New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

Purity, Zaros is waiting on Jewel's answer regarding Taylor and Daniel before Stellar takes Arvadraa/Horne to see Blades.

And that's how to use way too many names in a sentence.

Also, as a follow-up to this (be warned, this is somewhat wordy):

Taylor:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Taylor is essentially the ponified version of my original original character. This was way back before my experiences with FiM (or anything, really), but I already had an interest in world-building and writing, so I tried my hand at a personal self-insert thingamabob and this is where it went.

Taylor's personality is basically what happens to mine if you heap on confidence, superpowers, and +5 Oil of Charm (results may vary). Originally he was going to be a generic monster-of-the-week-slayer guy, but to my surprise his personality evolved significantly over time. Of course, I had to devise actual plot points and a purpose, but no one gets boosts by just standing around.

He had the occasional friend and constant powerful mentor figure to bounce off of, but I got bored quickly with not having a large inner circle with which to further develop him, so I took a gamble that could either turn him into something totally different or give him better characterization; I gave him a team. In actuality, both happened, but not in the ways I expected. In hindsight, the way I went about it had a lot to do with it. Having a sidekick (who has repeatedly taken her red shirt and shoved it down some evil's throat) even more snarky than he was gave me opportunities to both hone my wit (I can't even begin to tell you how many conversations ended up as jibefests) and give him something to works towards. With a companion and the start of something greater, I felt like I could deliberately mold him past the generic and into the unique.

Even at the beginning I had a vague idea of his mission; ridiculously complex explanations aside, he was basically Dr. Who, sans-TARDIS, who goes across space rather than time. As his team got bigger though, I felt more comfortable giving him greater threats (with the everlooming plans of his main nemesis, who just would not die). This was both a blessing and a curse, because I'm an inexplicable fan of 'kill 'em all' when numbers run too high, and Big Bads gave me those opportunities. He's been actually killed more than once, and if I hadn't made that call to give him a team, well...there'd be a lot more dues ex machina's around.

His actual personality is sketchy on the law/chaos axis. He's very VERY firmly on the 'good' end of the scale, but he swaps alarmingly often between 'these are the rules, we have to obey them...but so do they' and 'the rules can take a hike, my moral code overrules'. On an average day, I'd set him at Neutral Good, for lack of a better description. Unless he's angry/you've just killed one of his loved ones. Then he slides straight into Chaotic Evil and keeps running. He's got a history of doing absolutely horrible things to his enemies, though he keeps that sort of stuff reserved for those who go after him deliberately and through others. And of those, only those who really really deserve 'And I Must Scream' actually get it.

His team has gone through a mind-numbing amount of people and incarnations over the years, and all of my current characters (besides Arvadraa and Horne) have belonged to it at some point. Their timespans, origins and such will be described on their respective pages if I ever get there. Though I will note that the current assemblage has never been together at this time (yes, they've been to Equestria before) or as these exact people.

Anyways, thanks for reading my long-winded reminisce on the history of Mr. Sunshine.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

2. - Top - End - #422
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was actually waiting for Luka, but I guess I could progress the scene myself.

That's quite a lot of background, especially compared to my characters. I'm too tired to give other comments right now, though.
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-08-30 at 02:58 AM.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

To quote the time-honored maxim of the Cirrus...

"Buck it! We're doin' it live!"

This is a bit of a retcon, but it's important to know: Who has Silverpine's communicator? Is it hidden on his person, turned on, or dose Stacatta have it?
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    To quote the time-honored maxim of the Cirrus...

"Buck it! We're doin' it live!"

This is a bit of a retcon, but it's important to know: Who has Silverpine's communicator? Is it hidden on his person, turned on, or dose Stacatta have it?
    On his person, unless somepony else would like to change it.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

Oh shenanigans *rubs palms together* I wonder how the communicator thing will resolve itself....

--------

Unrelated, but, HalfTangible, Grif, can one of you please post in the Misc. Forbidding Adventures thread?

