Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Southern Comfort OOC

I will attend to it. Ashes has been notified. Hopefully, we should have a saddle-sore, hung-over Lokian arriving soon.
    The Southern Comforters

"i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    I will attend to it. Ashes has been notified. Hopefully, we should have a saddle-sore, hung-over Lokian arriving soon.
    Sounds good to me. I'll remember the "giant party the night before" opening of a story if I expect late players the next time I DM.
    LGBTitP

Thank you to Akrim.elf for my beautiful avatar.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

I all always share info I think is relevant to the party, like the pack mules bag contents, but not the book i found

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

We found a backpack? I know we found pack saddles, but did we find a backpack?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

I think she is talking about the contents of the existing bags. If you take a saddlebag, and consider it is on the back of a mule, it is now a backpack. It is all in your point of view.
    Chairman of Zinc Saucier. Currently judging made from scratch Flayerspawn Psychics. It is just like Iron Chef but comes with double the prize money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    So now you're claiming that spellcasting "lacks a clear, supernatural element?" Being supernatural is literally the only point of magic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Grath - Southern Comfort Campaign
    Prizes:
    Eglath - 2nd Place Iron Chef XXXII

Avatar by Derjuin, sing her praises to Elysium. Adopt an Avatar today.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright. Well, we've only found 1 packsaddle. Which would be the one that was on the first mule. Which I believe nobody said they took... unless I'm missing a post somewhere and can't find it.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

korgoth healed the mule and it followed us, remember?
    Chairman of Zinc Saucier. Currently judging made from scratch Flayerspawn Psychics. It is just like Iron Chef but comes with double the prize money.
    So now you're claiming that spellcasting "lacks a clear, supernatural element?" Being supernatural is literally the only point of magic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Prizes:

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't read anything about the mule following us... this is the last time that specific, nearly dead mule was mentioned:

You follow the bloodtrail ((that...is what everyone wants, right? Especially as there's no other direction to go currently)) down the Razor. The mule is obviously a tough beast, even bleeding a good rate and with a perforated lung it managed a decent distance.

After an hour, the walls of the Razor finally give way and you emerge into sunlight, at the southern end of the Fall of the Fourth Daughter. The Whitewater pools into a small lake at the deeper northern end, then breaks through a flaw in the rim of the Fall to flow on to meet the Stahlmund to the north.

The bloodtrail continues to follow the Whitewater, leading towards the lake about half a mile away.

There seems to be a lot of birds wheeling over the lake today, for some reason.
    Unless I'm missing something with my search of the word 'mule'.

@v: The thing is, we didn't find a saddlebag either. And it was never stated by Marl, or anyone else, that the mule as coming with us. Unless, again, I missed something.

I'm fine with the mule having come and whatnot, I just want to point that out.
    Last edited by Linguz; 2012-06-23 at 04:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69

didn't we find one on one of these corpses? if not then just assume she said saddle bag instead, no need to get nitpicky with words

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Delphi was going to put a potion in the nearly dead mule's mouth, but Korgoth healed the mule with CLW and restored its eyes and it started walking. Hallelujah peanut butter or something. Then Delphi hugged the mule (who wouldn't, got a CHA score to die for) and it followed us. Korgoth (I think) introduced it to skuz and we all got along merrily for a few miles. Technically, I don't think anyone specifically asked it to follow us, but I think we all assumed it would after the introduction and healing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Prizes:

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, so be it.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

The mule is following us. No backpack has been found, just the mule's packsaddle.

I didn't mention the mule tagging along because at that point there was a bit of a communication error. Most of us wanted to press on, but a few people's posts gave the impression that they wanted to stay there and wait for something to happen. Which would not have. I finally moved us on anyway.

Also, the mule will be following Delphi specifically, and she hasn't posted in a little while.
    The Southern Comforters

"i may only truly contribute to this game because it is so damned awesom and marlow is the bomb. plus i love the chemistry we all have"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

I haven't? We're currently having a debate about a very recent post that I made, aren't we? Patience, man. I love a fast game, but if we move too quickly we have miscommunications like this one. I'll go clarify Delphi's intent in the IC.
    LGBTitP

14. - Top - End - #74

u-b your search roll wasn't actually a roll it was just 20+2, just so you know,

as for the rest I say we start moving on, the bodies have been policed and looted and there is apparently no ambush so lets move on, its still way to early to make camp for the night

15. - Top - End - #75

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair420 View Post
    u-b your search roll wasn't actually a roll it was just 20+2, just so you know
    I know. Taking 20 on that.
    Avatar of this guy made by Ceika

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    I haven't? We're currently having a debate about a very recent post that I made, aren't we? Patience, man. I love a fast game, but if we move too quickly we have miscommunications like this one. I'll go clarify Delphi's intent in the IC.
    Sorry Ragged.

