Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 635
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hircine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    You have all spent the last week in celebrations with the townsfolk of Ashen Oaks, whom your party liberated from the iron grip of the Black Talon bandit gang. However even with your latest triumph still fresh the yearning for further adventure is too great. Upon hearing your intentions to leave, Ashen Oaks community elders meet with you in an attempt to convince the group to stay awhile longer. You all politely decline the offer, citing a desire to return to traveling. Disappointed but understanding the elders only relent after persuading you to stay one more night. A farewell dinner is quickly organized to honor "The Heroes of Ashen Oaks." Before the festivities commence a moment of silence is held for Sir Leonard Arlington, the fallen paladin of Bahamut who was instrumental in the liberation of Ashen Oaks. The party goes on long into the night and all who are present have an enjoyable time.

    In the morning once your bags are packed you depart with the entire township looking on. They all convey messages of thanks, well wishes toward future adventures, and prayers to the Gods to watch over you.

    The five of you travel south off of the King's Road and through part of the Moon Hills. Your journey is fairly uneventful save for an encounter with a brown bear, which you managed to elude after some time. Around dusk you decide to set up camp for the night in a defensible clearing near a small creek. Getting the components for a campfire together is simple, but actually lighting the pile of kindling requires a great deal of effort. Sitting around the hearth, chewing on tough pieces of heavily salted and uncooked jerky, you chat amongst yourselves relishing these few peaceful moments.

    Sleep comes rather easily to the weary travelers and you all awake around dawn the next morning. The morning air is quite chilly and a gloomy overcast sky greets you. Foregoing breakfast you pack up camp and continue south in the hope of finding lodging to ride out the coming storm. By midday a heavy rain begins to fall that is followed by a cold whipping wind. It becomes measurably colder as the day wears on. In the early evening hours the rain turns to sleet making it imperative that you find some kind of shelter for the night.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to talk amongst yourselves for the time being.
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-06-18 at 06:39 PM.
    Currently DMing:

    Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Threats to the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Currently Playing:

    Lo-Kag Rockhide
    - Goliath Monk


    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.
    Avatar by Bradakhan

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Arillius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Arthur

    One wouldn't think that the rather thin, some what short young man going by the name of Arthur could walk around in the heavy looking armor that he wore. One wouldn't think he could do it almost daily, while traveling. One would be pretty close. By the evening, Arthur was breathing a bit heavier then he normally would and looked a bit paler. Not only that, but his usually confident stride was waning. Still he held his head high and try to do the symbol emblazoned on his chest and shield, the latter of which was normally worn on his back but was now raised over the head of himself and his nearest companion to stop the hail, justice. A young man, certainly young to be a full paladin, who had recently lost his mentor and friend. Arthur did his best to hold his head high, but the armor was not the only thing weighing down upon him.

    Ever willing to converse, and finding the hail a depressing and somewhat painful distraction for everyone, Arthur spoke up to the others. It was a bit hard to make his voice heard over the clatter of ice smashing against metal, but Arthur did his best, which was surprisingly good. And, ever the gentleman, he did not let his voice waver arm waver as the shield blocked the worst of it from hitting the parties drow companion, Matilda. (If she is with the party and not scouting that is.) "The weather might have turned against us, but we haven't lost the path yet. I'm sure we'll find some lodgings to protect us soon enough."
    Awesome Avatar by Ceika

    I'm back baby!

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dakaran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Rolan

    "I hope you're right, Arthur," Rolan replies as he readjusts his travelling cloak yet again in an effort to protect himself against the weather. And I hope we can afford it, Rolan thinks to himself; His mind drifts to the light coinpurse at his side. Only six gold left. I should've stopped throwing dice after the second round of ale... Oh well, I'm sober now. If we can find an inn maybe I can win us a room or two. As Rolan presses on his foot sinks into a hole in the road, completely soaking his right foot. With the feeling swiftly draining from his extremity Rolan grows a little more desperate to find lodging."I'm going to reach out and see if I can sense anyone else about. Perhaps that will help guide us to some lodging."

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolan is a telepathic psion trying to "scout" the area with his mind. I'm guess Perception is still the closest skill to roll for that so that's what I'll go with. (1d20+5)[14]

    Community Powered Tokens & Art | OotS-Style Monster Manual Art Project
    Homebrew Projects | Extended Signature
    Adventures in the Nentir Vale | Rolan | IC | OOC | Map | Summary

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Wrenndel bobs along besides his taller companions. The cold rain dampen's his spirits some but that is like saying wringing out a wash cloth on a bonfire puts it out some.

