New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Default A New Base Class: The Cardcaptor (Discussion Thread)

WARNING: Please post in this thread, as there is so much that I'm posting for this, it wouldn't fit into the original post count I used (and that's saying something, since the normal limit is something like 50000 characters), forcing me to make an Organized List Thread. Thanks for understanding! Organized List Thread is HERE!

So I've been looking all over this forum and a few others, and it seems like nobody has made a Cardcaptor Sakura class system. To solve this, I propose my own which I've been working on for a while. Please tell me what you think.

So without further adieu, I give you, The Cardcaptor.

NOTE: Clow is pronounced "Crow."

Note: This is still a work in progress. I am still making the spell list for the class, the rest of the class features, the skill list, and the attribute specialization. Any help would be appreciated.

Changelog:
    Spoiler
    Show
    7/10/13: Added abilities to The Shield, the Lock, the Power, the Jump.
    7/9/2013: Added New Class Features.
    7/8/2013: Reposted in new "Organized List" Thread. Added Clow abilities and Sakura Abilities for the Illusion and the Flower. Converted original thread into Discussion thread. Added Clow abilities for the Song and the Voice.
    3/27/2013: Back again. Added Stat block for The Sword. Added note about pronunciation of the word "Clow." Added Clow abilities and stat blocks to Windy, Watery, Earthy, & Firey.
    10/14/2012: I'm back baby! MAJOR UPDATE!!! Added a description for every card. Now working on Stat blocks.
    7/2/2012: MAJOR UPDATE!!! Added multiple cards info to the Card Section.
    6/20/2012: Edited Card activation under Bird Sealing Wand;
    6/18/2012: Relocated costume descriptions to 3rd post; added Tomoyo Daidōji to Character section, Sakura Kinomoto; Updated Class abilities, etc.; Added Feats section to third post; Alpha Spell List Posted
    6/17/2012: 1st post; 2nd post; 3rd post.
    Last edited by Getsugaru; 2013-07-10 at 04:13 PM.
    Incarnum: VoP's best (and possibly only) friend.
    Spoiler: Quotes and Fun Links
    Show
    Spoiler: Quotes:
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Actually I got it from you, I just love how many applications it has. It can be oh so broken.

Formerly Lestroisrois. Shorten my new name however you wish; I've seen plenty.

2. - Top - End - #2

Chimera

Default You can Post Now...

You can post now, if you want...

Please, no trolling...
    Show
    Show
    Actually I got it from you, I just love how many applications it has. It can be oh so broken.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: A New Base Class: The Cardcaptor

When you do special thongs, one must wear special clothes.
    Emphasys mine.

While I understand that the series as a clamp series was (softly) into almost every kind of perversion that's common, and while the mistype was fairly amusing considering that, I think you should correct this.
    My Homebrew
    5e - The Artificer (of Alancia)
    AGE of Darkness, converting World of Darkness to AGE
    Dungeons & Dark Souls, bringing the Souls universe to your 5e

My DMs Guild products

4. - Top - End - #4

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by DiBastet View Post
    Emphasys mine.

While I understand that the series as a clamp series was (softly) into almost every kind of perversion that's common, and while the mistype was fairly amusing considering that, I think you should correct this.
    Oh My gosh, that's a big mistake...

Thank you for telling me about that. I've changed it. Talk about an embarrassing typo...
    Show
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5

Chimera

1st Update. See Changelog for more information...
    Show
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

what are the cards' powers?

7. - Top - End - #7

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by drew2u View Post
    what are the cards' powers?
    Though I am working on the powers, I need to find a way to both put in and separate paragraphs in a table. If anyone knows how to do that, I'd be grateful for the know-how to do it...

To give you a bit of a sampling of what I've got, here's two cards which, while unfinished, do have basic stats for both powers and active forms.

The Dash:
    Stat Block: same as cat with a few differences: Higher base land speed, Card Powers(ex), etc.

Clow Power: Can cast Expeditious Retreat on Cardcaptor who uses card at will, does not stack...

Sakura Power: Still working on it, either Mass version, MUCH higher speed boost, or maybe both...

