New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

Sounds like another gap open for manipulation
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Seems more like "self-defence", they were going to attack them
    Yeah...

"Forget about the other's location info, he's not giving in.... Kill em all"
    ...not even close to self-defense.

And what had the guards done at this point? Showed up to stop them from abducting the griffon, whom they were going to kill once they got the information they wanted. West Wind hadn't even attacked them before they brutally killed him; he'd merely kept them from bowling over the rest of the guards. Their job is to keep the peace in the town, and stopping (by lethal force if necessary) an attack on their superior by armed ponies is well within their job description. By contrast, the invaders have zero right to murder and kidnap at will.

Simply put, I see absolutely nothing redeemable or sympathetic about the attackers' actions.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-01-19 at 04:17 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #1203

I dunno, most of the sympathy I can find with them is that they're outnumbered

And I forgot about that part , yeah, but it wasn't so brutal he didn't even get the stabsplosion magic or sent into the air by a dark spike (not the dragon), but what I meant is that they're mostly attacking their targets and causing less collateral damage than the hippogrif, of course because the guard's power doesn't involve house-wrecking tentacles or making tornado storms
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Titan in the Playground

I dunno, most of the sympathy I can find with them is that they're outnumbered
    That's not quite what sympathy means. I was saying that their actions are strictly Evil and unjustifiable, not that I feel sorry for the beating they might be about to receive.

yeah, but it wasn't so brutal he didn't even get the stabsplosion magic or sent into the air by a dark spike (not the dragon)
    "We killed that guy in a way that was only slightly less painful than we were fully capable of. Clearly, we are saints."

but what I meant is that they're mostly attacking their targets and causing less collateral damage than the hippogrif, of course because the guard's power doesn't involve house-wrecking tentacles or making tornado storms
    And again, the fact that they're causing less property damage than the guys they are trying to murder doesn't earn them any points in my book. Lives are priceless; buildings are not.

The point I'm trying to make is that I'm genuinely baffled as to how you can see anything in these guys that is Good.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Dwarf in the Playground

Getting everyone to team up against you is actually not a sign that you're good, strange as it might seem. In fact, since they're clearly not the underdogs, it's more a sign that they're bad and taking a lot of effort to actually put down.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

6. - Top - End - #1206

Yeah, of course they're pretty mad, rather than good should be said that's pretty badass
    And rather, it's mostly making it less painful than it would have been, but yeah.

Besides, it's war, in war you pwn the enemies and it never changes, or does it? unless the war has changed, but did it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    The point I'm trying to make is that I'm genuinely baffled as to how you can see anything in these guys that is Good.
    Outnumbered, I usually end up cheering against the zergers and for the badasses that stand like a one-man army
    Of course, if the dark army attacks town it would be inverted
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Titan in the Playground

Besides, it's war, in war you pwn the enemies and it never changes, or does it? unless the war has changed, but did it?
    I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say here, so I'm just going to drop the whole thing.

Luka, you're going to want to go back and edit your last post some, because quite frankly, I don't understand half of what's going on. Namely:
    -You seemed to completely ignore what the hippogrif did with shooting the lightning. On top of that, I don't know what Verdant Blast is trying to do.
    -You seemed to completely ignore the griffon's actions of grappling the earth pony mare. Even if she's countering by trying to sunder his talons, she's still getting tackle-grappled and you should address the results of that action.
    -I don't know what the pegasus attacking Snowflake is trying to do, nor how she managed to recover so quickly.

I'm not trying to pick on you or anything, but I can't make a response post when I don't know what's going on, and you really need to pay attention to what others are doing.

8. - Top - End - #1208

...Wut? I though I addressed all that

-Red Earthie is slashing and the talons to stop him from grappling her AND disable him from trying to do that again.
    -Verdant would be trying to use the corrupted water to connect both halves of water the hippogriff separated for the lightning, AND control a tentacle to grab her, interrupt the lightning and smash her into the ground, but since the hippogriff would have her armor electrified, the tentacle would be destabilized, making Verdant have to concentrate and forget about the corrupted water, other tentacles and enemies that might jump onto him to keep the tentacle stabilized and driving the hippogriff into the ground (at least is kind of what I've been discussing with Kelvin so far)
    -The pegasus actually took a while to recover, she just tackled Snowflake and would be holding her sword to stab her, of course, not done yet in case someone wants to interrupt, like Hawk Shot, again.