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Oh shenanigans *rubs palms together* I wonder how the communicator thing will resolve itself....

--------

Unrelated, but, HalfTangible, Grif, can one of you please post in the Misc. Forbidding Adventures thread?
    I'm actually waiting on HalfTangible before proceeding.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

I honestly CANNOT muster the energy to care about any of my characters or their shenanigans anymore when we're done with this arc, i'm pulling out. Might kill of LS to be sure.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Hahahaha, oh gosh I'm going to regret this idea sooooooo much later. D:

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

So ya know Orzel, Gear, the two ally vamponies, and Silverpine, Sandy and Staccata are not quite close enough that they could all be seen one view. Just thought I mentioned that. There's lots of factors in the way, like other taller buildings in the way...and great distances.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-08-31 at 06:29 AM.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

So ya know Orzel, Gear, the two ally vamponies, and Silverpine, Sandy and Staccata are not quite close enough that they could all be seen one view. Just thought I mentioned that. There's lots of factors in the way, like other taller buildings in the way...and great distances.
    I think the pair of ponies is Sandy + Vampony, not Miss M + Zephyr.

Also, I'll be heading out tomorrow morning on an overnight trip to Hiroshima, so I'll have minimal computer access until Sunday (my time) evening. I might be able to get in a post tomorrow night, but no promises.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

I think the pair of ponies is Sandy + Vampony, not Miss M + Zephyr.
    If that's the case, disregard my herpy herp derpness.

Also, I'll be heading out tomorrow morning on an overnight trip to Hiroshima, so I'll have minimal computer access until Sunday (my time) evening. I might be able to get in a post tomorrow night, but no promises.
    Oooh, how fun, whelp, its alright, we can wait, we'll just discuss noble elements like Neon. ;D

I do like the name Neon, but as a pony's name, I'm still warming up to it for a last name.

Neon Flashstep
    Neon Thunderclap
    Neon Boltstrike
    Neon Herpderp

12. - Top - End - #432
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hey Kelvin, can Luka actually follow them?, he would still be carrying Mile unconcious by hyperventilation , maybe for possible plot potential.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #433

Alright Cirrus Ponies:

After this vampony business is done with, I would like to finally do Hover and Blaze's wedding.
    It's something I've been wanting to do for quite a long time now.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Hey Kelvin, can Luka actually follow them?, he would still be carrying Mile unconcious by hyperventilation , maybe for possible plot potential.
    He doesn't know what he's getting into beforehand and it's up to him, so yeah.

Alright Cirrus Ponies:

After this vampony business is done with, I would like to finally do Hover and Blaze's wedding.
    Hm. This raises an interesting set of questions, actually. How are marriages even done in the ponyverse?
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    Hm. This raises an interesting set of questions, actually. How are marriages even done in the ponyverse?

Same way like with hoomans, as shown in a Canterlot Wedding Part 1 and 2. Captain Gearstride will wed them, in her most Gearstrid-y way possible.

"Now you may have HPK with the bride."
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-08-31 at 04:18 PM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I honestly CANNOT muster the energy to care about any of my characters or their shenanigans anymore when we're done with this arc, i'm pulling out. Might kill of LS to be sure.
    Didn't comment on this earlier, due to work, but I am sorry to see you go. I do think you play a certain archetype of character pretty well.

Same way like with hoomans, as shown in a Canterlot Wedding Part 1 and 2. Captain Gearstride will wed them, in her most Gearstrid-y way possible.

"Now you may have HPK with the bride."
    Captain, the last time we did that (wedding), we managed to burn a whole village down.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Captain, the last time we did that (wedding), we managed to burn a whole village down.

"Well, if you lot didn't stop me from putting the pheromones in the punch....and a pair of tiki torches by the alter, than maybe it wouldn't have happened, its clearlt your lot's fault for not stopping me."

