New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    If anything the mortals are more likely to survive than the vampires. It takes less to knock you out if you aren't supernatural, and Daniel made it clear to only use lethality if it was necessary.

Wait, doom?

What makes you think Daniel's just going to kill Spectre?

Who says Daniel's got the only say with his fate? And doom doesn't mean just getting killed anyway

The civvies are the vamponies that mixed with those mortal police officers, fyi.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    The civvies are the vamponies that mixed with those mortal police officers, fyi.
    ^This. I think there's only one sentient/thinking vampony among the vamponies stuck behind the cube. And all are mixed in with the glamoured officers.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sorry for not being around. Fridays and Weekends are always crazy for me. I will be around tomorrow to respond to posts.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #934
    Ogre in the Playground

Doesn't exactly take away my point, though. Even with vampires, bringing them down is more expedient than standing there aiming for that tiny little spot until you FINALLY have an opportunity instead of just staking them anywhere and punching them out.

I have a question, too: Why hasn't the gelatinous cube turned around and started moving towards the numerous glamoured mortal juicy morsels behind it?
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2012-12-09 at 01:11 PM.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

Doesn't exactly take away my point, though. Even with vampires, bringing them down is more expedient than standing there aiming for that tiny little spot until you FINALLY have an opportunity instead of just staking them anywhere and punching them out.

I have a question, too: Why hasn't the gelatinous cube turned around and started moving towards the numerous glamoured mortal juicy morsels behind it?
    It wasn't there to take away from whatever your point was again. Just an FYI.

Anyways, because it doesn't have a mind to acknowledge them. Its a literally mindless, no intelligence whatsoever. Its but a force of nature moving and moving and ever moving forward engulfing whatever gets in its path.

Slosh slosh slosh

edit

anyways, for those wondering why I haven't updated it, well I was lazy on Sat and wanted to enjoy my day off ;P and I'm waiting for some clarification on a confusing post from someone related to the vampony stuff. If it does get properly clarified, a post should be up tonight when I get home from work.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-12-09 at 02:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

@Orzel: What is Juribean's policy towards folks like Sandy who manage to get away from her? Is her attention span too short to care, or does she take fighting her and living (with no crippling injuries to boot) as a personal insult? Or to phrase it more directly, can he ever expect an unwelcome visit from the psychotic assassin?

I'm trying to get all the plots that Sandy may be involved in straight so that I have a clear idea as to what's next after the vampony plot.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-12-10 at 12:33 AM.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    It wasn't there to take away from whatever your point was again. Just an FYI.

Anyways, because it doesn't have a mind to acknowledge them. Its a literally mindless, no intelligence whatsoever. Its but a force of nature moving and moving and ever moving forward engulfing whatever gets in its path.

Slosh slosh slosh
    Yeah, sorry, I could've phrased that better. 'Take away from' wasn't what I meant. More like...'that's valid, but so is this, to me'.

Though, if it's just a mindless force of nature, wouldn't that mean all we'd have to do is side-step and let it keep going? *plots deviously*
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

8. - Top - End - #938
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, sorry, I could've phrased that better. 'Take away from' wasn't what I meant. More like...'that's valid, but so is this, to me'.

Though, if it's just a mindless force of nature, wouldn't that mean all we'd have to do is side-step and let it keep going? *plots deviously*

Pretty much *own smirkage*. Though it might set off traps intended for vamps. Om nom slosh slosh.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ogre in the Playground

Fortunately the flaming rubble of DOOOOOOOOOM should be relatively safe, unless it grows hands and tries to dismantle it (which in fact would be the trigger). AND! 'The acid of a gelatinous cube does not harm metal or stone (d20srd)'! Go go garrote!

I'll give that large disturbances in the structure of aforementioned rubble may cause the trap to go off prematurely, however. This is gonna get exciting.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Troll in the Playground

I mean more like they might get "picked up" and brought along for a ride in its oozy self.

Though.

Where *exactly* are the traps located? How *exactly* are they kept in place?

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

Brief rundown redeux!

1: That old sharp cord is tied with rope and stretched taut so that the line goes from VD to VH on that map up there. So it's effectively held in place unless someone's purposely trying to grab it and toss it and its stony supports away, in which case they'll probably lose a hoof. It's there to shred anything that goes through it with any large degree of speed. It's about three and a half hooves off the ground, so pegasi may be unaffected by it if they're in the air. In which case, they'll have their own problems.

2: There SHOULD be a pile of rocks and pews (about the same general height as the cord) from WD to WG and XD to XG. They are covered in combustable oil, and underneath is a macgyvered lighter (a piece of flint locked barely into a steel padlock, under the locky part, so that it going off will involve the flint flying out as the lock shuts, sparks being produced, and setting the whole oily mass aflame). Any non-flyers will HAVE to cross the rocks of flame once the trap is activated (either by too much activity atop the debris or attempts to move too much of it), so they'd better hope they have a back entrance or fire extinguishers.

