17

"Mm, we better get busy then," Adir says with a grin, leaning down once more to peck her on the lips before turning to Laela with that implacable grin. "What do you think?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Laela stares at Adir for a moment before removing her thumb from her mouth. "Ah ba ba." She reachs toward him with her slobbery hand.

"I think she thinks it's a great plan." Sakura nods.

19. - Top - End - #19

"What?! Babies aren't supposed to know what 'get busy' means," Adir says with a grin, releasing Sakura so he can play with Laela's gooey little hand. He looks between them, grinning at Sakura 'accusingly'. "What's she been telling you?"

He puts his ear closer to Laela, nodding woefully as if the baby's whispering something.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Laela may not know what's going on, but there's one thing she does know. The little fey tries to bite down on Adir's ear. It's a good thing she doesn't have any teeth.

Sakura gives Adir a playful prod in the ribs. "You're ridiculous, you know that?" When she spots what Laela's up to she laughs out loud.

21. - Top - End - #21

Adir laughs as Laela gums his ear, straightening and holding the child up so she might continue to do so. He flaps his free ear at Sakura, raising his brows. "Me? Ridiculous?" His ear in Laela's mouth waggles a little. "What makes you say that?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Laela looses the ear for a moment, but soon grabs it again. Ear gnawing continues.

"Just a feeling I get." The dryad says with a giggle. "Should we get some of our other stuff? Laela might need a nap soon."

23. - Top - End - #23

"Uh, yeah! Sure. Can you hold her for a second? I'll get the crib," The stag hands Laela off, hoping she doesn't get upset about losing her new favorite ear. He hurries off downstairs, retrieving their crib. Once he gets the pieces into her nursery, however, he seems to be having some trouble putting it together.

Adir's never done this before, after all.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura grabs the baby. Laela gets fussy for a moment before she grabs a handful of flowers to stick in her mouth. The dryad laughs a little when he returns and is having trouble with the crib. "Having trouble? Put that piece there." Sakura points out the appropriate pieces.

25. - Top - End - #25

"Well that's just sad," Adir says, putting the piece in the appropriate spot. He'd had trouble fitting one of the cribs 'walls', but now sees to have gotten the idea. With a little more advice, he should be able to put Laela's bed together, mattress and all.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

"There, that wasn't so hard." Sakura teases after guiding him through the rest of it. "I watched Harnel help me put it up the first time." She explains as she places Laela in the crib.

27. - Top - End - #27

"Gods, if Harnel wasn't married, I might be jealous," Adir says, probably joking, sighing as he straightens. He smiles again when he reaches toward Laela, trying to take one of her hands in his.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura giggles and leans on Adir. She looks down at their baby, a wide smile on her face. Laela grabs hold of his hand and kicks her feet a little. "Everything's so perfect." Sakura says. She loops her arm in Adir's.

29. - Top - End - #29

"Yeah. It is. Y'know, we got to find a way to thank Libra, someday," Adir says, trying to slip his fingers between Sakura's. He grins. "Without her, we wouldn't have any of this. Or not nearly as much, anyway." His free hand moves to cradle Laela's head, brushing his fingers through the budding flowers.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, we do." Sakura agrees, even if it's not the important stuff they have because of Libra. She remebers the promise to show Laela to Libra when she was born. Hm, might have to talk to Cessie about that.

Laela grins up at Adir, but then yawns adorably a moment later. Sakura leans forward to kiss her on the forehead. "Goodnight Laela." She says softly.