    With a smile beaming through the muck and frozen lips the gnome buts in. "Were pretty far from any inn out here Rolan. Closest would be in Harken and I would imagine that is a few days off still. I bet there's some old Nerath ruins 'round here. There almost always are in the Vale." Wrenndel tugs at his bushy sideburns and scrunches up his face a little.

    "If i remember what Barnabus said there should be some shelter too....

    History check for locations of ruins Wrenndel has heard about
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-06-18 at 09:06 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    the actual History roll
    (1d20+9)[22]

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hircine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakaran View Post
    Rolan

    "I hope you're right, Arthur," Rolan replies as he readjusts his travelling cloak yet again in an effort to protect himself against the weather. And I hope we can afford it, Rolan thinks to himself; His mind drifts to the light coinpurse at his side. Only six gold left. I should've stopped throwing dice after the second round of ale... Oh well, I'm sober now. If we can find an inn maybe I can win us a room or two. As Rolan presses on his foot sinks into a hole in the road, completely soaking his right foot. With the feeling swiftly draining from his extremity Rolan grows a little more desperate to find lodging."I'm going to reach out and see if I can sense anyone else about. Perhaps that will help guide us to some lodging."

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolan is a telepathic psion trying to "scout" the area with his mind. I'm guess Perception is still the closest skill to roll for that so that's what I'll go with. [roll0]
    Rolan
    Spoiler
    Show
    You reach out with your mind trying to capture a picture of the parties surroundings. Except for the large thicket of woods and the mud road your following nothing sticks out.


    Quote Originally Posted by CalebRoberts View Post
    Wrenndel bobs along besides his taller companions. The cold rain dampen's his spirits some but that is like saying wringing out a wash cloth on a bonfire puts it out some.

    With a smile beaming through the muck and frozen lips the gnome buts in. "Were pretty far from any inn out here Rolan. Closest would be in Harken and I would imagine that is a few days off still. I bet there's some old Nerath ruins 'round here. There almost always are in the Vale." Wrenndel tugs at his bushy sideburns and scrunches up his face a little.

    "If i remember what Barnabus said there should be some shelter too....

    History check for locations of ruins Wrenndel has heard about

    Wrenndel

    Spoiler
    Show
    Wrenndel recalls several points of interest that are relatively close. He remembers eavesdropping on a band of shady travelers in a bar awhile talking about an abandoned keep that's a few hours west of your current position. He also knows of a dwarven excavation site half a day's travel to the east. Finally there is the abandoned settlement of Kiris Dahn which is about a day’s march away.
    Currently DMing:

    Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Threats to the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Currently Playing:

    Lo-Kag Rockhide
    - Goliath Monk


    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.
    Avatar by Bradakhan

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    What does Wrenndel know of Kiris Dahn?

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hircine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CalebRoberts View Post
    What does Wrenndel know of Kiris Dahn?
    Wrenndel
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kiris Dahn was once a very prominent logging community ruled over by Lord Kiris Coyle. The settlement's great wealth made it an easy target for bands of brigands and fledgling warlords. It was said that the town had magical defenses that protected its citizens from the forces that would do them harm. However eight years ago the town was finally overrun and sacked by a massive horde of marauding goblinoids.
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-06-25 at 11:07 AM.
    Currently DMing:

    Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Threats to the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Currently Playing:

    Lo-Kag Rockhide
    - Goliath Monk


    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.
    Avatar by Bradakhan

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    "But you'l be glad ta know we got options my giant friends" Wrenndel says with a smile.

    He holds up his hand in a fist and folds up his index finger. "I heard about an old abandoned Keep a few hours to the West of us, shouldn't be too hard to find." He folds up a his middle finger to join the index. "There is some sorta dwarven excavation site about half a day from here to the East. We probably can't make it before dark though." He puts his ring finger up. "The last one is the old logging settlement Krirs Dahn but it is a day away at the least.

    Why dont we head for the Keep! I bet we can find shelter in a ruined gatehouse or something. There might even be some skeletons you can SMITE! Arthur"
    Wrenndel pokes the skinny paladin under his plate.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Eldon Kennings - Human Ardent

    Eldon, a gangly teen in scale armor, walked along the road with the group. Most people's attitudes would probably be dampened by this weather, but Eldon kept smiling. He was able to find satisfaction in even the simplest things. Today that satisfaction came from pausing every 20 paces or so to pick up a fist-sized rock from the edge of the row and toss it forward into one of the deeper mud puddles. SPLOOSH!

