New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

What? they're too strong? or I made them strong enough already?
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    What? they're too strong? or I made them strong enough already?
    I was just commenting on how absurdly overpowered the PCs and enemy are compared to apparent power and skills of the NPC guards. (Or maybe I am playing them too weak.)

Would have to bring in the cavalry if they get smacked around a little too much though.
    Last edited by Grif; 2013-01-10 at 02:40 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, if they get in too much trouble, I've got incoming cavalry of a sort.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Semi-PC Guards Capers
    Snowflake watched in horror as her colleague, West Wind, got sliced and skewered before her very eyes. Poor guy would never get to see his kids now.
    And this is why I'm not a fan of combat for combat's sake.

With how strong the Captain supposedly is, it wouldn't be such a big deal to bump up the guards' power level just a bit. Give them some fierce boot camp with how much they've been getting knocked around.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #1085

I mostly planned on using the guards (or that guard) as an attempt to use a sacrificial lamb or lion-trope, but I mostly though of picturing PCs as special forces-like or videogame character-like, at least my characters.

actually, I think the hippogrif and the griffon may be the "calvary", I mean, the hipogriff can throw lightnings around and cause tornadoes, the griffing's extremely strong, immune to telekinesis, fear effects and all he does when stabbed with the attacker's enhanced sword is to bleed out.

I've been.... more or less thinking about making a "mission" where the guard could get at least some of the ore where the village was once. Also that the attackers could use survivors to go back to the guard and spread the word, so maybe Flameshield could be alive, and I don't think Snowflake would get stomped either... At least not until Luka gets beaten to an inch of his life protecting her =P.

Don't forget the attackers also got a no-pain buff earlier.
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-10 at 03:11 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Troll in the Playground

My apologies but I haven't really been following this little battle. But its taking place in a 'random alley' right? Tornadoes and lightning bolts being thrown around an I'm sure there's some collateral damage going on.

I wonder if I should throw the nearby populace into a panic, otherwise, it just makes it seem like they're having this fight in a separate dimension of space and kills suspension of belief faster than these baddies to NPC guards.

7. - Top - End - #1087

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    My apologies but I haven't really been following this little battle. But its taking place in a 'random alley' right? Tornadoes and lightning bolts being thrown around an I'm sure there's some collateral damage going on.

I wonder if I should throw the nearby populace into a panic, otherwise, it just makes it seem like they're having this fight in a separate dimension of space and kills suspension of belief faster than these baddies to NPC guards.
    I think that would be k.... And maybe fitting for a way for Doth to get publicity or something like that....
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh most definitely. It probably sounds/looks like the raising of hell or Discord-ish shenanigans or something similarly terrifying.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Titan in the Playground

On the fight, the villain mooks will probably want to ignore the relatively non-threatening guards for the moment and deal with the bigger PC threats. So the town mooks will probably be alright. Mostly.

Re Vamponies: I think I'ma wait for Benson here, the Captain's word will affect how fussy Sandy is. Also, I'm amused at how completely he managed to deflect the whole glamour issue after somepony finally noticed.

10. - Top - End - #1090

Well.... Last time they were fighting guards, the guards overwhelmed them, they would just kind of block a "zerg rush", and stop the guards from doing that again, besides the two fighting the guards are the weakest ones of the mooks.
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-10 at 10:37 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

Humorous Thoughts Entry:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Cue the horrible healing machine of Mach.)
    .o0OHow many times are you people going to forget that you have a guy back on the ship who can outclass freaking Celestia power-for-power when he's healing someone?! O0o.

...I am of course exaggerating significantly.

'Codex' Entries (For Context and 'cuz I'm bored) -

Spoiler
    Show
    Advanced Regenerative Magical Reinforcement, A.K.A. 'Limbzoning'

Among the more exotic forms of magic known in Equestria, the exceedingly rare sub-school of Healing/Life known commonly (if at all) as 'Limbzoning' is, if not the most disastrous (unlike true mastery of Naturakinesis or Force) or even technically the most powerful, among the most impressive forms of magic in existance.

Requiring a great deal of willpower, concentration, and focus in the field of general healing, this type of magic revolves around a combination of both stereotypical 'healing' energy and evocationism. An individual who has lost a large piece of their body (or even entire limbs, thus the nickname) can visit such a pony and, such the healer in question oblige, become infused with what is essentially a double sequencer spell.

While the specific methods vary, the result is nearly always a complete reformation of the lost body parts in question. While to the brain, body, and instinct, the limb or chunk is exactly the same as it used to be, the magic itself does not recreate the exact limb. Instead, it uses advanced regeneration based on reliant memories in the brain to make a brand new one to the same specifications.

For this reason, it is impossible to recreate a limb that was never there (for example, loss of a leg via a birth defect or similar scenario) or grow a new head unless the individual in question had more than one to begin with.

There are also risks to consider. While limbzoning cannot worsen a patients condition, the act can be extremely dangerous for the healer. The life energy is taken directly from them, and thus the process can cause weakness, incapacitation, or death via the soul and magical essence itself being completely drained.

The Thunderguard of Silver Peak

While generally not either particularly well-liked nor exceedingly reviled as a species by their parent races, Hippogriffs nonetheless rarely have cause or opportunity to join the griffon or pony governments. However, due to their natural brute strength, as well as combining the best flight traits of both parents and weather magic, they are a force to be reckoned with, even individually.

For this reason, a select few have decided amongst themselves to form their own psuedo-empire, really more a monastery than anything, atop the old battle-graves of Silver Peak, as well as their own 'military'. The resulting force met with their first engagement fifty years ago during a conflict with a minor griffon tribe outside of the usual territories of their kind. The only recently-formed Thunderguard were outnumbered four to one in a long, bloody aerial battle.

The Thunderguard lost four junior members.

The griffon tribe lost all but ten of their warriors.

While initially viewed as a potential threat by the griffon territories, the Guard immediately began diplomatic relations to avoid further conflict, and took oaths to satisfy their feathered cousins. To this day, they adhere by the following -

1) They fight not when it would only be classified as a petty squabble.
    2) They will always act with honor and dedication, for even the lowliest of them reflects upon all the Guard
    3) They will always help a brother-in-wing (be they Griffons, Hippogriffs, and to a lesser extent pegasi) should they be in mortal danger.
    4) The exception to law 3 is that in a situation when two of those are fighting each other, the Guard in question either make absolutely certain that the side they choose is the honorable one, or quit the field before they draw steel.

Usually associated with paladins due to their social mores of chivalry, honor, and status as flying, plated bricks (their armor and weapons being made from a metal imbued with the properties of stormclouds, thus making it very light and, in the case of blades, capable of storing and discharging vast amounts of electricity), the Thunderguard see themselves as more akin to watchers, albeit ones very capable in battle.

The criteria for joining is only that they can fight, do not give up during training, are a Hippogriff (Griffon and Pegasi Thunderguard are very, VERY rare), and have some grasp of storm magic. To this day, their training methods are a close secret, but there is no doubt that they are effective. When a eagle/pony hybrid with a lightning bolt emblazoned on their armor joins the fray, others of the wing tend to either rejoice mid-fight or flee in complete terror, depending on their side.

These are mostly just spitballing, though, not canon unless someone else says so.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    Humorous Thoughts Entry:
    Spoiler
    Show

.o0OHow many times are you people going to forget that you have a guy back on the ship who can outclass freaking Celestia power-for-power when he's healing someone?! O0o.

...I am of course exaggerating significantly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Advanced Regenerative Magical Reinforcement, A.K.A. 'Limbzoning'

Among the more exotic forms of magic known in Equestria, the exceedingly rare sub-school of Healing/Life known commonly (if at all) as 'Limbzoning' is, if not the most disastrous (unlike true mastery of Naturakinesis or Force) or even technically the most powerful, among the most impressive forms of magic in existance.

Requiring a great deal of willpower, concentration, and focus in the field of general healing, this type of magic revolves around a combination of both stereotypical 'healing' energy and evocationism. An individual who has lost a large piece of their body (or even entire limbs, thus the nickname) can visit such a pony and, such the healer in question oblige, become infused with what is essentially a double sequencer spell.

While the specific methods vary, the result is nearly always a complete reformation of the lost body parts in question. While to the brain, body, and instinct, the limb or chunk is exactly the same as it used to be, the magic itself does not recreate the exact limb. Instead, it uses advanced regeneration based on reliant memories in the brain to make a brand new one to the same specifications.

For this reason, it is impossible to recreate a limb that was never there (for example, loss of a leg via a birth defect or similar scenario) or grow a new head unless the individual in question had more than one to begin with.

