New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 4E] Adventures in the Nentir Vale (IC)

Spectral thorns leap from the golaith's blade, that dig deeply into the kobold's flesh while dragging it towards Lo-Kag.

Once the barbs vanish the guttersnipe struggles back to its feet, as blood trickles from its many wounds. It clearly won't be able to take much more punishment.

The surprise round is now over. So Eldon you're up!
    Battle Map
    Initiative Order: Eldon, Kerem, G2, Lo-Kag, Rolan, D1, G1, Rex
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-11-09 at 04:45 PM.
    Currently DMing:

Adventures in the Nentir Vale: IC OOC GS

Valiant Hearts: IC OOC GS

Currently Playing:

Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    EXACTLY 12 NOON.
    Like a boss, Hircine, like a boss.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Eldon - Human Ardent

Eldon swings his halberd at the kobold, so obviously on its last legs, hoping to knock it back down for good. After the swing, Eldon carefully makes his way further into the room.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard: Energizing Strike on Guttersnipe 1 Attack vs AC - (1d20+6)[24]. A hit does damage - (1d10+4)[6] and gives Lo-Kag 4 temporary hp.

Move: If the kobold is still up, shift to E18. If not, move to F22. (I'll let you move the token since I don't know which it will be until I see the result of the attack.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Kerem - Drow Sorcerer

Kerem extends his tattooed hands and *Snap* another firey bolt flies towards the Dragonshield. He cackles as hit connects and fills the air with burning flesh.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[21] vs Dragonshield's Will for (1d10+5)[6] damage.
    No secondary attack

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-11-09 at 12:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hell’s heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumor’s sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

4. - Top - End - #214

Already severely wounded the guttersnipe is unable to evade Eldon's halberd, which finds purchase deep in the kobold's skull. The reptile's eyes roll back and it collapses to the ground in a heap. As the weapons strikes Lo-Kag feels a rush of energy wash over him. Once his opponent falls Eldon rounds on the dragonshield who shuffles around to gain better position once the Ardent closes in.

Kerem still miffed about his earlier misfire conjures another crackling bolt of energy, that flies toward the dragonshield's head. The attack hits home, shattering the kobold's helmet and leaving a deep scar on its snout. A horrible smell that you assume to be burnt flesh soon starts wafting about the room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Still in shock the remaining guttersnipe stands dumbfounded until a scream from its superior gets the creature into action. A loud cry that can only be described as an alarm escapes the beast. Immediately four kobolds from the adjoining room burst in with weapons drawn and the scurrying of feet can be heard coming from upstairs.

Reaching down onto its pack the guttersnipe hefts up a large sack, that it begins to twirl furiously over its head. It then hurls the heavy load in the general direction of Lo-Kag, Rex, and Kerem.

As the bag soars through the air items begin to fly out in the party's direction. A cast iron skillet hits Kerem square in the head, making him see stars. Ornamental plates bombard the fighter inflicting superficial cuts on his face and less protected legs. The goliath receives the worst of the punishment, when a sharp bread knife pierces his armor and becomes lodged in his upper chest. Pleased with its success the guttersnipe cackles as it scurries over towards its leader.

D1 Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Triggered Action: Dragonshield Tactics

G2 Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Free: Call out to allies.
    Standard:Attack with Sack of Junk
    Minor: Move to F21

Attack Roll:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[20]
    (1d20+6)[21]
    (1d20+6)[23]
    If Lo-Kag is hit he will take ongoing 5 damage.

Damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d6+1)[4]

Lo-Kag you're bleeding heavily and reinforcements have arrived. What do you do?
    Battle Map
    Initiative Order: S1, M5, Eldon, Kerem, G2, Lo-Kag, SK1, Rolan, SK2, D1, Rex

OOC: Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    All new enemies will act on their initiative.
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-11-12 at 01:51 PM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lo-Kag - Goliath Warden

The knife was a bit irritating. Lo-Kag tugged at it, trying to pull it out. He surveyed the battlefield. It looked like the kobolds were gathering in one place. Good. It would save a lot of running around. The goliath ran up to the kobold that was bold enough to harm him and struck back. He swung his sword at the scavenger, aided by the strength of an earth spirit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling the save at the start of my turn thanks to Font of Life, if it succeeds Lo-Kag won't take ongoing damage. (1d20)[19]
    In case that fails, save number 2. (1d20)[17]
    Move Action - Move to E21
    Weight of Earth Attack Roll against the Guttersnipe. (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage Roll. (1d8+4)[7] and target is slowed until the end of my next turn.
    And marking all adjacent enemies as a free action.

