New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    I have no idea what anypony is actually talking about right now @-@

And I have no idea if I'm needed to post anywhere ><
    Help please?
    Maybe something with Luka...I don't know, other than something you have with Luka I don't think there's anything or anywhere else.

Maybe post with Hover if ya want over in the Cirrus.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

MCerberus, it would be sweet if you were more clear on Staccata's actions. As far as I can tell she's just rolling over there and that's her round.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    I have no idea what anypony is actually talking about right now @-@

And I have no idea if I'm needed to post anywhere ><
    Help please?
    What Benson said, you had a scene with Asis and them with Luka.

Also, some ponies have moved onto the next day, on account of the vampony plot taking longer than expected. You could have Blaze get up and start preparing the ship for the wedding, discussing things with Hover, that sort of thing.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think on my part there's two posts
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #695
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    MCerberus, it would be sweet if you were more clear on Staccata's actions. As far as I can tell she's just rolling over there and that's her round.
    I put an edit down, will from now on make sure that combat actions are spelled out explicitly.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Okay, that logic makes sense and all. The problem I'm having is that, to use the alligator analogy, why would he go and kill the alligator with three legs gone and his jaw tied shut rather than one of the many other alligators that are actively trying to bite our flanks off? It's less whether or not he's a Shaolin Monk, it's more that there were bigger threats to go after, and his logic (to me) says that he'd go after those bigger threats to ensure that everypony got out alive.

After the fight, I'd totally see him try to kill them off for good if nopony stopped him, but that's only after they've all been incapacitated.

I'm not trying to specifically go after you because you're doing disagreeable things. Far from it, RPs like this thrive on inter-character conflict caused by such actions. It's just that I don't quite see the logic as you stated matching up with his actions.
    *nodnod* I see your point there, and if these were normals, you'd have the right of it. In this case, though, it's less that there are other alligators and more that the alligator in question can regrow limbs and burn ropes if the sun is out. But Daniel doesn't have a watch. He'd rather take what may well be crucial seconds to get an enemy out of the game FOREEEEVEEERRR then jump into the rest of the fray when he has no idea if FPS can just get right back up. Keep in mind he's never experienced short-term vampiric regeneration, and so has no idea what vampires are really capable of, even semi-staked, when left alone.

I hope I'm making sense with this, rather than just causing more confusion.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    *nodnod* I see your point there, and if these were normals, you'd have the right of it. In this case, though, it's less that there are other alligators and more that the alligator in question can regrow limbs and burn ropes if the sun is out. But Daniel doesn't have a watch. He'd rather take what may well be crucial seconds to get an enemy out of the game FOREEEEVEEERRR then jump into the rest of the fray when he has no idea if FPS can just get right back up. Keep in mind he's never experienced short-term vampiric regeneration, and so has no idea what vampires are really capable of, even semi-staked, when left alone.

I hope I'm making sense with this, rather than just causing more confusion.
    Again, I totally understand the logic, but I think you might be forgetting something: We've just had a fight with the exact same type of vamponies, where it was shown that leaving stakes in them after they were conked out meant they were down for good. And so far, every vampony we've taken out has had some amount of wood (either a stake, arrow, or one of them food skewers) plunked into them. In fact, Rainbow made a point of not lethally shooting that one pegasus Daniel hypothetically decapitated.

And if that wasn't enough, we still had the experience with Zephyr earlier at the club, where Daniel plunked stakes into him, and kept him from regenerating. Zephyr even said words to the effect of "You gotta take these stakes out before I can do anything". He only regenerated after Sandy removed the stakes. There might've been a third time, when we were dealing with Meadow, but I don't know for sure, so I won't cite it.

So Daniel has, on two different occasions, seen vampony regeneration halted by the presence of wood, and he's also seen that KO'd vamponies don't get back up when they've got wood stuck in them.

Would that affect his thinking any?

(Note: I am getting on my super logical voice, which is hard to distinguish from a stern, "blargh blargh you're wrong" voice. To ensure the correct tone comes through, here is a smiley with its tongue sticking out: )
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-26 at 05:55 PM.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

I concede to your points (all of which are spot-on) and admit that I didn't think that one through, justifications after the fact aside. While more lethality was likely to happen, that was really...pointless. We could probably drill deeper into the psychology, sure, but what can I really do about it?
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

If Benson allows, you could retcon his action to, say, assisting Rainbow with the shooting down of vamponies. If it was an honest mistake that Daniel wouldn't have made in-character, I know I wouldn't have a problem with calling the proverbial mulligan. Less than a round has passed since the action took place, so it's not like great, irreparable consequences have happened yet. Not to mention that, so far, only two PCs really took notice enough to say/do something. And I even designed my post to work if you decided to un-do the action.