Strange, I though I put more thought into this one than the previous ones
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ogre in the Playground

I think you forgot about this:

Lightning arcs from the tip of the sword, a dozen or more seperate bolts striking puddles, near the unicorn, or the unicorn herself.
    If anything, that concentration bit will make it even harder for her to avoid getting shocked by at least 8 bolts of electricity. Granted, each one isn't much worse than a slightly weak natural bolt, but I'd say it can add up.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

10. - Top - End - #1210

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    If anything, that concentration bit will make it even harder for her to avoid getting shocked by at least 8 bolts of electricity. Granted, each one isn't much worse than a slightly weak natural bolt, but I'd say it can add up.
    Ok, edited to cover that part, sorry
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ettin in the Playground

If anything, right now it probably looks like

Thunderbolt -> Dark Army -> Guards in order from most evilish to least. I mean, here's this huge walking apocalypse just destroying everything, only the Griffon might have a clue why she's actually there, and no one's noticed the bag like you said. Given that Luka's dire warning's haven't encircled the entire town (yet), the guards probably barely know who these people are.
    Wait, wait, wait.

How the heck the guards even rate on the Evil (tm) scale? They're supposed to be the Good Guys/Redshirts for Celestia's sake.

12. - Top - End - #1212

Cuz they're guards and they're using strength in quantity against my guys, and everyone knows there are less heroes than mooks (loljk)

Also, should I try to divide the scenes per attacker? or per fighting group (guards vs ruby and unicorn, Verdant vs hippogrif, etc?)
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    A life >>> property damage caused in a fight

Just something to keep in mind.
    Watch the movie Hancock. You'd be surprised at how much people care about their stuff after they are no longer in immediate danger.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Wait, wait, wait.

How the heck the guards even rate on the Evil (tm) scale? They're supposed to be the Good Guys/Redshirts for Celestia's sake.
    Well there're only three groups to even tier. I decided to put 'not at all' as the lowest ranking rather than excluding them entirely. Plus, it was intended to be facetiously amusing.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, wait, wait.

Flameshield littered that one time. He thought nopony saw.

BUT THE DM SEES ALL.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Troll in the Playground

Gonna wait on Orzel, and then maybe Grif though I don't feel like that will be a thing. *chin rub*

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gonna wait on Orzel, and then maybe Grif though I don't feel like that will be a thing. *chin rub*
    Managed to sneak in a post.

Also, a short compilation of named guards so far. Amish, would you be so kind to also name them OOCly so that we can just throw them into a pool of NPC/semi-PC characters that can be used as needed?

Captain (Also for adoption since Crisis21 left the RP. Currently played by Amish for most part. )
    Harten (For adoption since Deme gave up his character.)
    Tyrol
    Lemongrass
    Beayn Counter (Credits to MCerberus for this guy.)
    Snowflake (Token damsel in distress... not really.)
    Flameshield (Matyr of the day)
    Idle Chat (aka Idle Derp)
    Silent (Something, sorry Benson, his name escapes me.)
    Stormcloak (Lieutenant, second in command)
    Barrel Rig
    Crimson Dawn
    West Wind (RIP)
    Jetstone (Poor guy only gets a brief cameo)
    Hawk Shot
    Last edited by Grif; 2013-01-20 at 03:24 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Troll in the Playground

Managed to sneak in a post.

So I saw, along with Silverpine's teleportation as well

FYI everyone, there is a good distance from where the civvie vamps are at and where Spectre's old band of vamps, they're aren't ten feet away from each other as it seemed to be the case in two particular previous posts ;P

anyways Grif, Silent Snow is the mute fella's name. ^^'
    Last edited by Benson; 2013-01-20 at 03:26 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    So I saw, along with Silverpine's teleportation as well

FYI everyone, there is a good distance from where the civvie vamps are at and where Spectre's old band of vamps, they're aren't ten feet away from each other as it seemed to be the case in two particular previous posts ;P

anyways Grif, Silent Snow is the mute fella's name. ^^'
    Oh right. I better edit that part out then.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

Regarding the other two guards, I actually need to think of names for the two of them. Hawk Shot just sort of came to me, and I haven't been able to think of good names for the other two.