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, if you lot didn't stop me from putting the pheromones in the punch....and a pair of tiki torches by the alter, than maybe it wouldn't have happened, its clearlt your lot's fault for not stopping me."
    Dubious stare. Captain, we agreed on the tiki torches. Not the pheromones. Where the heck did you managed to get those anyway?

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Dubious stare. Captain, we agreed on the tiki torches. Not the pheromones. Where the heck did you managed to get those anyway?

"Mail order catalog of course."
    Shifty eyes. "Whatever you do, don't look in the second storage room in the armory. There is no secret lab there."

(pokes ya for bits and credit ;D)
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-09-01 at 04:36 AM.

20. - Top - End - #440

Wait wait wait...
    It's been a vampony Pegasus this entire time that made the lightning storm?
    Why didn't anypony tell me when I asked why the lightning storm was happening?
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Wait wait wait...
    It's been a vampony Pegasus this entire time that made the lightning storm?
    Why didn't anypony tell me when I asked why the lightning storm was happening?

because in game the other ponies don't know either.

22. - Top - End - #442

Yes but this is the OOC thread, not the IC thread
    Also, Blaze, who's father was a weather Pegasus for his entire life, would probably be able to recongize when a lightning storm is natural or Pegasus made.
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

Then maybe he should make that comment, inform the others. Its not like *that* much time has passed. Its not that difficult to tell that its not naturally made anyway, because really, a lightening storm situated purely above the Cirrus and nowhere else, right.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I'd wait until after the arc before making a final decision. I know I have times where I lose all my motivation for this RP, only to have it spring back once something interesting starts happening. Who knows? Maybe the Misc Adventure thing, maybe Hay Bale getting some actual work to do, something might spark your interest again. But if it doesn't, it was great having you here. You've got such a great style of crazy going with all your characters, it'll be sad to see them gone.

I mean, seriously. You punched out an eldritch abomination by singing until your hooves turned into lightning. I can try to make up stuff like that, but it just wouldn't be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Alright Cirrus Ponies:

Sure, sure. 'Twill be a nice breather from the actiony stuff.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-01 at 08:13 AM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

I'd wait until after the arc before making a final decision. I know I have times where I lose all my motivation for this RP, only to have it spring back once something interesting starts happening. Who knows? Maybe the Misc Adventure thing, maybe Hay Bale getting some actual work to do, something might spark your interest again. But if it doesn't, it was great having you here. You've got such a great style of crazy going with all your characters, it'll be sad to see them gone.

Right, that was actually going to be a thing, since it is Balboa hosting this charity gala-ball.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, seriously. You punched out an eldritch abomination by singing until your hooves turned into lightning. I can try to make up stuff like that, but it just wouldn't be the same.
    Maybe, but i doubt it. If my interest gets sparked again, I'll stay, but at the moment i sincerely do not care about any of this anymore.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #447
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by grif
    (We can skip ahead to the gala itself methink, and wing things along the way. )
    No, not really. There are some things to be done first, some scenes for me to type out, and a possibly crazy train ride to deal with first. Going for winging it, won't do just yet.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

No, not really. There are some things to be done first, some scenes for me to type out, and a possibly crazy train ride to deal with first. Going for winging it, won't do just yet.
    Ah okay. Proceed.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

Though, if you want two want to, we can skip ahead of this scene to them preparing to board the train. There's plenty of time *is lying* for them to create a good "guideline" in which to assist them, because frankly, plans are made with half actual planning and half winging it.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

Though, if you want two want to, we can skip ahead of this scene to them preparing to board the train. There's plenty of time *is lying* for them to create a good "guideline" in which to assist them, because frankly, plans are made with half actual planning and half winging it.
    Not if you're the A-Team.

"I love it when a plan comes together."

"You never had a plan before, Lemongrass. Your 'plans' usually consists of whacking the other guy till he's knocked out. Or some cheap way to earn bits.

"Aw, c'mon. Let me take the credit for once."
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-09-02 at 06:43 AM.