The Sweet:
    Stat Block: Basically the same as Pixie with a few differences: no sleep arrows, Card Powers(ex), etc.

Clow Power: Create Food and Water at will...

Sakura Power: Can cast Heroes' Feast once per day.

What do you think?
    Show
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8

Chimera

I'm currently Working on a Spell List for this class, and have made the Alpha List. I plan to cut out many of them, but before I do, I thought I should ask you what you think. Please note that some of the spells on the list are just there to help me remember the abilities of some of the cards, so if you see a spell that looks like it's just a restatement of a Card's Effect, don't worry about it.

Anyways, here's the Alpha List.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arcane:
    0-lvl: Prestidigitation; Read Magic; Dancing Lights; Daze; Flare; Ghost Sound; Know Direction: Light; Lullaby; Mage Hand; Mending; Open/Close; Resistance; Acid Splash; Detect Poison; Daze; Ray of Frost; Disrupt Undead; Touch of Fatigue; Message; Arcane Mark; Minor Disguise; Stick; Caltrops; Electric Jolt; Sonic Snap; Silent Portal; Launch Bolt; Launch Item; Repair Minor Damage;
    1st-lvl: Focusing Chant; Enlarge Person; Nerveskitter; Ray of Clumsiness; Expeditious Retreat; Reduce Person; Feather Fall; Guided Shot; Sniper's Shot; True Casting; True Shot; Karmic Aura; Ray of Enfeeblement; Silent Image; Color Spray; Lesser Orb of Fire/Cold/Acid/Electricity;
    2nd-lvl: Bear's Endurence; Bull's Strength; Cat's Grace; Eagle's Splendir; Fox's Cunning; Owl's Wisdom; Quick Potion; Jaws of Moray; Levitate; Rope Trick; Heroics; Knock; Heart of Air; Balancing Lorecall; Chain of Eyes; Detect Thoughts; Spymaster's Coin; Know Vulnerabilities; Arcane Turmoil; Seeking Ray; Bigsby's Warding Hand; Frost Breath; Gust of Wind; Ray of Ice; Slapping Hand; Scorching Ray; Force Ladder; False Life; Ray of Weakness; Stolen Breath; Ray of Stupidity; Invisibility; Blinding Color Surge; Mirror Image;
    3rd-lvl: Magic Circle against Evil/Good/Chaos/Law; Alter Fortune; Primal Senses; Mage's Armor, Greater; Haste; Slow; Fly; Celestial Aspect; Shrink Item; Heart of Water; Battlemagic Perception; Unluck; Scrying; Listening Coin; Anticipate Teleportation; Karmic Backlash; Disobedience; Great Thunderclap; Manyjaws; Blacklight; Ray of the Python; Prismatic Mist; Ray of Exhaustion; Curse of Impeding Blades, Mass; Halt Undead; Ray of Dizziness; Phantasmal Strangler; Vertigo Field; Invisibility Sphere;
    4th-lvl: Celerity; Assay Spell Resistance; Wings of Flurry; Vortex of Teeth; Evard's Black Tentacles; Orb of Fire/Acid/Cold/Electricity/Force; Displacer Form; Heart of Earth; Perfect Summons; Voice of the Dragon; Spell Enhancer; Arcane Eye; Identify Transgressor?; Legend Lore; Dimensional Anchor; Wall of Evil/Good/Chaos/Law; Ice Storm; Crushing Grip; Otiluke's Resilient Sphere; Defenestrating Sphere; Enervattion; Fear; Burning Blood; Greater Mirror Image; Shadow Conjuration; Shadow Well; Greater Invisibility;
    5th-lvl: Arcane Fusion; Undying Vigor of the Dragonlords; Draconic Polymorph; Telekinesis; Lord of the Sky; Greater Enlerge Person; Lightning Leap; Heart of Fire; Airy Water; Zone of Peace; Draconic Flight; Prying Eyes; Scry Location; Refusal; Spell Theft; Wall of Force; Channelled Sonic Blast; Sending; Spiritwall; Magic Jar; Channelled Lifetheft; Opalescent Glare; Contagion, Mass; Fleshshiver; Ray of Entropy; Shadow Evocation; Friend or Foe; Persistant Image; Permanent Image; Shadow Walk;
    6th-lvl: Contingency; True Sight; Mental Pinnacle; Brilliant Blade; Scalding Mud; Eye of Stone; Eyes of the Oracle; Hindsight; Greater Scrying; Resistance, Superior; Antimagic Field; Dispel Magic, Greater; Anticipate Teleportation, Greater; Howling Chain; Greater Heroism; Freezing Glance;

Divine:
    0-lvl: Cure Minor Wounds; Dancing Lights; Detect Poison; Guidance; Inflict Minor Wounds; Light; Mending; Purify Food and Drink; Resistance; Virtue; Flare; Know Direction; Read Magic; Amanuensis; Dawn; Naturewatch;
    1st-lvl: Sanctuary; Shillelagh; Calm Animals; Lay of the Land; Wieldskill;
    2nd-lvl: Bear's Endurence; Bull's Strength; Cat's Grace; Eagle's Splendor; Owl's Wisdom; Ghost Touch Armor; Heart of Air; Divine Insight; Find Traps; Guidance of the Avatar; Hunter's Eye; Listening Lorecall; Share Husk; Wild Instinct;
    3rd-lvl: Magic Circle against Evil/Good/Chaos/Law; Magic Vestment; Clutch of Orcus; Know Vulnerabilities; Sonorus Hum; Venomfire; Primal Senses; Icelance; Commune with Lesser Spirit; Know Opponent;
    4th-lvl: Assay Spell Resistance; Divine Power; Panacea; Mass Shield of Faith; Sheltered Vitality; Flame Strike; Vortex of Teeth; Heart of Earth; Blast of Sand; Boreal Winds; Primal Speed; Break Enchantment; Wall of Thorns; Telepathic Aura; Greater Status
    5th-lvl: Surge of Fortune; Rightous Might; True Seeing; Rightous Wrath of the Faithful; Triadspell; Heart of Fire; Owl's Insight; Heal; Find the Path; Commune;
    6th-lvl: Word of Recall; Superior Resistance; Stone Body; Spiritual Guardian; Enveloping Cocoon; Spellstaff; Tortise Shell; Stone Tell;

So, what do you think?

P.S. Why only to level 6? Because I'm thinking of changing casting to Bard-like, rather than Sorcerer-like. Do you agree?
    Last edited by Getsugaru; 2012-06-18 at 08:57 PM.
    Show
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

Hey Lestro! I just registered so I could respond on this thread! I love what you're doing so far.

Your card effect example seem good so far. As for the spell list, I'm not ENTIRELY sold on the 6th level spell cap. Both because there's Cards that arguably go over it, and because Sakura was meant to be the most powerful magician in the Clamp Multiverse after succeeding Clow Reed (and given that dude has Wish as a spell-like ability, WOAH).

Then again, I understand the need for spell balance. But if you're going to put a cap on the spell levels instead of allowing 9th level spells, I would put the cap at 8th level. Minimum.

But that's just me.

Also, fun fact. You're actually not the first person on this board to attempt a Cardcaptor class, though yours is more detailed. kwanzaabot posted a build in 2008. It's here

10. - Top - End - #10

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
    Hey Lestro! I just registered so I could respond on this thread! I love what you're doing so far.

Your card effect example seem good so far. As for the spell list, I'm not ENTIRELY sold on the 6th level spell cap. Both because there's Cards that arguably go over it, and because Sakura was meant to be the most powerful magician in the Clamp Multiverse after succeeding Clow Reed (and given that dude has Wish as a spell-like ability, WOAH).

Then again, I understand the need for spell balance. But if you're going to put a cap on the spell levels instead of allowing 9th level spells, I would put the cap at 8th level. Minimum.

But that's just me.

Also, fun fact. You're actually not the first person on this board to attempt a Cardcaptor class, though yours is more detailed. kwanzaabot posted a build in 2008. It's here
    Thank you for the compliment and welcome to the playground; "you'll like it here."

Also, thank you for showing me this; before posting this, I tried to find another Cardcaptor class, but couldn't find any. Thanks for finding what I could not.
    Show
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

Hehe, you're welcome. And though I just registered, I've been lurking for years! You can pat yourself on the back, it means I find your current project to be top tier intriguing!