Here's hoping the random lightning hits Ruby, or that Hawk Shot can get off another arrow in time. Start a running gag of the pony always getting interrupted right before a lethal blow.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-01-20 at 12:23 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

Double-posting to ensure the question doesn't get lost:

@Luka: A question: Is Verdant Blast still up and casting magic after he gets zapped? If his concentration is blown by the tasing, then Hawk Shot wouldn't waste an arrow on him, and I'd have to reconsider her target.

22. - Top - End - #1222

Nope, he send an "automatic" spell at the tentacle to do it's thing, then collapsed
    Also remember the lightning bolts would be hitting pretty muc everyone now, Thunderbolt separated the water in 2, one for the attackers, the other for the guard, but Verdant connected both before the lightnings were casted, lessening it's intensity, possibly making it hit pretty much everyone in the place

....I really should organize my posts if they're that hard to read right now , gonne try next post, I think.

....Also, is it just me or the hippogrif's pretty much using unicorn-like magic? I mean, as far I know they're a mix of pegasus' magic and griffon's strength, but can they really control the rainwater like that?
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-20 at 12:53 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ogre in the Playground

She's using storm magic, which is an aspect of weather magic, which is innate to pegasi and rather common in hippogriffs. She can control the rainwater from a specific cloud because she created the cloud. And rainwater is merely the liquid state of the gaseous cloud in question.

To use another pony as an example, Obsidian Flare could melt an iron ingot into a pile of goo, but still control that goo, because her magic has power over metal, not solids. The physical state of the matter doesn't, well, matter, just what it's composed of in relation to your magical talent/focus.

EDIT: Also, Daniel's bluff isn't so much a 'blatant lie' as a strange occurrence. The Cirrus crew only recognizes it as such because they (sort of) know him. Heck, for all they know he's telling the truth.

Also, question for Grif: I didn't think to ask because I didn't think there was actually canon for this yet, but what is the ponyfied name for Equestria's FBI-equivalent? I may as well know now than later.
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2013-01-20 at 01:40 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Titan in the Playground

Nope, he send an "automatic" spell at the tentacle to do it's thing, then collapsed
    Ah, I see it now. My bad, I'll go and edit my post.

Also remember the lightning bolts would be hitting pretty muc everyone now, Thunderbolt separated the water in 2, one for the attackers, the other for the guard, but Verdant connected both before the lightnings were casted, lessening it's intensity, possibly making it hit pretty much everyone in the place
    I just assumed the lightning was going to be hitting everypony in the next round, as opposed to this one. When you have something like that happening to everybody in a scene, make sure to clearly announce the effects in its own seperate area, like this:

*other stuff happens*

"Everybody would feel a sudden jolt as electricity surged through them, slowing their movements and stunning the weak."
    ....I really should organize my posts if they're that hard to read right now , gonne try next post, I think.
    Organization would help, though the bit with Verdant Green and his spellcasting was on me. I should've noticed that he was taken out before having Hawk Shot shoot at him.

I'll post some general tips of writing DM-style posts later on.

EDIT: So, you could disable the hippogrif's lightning by dousing him with a bucket of tap water?
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-01-20 at 01:39 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Troll in the Playground

EDIT: Also, Daniel's bluff isn't so much a 'blatant lie' as a strange occurrence. The Cirrus crew only recognizes it as such because they (sort of) know him. Heck, for all they know he's telling the truth.
    Clover is a particular sort who made a life out of lying, its just his way of thinking.

Also, question for Grif: I didn't think to ask because I didn't think there was actually canon for this yet, but what is the ponyfied name for Equestria's FBI-equivalent? I may as well know now than later.
    This isn't FBI related, but I figured I'd throw it out there anywhere for others.

