New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

here it be, the stuff Balboa talked about involving some things that happened that would effect your timeline

Spoiler
    Show
    Balboa Shag -In an Off the Radar Location-Forty Miles Away from the Famine Ridden Appleloosa-
    1630 Hours

So after Balboa was given a demonstration of the FireSpell bomb in which he expressed desire for a much bigger explosion, he continued to speak to the mook-ish lab ponies.

"Yes sir, we will be aiming for increasing the range, power, and duration of the FireSpell," One of them nodded at Balboa who clopped a hoof as from out of nowhere a bottle of water with a straw was levitated in front of him as he took a sip.

The FireSpell Bomb, was a magically engineered weapon of destruction. It took large quantities of raw unicorn magic and old dark zebra magic, usually leaving the suppliers drained for weeks. It was so powerful that it had to be contained in a strong shell, a unique almost alien metal capable of withstanding from being consumed from the raw dark magic. In theory it would be capable of devastating entire cities with a few well placed drops. Capable of bypassing most the strongest of magical and physical shields. Worst, were the theorized after effects of the poisonous magic that would seep into a pony killing them from the inside out in a matter of days. Life would no longer exist in the radius of its impact zone. In theory.

What Balboa witnessed wasn't even a fraction of what the end product was expected to be, in materials, power, and size.

The three stallions were then approached by a glasses toting mare in a lab coat that covered her cutie mark. She had an access badge with a level five clearance, and a tag indicating she was the director in charge of this facility.
    Balboa eyed the minty colored mare with a pistachio colored mane that showed a few streaks of grey. Frankly, Balboa was more into the younger mares, but this pony was easy on the eyes.

"Mmm, I thought we put up a policy to not allow the riff raff in," The mare coolly stated with an upturn muzzle.

"Then we would both be removed my dear,"
    He said with an unperturbed smirk. She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Miss Menthol Ice,"
    He nodded with a mock bow.

"Balboa," She simply said as if though his name disgusted her tongue.

"So cold," He smirked. He glanced at her and then gestured with his head to the two generic unicorn ponies. She sighed and directed them to leave the two alone. The unicorns nodded obediently and left the room, along with the random unicorn of Balboa's who carried his drink.

"So Balboa, I'm sure you heard the rumors in Canterlot, with your resources there's no way you don't know what the Princess Luna has for breakfast everyday," Menthol Ice 'conversationally' said with a flick of her mane.

"Maybe, then again I hear rumors every day, ponies do love their gossip,"
    He coyly said with a flirty smirk that Menthol just scoffed at.

"I know you know what I'm referring to Balboa," She lowered her voice to a hushed whisper. "The rumors of the return of the sun princess."

"Yes."

"Oh?"

"Why yes, why else would I be putting so much time and money in the research and development of a weapon we could defend our beloved Equestria with?"

"Defending Equestria with a weapon capable of unleashing massive devastation. And here I thought you were just planning a hostile take over for Equestria herself," Menthol snarked.

"Oh pish posh my dear, how cruel of you to think of me as such a pony. I have only the best intentions for my Equestria. I like to think of myself as the unsung guardian."

"Oh dear, and to think I almost believed your horse manure there," She said as they walked into her private office. She sat down behind her desk as Balboa took a comfy seat cushion for himself in front of it. Menthol produced a manilla envelope and pushed it toward Balboa with her hoof. He casually placed his hoof next to hers and brushed it as he pulled the envelope toward him. She rewarded him with a scowl, in which he chuckled. "I am curious though, if you are indeed acting on the behalf of Equestria in the creation of this super weapon, just from whom are you protecting it from?" Menthol was more than aware that Equestria had many enemies, but she was curious on Balboa's bullmanure answer.

"That is a good question my dear,"
    He said placing both hooves on the manilla envelope. "As anypony knows, poor Equestria has enemies inside and out. Gryphons, zebras, moose, hippogriffs etc, and then of course all those stupid factions within Equestria that want to take her down.

During the Endless Summer, Iron Hoof's reign of tyranny only further worsened Equestria's relations with her enemies and not just the ones from within. We were at arms with the zebras and gryphons, and even the moose tried to start manure even after the peace treaty of theirs, but really I don't blame those big oafs. Iron Hoof desired their resources, all of them to continue to strengthen her army, her empire, her reign. Equestria could have been a superpower dominating the entire world under pony rule.

But our enemies weren't about to just bow down to any pastel colored equine overlords. Particularly the zebras, who began to tap into their dark and foul magicks and began to develop spells that could devastate many parts of Equestria. Like our dear Appaloosa, its been seven years and Appaloosa is still not able to produce any food on their land. They must rely on importing their food and water.

Princess Luna realized the threat that the zebras were and more so when the Gryphons began to align themselves with the striped equines. Imprisoning Celestia in the sun was not just just an action of love to stop her sister from her tyrannical ways, but it was also a gesture for peace. With Iron Hoof imprisoned, the zebras agreed to an armistice so as long as Iron Hoof remained imprisoned. However, throughout the years, my intelligence had informed me that the zebras never quite stopped researching powerful magicks and had even began to look into their dark ancient magicks forgotten to most of Equestria.

Cut to present day. If the rumours hold true that Celestia was freed from her sunny prison, regardless if whether or not she's changed, I fear that the zebras might take this as a gesture to an end of the armistice and accuse Luna of breaking her word. And then, use this as an excuse to go to war with Equestria, but this time, they would be prepared for the power of the goddesses.

I simply desire for Equestria to have the tools and weapons to defend herself with. AND, with the FireSpell Bomb, we may never even have to fight. Believe me when I say that the *threat* of utter annihilation with one fell swoop can go a long way. Because frankly, I have no desire to bow down to any new striped overlords."
    Balboa smirked and sighed cheekily.

"Bravo Balboa," Menthol smirked and shook her head and clopped her hooves together twice. "You know, I would almost believe you, IF, this project had not been in the works for months, way before any rumors or signs of Princess Celestia being freed from the sun.

Balboa kept his cocky smirk and shrugged. "Would you believe me if I said I had great insight?"
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-09-21 at 11:34 AM.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

In unrelated news, I think I just stumbled upon the trope for our dear Bridle Shores xD

UndefeatableLittleVillage

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

Benson: Sandy did put up a light spell, is it doing anything?
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Benson: Sandy did put up a light spell, is it doing anything?
    fixed'dddddd

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

kelvin360, I'm afraid that's waaaaaay too many actions and I'm going to have to say a big no and will have to ignore them until it is fixed.

These posts are happening within seconds. Kinda like dnd where ya get six seconds to make your move. I'm being lenient with like eight seconds and your going waaay beyond that.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-09-23 at 01:10 AM.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

Gotcha, edit made. ^_^
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

7. - Top - End - #547
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you. Now we can go back to our "civilian" vamponies killings and make Sandy scarred forever!

Because Benson is a big old Jerkface McJerk.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-09-23 at 01:22 AM.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

Meh. Daniel's a bard. Horrendous mental trauma can be reversed by a quick 'Barney' song or whatever. Maybe a twenty-second rousing speech at worst.

But killing...oh yes....mweh-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaa....

(And yes! 'He's a bard' is the answer to EVERYTHING!

'But gravity doesn't work like-'

'Bard.'

'You can't restructure someone's atomic structure with sonic vi-!'

'Bard.'

'One does not simply walk into Mordor!'

'You're right. He's a BARD. He'll start singing Thriller and ZOMBIE DANCE into Mordor!!!')
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2012-09-23 at 01:28 AM.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

9. - Top - End - #549
    Troll in the Playground

If only there was any ounce of truth to that. Sigh.

Then I would be a bard, and then take being a bard as my profession, and then I'd be twice the bard and be omni-powerful because that's totally how it it works right???

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

Theoretically speaking, just one level of bard would automatically make you Genre Savvy, which is essentially the same as being omnipotent if you live in an actual Genre. At the very least you could easily be a Chessmaster due to loads of social skills and Savviness. Or it would if all bards were proper bards (I'm looking at YOU, Grobnar).

Stuff like Perform (Act) or Profession (Bard) wouldn't necessarily be the same, though. Just like Profession (Fighter) doesn't give you bonus feats.

And no, I can't believe I'm debating the exacts of how being a bard makes you God, either.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

Apologies it took so long to get back to things. The only place in my hotel where I can get internet is the lobby, I'm afraid. >.<

And on the current scene...well, I spent a good hour wandering Tokyo just thinking about it. Didn't really see Zephyr's bit on the computer I snagged just to read the updates, but it still doesn't really change things. The way I see it, there are three options:

1) We kill the controlled innocents.

2) We start working as an awesome team and incap the lot of them.

3) I was able to think of a plan. Not sure if it would get us in the clear, but it may be enough to at least stop the fighting and give us a minute to breathe. As it stands, however, Sandy is not thinking straight enough to think of it himself. Depending on what folks do, this option may open up.

As Sandy's the only one who's strongly objecting to a wholesale slaughter (AKA the one most likely to get seriously scarred by this whole thing), I just want to say that I have plans for each outcome. In other words, as much as it pains me IC and OOC to say it, I can handle it if we go with option 1.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ettin in the Playground

Apologies it took so long to get back to things. The only place in my hotel where I can get internet is the lobby, I'm afraid. >.<

And on the current scene...well, I spent a good hour wandering Tokyo just thinking about it. Didn't really see Zephyr's bit on the computer I snagged just to read the updates, but it still doesn't really change things. The way I see it, there are three options:

1) We kill the controlled innocents.

2) We start working as an awesome team and incap the lot of them.

3) I was able to think of a plan. Not sure if it would get us in the clear, but it may be enough to at least stop the fighting and give us a minute to breathe. As it stands, however, Sandy is not thinking straight enough to think of it himself. Depending on what folks do, this option may open up.

As Sandy's the only one who's strongly objecting to a wholesale slaughter (AKA the one most likely to get seriously scarred by this whole thing), I just want to say that I have plans for each outcome. In other words, as much as it pains me IC and OOC to say it, I can handle it if we go with option 1.
    You do know option no.2 isn't likely to happen now that our leader is knocked out? Well, unless Silverpine... hmmm.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    You do know option no.2 isn't likely to happen now that our leader is knocked out? Well, unless Silverpine... hmmm.
    *is intrigued* And Silverpine totally needs his time in the spotlight anyhow :D

Aye, it's kind of a mess anyhow, Captain or no Captain.Everypony fighting their own mini-battles, trying to cover for other ponies, etc. And I did misspeak a little, as there's many combination of 1 and 2 where they take out some, but not all of the townsponies. Point still stands, should be fun to roleplay the aftermath.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-23 at 08:51 AM.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Barbarian in the Playground

Uh, Grif, is Snowflake on the Southern Gate already? I already sent a character there and just wanted to know....

No one else has any character to interact there?
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know if having the the captain knocked out or injured badly still wouldn't allow for number 2, but she appreciates the value placed upon her.

I do apologize in advance for the trauma likely to be placed on Sandy at the end of all this. I foresee brooding, mucho of it.

[waiting for MCerberus before moving on]

=========
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Uh, Grif, is Snowflake on the Southern Gate already? I already sent a character there and just wanted to know....

I'm not really sure where I have Idle Chat or Silent Snow ^^;

Whelp if Grif doesn't claim it first, I'll go and uh stick them there. ^^
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-09-23 at 10:19 AM.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post

I been meaning to get Lemongrass to interact with her, but forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder. (Snowflake is out and about somewhere. They do have shift rotations and all that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    I don't know if having the the captain knocked out or injured badly still wouldn't allow for number 2, but she appreciates the value placed upon her.

I do apologize in advance for the trauma likely to be placed on Sandy at the end of all this. I foresee brooding, mucho of it.

[waiting for MCerberus before moving on]
    =========
    I'm not really sure where I have Idle Chat or Silent Snow ^^;

Whelp if Grif doesn't claim it first, I'll go and uh stick them there. ^^
    Go ahead. I'll probably slow the scene down with my erratic posting.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Barbarian in the Playground

That reminds me!
    Anyone want more crazy Dreamrunner? =D
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    That reminds me!
    I can bring back her boss if you like.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, fire has the ability to kill them dead-dead again?

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Aye. He's not the broody sort normally, but seeing how we're already had one innocent die on his watch...yeah. Just hope he's not ordered to aim for the heart.