Hopefully that link helps serve as a guide or contrast in future edits. I can't wait for this to be complete and playable!

12. - Top - End - #12

Chimera

Anyways, what do you think of the spells on the Alpha List, AuraTwilight?
    Show
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

I don't see any that I'd cut. I notice there is many more arcane spells than there are divine spells. I understand that a lot of these are actually card effects or otherwise be cut, in the final product I'd try to keep the Arcane:Divine ratio as close to 1:1 as you possibly can, given the fluff about how intertwined they are in the entire class.

14. - Top - End - #14

Chimera

I don't see any that I'd cut. I notice there is many more arcane spells than there are divine spells. I understand that a lot of these are actually card effects or otherwise be cut, in the final product I'd try to keep the Arcane:Divine ratio as close to 1:1 as you possibly can, given the fluff about how intertwined they are in the entire class.
    Agreed. That's something I've been aiming for from the beginning. I'm also working on a Character Flaw called Fear of Ghosts, which the stat block for Sakura will most certainly have.

Also, what do you think about adding an ability that enables the spell Shillelagh to apply to their Sealing Wand (I just updated again to include what type of equipment each Sealing Wand is; the Bird and Star versions both count as clubs, while the Guardian, being 3 meters long, counts as a quarterstaff)?
    Show
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

I don't see why not, but it sounds like a pretty weak bonus in comparison to just using the Sword card.

16. - Top - End - #16

Chimera

I don't see why not, but it sounds like a pretty weak bonus in comparison to just using the Sword card.
    While that may be true, allow me to respond with the following:

Show
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lestroisrois View Post
    Though I am working on the powers, I need to find a way to both put in and separate paragraphs in a table. If anyone knows how to do that, I'd be grateful for the know-how to do it...
    To put line breaks in a table, use the code [br]. I would however note that there is an error with the code for the forums which causes it to change to <br> any time the post is edited or previewed before posting, requiring that they be changed back each time (as the <br> does not convert to a line break).

Anyway, I like the look of the class in general so far. I would however be interested in seeing a version that is less made to follow the events of the manga/show instead just being a character that draws on the power of the Clow Cards like a member of this class (though such a version can wait till the current one is completed along with the cards).

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

18. - Top - End - #18

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Owrtho View Post
    To put line breaks in a table, use the code [br]. I would however note that there is an error with the code for the forums which causes it to change to <br> any time the post is edited or previewed before posting, requiring that they be changed back each time (as the <br> does not convert to a line break).

Anyway, I like the look of the class in general so far. I would however be interested in seeing a version that is less made to follow the events of the manga/show instead just being a character that draws on the power of the Clow Cards like a member of this class (though such a version can wait till the current one is completed along with the cards).

Owrtho
    Thank you so much! This will enable me to rapidly increase the rate at which this is made.

Do you have any objections to the spell list in its Alpha form, and what do you think the highest spell level should be?

Please note that this class is supposed to be Tier 1.
    Show
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

If Tier 1 is the goal, then why are you limiting the spell list at all? Instead of limiting it on a scale basis, I'd do so on a fluff basis, like "Cardcaptors cannot cast Necromancy or Raise Dead-type spells" or something.

20. - Top - End - #20

Chimera

Updated.

Also, what do you guys think of me adding an artifact to the mix?

Here is a picture, it's called the Headdress of the Madoushi:
    Show
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Personally, I'd rather you focused on making the class complete and playable before getting sidtracked by statblocking NPCs, artifacts, and the like.

If you had to do an artifact though, I would recommend Kaho Mizuki's Moon Bell, since it was created by Clow Reed to serve a vital plot function in the Final Judgment and whatnot.

22. - Top - End - #22

Chimera

MAJOR UPDATE!!!!! YAY!!!!!

I've added card info for multiple cards, and am proud to announce that The Big, The Little, and The Dash are almost complete, with The Dash being the closest.

Advice needed for specific cards...only cards that don't need this are The Firey, The Watery, The Windy, The Earthy, The Sweet, The Nothing, The Nameless, The Hope, The Jump, The Sword, The Shield, and The Fly. All other cards are in need of assistance. Please help.

Thanks in advance.
    Show
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Yay, an update! I was starting to get worried for this project! Alright, lemme take a crack at this.

The Shadow should be easy enough. There's plenty of Shadow powers in D&D you can slap on, and you could even perhaps have Shadow Walking at a Sakura power...or perhaps have the Sakura power be something like combining with or assisting Illusion...

...With Illusion being self explanatory, and it's Sakura powers being (with Shadow's help or not) something like Shadow Conjuration and other powers where illusions are "partially real"?

In any case, "Greatest Desire" should be a Clow ability for Illusion, where it projects what the target most desires and wants, even if the Cardcaptor doesn't know what it is.

Float...I'm thinking Feather Fall, Levitation, and the like.

Song can replicate a Bard's class abilities, like Inspire Courage or something. It creates music through a Ghost Sound effect.

Shot is Magic Missle.

Change = Mind Switch. Maybe Polymorph as a Sakura power?

Voice can be stuff like Magic Mouth.

Lock should be simple enough. Wizard Lock and the like. As a Sakura power, perhaps things like Imprisonment and Freedom?

Create should be simple. The Creation powers, from Minor to True, depending on what you feel appropriate.

Move can have stuff like Mage Hand and Telekinesis.

Maze obviously needs the Maze spell. C'mon now. :D

Through should stress Etherealness, as a way of passing through objects.

Plenty of powers to use for Dream. Perhaps simple Dream spells, and it's Sakura power includes the epic power of Dreamscape?

Light and Darkness should work in tandem, however you plan to use them.

That's my preliminary shot. Is this helpful?

24. - Top - End - #24

Chimera

Yay, an update! I was starting to get worried for this project! Alright, lemme take a crack at this.

The Shadow should be easy enough. There's plenty of Shadow powers in D&D you can slap on, and you could even perhaps have Shadow Walking at a Sakura power...or perhaps have the Sakura power be something like combining with or assisting Illusion...

...With Illusion being self explanatory, and it's Sakura powers being (with Shadow's help or not) something like Shadow Conjuration and other powers where illusions are "partially real"?

In any case, "Greatest Desire" should be a Clow ability for Illusion, where it projects what the target most desires and wants, even if the Cardcaptor doesn't know what it is.

Float...I'm thinking Feather Fall, Levitation, and the like.

Song can replicate a Bard's class abilities, like Inspire Courage or something. It creates music through a Ghost Sound effect.

Shot is Magic Missle.

Change = Mind Switch. Maybe Polymorph as a Sakura power?

Voice can be stuff like Magic Mouth.

Lock should be simple enough. Wizard Lock and the like. As a Sakura power, perhaps things like Imprisonment and Freedom?

Create should be simple. The Creation powers, from Minor to True, depending on what you feel appropriate.

Move can have stuff like Mage Hand and Telekinesis.

Maze obviously needs the Maze spell. C'mon now. :D

Through should stress Etherealness, as a way of passing through objects.

Plenty of powers to use for Dream. Perhaps simple Dream spells, and it's Sakura power includes the epic power of Dreamscape?

Light and Darkness should work in tandem, however you plan to use them.

That's my preliminary shot. Is this helpful?

...Extremely.

Also, sorry for not posting in a while. Been very busy with work, etc. I'll try to update more frequently...
    Show
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

Bumping this up. C'mon, Lestro. Or anyone. :D

26. - Top - End - #26

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Question Re: A New Base Class: The Cardcaptor

have you looked at the pathfinder class called the Harrower? its a card using class ive stumbled across in the past. might prove interesting...

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

28. - Top - End - #28

I'm not normally a fan of Pathfinder, but can you tell me where I can find the class?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not normally a fan of Pathfinder, but can you tell me where I can find the class?
    thats sad to hear, i love pathfinder, finding it more balanced overall than 3.5

the problem is unless you allow every module and companion guide and what not, the list to pull from is only 8 Core books (3 bestiaries, 4 Core Books, 1 Race Guide).

PS: please clean up the class post. spaces... paragraph breaks... im dying!!!

Towers, a game played for coin in the gutters and back alleys of cities, uses a Harrow deck to make or break fortunes. Most participants don’t realize that the game of Towers is based off six ancient Varisian philosophies, which the Varisians correspond to six of the towers of Desna’s palace (the seventh tower represents the unknown future—a subject of endless fascination to a harrower). Fortunetellers use the six towers to influence and inspire their meditation, but some forge a strange and wondrous connection to the six principles. Those who learn to channel and wield this power develop amazing abilities tied to the use of a Harrow deck and claim the title of harrower.

A Harrow deck consists of 54 cards divided into six suits of nine cards. The six suits correspond to the six ability scores (hammer for Strength, key for Dexterity, shield for Constitution, book for Intelligence, star for Wisdom, and crown for Charisma). Each card in a suit ties in with one of the nine alignments, corresponding with the location of the symbol on the face of the card. In addition, each card has its own unique name, independent of its suit and alignment.

Even if you do not have access to a Harrow deck, you can still play a harrower by using a d6 and a d10.

Roll 1d6 to determine a card’s suit, as follows: 1—Strength, 2—Constitution, 3—Dexterity, 4—Intelligence, 5—Wisdom, 6—Charisma. The 1d10 determine its alignment, as follows: 1—LG, 2—NG, 3—CG, 4—LN, 5—N, 6—CN, 7—LE, 8—NE, 9—CE.

Reroll results of 10. For most of the harrower’s class features, you need only roll the d6, which allows you to determine how many cards of each suit are drawn for a Harrow casting. Only the blessing of the Harrow and spirit deck class features pay attention to a card’s alignment.

Requirements
    To qualify to become a harrower, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
    Alignment: Must be chaotic, evil, good, or lawful (cannot be true neutral).
    Special: Ability to cast 3rd-level spells. Must be able to cast at least three divination spells.
    Special: Must own a Harrow deck.

Class Skills (2 + Int bonus per level): Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (local), Knowledge (the planes), Perform, Profession, Spellcraft.

The Harrower Hit Die: d6

{table=head]{colsp=7}Table: Harrower Prestige Class
    Level| BAB | Fort| Reflex |Will| Special| Spells Per Day
    1st |+0 |+0 |+0 |+2 |Blessing of the Harrow |—
    2nd |+1 |+0 |+0 |+3 |Harrow casting, tower of intelligence |+1 level of spellcasting class
    3rd |+1 |+1 |+1 |+3 |Tower of strength |+1 level of spellcasting class
    4th |+2 |+1 |+1 |+4 |Tower of charisma |+1 level of spellcasting class
    5th |+2 |+1 |+1 |+4 |Spirit deck |+1 level of spellcasting class
    6th |+3 |+2 |+2 |+5 |Divination |+1 level of spellcasting class
    7th |+3 |+2 |+2 |+5 |Tower of constitution |+1 level of spellcasting class
    8th |+4 |+2 |+2 |+6 |Tower of dexterity |+1 level of spellcasting class
    9th |+4 |+3 |+3 |+6 |Tower of wisdom |+1 level of spellcasting class
    10th |+5 |+3 |+3 |+7 |Reading the signs |+1 level of spellcasting class
    [/Table]

Class Features
    The following are class features of the harrower prestige class.

Spells: When a harrower gains a level (except for her first harrower level), she gains new spells per day as if she had also gained a level in a spellcasting class she belonged to before she added the prestige class. She does not, however, gain any other benefits a character of that class would have gained. This essentially means that she adds the level of harrower to the level of whatever other spellcasting class she has.

If the character had more than one spellcasting class before she became a harrower, she must choose to which class she adds each harrower level for the purposes of determining spells per day. As long as the harrower owns a Harrow deck, she gains access to the harrow spell >(Here)<, as if it were on her spell list as a 3rd-level spell (regardless of her spellcasting class). If the harrower prepares spells as a wizard, she prepares the spell from her Harrow deck instead of her spellbook.

Blessing of the Harrow (Ex): The harrower may, once per day, perform a harrowing for herself and all allies within 20 feet of her. This harrowing takes 10 minutes, and allies to be affected by it must remain within 20 feet for the entire time. The harrower interprets the harrowing as normal. At the conclusion of the harrowing, count up suits of cards used in the reading. This harrowing provides a bonus based upon the suit with the most cards showing.

In case of a tie, choose one suit. The bonus lasts for 24 hours. The suits grant morale bonuses as follows. Strength: +1 on attack rolls; Dexterity: +1 to AC; Constitution: +1 on weapon damage rolls; Intelligence: +1 on all skills; Wisdom: +1 on all saving throws; Charisma: +1 on caster level checks. All of these bonuses are insight bonuses.

Harrow Casting (Su): Beginning at 2nd level, the harrower may, as she casts a spell, draw three cards from her Harrow deck. This adds both a somatic component (if the spell does not already have one) and a focus component to the spell, but does not add to the spell’s casting time. Depending on the harrower’s level, the cards she draws might change the parameters of her spell or grant her some other benefit, as described in each tower ability.

The harrower gains all of the different tower abilities available to her. If she draws cards for which she has not yet gained use, those cards provide no benefit. Each card the harrower draws that are exact matches to her alignment count as two cards of the proper suit. A spell may not be affected by both Harrow casting and a metamagic feat. The harrower may use this ability a number of times per day equal to her class level.

Tower of Intelligence (Su): Beginning at 2nd level, whenever the harrower uses her Harrow casting ability, for each card she draws from the suit of Intelligence she gains a +1 insight bonus on caster level checks made to penetrate Spell Resistance.

Tower of Strength (Su): Beginning at 3rd level, whenever the harrower uses her Harrow casting ability to augment a spell that inflicts damage to hit points, the spell deals +1 point of damage per die for each card from the suit of Strength she draws.

Tower of Charisma (Su): Beginning at 4th level, whenever the harrower uses her Harrow casting ability, for each card she draws from the suit of Charisma the save DC of the spell increases by +1.

Spirit Deck (Su): A 5th-level harrower may, as a standard action, summon a shimmering, translucent Harrow deck that flies through the air and engulfs a target within 30 feet in a whirling cloud of knife-edged cards. The harrower then draws a number of Harrow cards equal to her harrower level, and the spirit deck deals damage based on the number of matches she draws.

Each exact match (based on her alignment, as shown on the chart to the right) deals 5 points of damage, each partial match deals 3 points, and each non-matched card deals 1 point, and each opposite match deals 0 points. The harrower may use this ability a number of times per day equal to 1 + her Charisma modifier (minimum 1/day).

Divination (Sp): A 6th-level harrower gains the ability to cast divination once per day as a spell-like ability. Her caster level equals her character level.

Tower of Constitution (Ex): Beginning at 7th level, whenever the harrower uses her Harrow casting ability, for each card from the suit of Constitution, she heals 3 points of damage.

Tower of Dexterity (Su): At 8th level, whenever the harrower uses her Harrow casting ability, for each card she draws from the suit of Dexterity, she gains a +1 insight bonus on Reflex saves and to AC until the beginning of her next turn.

Tower of Wisdom (Su): At 9th level, whenever the harrower uses her Harrow casting ability, for each card she draws from the suit of Wisdom, she increases the spell’s effective caster level by +1.

Reading the Signs (Ex): Whenever a 10th-level harrower draws cards from any deck of cards, she may draw an extra card and choose one to discard. The harrower may not use this ability when performing a harrowing. She may use this ability at will, but she must wait 1d4 rounds between each use.

{table=head]{colsp=3}Table: Matches and Opposites
    Alignment | Opposite | Partial Matches
    LG |CE |NG, CG, LN, LE
    NG |NE |LG, CG, N, NE
    CG |LE |LG, NG, CN, CE
    LN |CN |N, LG, LE
    N |— |—
    CN |LN |N, CG, CE
    LE |CG |NE, CE, LG, LN
    NE |NG |LE, CE, NG, N
    CE |LG |LE, NE, CG, CN
    [/Table]
    Last edited by LordErebus12; 2012-08-29 at 01:37 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting as a Skill

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

And they have beautiful images for the cards. i really want an actual deck.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting as a Skill

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show