The CIA has the LIA, Luna's Intelligence Agency, centered in Canterlot with a large branch in Manehatten. Mostly bought off by one Balboa Shag.

26. - Top - End - #1226

She's using storm magic, which is an aspect of weather magic, which is innate to pegasi and rather common in hippogriffs. She can control the rainwater from a specific cloud because she created the cloud. And rainwater is merely the liquid state of the gaseous cloud in question.

To use another pony as an example, Obsidian Flare could melt an iron ingot into a pile of goo, but still control that goo, because her magic has power over metal, not solids. The physical state of the matter doesn't, well, matter, just what it's composed of in relation to your magical talent/focus.
    Strange, I've never knew pegasi could control the rainwater like that, only the clouds, winds, rays and the water a bit while still in the air
    I mean, Obsidian Flare controls it because it's metal and earth's her domain, but if it was like that then Night Jewel could control pretty much everything solid, from moving gears and opening doors to twisting bones and just plain stop hearts because they work like mechanisms, seems like a bit overbranching to me

@Amish Yeah, I think next round then
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-20 at 02:59 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

Strange, I've never knew pegasi could control the rainwater like that, only the clouds, winds, rays and the water a bit while still in the air
    I mean, Obsidian Flare controls it because it's metal and earth's her domain, but if it was like that then Night Jewel could control pretty much everything solid, from moving gears and opening doors to twisting bones and just plain stop hearts because they work like mechanisms, seems like a bit overbranching to me
    She could, actually. Any unicorn can, in theory. Telekinesis is the singular 'universal' school, which is why all unicorns have it. The problem with that last one though is that very complicated organisms are ludicrously hard to manipulate, and things like muscles and organs are the worst of all.

Don't think of it as manipulating rainwater. Thing of it as transmuting a cloud and then controlling that.

Also, if Jewel's focus is actual mechanisms rather than aforementioned universal magic, then unless she's studied all her life to actuall control 'mechanisms' within a living body, that's just not happening. There's a different between solid/liquid and lock/heart.

That's also what can make Stellar an utter nightmare to fight. Her focuses are Force and Telekinesis, the former meaning badness if her opponent is corporeal, and the latter meaning she isn't limited by focus for what she can lift/manipulate. Of course, she also has a psychological block against telekinetically moving anything unless she's incredibly ticked off.
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2013-01-20 at 05:42 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1228

um... Remeber pegasi need a factory to make clouds, right? I don't recall pegasi having the ability to control water like that, only in the air as un the ground it turns to the "water" domain, just like the difference between airborne snow and ice , what I'm saying is she's using unicorn-like magic, and it doesn't even seem possible for hippogrifs being just a mix of pegasi and griffons, in-fact seems like an underpowered alicorn thing.

....I don't know what "transmuting" is, all I know of magic is blasting, casting, mana, buff and debuff

...And why would it be that complicated? just put telekinesis in that leg and pull/twist/something, easier when the speciality is mechanisms since they would be technically "mechanisms", it's kinda what I meant, it's overbranching, it's like making Luka immune to magic-affected objects (including telekinetic houses) because of his defensive ability against magic
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Fallout incarnation of Night Jewel actually does use her powers to manipulate bones, but there's a difference between that version of her and the version used here. This incarnation doesn't know how to do such things and wouldn't if she did.

Anyway, I don't really see what to object to about a pegasus stretching the definitions of their power to manipulate water. If they're clever enough to figure it out, good for them. At least there's a justification. Unlike, say, unexplained light powers in a pegasus.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

30. - Top - End - #1230

They're explained by training and metals, that's more than enough, besides wind magic.
    The point is that Thunderbolt is almost literaly using unicorn magic by moving rainwater like that, that's more water magic than storm magic because.... You know, all water (except underground water...to an extent) is technically rainwater, can be turned into clouds and stuff (though pegasi need factories for that), practically is the same thing an unicorn with water-talent would do, that's kinda what I meant with overbranching, but if it's ok then it's ok, though didn't know characters could be played around to make that sort of things....
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show