On the other hand, I've already got the dramatic post-battle speech for that scenario planned out...
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-23 at 08:56 PM.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    That reminds me!
    I thought about having Lone Star be the son of the two pyros for a while, what do you th

Wrench is bored
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #561
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, fire has the ability to kill them dead-dead again?

Yea, they're not putting it out, they're orders were to attack, and its their wealsauce. Right now, they're like new borne baby vamps who need guidance and exist without real thought. Their guidance just so happens to come from a certain bastard. Its an all in the manual sort of thing that may be revealed in game, and if it doesn't, well, when this is all over I'll explain it OOC to the curious.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-09-23 at 10:55 PM.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ettin in the Playground

Since the vampony scene moved on somewhat, I'm quite lost now.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

Since the vampony scene moved on somewhat, I'm quite lost now.
    I'll try to help:

Silverpine and Sandy went to help Gearstride, but Sandy managed to incapacitate the bugger. Another vampony, this one a young pegasus buck, engaged Sandy, who is still close to Gear. He was unable to land any hits on it due to being distraught over Miss M accidentally staking one of the townsponies. Then Daniel staked another one, and Sandy nearly threw up. His enemy is taking advantage of his emotional state and moving in for a dive bomb, while Rainbow is trying to drag Sandy away. Silverpine was standing nearby with his shotgun ready.

So the status right now: Staccata is being harassed by a unicorn chucking rocks at her, Miss M and Zephyr are both engaged in hoof-to-hoof combat, Daniel just finished his target off, Sandy is just standing there and trying not to hurl, Rainbow is trying to drag Sandy away, and Gearstride is starting to stir.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll try to help:

Silverpine and Sandy went to help Gearstride, but Sandy managed to incapacitate the bugger. Another vampony, this one a young pegasus buck, engaged Sandy, who is still close to Gear. He was unable to land any hits on it due to being distraught over Miss M accidentally staking one of the townsponies. Then Daniel staked another one, and Sandy nearly threw up. His enemy is taking advantage of his emotional state and moving in for a dive bomb, while Rainbow is trying to drag Sandy away. Silverpine was standing nearby with his shotgun ready.

So the status right now: Staccata is being harassed by a unicorn chucking rocks at her, Miss M and Zephyr are both engaged in hoof-to-hoof combat, Daniel just finished his target off, Sandy is just standing there and trying not to hurl, Rainbow is trying to drag Sandy away, and Gearstride is starting to stir.
    The thing is I don't buy Silverpine standing about while the others are busy fighting. Which is why I'm rather lost now.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

I figure he would be trying to help Gearstride,... or I guess not, but eh. Fret not though! For there will be plenty for Silverpine to do and look badass and stuff!

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I think the nonDMs should adhere to a 3 sentence maximum (dialog excluded) on actions in 5+ pony scenes to ease understanding of the scene.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

27. - Top - End - #567
    Troll in the Playground

Just a thought on Daniel's seemingly endless supply of stakes and arrows, but, pinning them with such items have been seen to work, at least with stakes. Such an observant pony would have surely seen that at work ;D...or ya know, go back to ol'd reliable murdering, definitely easier ;p
    ============

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    I think the nonDMs should adhere to a 3 sentence maximum (dialog excluded) on actions in 5+ pony scenes to ease understanding of the scene.
    maybe, would be easier for me to understand what some ponies are doing.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-09-24 at 05:07 PM.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahah! I knew I'd been forgetting something with that post! (Arrows remaining)

Also, I...actually have no idea what you just said But I'll put this out there in case my theory is correct.

That 'bag' is actually a minor bag of holding filled with spare arrows and a lot of nonmagical junk. The reasons for this being that A) Daniel is savvy enough to be overprepared bordering on paranoid and B) he has a brother who does almost nothing but sit around making magic items.

So 31 arrows, 4 stakes and miscellaneous adventuring gear may not be infinite, but it'll get the job done.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    I think a reasonable compromise is that any long post should be followed by a summary for ease of reading. Eg.

<wall of text>

(John slashed monster A and shield-bashed monster B.)

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I think a reasonable compromise is that any long post should be followed by a summary for ease of reading. Eg.

<wall of text>

(John slashed monster A and shield-bashed monster B.)
    That works too.

Either or. Poster's choice.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater