New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

I know. Its not my narration perspective.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-11-01 at 04:54 AM.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, are there any other guard house PCs who might join the fray at the Southern Gate?

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Hey, are there any other guard house PCs who might join the fray at the Southern Gate?
    Snowflake is the only remaining guard PC/semi-PC I have. She might join shortly.

Of others, there's Beayn and maybe Stormcloak.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

@Benson: Did the civvy vamponies come out of one of the left passageways? The description text seems to suggest they all came out from one direction:

Spoiler
    Show

Back to the gang

The vampony who could only be this Duster stayed behind the column after barely just containing the fire and putting it out before it spread too quickly. He bitterly crushed the arrow into dust with his hooves when he took a peek and watched his companions get turned into....well...stuffs. He looked away, he needed to figure out how to get out of here and not get shot, these ponies or at least two of them were uncanny sharp shooters with deadly accuracy. It was then his needs were considered as from nowhere, twelve random vamponies of all shapes and sizes flew out of a corridor and immediately attacked, some vamponies levitating slabs in front of them, some immediately going for mega pawnches, some sending powerful gusts of wind to blow the enemy away, and just lots of moving around and a lack of clusters.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Troll in the Playground

Yea sure, we'll go with middle left.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Barbarian in the Playground

I won't be around today or tomorrow...
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #727
    Troll in the Playground

Just ah, waiting on Amish/Sandy and MCerberus/Staccata.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ettin in the Playground

At risk of delaying the southern gate fight a little longer, might I suggest we take turns instead? We seems to be tripping over each other toes to get the last blow on the enemy. Case in point: Dawnstrider's apparent bodyslam and Flare's ground chasm of doom.

Also, I think the issue of what attacks work and what don't should be sorted out. I see alot of "Ha! No damage!" posts and what-not. While I understand your character may be OP and what-not, having one to deflect and dodge each and every attack is quite... annoying to see at times.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-11-03 at 02:28 AM.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've been trying to take turns, and I'm sorry if I've skipped ahead of anyone. And I know the "everyone is invincible" thing is getting problematic, which is why I had Blades get pretty zapped up when she flung the spell off. Someone had to take a hit.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

where is everyone on the map? I'm under the impression everyone's around in in the left middle passage with weapons prepped, correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, disregard the character markers, I can't update it since this computer doesn't have the photoshop like my laptop did.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Also, I think the issue of what attacks work and what don't should be sorted out. I see alot of "Ha! No damage!" posts and what-not. While I understand your character may be OP and what-not, having one to deflect and dodge each and every attack is quite... annoying to see at times.
    This, though I wasn't going to actually say anything unless it got seriously out of hand.

I really do appreciate Luka and Mindfreak giving us the opportunity to heroically stand against the forces of darkness, and all in all it's an excellently done setup, but...enemies kinda need the possibility for defeat, guys.

Granted, coming from the guy whose paladin is using heavily enchanted celestial warplate and whose soulbound druidess has shadowskin that deflects pretty much all piercing and slashing damage, this probably sounds hypocritical. But I'm willing to reduce if everyone else is.

EDIT:

Also, yes! Daniel is in the middle-whichever passage with what I think are Sandy, Miss M, Rainbow, Gearstride, and Silverpine. I believe Staccata and Zephyr are back in the altar room staring at runes.
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2012-11-03 at 03:47 AM.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

12. - Top - End - #732
    Troll in the Playground

FYI, getting hit by Bonita and Clod's "attack" isn't going to do any permanent damage. In this, singular instance, its just a thing as part of their "over the top cinematic" appearance into the fray, in which a hit won't shatter bones like it should,
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-11-03 at 04:47 AM.

13. - Top - End - #733

I actually thought they were underpowered, I mean, Ruby's attack barely damaged Dawstrider and he got 2 guards on him too, also got stabbed in a joint; and the unicorn keeps getting smacked around the place and stunned.

But do you mean the 2 that just appeared? it's kinda their point to be really strong, they're the army's strongest ones (Besides Doth and whoever else is the 2nd in command there), well, actually the entire group is supposed to be, but "Ruby" and the unicorn are rookies into that group, so they're a bit more vulnerable.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Plus the green unicorn's supposed to teleport them away, the two just went there to get Luka, then a storm of defenders appeared, plus it could be a possible plot point for another fight

Oh, also MCerberu's griphoon may want to do something about the southern gate fight
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-11-03 at 09:35 AM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

Yep. Sandy's front and center in the passage. He's getting clonked.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    I actually thought they were underpowered, I mean, Ruby's attack barely damaged Dawstrider and he got 2 guards on him too, also got stabbed in a joint; and the unicorn keeps getting smacked around the place and stunned.

But do you mean the 2 that just appeared? it's kinda their point to be really strong, they're the army's strongest ones (Besides Doth and whoever else is the 2nd in command there), well, actually the entire group is supposed to be, but "Ruby" and the unicorn are rookies into that group, so they're a bit more vulnerable.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Plus the green unicorn's supposed to teleport them away, the two just went there to get Luka, then a storm of defenders appeared, plus it could be a possible plot point for another fight

Oh, also MCerberu's griphoon may want to do something about the southern gate fight
    To be perfectly frank, I thought they were underutilised as well. If you were trying to make them a threat, then they're not powerful/threatening enough.

On the other hand, Dawnstrider and Arvaadaa seemed OP for this fight. Shadowmagic and Celestial-Idunnowhatdoesthisevendo-Armour.

Flare and Blades I cannot comment, though I suspect Blades herself is overmatched, much like the poor guards. Flare seemed like she could KO the entire place had she chose to though.