    Upon Wrenndel's proclamation, Eldon turns to look at the gnome. "Sounds great! I knew if we kept walking long enough we'd find some shelter somewhere. Let's see here, west is... that way?" Eldon points off to one side of the road with his halberd.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Wrenndel makes a funny upward slash with his index finger. "Right you are Eldon! To the West!"

    Wrenndel looks at his more armored companions as if expecting them to lead the way.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Selinia's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Matilda had been spending the last hour or so in an awkward hop-skip gait, seeming to find endless amusement in Arthur's attempts to shield her from the rain. As the rest of the group comes to a short pause, she keeps walking unfazed, twirling around and continuing to walk backwards with little change in pace. From her heaving chest it is obvious she is fairly winded, but Matilda seems to be ignoring the discomfort in favor of promised excitement.

    She say cheerily, "Weee~eeell, what are we waiting for then? For Eld to turn into an actual compass?" The drow smiles wide, flinging one arm out westward while trying to use the other to drag Eldon along by the haft of his halberd. With the slick mud underfoot, this proves too much even for her, and Matilda comes precariously close to falling on her backside.
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

    Homebrew:

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hircine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    As you travel along the old, winding, mud caked, and dilapidated road a cold wind begins whipping sleet at you that tears at your cloaks. The moon is shrouded behind a gray haze, and you hear wolves baying in the dark woods all around. Against the dusky sky, you can just make out the shadow of a low tower across a bridge in the distance. A lantern burns in one of its windows violently swaying back and forth in the heavy wind, beckoning you all toward the safety of shelter.
    Currently DMing:

    Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Threats to the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Currently Playing:

    Lo-Kag Rockhide
    - Goliath Monk


    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.
    Avatar by Bradakhan

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dakaran's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Rolan

    Rolan's mind turns from focusing on his freezing foot to the small globe of light of in the distance. "Lantern light? It looks like we may be sharing our shelter." Rolan, a more cautious individual than he use to be, almost instinctively slips a fist-sized crystaline orb from a leather pouch that hangs from his belt into his left hand, but keeps it hidden under his traveling cloak. Not everyone likes to share... With the prospect of escaping the weather Rolan increases his pace towards the bridge. Upon reaching the bridge Rolan stands at the precipice, looking out to inspect the bridge, not wanting to venture out onto a bridge only to have it fall out from under him.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    What kind of bridge are we coming upon? Rolan makes a perception check trying to determine the safety of crossing. [roll0]

    Community Powered Tokens & Art | OotS-Style Monster Manual Art Project
    Homebrew Projects | Extended Signature
    Adventures in the Nentir Vale | Rolan | IC | OOC | Map | Summary

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Wrenndel sings a little song with Matilda's name. "Matilda, Matilda, oh Matilda."
    His voice turns conversational again. "Your a sneaky one Matilda. Can you scout out that light without being seen? We can't be to careful ya know."

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Eldon Kennings - Human Ardent

    Eldon steps over next to Rolan. "Oh good! Maybe they'll have some roast pig or something in there and want to share. I could really use a nice warm meal right about now." Eldon has a dreamy look in his eyes.

    When he hears of Wrenndel's cautious suggestion of having Matilda scout ahead, Eldon looks a little confused, but just shrugs his shoulders and waits.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Arillius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Arthur

    Arthur gives up trying to shield Matilda from the hail when she starts skipping, instead holstering it back on his back where it normally would hang. At the suggesting of scouting, Arthur's hand had almost instinctively goes to the handle of his blade. "As much as I'd like to trust in the goodness of others, there's certainly nothing wrong with a little caution. If you need help, please call us immediately."
    Awesome Avatar by Ceika

    I'm back baby!

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Selinia's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    "Maaa~aaaybe." Matching Wrenndel's sing-song with her own lilting tone, Matilda squints up at the building through the sleet.

    While the drow had tossed on a loose cloak earlier, she still wasn't remotely dressed for weather this foul. Apparently, desire to get out of the rain won out over desire to be obtuse, as she gave a proper reply to the suggestion much more quickly than she usually did.

    "Oh, fine. Whatever. But if there's something, I have first dibs." Matilda proceeds to stick her tongue out with an audible *NYAAA* before beginning to move away and give the structure a closer look...
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

    Homebrew:

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hircine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    As you approach the stone bridge you notice the lantern swinging in the window ahead reflect off several sets of eyes in the forest around you. You hear low growling as wolves emerge from behind the brush. Most of the beasts look half-starved as they stalk toward you.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    COMBAT! (OOC)

    Matilda's Up!
    Battle Map
    Initiative Order: Matilda, R1, R2, Arthur, R3, G1, Wrenndel, G2, Rolan, Eldon

    You'll notice that you aren't on the map yet. At the start of your turn include which cell you want to start at. You can choose any cell on the eastern road that isn't the bridge. Also please remember to edit your stats on the battle map to reflect stat changes, health, power point usage, etc. Be sure to look at the terrain notes for the map as well.
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-06-20 at 09:54 PM.
    Currently DMing:

    Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Threats to the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Currently Playing:

    Lo-Kag Rockhide
    - Goliath Monk


    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.
    Avatar by Bradakhan

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    So are we approaching from the east onto the map or are we on the map now?
    EDIT: are we able to edit the map as well?
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-06-20 at 09:40 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hircine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by CalebRoberts View Post
    So are we approaching from the east onto the map or are we on the map now?
    EDIT: are we able to edit the map as well?
    The map is editable by those who have a link so yes. You are already on the map and if you want to let me know where you want to start please let me know in the OOC thread.
    Currently DMing:

    Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Threats to the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Currently Playing:

    Lo-Kag Rockhide
    - Goliath Monk


    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.
    Avatar by Bradakhan

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Selinia's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Adrenaline, as has been noted by many, is a remarkably effective pick-me-up. It took mere seconds for the appearence of the wolves to prompt a jubilant cry of "Look everyone! Puppies!", and mere seconds more before the feral beasts were assaulted by their 'prey'.

    Actions:

    Matilda moves to L16 and pokes the Ravenous Wolf with a Sly Flourish.

    To-Hit: (1d20+9)[18] vs AC
    Damage: (1d4+8)[12]
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

    Homebrew:

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Selinia's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Gah, forgot enemies grant CA if they haven't moved yet. Apologies, I'm really ditzing out tonight.

    Sneak Attack Damage: (2d8)[15]
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

    Homebrew:

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hircine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Matilda trudges through the mud toward her target, dagger gripped tightly. The wolf bares its fangs as the drow approaches and prepares to lunge. Before the creature can move a muscle Matilda's dagger is already buried deep in the beast's neck. As she yanks the weapon out blood freely seeps from the wound. The wolf staggers around for a moment on wobbly legs before collapsing dead in a crumpled heap.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    WOW! is about the only thing that comes to mind right now. Not only is that a hit but you've killed R1 outright. Impressive first turn! R1 takes 27 and is killed.
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-06-25 at 11:08 AM.
    Currently DMing:

    Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Threats to the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Currently Playing:

    Lo-Kag Rockhide
    - Goliath Monk


    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.
    Avatar by Bradakhan

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hircine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Angered over the loss of it's pack mate one of the starving wolves aggressively moves toward Matilda. Once in range it attempts to take a bite out of her leg.

    The wolf must be having delusions because it was certain it had sunk its teeth into succulent drow flesh. Instead the mangy beast finds itself in a puddle of mud gnawing on a twig.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    R2 moves to M16 and tries to bite Matilda
    To Hit: (1d20+6)[13]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[4]
    If hit Matilda is grabbed.


    Arthur's on Deck!
    Battle Map
    Initiative Order: Matilda, R1, R2, Arthur, R3, G1, Wrenndel, G2, Rolan, Eldon
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-06-25 at 11:09 AM.
    Currently DMing:

    Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Threats to the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Currently Playing:

    Lo-Kag Rockhide
    - Goliath Monk


    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.
    Avatar by Bradakhan

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Selinia's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    A deft sidestep (or at least, a sidestep as deft as could be expected in this muck), combined with a short jab of her dagger allows Matilda to narrowly avoid the lupine assault. She gives her weapon a small flick, scatting red droplets onto the muddy ground.

    "Hah! One down! C'mon, you guys - get that blood pumping, the fight's started without you!"

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    First off, I seriously wasn't expecting to see one point off of perfect damage on my first attack of the game. Hopefully I haven't jinxed the rest of it now.

    Also, I'm assuming that the roll in the first of the double-posts is the one we're going with... right? With:

    R2 moves to M16 and tries to bite Matilda
    To Hit: (1d20+6)[13]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[4]
    If hit Matilda is grabbed.

    As opposed to,

    R2 moves to M16 and tries to bite Matilda
    To Hit: (1d20+6)[19]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[12]
    If hit Matilda is grabbed.

    Because the original roll was a miss, and the second roll takes off over half Matti's health. The forum picks the worst times to act up.
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

    Homebrew:

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hircine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Selinia View Post
    A deft sidestep (or at least, a sidestep as deft as could be expected in this muck), combined with a short jab of her dagger allows Matilda to narrowly avoid the lupine assault. She gives her weapon a small flick, scatting red droplets onto the muddy ground.

    "Hah! One down! C'mon, you guys - get that blood pumping, the fight's started without you!"

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    First off, I seriously wasn't expecting to see one point off of perfect damage on my first attack of the game. Hopefully I haven't jinxed the rest of it now.

    Also, I'm assuming that the roll in the first of the double-posts is the one we're going with... right? With:



    R2 moves to M16 and tries to bite Matilda
    To Hit: (1d20+6)[13]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[4]
    If hit Matilda is grabbed.

    As opposed to,

    R2 moves to M16 and tries to bite Matilda
    To Hit: (1d20+6)[19]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[12]
    If hit Matilda is grabbed.

    Because the original roll was a miss, and the second roll takes off over half Matti's health. The forum picks the worst times to act up.
    Ack! I The forums locked up when I tried to post the wolf's turn and must have duplicated it. Alright I'll go with the first result which is a miss. I've added some good flavor text to reflect this mishap.
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-06-21 at 02:39 AM.
    Currently DMing:

    Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Threats to the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Currently Playing:

    Lo-Kag Rockhide
    - Goliath Monk


    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.
    Avatar by Bradakhan

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Arillius's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    Arthur

    Arthur draws his blade when he see's their scout do so but is surprised by the lethality of their friend, despite having seen her fight before. He see's another wolf in some nearby bushes and, sword ready, charges the creature. Just as he swings, he spots another wolf come up behind him and dig it's head into the mud near Matilda. Unwilling to allow a companion to come to harm and heedless of the risk, Arthur turns from his selected enemy and charges this wolf as well. He moves right up behind the enemy attacking Matilda and swings again.

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action- Charge, First Attack
    Power- Ardent Strike vs Grey Wolf 2
    Attack- (1d20+7)[16] vs AC
    Damage- (1d8+3)[6]
    Effect: Can be used on a charge. If it hits, target is marked.

    Action point
    Standard Action- Charge, Second Attack
    Power- Ardent Strike vs Ravenous Wolf 2
    Attack- (1d20+9)[27] vs AC
    Damage- (1d8+3)[7]
    Effect: Can be used on a charge. If it hits, target is marked.
    Last edited by Arillius; 2012-06-21 at 11:11 PM.
    Awesome Avatar by Ceika

    I'm back baby!

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hircine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    With battle being joined the Paladin surges into action, charging one of the feral wolves and striking it across the muzzle with his longsword. The creature clearly displeased that its meal is fighting back snarls fiercely.

    Arthur's ferocious assault is far from over as he rushes over to attack the wolf that is harassing Matilda. Once again the paladin's blade connects sending blood and fur flying.
    Spoiler
    Show

    OOC: You just narrowly got a hit on the gray wolf, Arillius. Lucky for you!
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-06-25 at 11:09 AM.
    Currently DMing:

    Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Threats to the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Currently Playing:

    Lo-Kag Rockhide
    - Goliath Monk


    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.
    Avatar by Bradakhan

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hircine's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

    A lanky malnourished gray wolf emerges from the bushes with a low howl. It seems to size up the party for a moment before sprinting into action.

    Another of the emaciated carnivores watches the conflict from across the river for some time, with great interest. Not wanting to chance missing out on a meal it bounds across the bridge to stake out its claim.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Despite being focused on not being eaten, you all hear a voice from the tower, shouting over the storm and snarling wolves. It sounds like an old woman yelling, "Get inside my tower! You'll be safe here!"

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Both wolves will take a double move action to get closer to the battle.


    It's Wrenndel's Turn!
    Battle Map
    Initiative Order: Matilda, R1, R2, Arthur, R3, G1, Wrenndel, G2, Rolan, Eldon
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-07-05 at 03:44 PM.
    Currently DMing:

    Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Threats to the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

    Currently Playing:

    Lo-Kag Rockhide
    - Goliath Monk


    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.
    Avatar by Bradakhan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •