New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

Now the Cirrus, they are the Wingers. As a matter of fact, they pride themselves in their winged 'plans'.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Now a crossroads. Do I make Juribean a bit stronger and let her continue a 7 on 1 fight or do I make her realistic and escape.

Hmmm..
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

3. - Top - End - #453
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Now a crossroads. Do I make Juribean a bit stronger and let her continue a 7 on 1 fight or do I make her realistic and escape.

Hmmm..
    Use the general case for the specific 'Law of Conservation of Ninjitsu' where outnumbered forces always become stronger.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Purity, we need Jewel to say something snarky.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes, sorry about that. I've been a bit bogged down with other stuff, and my internet was out for a good while. I'll get right to it.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

So...did those two vampires just kinda mosey away from the Cirrus? I mean, that was kind of the whole point of 'KILL IT WITH FIRE', but what about the pegasus?

...Constlarn it, you're gonna spring her on Danny when I least expect it, aren't you?
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

And while this happens, more ponies are getting killed and 'napped, talking is not a free action. Time does not stop for monologues
    Can you be a bit lenient in the final death toll? This is really something that should've been outright said at the start of these shenanigans. Yes, I know it was implied and all, but still, that's a core assumption you're changing there.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-07 at 04:07 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

I can be lenient.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    I can be lenient.
    Oh, okay, that's good to hearwaitaponyflippin'minute!

I can be lenient.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

^ I plead the fifth
    ----------

Also, tralalala *whistles innocently* Justa~ a waiting in the forbiddon adventures thread for whoever's next, tralalala~~

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I'm going to dispel the fireball in a funny way guys. If anyone disagrees, I retcon it.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    I'm going to dispel the fireball in a funny way guys. If anyone disagrees, I retcon it.
    Maybe, especially if it involves a pegasi using blatant magic. The fireball was more of a flashy thing, its a given no one's going to get hurt, PCs at least, 'plot armor' and all. Like a big flashy warning shot.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Dwarf in the Playground

Say, what time is it and when will the next day come? Did somepony cause an imperishable night?
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

Its maybe 10 pm-12 pm and Luna drank the crazy juice and declared that the night will last forever.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

I assumed it was late in the evening since as far as I know the schedule's been like this:

Yesterday - Investigation of club in the late afternoon or early evening

Today - Daniel/Taylor go to Cirrus in morning, stick around for a hunt. Lots of others go to town later that night (it would have to be night time for M and Zephyr to get there), leaving Rainbow, Blaze, Daniel and Taylor to guard.

'Fire'fight starts some time later while shenanigans go down in town and based on the amount of posts since everyone left the Cirrus I imagine it's been a few hours with the sneaking and fighting and now the tower.

Assuming Equestria is also in late summer/early autumn, the sun would need to be all the way down by the time Z/M got to the ship, so around...maybe 8 PM? I'd say around 2-4 hours have passed since then, maybe, so it's probably close to Midnight now.

Although, since the investigators are now in a different area (which getting to might have taken a while as well), I'd feel safe with activating the new day for Bridle Shores in 4 hours game-time. So...maybe later tonight?

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

[QUOTE=Kelvin360;13863932]
    Although, since the investigators are now in a different area (which getting to might have taken a while as well)/QUOTE]

Well, not really. They traveled on the backs or were carried by vamponies who probably got there in under seven minutes. And its being mention in a scattering of posts that by normal means, walking to the lake takes less than thirty minutes and the tower is not too far from the lake.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

*pokes whoever is "next" in regards to the vampony hunting group*

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Grif: You missed something that Gear said to Silverpine a post or two ago.

"Weren't you glamoured and walking south not too long ago too?" Gearstride told Silverpine, eying from the corner of her eyes Sandy and Staccata off to keep their prisoner in check. "And wasn't south in the crypt where we encountered that minion?"
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-11 at 12:24 AM.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Indeed, a gift like that by the "ST" shouldn't be neglected

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Describing Ninjutsu is awkward so I'm knocking her out. That can't be good for the baby.
    Enjoy your dead weight.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I can safely call Zaros' ponyday over, barring Luka sticking around for assassin shenanigans.

Stellar/Horne's day is also pretty safely over, even though sleep won't happen for a while. The project will definitely take longer than a night (which, speaking of, are there any clauses on unique weapon creation?).

As for Daniel and Taylor, I'm still wondering how resolved the Cirrus' situation is. Are they still under attack? Is the fire the only thing left there to resolve? Does Daniel have even a tiny peice of brain dedicated to forward thinking?