It was my intention to stalemate the fight had Flare and co not intervened.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

On the other hand, Dawnstrider and Arvaadaa seemed OP for this fight. Shadowmagic and Celestial-Idunnowhatdoesthisevendo-Armour.
    At first glance, probably. Two points here, though;

1. Arvadraa is effectively stuck on defense. Any direct blasts are going to be absorbed, her tentacles are actually not very helpful unless she's fighting peasants, and even her shadowskin is extremely vulnerable to blunt force. If she gets stomped, she's down. Basically, it's keep-away until someone who can actually deal any damage to either side.

2. Dawnstrider's Celestial Warplate (which, being his fathers former armor, is pretty much exactly what it sounds like) is made to dissipate dark magic when applied to attacks, as well as being enchanted for strength. This is important because that essentially means it's pretty much exactly the same as the Dark Legionnaires' (because, since they also absorb the light it puts off, both special abilities are negated). However, both side also has an edge.

Edge: Dawnstrider - 10+ years of experience in brutal combat.

Edge: Dark Legionnaires - Dawnstrider has no helmet. This is a worse weakness than you'd think; one stray hit and he goes down.

(tl;dr - Arvadraa can get curbstomped by blunt force trauma, and 'boom, headshot' is in dangerous full force on Dawnstrider, but their strong defenses and experience respectively are allowing them to stay alive...for now)
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

17. - Top - End - #737

Uh... Kelvin, the trotting one did actually use magic, sorry
    Wrote "eye" instead of "edge", "Grow" instead of glow, or for short, he sword's edge had a purple glow, but no aura.... But still, I guess it still works if it dissipates the strike's magic and not the full strike

...Oh my, my posts really are that bad
    Benson, and you thought you were derping a lot
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-11-03 at 01:40 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    At first glance, probably. Two points here, though;

1. Arvadraa is effectively stuck on defense. Any direct blasts are going to be absorbed, her tentacles are actually not very helpful unless she's fighting peasants, and even her shadowskin is extremely vulnerable to blunt force. If she gets stomped, she's down. Basically, it's keep-away until someone who can actually deal any damage to either side.

2. Dawnstrider's Celestial Warplate (which, being his fathers former armor, is pretty much exactly what it sounds like) is made to dissipate dark magic when applied to attacks, as well as being enchanted for strength. This is important because that essentially means it's pretty much exactly the same as the Dark Legionnaires' (because, since they also absorb the light it puts off, both special abilities are negated). However, both side also has an edge.

Edge: Dawnstrider - 10+ years of experience in brutal combat.

Edge: Dark Legionnaires - Dawnstrider has no helmet. This is a worse weakness than you'd think; one stray hit and he goes down.

(tl;dr - Arvadraa can get curbstomped by blunt force trauma, and 'boom, headshot' is in dangerous full force on Dawnstrider, but their strong defenses and experience respectively are allowing them to stay alive...for now)
    From my understanding, Arvaadaa has no such limitation that you mentioned. And Dawnstrider seemed to have that perpetual "No helmet = cool and untouchable!" trope going. It would be helpful to point these out from time to time, since I myself cannot remember each and every of your character's weaknesses and strength in detail.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-11-03 at 12:41 PM.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flare and Blades I cannot comment, though I suspect Blades herself is overmatched, much like the poor guards. Flare seemed like she could KO the entire place had she chose to though.
    You've got a good assessment of my characters' abilities. A Badass Normal against someone with powers that can make him pretty much invincible? The best she could do is stall him. I have been working on Blades' compensation, but at this point, there's no way that's a fair match.

Flare, on the other hoof, has enough power to simply drop everypony involved into the mantle, which even the dark armour shouldn't be able to block. She's kept back by the risk of friendly fire, though. Her powers lack finesse, and even she doesn't want to cause more damage than necessary.

As for Night Jewel... Well...
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

20. - Top - End - #740
    Troll in the Playground

Waiting on ye Grif with Silverpine.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ettin in the Playground

Waiting on ye Grif with Silverpine.
    Sorry, can't really make a response to such a large scene on my poor Wonder.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

@Orzel: What exactly is Tactic 13, seeing how we'd know in-character?

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    @Orzel: What exactly is Tactic 13, seeing how we'd know in-character?
    Everypony but one Charge the Enemy to draw attention of the enemy and the lone Cirrus member sneaks around and strikes from behind or the flank.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Everypony but one Charge the Enemy to draw attention of the enemy and the lone Cirrus member sneaks around and strikes from behind or the flank.
    Alright, I'll edit my post in a bit with this in mind.

And edited. Sandy will be counter-charging to give Rainbow a shot, hopefully with at least Gear helping out.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-11-04 at 01:16 PM.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. Well I guess Rainbow could've been blown to the other side of the temple?

In the future (while Benson's lappy is on the fritz), I think we should all say where we think we are on the map, just to avoid confusion. For instance, I thought Rainbow was all the way on the other side of the temple this round.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Troll in the Playground

Yea, it would be super helpful if Amish's suggestion was used. Helps me, helps everyone.Its a good thing.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

To the best of my knowledge, here is where everypony is:

Sandy, Gear, Rainbow: Opposite the middle left passage, near the pillars
    Miss M: Making a lovely indent in one of said pillars
    Zephyr: Running!
    Daniel: A pace or two to the side of the main entrance
    Staccata: Creeping about near the altar-side of the temple
    Silverpine: Not actually sure. Hiding behind rubble somewhere.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you Amishpirate, I appreciate this.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

No problem!

@MCerberus: Sandy's going after the vamponies on Zephyr's tail, not the hamster-ball guys.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oops, to the edit-mobile!
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC