New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

Rangolan (and possibly co.) is all ready to go. Just not sure how to slip them into the fey proceedings.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Well I was seeing a bidding war. The various fey fighting with offers to help Ember and to get another hoofhold in Equestria.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Well I was seeing a bidding war. The various fey fighting with offers to help Ember and to get another hoofhold in Equestria.
    "I restore estate, bring family to glory, and give you so much gold you swim in it like Scrooge Duck. Only three generations of firstborn, good deal, yes?"
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "I restore estate, bring family to glory, and give you so much gold you swim in it like Scrooge Duck. Only three generations of firstborn, good deal, yes?"
    "That be a good deal. He didnae even ask for ye sight, make ye bake a cake, or for ye ta be a Summer Knight, or nothing."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

5. - Top - End - #995
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mindfreak I think you missed the latest post about Aisis
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ettin in the Playground

So, watched the first 6 episodes of S3, the last of ehich being sleepless in Pomyville. I thought "Cool, a dream based episode. How ironic."..... I had no idea that Luna being a dreamwalker was canon! Damn. I just thought "Well, her name was Nightmare Moon, and nightmares are dreamwalkers, so maybe she has a fling as one or something?" I had no idea that her domain over the night was so broad. I'm going to have to reevaluate how much of a threat Phex would be if Luna actually takes the time to fix the dreams of normal random ponies just drifting about (Sure there are alot more dream related problems now, not to mention natural occuring nightmares, but it's still definetely increasing his "Heat").

Well, you learn something new everyday. Should have a post up by tommorow, just been feeling really tired/drifty today.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

7. - Top - End - #997

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Mindfreak I think you missed the latest post about Aisis
    Eeyup.
    I'll get to it after school
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

Can we get a count of the herp-derp vamponies that are still on their hooves, and a general idea of how close the cube is to breaching the entrance?

EDIT: Doesn't have to be exact in either case (moreso the latter than the former), but a general idea would help.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-12-18 at 03:13 PM.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Troll in the Playground

yes, next post, after I do some math...and stuff...and re read posts

cough

'>_>

<_<;

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ettin in the Playground

Yo Benson. What does the shadow actually do?

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Yo Benson. What does the shadow actually do?
    well, its cold, and invading of personal space.

The gear thing and her pain is related to something else.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    well, its cold, and invading of personal space.

The gear thing and her pain is related to something else.
    Huh. Okay. Thought they were related. Was wondering if ole' Silver should be inflicted the same thing or not.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Huh. Okay. Thought they were related. Was wondering if ole' Silver should be inflicted the same thing or not.
    yea, he has not been afflicted with what Gear's got, he's good.

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Troll in the Playground

So Orzel, what actually did happen to Ember? I'm on the uncertain side. Was he transformed into a puppy? xD....

That would be........cute. Hnnng.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

So Orzel, what actually did happen to Ember? I'm on the uncertain side. Was he transformed into a puppy? xD....

That would be........cute. Hnnng.
    She just glamoured him to have heighten senses and minor spell resistance....

and made everything look prettiful in his eyes.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Troll in the Playground

I thought the traps were floor based...ah well.....

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

They are. The trap itself is under the pews, it's just that every last rock the pews are touching or part of has been soaked in super-flammable oil.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Lone Star had a brief urge to fly in and kiss him himself as a joke but immediately squashed it and walked into the other room to give the two some privacy.
    I suddenly have a vision of a noodle incident between the two.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

Uh, Orzel? Methinks you missed what just happened in Benson's latest post.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Uh, Orzel? Methinks you missed what just happened in Benson's latest post.
    Methinks my Delete key need to be fixed.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

21. - Top - End - #1011

....Is it just me or Benson's doing a job like... 50 times better than mine at setting a villain as a threat?

I mean, I think the entire group I sent is kinda underpowered so players can actually win against them and because Mystic told me it was OP (which I started doubting after she pretty much said that a GIANT army-eating worm would be helping the good guys, would be hard-to-kill even by the high-ranking dark army dudes yet only was as strong as cavalry, which confused me even more), but he's making his whole vampony-clan-thing a LOT worse than my entire army thing and I dunno why
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Troll in the Playground

Hey kelvin360. Whatever happened to Daniel being quite out of it and his adrenaline escaping/leaving him? Being on unsteady hooves, all parts of him shaking, tears being blinked out of his eyes, being a gibbering mess, etc.?

Its like right after that he somehow forgot he wasn't at his peak form and returned to being at his peak form for no discernible reason. Its like the realistic-ness of him losing his energy after so much combat meant nothing/didn't happen. Since he continued on like nothing to perform super stunts, firing multiple arrows, performing acrobatic feats that would take a top form to do so. "Jumping and rolling over pews like a the god of free-running" as it was put, etc. How? Did consistency get a power house twirl kick to the lungs?

And no, "Bard" won't cut it as an answer.
    ==========

@ Luka

You see him as a threat? I surprise myself. I see him as a punk who needs a willow switch to the flank.

Or a stake to the chest. EITHER OR BOTH AT ONCE.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-12-22 at 02:30 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

It's less that Daniel is currently in his top form and more that he's managed to patch his mental state back together. Mostly. The gibbering and LSD fun-time was totally psychological, and while he's not at peak (thanks to injuries), after that he's only fought vampires who're either janitors or incapaciated (the gang rush, Clod). If I may...

Since he continued on like nothing to 2perform super stunts, 1firing multiple arrows, 2performing acrobatic feats that would take a top form to do so. 3"Jumping and rolling over pews like a the god of free-running" as it was put, etc.
    1. Honestly, he can fire multiple arrows in his sleep. He doesn't need to be at maximum capacity for that.
    2. I'm not quite sure what that means, but if you're referring to the backflip, that's not supremely difficult for someone with a height advantage normally, and given how agile Daniel is under the worst circumstances...
    3. I'll take the heat for that one, but I'd like to point out that the overstatement was intended to be humorous.

Also, that mental breakdown from earlier coupled with the strain of those last-ditch healing efforts knocked him way down with the prevention of any more songs (for this fight, at least), putting him essentially down to 'Normal, but skilled' status. Without any of that, and if Spectre is half as good as his superior minions, Daniel is about to get his rear handed to him on a shiny platter. Unless Specky does something incredibly stupid like jump directly on top of him.

Which is the plan, of course, to make a distraction. To answer your question, no, there aren't shenanigans going down, just normal Feathergrin having decided to not mess around, and being demoted from lightning bruiser to fragile speedster. Keep in mind that a solid super-strength hit (which, to my knowledge, hasn't happened yet) is going to effectively end him.

As for exactly WHY he got out of the insanity rut so quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by Biography Dated Six Months Prior
    Cutie Mark: ”A crossed arrow and lute over a smiley face."
    A full third of his special talent is entirely dedicated to making his optimism unbreakable. Granted, it's very cracked now, but his psyche had failsafes against being completely overwhelmed.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

Chiming into the conversation no-jutsu!

I can see where both of ya'll are coming from here. Removing the bard's ability to...well, bard, is a pretty big shot in the kneecaps to the character. And I totally agree that he won't last more than one good strike from anything in his state.

On the other hoof, apart from noticing that he isn't singing anymore, it's really hard to tell that he's in that state from reading the posts. There's no physical indication that he's fighting on his last legs, beyond things that he isn't doing, such as super-crazy freerunning bouncy-bounce arrow shenanigans. Even a little shakiness here and there, a little panting, that'd go a long way to showing his physical state. Heck, even a few cracks/signs of forcing his "always happy" veneer would work too. Just something that actively shows his state, rather than passively shows it by omission.

2-4-1 EDIT:

@Luka: It's a combination of things, really. Several characters have a personal stake (badum-tish) in seeing him fall, beyond the whole "we're the good guys" shtick. Over the course of this dungeon, he's revealed himself to be nothing less than a soulless monster, whose grand designs and machinations were simply a mask of sanity and civility. Throw in a Heroic Sacrifice by a well-liked NPC, and you have a character who you can't help but hate his guts.

In addition, the heroes aren't fighting him at 100%. They've been worn down by his entire vampony mini-horde, and the psychological trauma he's been purposefully inflicting on them. Thus, even though they could probably take him in a fair fight with some difficulty, now it's a tense action sequence to see if they can really pull through in the final round.

In other words, it's a well-designed boss encounter. Even if his scope is bullying the local candy store owner into giving him free sweets, if it's set up and executed well, it can feel just as dramatic and threatening as any world-ending villain.

...okay, bit of hyperbole there, but you get my point.

@Vampony Fight: I'll post once it's clear where Staccata fumble-hits.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-12-22 at 09:41 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well I did right those games down in that letter you tore up, I could....still be up for those..."
    He waggled a brow at her and grinned, and then stared at the cards and then at his hooves. "I have no idea how I'm to play cards."
    Magnetic hooves, obviously.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

@MCerberus: I think we're waiting on Staccata with the vamponies.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Firbolg in the Playground

*looks at time stamps*

you pinkie'd my post by telling me to post the post I was posting.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    *looks at time stamps*

you pinkie'd my post by telling me to post the post I was posting.

We need to go deeper!

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Dwarf in the Playground

By the way, Ember might want to kind of do something.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

I fully expect folks to be sparse in the next few days with Christmas and all that. That's not me stating the obvious, that's a direct order.

Go, shoo, get out, the lot of you! Have fun with friends and family! Eat candy 'till you pass out! Enjoy the snow if you're lucky enough to have it! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Kwanza, and a Joyous Festivus to all!

Spoiler
    Show