Okay, that last one's obvious, but you get my point.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    I think I can safely call Zaros' ponyday over, barring Luka sticking around for assassin shenanigans.
    Ehh, they're supposed to be the next day anyways , thinking about making them happen at the Southern gate if no one has a problem (including Grif since it's Luka and Snowflake's shenanigan spot too ) and adding a Mauve shirt, like, a new green guard or something, her fate could depend on participant's actions. So who wants to participate in it?

....Ugh, Sorry I forgot about the two asleep in the clinic (Idle Chat and Flameshield), if you want, they can wake up, possibly like if they were in a pretty long dream nightmare if you want, and the barrel stabs would be abnormaly easy to heal, not even leaving scarring or something, like nothing happened
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-09-11 at 06:26 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    As for Daniel and Taylor, I'm still wondering how resolved the Cirrus' situation is. Are they still under attack? Is the fire the only thing left there to resolve? Does Daniel have even a tiny peice of brain dedicated to forward thinking?

Okay, that last one's obvious, but you get my point.
    The Cirrus's situation is, not so resolved, as far as they know, they're still under attack, and of course the fire still happening. I planned to have the vampony couple, in their hasty retreat, accidentally expose themselves right in the open, for the crew do react however they will.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Ehh, they're supposed to be the next day anyways , thinking about making them happen at the Southern gate if no one has a problem (including Grif since it's Luka and Snowflake's shenanigan spot too ) and adding a Mauve shirt, like, a new green guard or something, her fate could depend on participant's actions. So who wants to participate in it?

....Ugh, Sorry I forgot about the two asleep in the clinic (Idle Chat and Flameshield), if you want, they can wake up, possibly like if they were in a pretty long dream nightmare if you want, and the barrel stabs would be abnormaly easy to heal, not even leaving scarring or something, like nothing happened
    As always, I'll add the caveat that my mere presence will slow down the thread, since I may not be available. That said, I'll be happy to start reintroducing some of my neglected characters. (Snowflake, Tyrol, Lemongrass et al)
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-09-12 at 07:25 AM.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post

I could have Idle Chat and Silent Snow be "reactivated" frankly, it was probably best that during the current day & night with the vampy stuff that they were out cold, saved them from having to be fodder xD

For the curious, here are Idle Chat and Silent Snow, made them some time ago in the hubworld ponymaker, I figure why not put them up. *shrug*...though there is an error with Idle Chat, he's not a unicorn, but an earth pony, ah well.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

Interesting. So we're going with the theory that Bridle Shores have a dual police/guard structure?

Hmm, okay, let me just work out the relationship between the two.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

Yea, guard is more soldier/ military blah, while the police force is more local law enforcement, not as well trained like the "guard" more on the bureaucracy-stuck side of things with more restrictions than the military here had. Its kinda like the baby brother to the tougher soldier-guard xD

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

Yea, guard is more soldier/ military blah, while the police force is more local law enforcement, not as well trained like the "guard" more on the bureaucracy-stuck side of things with more restrictions than the military here had. Its kinda like the baby brother to the tougher soldier-guard xD
    So, just working out the hierarchies for each of the respective forces, so that we might have a working base to plan on. Also, some history which I had thought about for quite some time.

For the guard, here's something to chew on:
    Formal name: Bridle Shores Town Guard
    Base: Bridle Shores Guardhouse.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Taken directly from Crisis21's original description, though we might have strayed from it over the course of the RP. Nevertheless we should try to stick to it the best we can.)
    'House' might be something of a misnomer as the structure is the largest in the town, even larger than the Town Hall, taking up an entire town block by itself. Inside is a series of offices, training rooms, barracks, and holding cells.

The holding cells, known as the Lock-Up, are not a formal prison and not meant to hold anypony long term. They do serve well enough for holding various ponies in the short term until they are either released or transferred somewhere more permanent. There are only two dozen holding cells in the guardhouse and are each only meant for one pony, though they can hold two if necessary. The interrogation rooms are kept here as well.

The barracks are little more than a place to sleep and shower if a guardspony needs to stay overnight for whatever reason.

The training rooms are set aside for mandatory training for all guards. Failure to meet the minimal training requirements for a pony's position means suspension from duty until such time as said pony can meet them.

The offices are where the day to day business of the guard is taken care of. Every single scrap of paperwork that the guards have to deal with passes through here at least once.

There are always at least 50 guardsponies on active duty in Bridle Shores at any given time.

Organisation: The Bridle Shores Town Guard uses a semi-formal military designation for their ponies, though ranks are oft blurred. Senior guards are usually respected, regardless of formal rank. In times of emergency, the senior guards would be charged to lead the town militia and any policeponies.
    Captain (The Captain)
    Lieutenant (Stormcloak)
    Sergeant (Harten)
    Corporal (Tyrol)
    Private (Lemongrass, Snowflake, Idle Chat, Flameshield, Silent Snow)

History:
    Officially, the Town Guard's was founded to defend the town against the any threats, at all costs. Once, it had been a small, neglected organisation during the Age of Peace. It was a ceremonial organisation: a relic of the past, as some termed it. Fortunately for the ponies of Bridle Shores, the small Town Guard kept its skills sharp through the years of plenty. When Iron Hoof came about, it was the Town Guard who delayed the forces of Sun Goddess long enough for relief forces from nearby towns to halt their progress permanently. The effort was costly for the fledgling organisation though, with it taking nearly sixty percent casualties.

The Town Guard has been instrumental in keeping Bridle Shores safe through times of upheaval and civil wars that had since plagued Equestria. It has steadily grown in importance and size over the years, reaching somewhat professional status. Although not officially acknowledged, the Guard had had relied on help from the town militia from time to time when a threat has been too great. (It didn't hurt that some of these so-called militia included famed heroes.)

Because of its newfound importance in keeping the peace, the Town Guard has an uneasy relationship with the smaller (and outclassed) police force of the town. Although the two have distinctly separate roles, with the Guard defending the town against external threats and the police keeping the peace within, the lines have been blurred of late. The Guard has instituted its own patrols, which although ostensibly to help out with the overburdened police, has been seen as interfering with the their traditional roles.

For the policeponies:

Formal name: Bridle Shores Police Department
    Base: Bridle Shores' Police Station
    Spoiler
    Show
    The police station, located in a respectable location near the Market Square, is a modest three story stone building dating from the founding of the town. The dull, brown paint and innocuous appearance makes it easy for one to mistake it for an office or something of the sort, save for the large police sign emblazoned next to the main double doors.

Despite its unassuming outward appearance, the police station has always been a hive of activity, with each floor given a specific purpose.

The ground floor is the public area, where citizens could air their complaints and various grievances to the ponies stationed there. It also hosts a small cafeteria. The second and third floors houses the majority of the offices, where reports are filed, cases investigated and records kept.

The basement has a small lockup area, with six cells in total and three interrogation rooms. Each cell are meant to house one pony, like its counterpart in the guardhouse.

History:
    During the Age of Peace, the police department was all the ponies needed for protection. Even then, crimes were rare and for most part, Bridle Shores ran perfectly fine on its own.

The rise of Iron Hoof and the subsequent upheaval changed much of that, thrusting the police ponies into a role which their training had not prepared them for. With what limited resources and training they had, they tried to keep the peace in the town. Although not as famed as the Town Guard in stopping Iron Hoof's forces, the police faced their share of dangers and took harrowing losses of their own.

Since then, the police department has been struggling with the continual threats on Bridle Shores, as well as their own growing impotence in keeping the peace. There has been hushed whispers that the police department should be folded under the banner of the Town Guard, but such talk are taboo amongst the higher ranked policeponies, who feel their role has been usurped.

Now, for the more important question at hand: Do you guys think we need to revise the history and plot for this setting? I find that we do not even reference half of the things we have there and some of the more blatant references to OotS should probably be removed, as they do not quite mesh. (No offense to Crisis21, but they do feel tacked on.)
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-09-13 at 07:46 AM.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Now, for the more important question at hand: Do you guys think we need to revise the history and plot for this setting? I find that we do not even reference half of the things we have there and some of the more blatant references to OotS should probably be removed, as they do not quite mesh. (No offense to Crisis21, but they do feel tacked on.)
    I do agree on the OotS references, those are a mite odd. We may as well have something regarding Celestia's official release at some point, there were supposed to be a few plotlines about that but they never really got off the ground. There may also be a few other points that have popped up (the origin of the vampony curse, perhaps Orzel would like to add some fey events in as well) that was can add to the timeline.

Other than that, I'd have to see proposed changes to the history before I said yay or nay. I'm absolutely open to talk about it.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

Personally, I rather not have the OotS references, its always had this irksome feeling that it didn't quite fit with this world and felt more forced.
    -------------

But yargh, I myself see the Bridle Shores Town Guard as an extension of the main Equestrian Army, likely a sort of small "military" base which also serves as a training facility for becoming a guard but also preps them for having the option of joining the military. Though being a small town, perhaps the numbers between the town guard and police department range from around 60-70 members combined? A good number of the town guard did die during the two last invasions.

But yes, I think you got down pretty much what I was thinking in regards to the two and how they worked together, mostly on the policeponies side. Well, also stableball games they play against each other. xD
    -----

And yes, I do think the setting is due for a revision of its history and plot, so much, considering yes, the majority of the events in the time line are rarely referenced, and with crisis21 gone, likely to be never.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-09-13 at 08:24 AM.