This was a nice little discussion, by the way. Gave me a good look at what's going on in the brain of our resident nutty bard.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-26 at 06:54 PM.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm usually adverse to retcons, but you make a good point. Again.

"Oooh, he wants to know what's going on in my head?!"

Cherries, matrix, buckshot, interesting, metaphor, grain, fruit, spots, verdant, forest, green, takedown, vehement, argh my leg, fifty-seven, PARTY!

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ettin in the Playground

Question: Is Flare and co going to scene-merge with Tyrol/mysterious pony and co at the town gate? Might make for an interesting (if messy) fight.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Dwarf in the Playground

Depends. Are the latter on the next day already? If so, they probably will.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Depends. Are the latter on the next day already? If so, they probably will.
    They're on indeterminate time of the day. Which means they can be in any day they like.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Troll in the Playground

RETCON. NOCTER. I shall make a pony named Noctor whose special talent is fixing his past mistakes for a favorable future Exclamation mark, exclamation mark.

We can retcon the moment.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Troll in the Playground

On unrelatedness, what is the opinion on the maps? Are they as effective as my head thinks? Should I continue using them? Etc etc

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ettin in the Playground

On unrelatedness, what is the opinion on the maps? Are they as effective as my head thinks? Should I continue using them? Etc etc
    They're useful for roughly confirming who is where and what's going on. I don't really look at the map though, mind; mostly just a glance here and there.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

The maps are super helpful for keeping track of everypony in this massive scenes. I'd say keep them up.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Titan in the Playground

Helping set up, clean up, and attending a Halloween party today, so I'm pretty much going to be gone until late this evening.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Question: Is Flare and co going to scene-merge with Tyrol/mysterious pony and co at the town gate? Might make for an interesting (if messy) fight.
    Kelvin360 likes this!

20. - Top - End - #710

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    I think on my part there's two posts
    Okie dokie.
    I'll get to them when I get back from school.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #711
    Troll in the Playground

My laptop has tanked, using another's for some posts today. Don't expect much from, expect simply very sporadic posting.

Feel free to move along scenes, feel free use my characters within reason on what they'd likely do.

I will however, still be trying to work on the vampony stuff/.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-29 at 07:52 PM.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

Uh, Luka, I think you keep accidentally glossing over Purity's characters with your battle sequences.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not just him. Grif did it earlier too. Yeesh.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

24. - Top - End - #714

Eh... Yeah, I didn't notice that, sorry
    Edited
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ettin in the Playground

Uh, Luka, I think you keep accidentally glossing over Purity's characters with your battle sequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Not just him. Grif did it earlier too. Yeesh.
    Messy scenes is messy. Though I don't recall glossing over anyone. Time to fix that.

My apologies.

EDIT: Oh, that scene. I was waiting on Purity. It seems he posted just when I was typing up my post.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-10-29 at 09:48 PM.

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a question for Luka before I can respond to the battle scene -

Did the armor disperse the shadow spell and use the raw energy for power, or did it absorb the shadow magic itself?

The main difference being, is it the full spell - under Arvadraa's complete control due to being her shadows and all - or a generator catalyst?

27. - Top - End - #717

Question Re: [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

I have a question for Luka before I can respond to the battle scene -

Did the armor disperse the shadow spell and use the raw energy for power, or did it absorb the shadow magic itself?

The main difference being, is it the full spell - under Arvadraa's complete control due to being her shadows and all - or a generator catalyst?
    (Sorry, my internet crashed down)
    It absorbed the shadow magic itself, being of the same kind and everything, like casting harm on an undead creature
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-10-31 at 09:41 AM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Due to the poor internet reception and electrical issues of hurricane ravaged New York City, my posting will be limited.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

29. - Top - End - #719

Waiting on Grif for the Souther Gate thing

Also, tomorrow I may or may not post, university stuff, sorry
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #720
    Titan in the Playground

@Benson: Uh, if Gear just said "Let's go forward", then Sandy would've kept up the rant as they'd advanced. The whole point wasn't to waste time, and advance while Sandy gave the guy an earful.