New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] OOC 3: Eccentric Cheerilee

Frankly, a majority of the magic my characters use has a lot more to do with ingenuity than technicality. Thunderbolt can't control all water, even if it was also rainwater, because she didn't make it. It would be like the difference between changing the prices of wares in a company you own versus someone elses' company. McDonalds can't alter monetary flow with Jack-in-the-Box because while they both sell burgers, they aren't owned by the same person/people.

And while pegasi are shown to produce clouds in a factory, where do the raw elements come from that make up the process? The most basic level of the creation would have to involve something besides 'the machines did it'. And pegasi being able to mold/destroy/manipulate clouds individually (As shown by Rainbow Dash in Wonderbolts Academy and Luna Eclipsed, plus the very concept of a weather pony) wouldn't make any sense unless they all had an invisible technologial device made by, say, the unicorns (which I'd say was disproved around Hearth's Warming Eve due to the old times' animosity between the races, as cloud cities go back much further) or an innate form of magic that allows them to do so.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Barbarian in the Playground

As far I remember from the ep with the factory, it did have machines, if they worked as magitech I dunno, plus pegasi magic do even need to touch th clouds to move them, like full-contact magic, not tapping an armor, even less doing it from a distance, that's an unicorn thing.
    See, the main problem is that Thunderbolt's magic is slightly overbranched and goes a bit into unicorn magic, she may control the rainwater, but just like that?
    It's not ingenuity, is pretty much going over other domains through technical relations, does a "weather control" spell have the ability of controlling the rainwater on the ground?
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Titan in the Playground

I'm a bit too busy to properly comment on this, so I'll have to come back later and address this. For now, I'd stick as close as you can to what's in the show, and don't plan other characters off this interpretation of weather magic until we have it ironed out.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll say that throughout the show, though Rainbow Dash has been shown to control clouds and what-not, she has not shown any ability to control water on the ground itself. And her control appears to be quite crude at best, with her drenching Twilight in a hail of rainwater and later accidentally striking Applejack with a stray thunderbolt when she left the cloud unattended.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Dwarf in the Playground

Say, fairy folks? Could you slow down a bit? I'm waiting for Benson, and I'd rather you not leave me behind so much.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Titan in the Playground

Just wanting to be sure I get this right, but the "barrel" of a pony is things like their gut, right? Heart and such is in the chest, which is closer to the forelegs if I recall correctly.

It's been a while since I've looked at a chart, and when it's dealing with damage, it's important to note.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

In light of recent consideration (and if everyone is amenable to it), I'm willing to rescind my previous action and change it thusly - a focused blast of wind. Fortunately, with the water all having been already reconnected after the reconsidered action in question, no one else will have to change anything because nothing technically different will have come of it.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    In light of recent consideration (and if everyone is amenable to it), I'm willing to rescind my previous action and change it thusly - a focused blast of wind. Fortunately, with the water all having been already reconnected after the reconsidered action in question, no one else will have to change anything because nothing technically different will have come of it.
    Excuse me for not following this as closely as I should have, but what action are you exactly replacing with this?

9. - Top - End - #1239

My apologies, everypony.
    I'm going into a place with 0 Internet access for the whole day >.<
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Excuse me for not following this as closely as I should have, but what action are you exactly replacing with this?
    The 'controlling the rainwater to seperate two groups of water on the ground' bit. Essentially they'd have the same effect (albiet wind will be harder to aim and probably leave a lot more puddles in between) and with the unicorn having reconnected the water zones anyway...

11. - Top - End - #1241

Sorry for the late edit, been discussing the scene via PM and there was a a problem with the lightning speed of hitting.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Firbolg in the Playground

Taking a look at posts now, have THE PLAGUE (the flu everyone is saying is apocalyptic this year)
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Taking a look at posts now, have THE PLAGUE (the flu everyone is saying is apocalyptic this year)
    Eesh. Hope you feel better soon. *dispenses with chicken soup*

You may want to double-check the griffon's actions in the alley. Stray, weakened lightning is zapping just about everything.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Troll in the Playground

I find myself much to derp sleepy to get in a meaty post that is expected from me in the main thread.....I won't be able to get in a post until tonight after work, as right now, I really need that hour of sleep before I head to work. My apologies for the delay.

I hate Tuesdays.

15. - Top - End - #1245

Waiting on the griffon edit, he doesn't seem to react to electricity yet
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Troll in the Playground

Hey Orzel, so for Ember, when does the colorless sight kick in? Is is afterward when they finalize the contract....otherwise...I've been playing him a little on the 'wrong' side, in a manner of speaking.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Titan in the Playground

@MCerberus: Did the lightning affect the griffon at all? I feel like I missed something.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    @MCerberus: Did the lightning affect the griffon at all? I feel like I missed something.
    Well it pretty much foiled his plans for last round, but between the general description of it weakening, splitting between targets, and a fort save not that much.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Well it pretty much foiled his plans for last round, but between the general description of it weakening, splitting between targets, and a fort save not that much.
    Alright. It was still strong enough to drop guards and enemies alike for last round and this one, so make sure you keep that in mind along with the blow to the head this round. The griffon's tough and all, but it seems like nothing's slowing him down in the slightest.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

Is anyone available to take over as a doctor in the clinic? I think Idle is still running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ettin in the Playground

Is anyone available to take over as a doctor in the clinic? I think Idle is still running around like a chicken with its head cut off.
    Which doctor do you want? We have a couple: crackpot, world-weary and megalomaniacal.

22. - Top - End - #1252

*Pokes Grif to Schoolhouse of Terror*
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Which doctor do you want? We have a couple: crackpot, world-weary and megalomaniacal.
    I think that second one would be the best.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

I think that second one would be the best.
    I have a doctor!

And a nurse who's been driven insane by LS, FT and IT's constant visits!
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I have a doctor!

And a nurse who's been driven insane by LS, FT and IT's constant visits!
    Too late!

Well, not really. This one would gladly hand over responsibilities to said doctor.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I believe there are more characters in medical professions in these RP that any else. Well after military and law enforcement.

"Is drinking a profession? I'm sure... there are more drinkers than doctors and nurseseses in this town."

No. Drinking is not a profession. You are a military officer.

"I don wanna. What about a... a fl-flirt? I see 3 flirts right therrrr. Handsome ones. And me makes... makes 4."

You're standing in front of a mirror. And you're drunk.

"No, you're drunk! Besides... I'm a doctor. Doctor Love. The Love doctor."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Hey Orzel, so for Ember, when does the colorless sight kick in? Is is afterward when they finalize the contract....otherwise...I've been playing him a little on the 'wrong' side, in a manner of speaking.

quoted and reposted for a response

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    His contract is he goes colorblind for as long as he control the pooka Reaper gave him. So the second he orders them to do anything, he sees in black and white until he releases their services.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    I believe there are more characters in medical professions in these RP that any else. Well after military and law enforcement.

"Is drinking a profession? I'm sure... there are more drinkers than doctors and nurseseses in this town."

No. Drinking is not a profession. You are a military officer.

"I don wanna. What about a... a fl-flirt? I see 3 flirts right therrrr. Handsome ones. And me makes... makes 4."

You're standing in front of a mirror. And you're drunk.

"No, you're drunk! Besides... I'm a doctor. Doctor Love. The Love doctor."
    It's more of a running joke rather than anything intentional.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    His contract is he goes colorblind for as long as he control the pooka Reaper gave him. So the second he orders them to do anything, he sees in black and white until he releases their services.
    Alright, thank you, this clears it up.
    ======

also, heey halftangible....don't forget the haybale/balboa stuff