3: That crossbow bolt Rainbow gave Daniel is hooked up to a piece of rope and tied taut to, you guessed it, more heavy rocks, for essentially a makeshift crossbow. That device is at SF on yon map. Under it is a torch all ready to be lit. Once it IS lit, all you have to do is light the rope on fire, which lights the bolt on fire, and then shoots it straight into the middle of the approaching crowd once the rope is corroded enough from fire damage. I don't know the specifics of that trick bolt (I think she called it a 'sun flare'?), but given the name and the fact that when fired it'll be, well, on fire, it'll wreak havoc for certain.

So the five minute version for your exact questions: 1. VD to VH, WD to WG/XD to XG, and SF respectively.

2. Stones'n'rope, it IS the rocks, and a macgyvered crossbow-ish contraption, respectively.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Troll in the Playground

So...all of it can be set off by Cubey passing through , being the large mass it is and unintentionally protecting the vamps and cops in the back. Picking up everything that isn't bolted down with just enough force, ruining the set up... that's the only way I can see this going down @_@

Frankly, I had expected the traps to be set up where the other vamps would be coming through so that there was no risk of Cubey messing it all up.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-12-10 at 03:14 AM.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Daniel didn't exactly expect their new best friends to leave enemies right behind them. >_>

Not to mention the fact that there's no way it will extinguish all the flames, especially if they start on the bottom. Pass over and smudge some, sure, bring a few rocks with it, but most of the debris in that area are solid pews, and it simply doesn't have enough mass or strength (if, in fact, it has strength capable of dragging around objects not entirely within its field at all) to collect them all, even if it was made of superglue. If it did, the added weight would cause it to grind to a halt (since I heavily doubt that mobile cubes of acidic gelatin actually need an especially great degree of motor functionality, meaning that by extension anything caught inside it will slow it down until it's dissolved, which stone is not, both above points being helped along by the fact that the thing has an incredible listed strength of 10), and then the vampires would have to go past a FLAMING huge cube of acid.

Also, the garrote device is perfectly safe anyways, since I just pointed out that metal (which the wire is made of) isn't affected by the acid. Since gelatinous cubes don't push or pull objects* unless the object is caught inside it (and the anchors to which the wire is attached are out of the way), the most likely outcome is that the razor wire either simply passes through it harmlessly or cuts the whole thing in half. Personally, the former seems more likely at that speed.

* - Rather, since it's still effectively jelly, anything not engulfed 'bounces' off of its surface, but since the wire is both anchored and taut, that won't happen.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Dwarf in the Playground

Say, Mindfreak...

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    (Since I'm bored.)

The group might find Lemongrass standing nearby. Or rather, doing his best to pick up a poor mare's groceries, who seemed to have fallen off and scattered all over the street.

"Here you go, ma'am," he said, pushing the last of the oranges into her paperbag.

The indigo earth pony mare sniffed haughtily. "Thank you, son. Young'uns these days just don't have manners anymore. No offense."

"None taken."
    I think you might want to do something about this.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

You know you've been watching too many rap battles when you start composing lyrics for your roleplay charactrers in your head >.>

Seriously, LS vs FT just gets WEIRD...
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, if there's no uproarious opposition to any potential canon breaking I might have done by accident then i'll just sit back, drum my fingers together, and wait for a somepony to fall asleep. Hmmm.... Dawnstrider...
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Well, if there's no uproarious opposition to any potential canon breaking I might have done by accident then i'll just sit back, drum my fingers together, and wait for a somepony to fall asleep. Hmmm.... Dawnstrider...
    You actually managed to pick a pretty good time to come in with this guy, we're approaching the end of a major battle arc with some of the characters, and they're going to be in sore need of rest when it's all over.

That, and he'll probably force us to end days within a reasonable amount of time now.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ettin in the Playground

While he would be at his "peak" inside another ponies dream he's certainly not limited to it (Via floating around like a ghost). That does bring up some interestig questions regarding dreams that i'll probably have to answer.
    Such as:
    1) Are dreams all linked together? Or does a Nightmare have to go door to door and "Shove" himself into a ponies mind.
    2) If time works differently in dreams, can a Nightmare be at multiple dreams at a time?
    3) To what extent does a dream end and conciousness begin? Could a Nightmare tamper with them to a lesser extent like he could to a fully unconcious pony?

Still, i'm glad to hear about all that good luck .
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ettin in the Playground

While he would be at his "peak" inside another ponies dream he's certainly not limited to it (Via floating around like a ghost). That does bring up some interestig questions regarding dreams that i'll probably have to answer.
    Such as:
    1) Are dreams all linked together? Or does a Nightmare have to go door to door and "Shove" himself into a ponies mind.
    2) If time works differently in dreams, can a Nightmare be at multiple dreams at a time?
    3) To what extent does a dream end and conciousness begin? Could a Nightmare tamper with them to a lesser extent like he could to a fully unconcious pony?