There are also risks to consider. While limbzoning cannot worsen a patients condition, the act can be extremely dangerous for the healer. The life energy is taken directly from them, and thus the process can cause weakness, incapacitation, or death via the soul and magical essence itself being completely drained.

While generally not either particularly well-liked nor exceedingly reviled as a species by their parent races, Hippogriffs nonetheless rarely have cause or opportunity to join the griffon or pony governments. However, due to their natural brute strength, as well as combining the best flight traits of both parents and weather magic, they are a force to be reckoned with, even individually.

For this reason, a select few have decided amongst themselves to form their own psuedo-empire, really more a monastery than anything, atop the old battle-graves of Silver Peak, as well as their own 'military'. The resulting force met with their first engagement fifty years ago during a conflict with a minor griffon tribe outside of the usual territories of their kind. The only recently-formed Thunderguard were outnumbered four to one in a long, bloody aerial battle.

While initially viewed as a potential threat by the griffon territories, the Guard immediately began diplomatic relations to avoid further conflict, and took oaths to satisfy their feathered cousins. To this day, they adhere by the following -

2) They will always act with honor and dedication, for even the lowliest of them reflects upon all the Guard
    3) They will always help a brother-in-wing (be they Griffons, Hippogriffs, and to a lesser extent pegasi) should they be in mortal danger.
    4) The exception to law 3 is that in a situation when two of those are fighting each other, the Guard in question either make absolutely certain that the side they choose is the honorable one, or quit the field before they draw steel.

Usually associated with paladins due to their social mores of chivalry, honor, and status as flying, plated bricks (their armor and weapons being made from a metal imbued with the properties of stormclouds, thus making it very light and, in the case of blades, capable of storing and discharging vast amounts of electricity), the Thunderguard see themselves as more akin to watchers, albeit ones very capable in battle.

The criteria for joining is only that they can fight, do not give up during training, are a Hippogriff (Griffon and Pegasi Thunderguard are very, VERY rare), and have some grasp of storm magic. To this day, their training methods are a close secret, but there is no doubt that they are effective. When a eagle/pony hybrid with a lightning bolt emblazoned on their armor joins the fray, others of the wing tend to either rejoice mid-fight or flee in complete terror, depending on their side.

These are mostly just spitballing, though, not canon unless someone else says so.
    Maybe I should type up Songfighting's codex entry some time...
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Sounds like hippogriffs are insanely OP if they can fight everyone else to a standstill by sheer brute force. I mean, best of both worlds? Master race application is right here.

I usually tend to think of hybrids as being weaker in their specialties than both parent races, rather than being innately superior. (True born pegasi would demonstrate a finer grasp of weather magic, true born griffons would be stronger and more agile. Hippogriffs would fall somewhere below most of the time.) However, being a hybrid of course means you are more versatile.
    Last edited by Grif; 2013-01-11 at 02:31 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I see hippogriffs as equivalent to half-orcs
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

^^ Most of the information off their abilities is just what I remember from the race explanation in the Character Vault Topic (talent for storm magic, strength, half-and-half flight attributes...). Also, keep in mind that the Thunderguard aren't even allowed to fight until they complete their training, which turns them into elites at least. That is their greatest combat factor, not necessarily being HG's, though I will concur that the bit in question could use clarification, I certainly didn't intend for them to come off as a master race.

That particular fight was essentially a bunch of NPC-class Warriors vs. a smaller group of PC Stormlords. ...Actually, that's literally what it was.

^ So did I, actually, that's where the 'generally outsiders' idea comes from. Maybe not precisely in stats, but socially? Likely.
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2013-01-11 at 02:43 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ettin in the Playground

Fair enough. I tend not to think in D&D terms.

In my mind, the ThunderGuard won that fight through superior tactics, training, defensible position and just being better armed than the griffon rabble who attacked them.

Or as you say: NPC-class Warriors vs. a smaller group of PC Stormlords.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    I think that would be k.... And maybe fitting for a way for Doth to get publicity or something like that....
    Oh most definitely. It probably sounds/looks like the raising of hell or Discord-ish shenanigans or something similarly terrifying.
    alright, could I get a little bit more information on all that? pretty please with chaos on top? ^^

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

From an outside perspective:

A loud, echoing shriek, the faint sounds of battle. Then, barely minutes later, dark clouds begin to sweep in from next to nowhere. Lightning strikes, tornadoes begin to form like signs of the apocalypse. Then, another shriek, and a blast of thunder, like a signal of the demons themselves...

19. - Top - End - #1099

alright, could I get a little bit more information on all that? pretty please with chaos on top? ^^
    Collateral damage and scary stuff happening when they arrive, yet they only seem to attack specific targets (guards, random aventurers that pose a threat, etc) and have not attacked civvies (yet), also that through some other stuff they may be offering "to make the scary stuff they make help the ones that join them" or something, without the need of a princess and everyone having POWER and possibly being just a strong as one, not needing any alicorns then...

....Well at least that's what I was thinking to give them as reason for doing all the conquest-campaign stuff without it being just conquest, is most likely crappy though

Also, thinking at the moment on how to make the alley post.
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-11 at 09:28 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

I'll be delaying Sandy's action again; the blood-drinking isn't a done deal, but this would be the last chance to stop it.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I'll be delaying Sandy's action again; the blood-drinking isn't a done deal, but this would be the last chance to stop it.
    Not sure if I should react first.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Troll in the Playground

alrighty, so amish, when ya read this, yer last in with sandy shores~

also, a large part of me wants to wrap this up with a neat tidy bow soon. what would the gang ultimately do with the vamponies?

What would they try to do with the recently turned civvy vamps?

What would they try to do with the "veteran" vamps?

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Ettin in the Playground

To be honest? The Cirrus crew would likely let them go, with conditions. Equestria has many perils and a group of roving vamponies isn't that much of a threat. Especially if they promise to behave.

Civvie vamponies are likely to be handed over to the guards though, or given a choice to join their new brethrens.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Firbolg in the Playground

Staccata's view, if she's awake for it, will be that they've seen what happens when vamponies decide to start something and they're free from mind control. Also it seems the big vampony crime was making a crazy dictator mad before everypony realized just how crazy she was.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Titan in the Playground

I actually think that the crew would have to do something to ensure that something like Spectre never happens again. All things considered, this was a horrific night for everypony involved, terrible enough that some would want to ensure it would not be repeated by letting these guys go. On the other hoof, nopony wants to be judge, jury, and executioner for these guys when the only opinion we may have on their character would be from Zippity. The civvies would probably get off no trouble, the vets are the ones I'm not sure of. And even then, I'm not sure what all we can do to ensure their good behavior.

More will have to wait until I see how certain things play out, mainly the fate of Miss M.

*goes to post as Sandy*

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ettin in the Playground

Again, my apologies Luka. Didn't mean to send that scene to limbo.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

Daniel already has a plan for dealing with Zippity and the vets. It goes something like:

"Here's the thing. You'd not have been able to overthrow Spectre's insanity without us. The way I see it, you owe us a favor. See, there's this approaching army of darkness, and we could really use some help dealing with it. In exchange, you lot get to go your own ways with pardons."

We get a free superweapon group for the upcoming fight, they get to live how they like afterwards, everypony's happy.

Unless we all die anyway.

Gee, it really IS like collecting ME war assets!

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Dwarf in the Playground

By the way, Tychris, Blades is asleep and dreaming. Meddling in her dreams might not be the best idea, but if you want to, she's available.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    By the way, Tychris, Blades is asleep and dreaming. Meddling in her dreams might not be the best idea, but if you want to, she's available.
    Phex is done for the day, he'll be up and feasting the next night, but if he goes and bonks too many people in the head he's going to raise some suspicion. 2's a coincidence, 3's an accident, 4's a pattern. Or maybe it's 3's a pattern..... Eh.

Edit: No, Phex is not himself Evil. He's more Chaotic Neutral if anything (Albeit he's leaning against the wall towards evil due to his race and self serving behavior). It's just that the Nightmare race as a whole are created in a horrible, despicable and cruel process that pretty much makes the very molecules that compose a Nightmare be evil. Heck, a Nightmare could be the sweet, help old grannies across the street, and save puppies from orphanages, but it'll still be evil just by it's very race and nature. It's why Phex reacted so painfully to just getting a little close to it, it's anathema to him.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2013-01-14 at 12:18 AM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Troll in the Playground

Luka, you seemed to not have noticed my post involving the clinic Violet is in that had its titled enlarged as well.

Underneath the large bolded title is Violet being interacted with.