If you want to move on, then we can always have Ashes of Old (he hasn't responded yet) following the same trail you are. It'd be much neater to have him catch up with you now, but if the timing don't work, it don't work.
    Last edited by Marlowe; 2012-06-24 at 06:43 PM.
    The Southern Comforters

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Bad news guys, to quote another thread:

"The boss told me today she wanted me to research and write, by myself, a 90-page teaching syllabus complete with handouts. And do it for free, to "prove myself", because she doesn't believe in paying teachers for prep. time. And that she wanted it a week ago. Although she hadn't mentioned it then.

I told her that that was ludicrous.

Bear in mind I'd already done the work I thought I needed to do, after all, I'd be the one teaching the course. And I'd done this essentially for free.

So, now I'm fired. The agents are very sympathetic (because this person's been calling them, and they've experienced enough of her to decide that she's the problem), and have promised to get me a job soon. Wish me luck."

So things might well slow down on my end as I find a new job and move to it. I'm certainly going to do my best to keep this up.

Ashes will be joining us in under 12 hours. If the party have left the Fall by then, he will catch up to you somewhere on the trail. The horse he is riding is under condition that he lets it go to return to Whitewater (Ingva seems confident it'll find its way back), so that's one way of sending a message.
    The Southern Comforters

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Sorry to hear Marlowe, good luck. I think we can all understand the RL pushes that keep us from the joys we have.
    www.eldeberon.com

Mail Code V2.0 T6.2 R5.6 Eo.p Fbyz MFe.s W$ C$ G0.3-1.6 I1.6-7.9 N19.16 Pc Dacdejtw Xg.2 S01

Yuri

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, I knew somebody would take the piece of string! I just knew it!
    The Southern Comforters

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe
    Ashes will be joining us in under 12 hours. If the party have left the Fall by then, he will catch up to you somewhere on the trail. The horse he is riding is under condition that he lets it go to return to Whitewater (Ingva seems confident it'll find its way back), so that's one way of sending a message.
    Also, we're already going to send messages back to Ingva via the two-way map. At least Grath (with his extremely limited understanding of magic) seems to think so. I knew someone would pick up on what he wanted to do.

But seriously, best of luck in your new job search, and hope it isn't too much of a hassle.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Prizes:

21. - Top - End - #81

I thought about creating a wiki page for the group, fully editable and versioned, but so far have not come with a satisfactory solution (I use bitbucket for my projects, but for this game it is probably not the way to go), so here is an editable google doc. Feel free to change anything.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

NPCs, colour-coded for your convenience!
    The Southern Comforters

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, the interesting stuff usually happens while I'm sleeping.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

Hey guys, sorry for the delay.
    Thorwald will be joining you in just a moment. Since Navy blue just became available, I'll steal that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu." -Shamus Young

Fimble Doublebat Scrimnoodle - Gnome Paladin
    Thorwald Hunt
    Cron Ouursch

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Hail the sky-walker! We have a divine caster!

BTW, in case anyone's worried, "Bethlen" is not a DMPC. I have plans for her which may or may not play out.
    The Southern Comforters

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

BTW, in case anyone's worried, "Bethlen" is not a DMPC. I have plans for her which may or may not play out.
    I never worry about things like that, and don't you worry about NPC's and DMPC's. Characters are characters, and the players just can't represent all of them. Nothing wrong with that.
    LGBTitP

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Hint - don't let Grath summarize the events to date to a new PC. Or you get what you just got.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Prizes:

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Ravens on mule, ravens and crows at the waterfall, bird bite marks here... Everyone run! It's a raven swarmshifter!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Prizes:

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Get ready guys, it's going to be murder.

Also, I officially have no home interenet access anymore (but I'm leaving for the new job sometimes tomorrow) so I'm going to have to ASCII battlemaps. If everyone wants to choose a (colour-nospecific) ASCII symbol for themselves, that'll be sweet.

Currently claimed are

r=redcloaks
    a=redcloak archers
    b=redcloak boss
    m=maroons
    N=for NPC, Bethlen
    M=Mules
    The Southern Comforters

30. - Top - End - #90

G for Gregor and A, B, C for dogs