Still, i'm glad to hear about all that good luck .
    1) We aren't clear on that. Probably.
    2) Sure, why not? We're on flexible time anyway.
    3) I'd say tampering with minds are a no-no.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ettin in the Playground

@ 3) Mind tampering would definetely be wrong, but that's not a day dream (Or at least, I wouldn't classify a day dream as real enough for something that extreme). It's like, those times when your staring out the window and you can just picture something moving by, glazing the back of your eyes. If you actually focus you can't see it anymore, but in that half paying attention, half zoned out state you just have that strange little picture playing around in the back of your eye, not really visible yet you know it's there and you have the smallest inkling of a feeling that it's playing out infront of you.

Well, atleast that's how I percieve my daydreams. Nothing quite on the level of, say, Inception. More of a subtle nudging (And even then you only day dream when your either heavily distracted, bored, or zoned out).

But yeah, mind control is bad.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

21. - Top - End - #951
    Titan in the Playground

2) Absolutely.
    3) I'd say you can't directly tamper with the pony's mind. Manipulating the dream to make a point or to subtly manipulate them? That seems like fair game to me.

1 is going to need actual discussion, I think. Having the shared dream world would allow for ponies to potentially interact via dreams and the Nightmare's influence, but it would mean that said Nightmare is much harder to throw out of a pony's head. The other option kinda eliminates dream interactions, but does allow ponies a fighting chance against him.

Personally, I like the shared dream choice, as that seems to open up the most options for interesting encounters and interactions.

EDIT: Huh. Well with that, 3 isn't quite so cut-and-dry either. I can't get my thoughts coherent enough to comment on this particular bit now, so I'ma just sleep on this part.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-12-11 at 12:37 AM.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ettin in the Playground

That's true, one of the main reasons I considered the physically force yourself into someones head option was so that ponies had a chance to fight back once the Nightmare got out/was going in (And also for the hilarious idea of when you wake up from a Nightmare prematurely you send the unprepared Ethereal being flying out of your head, spinning around and phasing through walls with his eyes all discombobulated). The shared dream choice I prefer as it allows for easier interaction and travel (Via hopping into a ponies dream and then leaving their mind into the real world).

Yeah, i'm going to sleep on this aswell and hopefully wake up with more answers.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ettin in the Playground

That's true, one of the main reasons I considered the physically force yourself into someones head option was so that ponies had a chance to fight back once the Nightmare got out/was going in (And also for the hilarious idea of when you wake up from a Nightmare prematurely you send the unprepared Ethereal being flying out of your head, spinning around and phasing through walls with his eyes all discombobulated). The shared dream choice I prefer as it allows for easier interaction and travel (Via hopping into a ponies dream and then leaving their mind into the real world).

Yeah, i'm going to sleep on this aswell and hopefully wake up with more answers.
    On the idea of shared dreams, I'll make it so, normally, ponies' dreams are separate and non-connected. However, a Nightmare could choose to join dreams at will for ponies to share their experience. This also assumes that they are a race to begin with, and Princess Luna has some or all of their powers.

Mind, this is actually cribbing the ideas from Rodny, who was the first to come up with this concept in FiM RP, before the show even reached Season 2. Pretty prescient of him, when you think of it.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-12-11 at 11:55 AM.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hopefully, you won't get Nightmares poking into your dreams.

I think dreams should be separate, personally. Otherwise, a lot more ponies in this town would have nightmares about ponies coming out of nowhere and killing them stone dead.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    Hopefully, you won't get Nightmares poking into your dreams.

I think dreams should be separate, personally. Otherwise, a lot more ponies in this town would have nightmares about ponies coming out of nowhere and killing them stone dead.
    Too late

Hmmm.... so many ideas....
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    I don't think it means dreams are linked by default. Having them in the same space/dimension/magical hand-wavey hoo-ha just allows the potential for shared dreams with outside help from a Nightmare or other such creature.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I don't think it means dreams are linked by default. Having them in the same space/dimension/magical hand-wavey hoo-ha just allows the potential for shared dreams with outside help from a Nightmare or other such creature.
    Oh. That works, I guess.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, since the "Dream plane" concept had yet to get a real name I just decided to give it a simple and clear name: "Dreamscape".
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

29. - Top - End - #959
    Titan in the Playground

Well, since the "Dream plane" concept had yet to get a real name I just decided to give it a simple and clear name: "Dreamscape".
    Kaal'ex is in this universe? Oh gods we're screwed!!!
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ettin in the Playground

..... I went on google and still have no idea what you just said. Unless you're refering to motorcycle companies and power plants.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░