6. - Top - End - #216

Carefully removing the knife lodged in his chest he is thankful that it had only left a glancing wound. Now able to focus on the massing kobold forces Lo-Kag strides towards the guttersnipe blade poised to strike. Quickly the guttersnipe raises its spear to defend, but is to slow as the giant's blade cleaves into its midsection, sending large fragments of the creature's armor flying, leaving it in a vulnerable state.

Assessing the situation the skirmisher bounds toward Eldon, spear at the ready. Already distracted by two opponents Eldon doesn't notice the kobold aiming its spear for the square of his back. With a swift thrust the kobold's spear finds a hole in Eldon's armor. Luckily for the Ardent the attack only grazes his side. Disappointingly the reptile takes a step back to ponder what its next move will be.

S1 Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Move To G22
    Standard: Attack with Spear
    Minor: Use Shifty to Move to H21

Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[29]

Damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8)[1]
    CA:
    (1d6)[1]

Rolan your allies are in danger. How do you respond?
    Battle Map
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-11-14 at 09:37 AM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

7. - Top - End - #217

Lizardfolk

Rolan Berelain - Human Psion

Rolan's training continues to hum through his mind as any distractions fade away. Even the din of battle seems to fall on deaf ears as Rolan's mind penetrates outward, sensing the minds of those in anguish. Rolan encounters the mind of a kobold beside Eldon and Lo-Kag, sensing fear and worry created by Lo-Kag. With intense concentration Rolan attempts to force his mind into the kobold's in an effort to cut away at the creature's mental faculties.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    So that was a surprisingly long-winded way to say that I'm attacking the Dragonshield at E22 with Mind Thrust.
    Attack vs Will: (1d20+6)[15]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[15]
    Print and Play Minis | iheartprintandplay | Retired as of 2018, but my entire public collection of monsters, PCs, NPCs, environment pieces, and other supplements are still freely available (see links in top sticky post)
    Homebrew Projects | Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #218

Lizardfolk

To Rolan's surprise the kobold didn't collapse from his assault on the kobold's mind. Feeling his mind wander slightly Rolan permanently wipes the thought from his mind to eliminate the distraction.

Spoiler
    Show
    I got the email notice that Hircine posted, but it's not showing up when I go to the thread so I'm posting in effort to get the missing post to show up. It's a weird error, but usually an additional post fixes it.
    Print and Play Minis | iheartprintandplay | Retired as of 2018, but my entire public collection of monsters, PCs, NPCs, environment pieces, and other supplements are still freely available (see links in top sticky post)

9. - Top - End - #219

Rolan infiltrates the primitive mind of the dragonshield, assaulting the creature's mental pathways, causing an intense throbbing pain in its head. Once the pain passes blood starts to flow out of its eyes and nostrils. The kobold's legs nearly buckle and it's forced to lean on its shield for support.

The second skirmisher loops around to get better position on the titanic monster harrying their leader. The kobold target's the giant's heel hoping to take the massive foe off his feet. A howl of pain escapes Lo-Kag as the spear digs into his heel. Cackling evilly the kobold hurries away to escape retaliation.

Wheezing heavily the kobold leader barks out orders as it staggers toward the goliath. Mustering its strength the dragonshield takes a wild swipe at Lo-Kag. The strike is true cutting through armor and leaving a long gash along the enormous man's back. This success does little to encourage the near dead kobold who slinks away to regroup.

Enemy Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skirmisher 2
    Move: Move to D21
    Standard: Attack Lo-Kag with Spear
    Attack Roll: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1] CA: [roll2]
    Minor: Use Shifty to shift to C22

Dragonshield
    Move: Shift to D21
    Standard: Attack Lo-Kag with Short Sword
    Attack Roll: [roll3]
    Damage: [roll4]
    Minor: Use Shifty to shift to D22

Last but not least it's Rex's turn.
    Battle Map

OOC: Everyone Please Read!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I remember you saying that you wanted to capture the dragonshield. I just want to remind you that you will have to tell me whether you are using a nonlethal take down. If I receive no word I will assume that you will kill the enemy. No do overs.
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-11-14 at 10:36 AM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

Rex - Human Fighter

Rex strides confidently into the battlefield stepping up onto the table in the centre of the room and swings his sword down into the kobold beneath him's head.

Spoiler
    Show

Move
    Move to F20
    Standard
    Cleave on Kobold Guttersnipe 2: (1d20+7)[20] vs AC; Damage (1d10+7)[15]
    A party of adventurers walk into a bar. Except for the dwarf cleric, he walks under it.

I do remixes to music that everyone loves, check it out on my soundcloud:
    Soundcloud
    Youtube

11. - Top - End - #221

Charging into the room Rex leaps onto the table ready to join the carnage. In a swift motion the warrior's blade is driven into the guttersnipe's neck, ending its life. Withdrawing his sword Rex surveys the battlefield looking for his next target.

The sound of footfalls hitting the stairs alerts everyone in the room to the arrival of a second wave of kobolds. Five pairs of reptilian eyes look on in surprise. The dragonshield points at the adventurers, squawking out orders in Draconic, which springs the new arrivals into action.

The slink momentarily holds its position allowing for two of the smaller kobolds to surround Kerem. They each pierce the drow's chest with their spears, inflicting grave bleeding wounds upon the sorcerer.

Loading a ceramic pot into its sling the slinger hurls the projectile at Rex. The globe explodes upon contact with Rex's face, cutting the warrior and coating him in a sticky substance that holds him in place.

Seeing weakness in the sorcerer's eye the slink slithers in for the kill. It twirls its spear dramatically before driving the weapon deep into the drow's shoulder, forcing a scream of agony from Kerem. A broad smile creeps onto the slink's face as it slips behind a minion.

Enemy Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    M2
    Move: Move to E16
    Minor: Use Shifty to shift to D15
    Standard: Attack Kerem with Spear
    Attack Roll:(1d20+5)[12]
    Damage: 4

M1
    Move: Move to D17
    Attack Roll:(1d20+7)[13]
    Minor: Use Shifty to shift to D18

S
    Standard: Attack Rex with Sling using gluepot
    Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[26]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[5]
    Effect: The target is immobilized
    CRITICAL HIT: Maximizes the damage to 9.

Sl
    Delay until after M1
    Move: Move to D17
    Attack Roll: (1d20+8)[22]
    Damage: (1d6)[1] CA: (1d6)[3]
    Minor: Use Shift and Slide to shift to D18 and shift M1 to D17

The tide has turned against you. How will you respond Eldon?
    Battle Map
    Initiative Order: M2, S1, M1, SL1, Eldon, M3, Kerem, Lo-Kag, SK1, Rolan, SK2, D1, M4, M5, Rex

OOC: Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eldon, Kerem, and Lo-Kag may act now since you follow one another in the initiative order.
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-11-16 at 11:30 AM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Eldon - Human Ardent

Seeing Kerem suddenly being surrounded, Eldon leaps over the table to help him out. "Help is on the way!" he calls out, his words along with a healthy dose of psionic resonance renew the sorcerer's resolve.

Stopping near the slink, Eldon swings his halberd around in a wide arc to hit the creature hoping to take a chunk out of its scaly hide.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor: Ardent Surge for Kerem. He can spend a surge and get back (1d6)[4] additional hp. He also gets a +1 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn. (I'll let Arranis apply this since I don't know his surge value off the top of my head.)

Move: to E19. (shown on map)

Standard: Energizing Strike (spending 2 power points) on kobold slink. (1d20+6)[14]. A hit does (2d10+4)[19] and allows Rex to spend a surge. (Again I'll let Locklear do this if I hit.)

13. - Top - End - #223

Seeing Kerem surrounded by enemies, Eldon jumps across the table to administer aid. A few encouraging words laced with powerful emotion renew the drow.

Now that Kerem is temporarily out of danger the Ardent directs his anger on the insidious slink. Raising his halberd Eldon swings in a wide arc intending to remove the kobold's head. The attack while powerful is telegraphed allowing the slippery reptile to narrowly avoid disaster.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You missed by 1.

One of the smaller kobolds descends the stairs, positioning itself in front of the slinger. Collecting a javelin from the quiver on its back, the kobold launches its projectile right at that meddling Ardent’s neck.

The javelin's path is straight and true but at the last second veers off course into Eldon's right shoulder.

Enemy Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    M3
    Move: Move to H19
    Standard: Attack Eldon with Javelin
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[24]

Kerem you're feeling a lot better, but this euphoric state doesn't last as you've still got kobolds all around you.
    Battle Map
    Initiative Order: M2, S1, M1, SL1, Eldon, M3, Kerem, Lo-Kag, SK1, Rolan, SK2, D1, M4, M5, Rex
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-11-16 at 11:38 AM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

14. - Top - End - #224

GreenSorcererElf

Kerem-Drow Sorcerer

Kerem gasps as he feels vitality flow into him, "You little rats!" he growls at the kobolds and unleashes a flaming burst against the two nearest kobolds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Burning Spray vs Minion 1 and Slink's reflex

Minion 1 [roll]1d20+5[roll]
    Slink [roll]1d20+5[roll]

Damage: (1d8+5)[7]
    "Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering DM; to the last I argue with thee; from hell’s heart I slay catgirls at thee; for Galgenhumor’s sake I spit my last snark at thee. Sink all Sues and all katanas to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still gaming with thee, though ticked at thee, thou damned DM! Thus, I give up the logic!"

15. - Top - End - #225

GreenSorcererElf

Attack rolls didn't work

Spoiler
    Show
    Burning Spray vs Minion 1 and Slink's reflex

Minion 1 (1d20+5)[10]
    Slink (1d20+5)[11]

16. - Top - End - #226

Opening his palms jets of searing flame leap from the sorcerer's fingertips toward the kobold scavengers. Unfortunately both targets are agile enough to avoid the fanlike sheets of fire, much to Kerem's dismay.

Lo-Kag it's time to turn this battle around!
    Battle Map
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lo-Kag - Goliath Warden

Lo-Kag noticed that the battle was going poorly at the moment, but he thought of it as a momentary problem. True, the kobolds had a numerical advantage, but with such puny creatures two-to-one odds made the fight even. Lo-Kag decided to finish off the heavily armored kobold, as he was pretty badly battered already. He rushed towards him and aimed another powerful strike at the kobold.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to D21.
    Attacking the Dragonshield with Weight of Earth: (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[10]
    And marking every adjacent enemy as well, for good measure.
    Also, in case the dragonshield survives, I will use Stone's Endurance.

18. - Top - End - #228

Lo-Kag sidesteps one of the skirmishers to gain better position on the cowardly leader who had struck him in the back. The giant raises his blade high above his head, before swinging it in a downward arc right onto the dragonshield's exposed head. Blood explodes from the blow and the creature crumples into a heap out of the fight, permanently.

Sliding closer to the table the skirmisher raises its spear intending to skewer Rex with the sharp weapon. The attack is aimed poorly allowing the warrior to sidestep it entirely much to the kobold's disappointment.

Enemy Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    SK1
    Move: Move to G20
    Standard: Attack Rex with Spear
    Attack Roll:(1d20+6)[13]
    Damage: (1d8)[5]
    Minor: Use Shifty to shift to H20

Rolan show these inferior minds what you can do!
    Battle Map
    Initiative Order: M2, S1, M1, SL1, Eldon, M3, Kerem, Lo-Kag, SK1, Rolan, SK2, M4, M5, Rex
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-11-19 at 08:04 PM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

19. - Top - End - #229

Lizardfolk

Rolan Berelain - Human Psion

Despite kobolds pouring into the hallway and surrounding his compatriot, Rolan remains cold and calm. The orb in his hand glows brighter for a moment as Rolan attempts to invade the mind of the kobold nearest him.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mind Thrust vs Minion 2's AC: (1d20+6)[20]
    Damage: (1d10+7)[14]

The rest of my actions depend on whether or not I kill the minion so I'll post again after Hircine.

Edit: I'm assuming a 20 will hit the minion so I'm adding my next action below.

Without waiting for his target to even fall Rolan shifts his attention with precision and contemplates the kobolds still in the hall before Kerem. Rolan opens his mind and sends his thoughts to Kerem. Kerem, sorry for intruding, but I believe the situation warrants. Tell me your target and I can aid in your next attack.

More OOC - Hircine and Arranis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolan uses Send Thoughts as a free action to mentally communicate with Kerem. It lets me send 25 words or less and Kerem can respond with 25 words or less as a free action. Rolan will ready the minor action "Distract" to target whomever Kerem selects at his command. Distract targets one creature with a range of 10. The target grants combat advantage to the next creature that attacks it before the end of my next turn. If you feel Kerem doesn't need the combat advantage just say so and I won't use it.
    Last edited by Dakaran; 2012-11-20 at 10:20 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230

GreenSorcererElf

If someone can manage to take out the minion in front of me, I can probably get that slinky one behind it. Kerem thinks back. That little fellow looks like he'd have an easy time of dodging our blows otherwise.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Someone kill Minion 1.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-11-20 at 09:05 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231

Infiltrating the mind of one of the smaller kobolds is child's play for Rolan, who is able to shatter the creature's lesser mind with ease, killing it instantly.

Furious at Lo-Kag for killing its leader, the skirmisher violently thrusts its spear at the giant trying to inflict a mortal wound. The gargantuan man just manages to lift his shield to parry the blow. Yipping angrily the kobold moves around preparing to attack again.

Both minions are rattled by the dragonshield's untimely demise, but manage to muster up some courage and bound down the stairs into the fray. The first judges the distance between itself and the goliath before heaving a javelin across the room.The weapon is overthrown, ever so slightly as the projectile ends up landing right at his feet.

Seeing a more dangerous adversary in Eldon the second attempts to peg him with its own missile. The Ardent isn't as fortunate as he is struck right in the chest, causing him to wince in pain.

Enemy Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    SK2
    Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[15]
    Damage: (1d8)[7]
    Minor: Shifty to C21

M4
    Move: Move to G18
    Standard: Attack Lo-Kag with Javelin
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[17]

M5
    Move: Move to I17
    Standard: Attack Eldon with Javelin
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[24]

Rex you're covered in some kind of sticky substance. Can you get free and back into the fight?
    Battle Map
    Initiative Order: S1, M1, SL1, Eldon, M3, Kerem, Lo-Kag, SK1, Rolan, SK2, M4, M5, Rex
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-11-20 at 08:54 PM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

Rex - Human Fighter

Rex struggles frantically as he attempts to get free from the goo holding him in place, while sliding his backpack off his shoulders then swings it off his arm at one of the smaller kobolds in the room.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard
    RBA vs Kobold Minion 4: (1d20)[16] vs AC; Damage (1d4)[2]
    Saving Throw
    Save vs Imobilization: (1d20)[8]
    Last edited by Locklear; 2012-11-21 at 07:15 PM.
    A party of adventurers walk into a bar. Except for the dwarf cleric, he walks under it.

I do remixes to music that everyone loves, check it out on my soundcloud:
    Soundcloud
    Youtube

23. - Top - End - #233

Rooted to a spot by some sort of glue-like substance forces Rex to improvise to remain in the fight. Getting an idea he slides his pack off his shoulders, and tosses the heavy rucksack right at one of the minion's. The reptile's eyes widen in horror as it's crushed under the weight of the warrior's belongings.

The slinger loads another ceramic pot into its sling, and it starts winding up its projectile launcher, having set its sights on that meddling Ardent. Luckily for Eldon the projectile sails right over his head and crashes into the nearest wall.

Drawing back its spear the minion again tries to find holes in Kerem's defenses. The drow's reflexes allow him to sidestep the poorly aimed jab with ease.

Clearly uncomfortable with an enemy breathing down its neck, the slink slips away looking for easier prey. In its haste it leaves itself open for Eldon to attack. With the drow being distracted by one of its subordinates the slink uses the opportunity to inflict more pain on the drow. While the drow manages to evade one spear attack the slink is able to skewer him right in the chest, sending copious amount of blood flowing from the sorcerer. Cackling once more the kobold slinks away.

Enemy Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    S
    Standard: Attack Eldon with Gluepot
    Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[7]
    Effect: Eldon is immobilized

M1
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[7]

Sl
    Move: Move to D15
    Attack Roll: (1d20+6)[22]
    Damage: (1d8)[6] CA: (1d6)[6]
    Minor: Shift and Slide to D14

Eldon you're up!
    Battle Map
    Initiative Order: S1, M1, SL1, Eldon, M3, Kerem, Lo-Kag, SK1, Rolan, SK2, M5, Rex
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-11-22 at 05:17 PM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Eldon Kennings - Human Ardent

Eldon quickly wheels his polearm around in a smooth movement in an attempt to take advantage of the opening the kobold slink had provided. He chops at the retreating foe before turning his attention to other targets.

Eldon blinks his eyes tight for a moment, sending a wave of rejuvenating psionic energy at Kerem, hoping to keep the sorcerer on his feet for a few more minutes.

Finally, Eldon steps up toe to toe with one of the kobolds, but swings over its head aiming for the more annoying foe with the sling behind him. With his swing, he attempts to let his own resolve to fight spill over to Rex giving him the strength to pull at his gluey bonds again. If Rex does not manage to pull himself free, Eldon lifts his elbow, giving Rex access to the javelin tucked in his belt. "Feel free to use my javelins," he says. There are two there.

Spoiler
    Show

Opportunity Attack on Slink (1d20+3)[20]. If it hits, the slink takes damage - (1d10+4)[14].

Minor: Ardent Surge for Kerem. He can spend a surge and gets back an additional (1d6)[4] hp. He also gets a +1 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

Move: to G20

Standard: Focusing Strike on the Slinger Attack vs AC - (1d20+6)[9]. If it hits, he takes damage - (1d10+4)[8] and Rex gets a saving throw against his immobilization.

And a reminder since it looks like Eldon will get bloodied soon. When he does, I’ll trigger his ardent outrage. This is a close burst 5 with the effect, every enemy in the burst grants CA until the start of my next turn.

25. - Top - End - #235

Eldon's halberd cuts deeply into the slink's side, eliciting a screech of pain from the creature. His focus then shifts from the fleeing kobold to Kerem who is once again not fairing well. A wave of rejuvenating psionic energy restores the sorcerer, getting him back into the fight.

The Ardent then moves to punish the slinger who has been harassing the group for some time now. His swing is to high allowing the kobold to simply duck its head out of harms way.

Seeing one of its enemies move in range the minion slides over to meet him. It vigorously thrusts its weapon at Eldon looking for a hole in his defenses. As the Ardent's armor is punctured by the kobold's spear, he doubles over in pain, while blood cascades from his many open wounds.

Enemy Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    M3
    Move: Shift to G19
    Standard: Attack Eldon with spear
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[22]

Kerem and Lo-Kag you're up!
    Battle Map
    Initiative Order: S1, M1, SL1, Eldon, M3, Kerem, Lo-Kag, SK1, Rolan, SK2, M5, Rex
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-11-27 at 06:50 PM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Eldon - Human Ardent

As the spear pierces Eldon's side, a wave of psionic energy rolls outward away from him. The pain he feels is magnified and transferred to his enemies. The shock of suddenly feeling Eldon's pain makes them defend themselves less effectively.

Spoiler
    Show

When Eldon was bloodied, he triggers Ardent Outrage. Every enemy in a close burst of 5 from Eldon now grants combat advantage until the start of Eldon's next turn. Make the most of it!

27. - Top - End - #237

GreenSorcererElf

Kerem-Drow Sorcerer

Kerem grins as he sees Kobolds fall among him. He turns to the nearest one and chuckles as he *SNAP* sends a firey bolt at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Burning Spray vs Mn1's reflex
    (1d20+5)[6] vs Reflex
    (1d8+5)[9]

But stares in shock as not only does it miss, but singe his eyebrows off.
    Last edited by Arranis Thelmos; 2012-11-27 at 11:15 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238

Frustrated with his earlier failure Kerem again tries to set the kobold that is harassing him aflame. His attempt backfires, singeing off his eyebrows and covering the drow's face with soot.

The kobold falls to the floor and starts rolling around in a fit of hysterics.

Lo-Kag, can you turn the tide!?
    Battle Map
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lo-Kag - Goliath Warden

Lo-Kag knew that the battle was going poorly for him and his companions, and that brash actions were needed to turn it around. An opportunity presented itself when Eldon's powers distracted their enemies.

The goliath tapped into the might of his race, making his skin take on the texture and hardness of a stone. Then, he sprinted towards the largest group of kobolds, ignoring the vermin he was facing. After arriving, he stomped on the ground, making the earth under his feet shake and strike out against his foes. He growled in defiance, daring the kobolds to face him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Activating Stone's Endurance.
    Moving to H19.
    Using Roots of Stone against the minion, skirmisher and slinger.

Attack:(1d20+9)[23]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[9]

Attack:(1d20+9)[23]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[10]

Attack:(1d20+9)[27]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[6]

And marking everybody still standing for good measure.

30. - Top - End - #240

In his hurry to help his companions Lo-Kag leaves himself wide open to a direct hit from the kobold's spear. The sharp implement worms its way past the giant's armor but is unable to pierce his skin, much to the kobold's chagrin.

Opportunity Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    SK2
    Attack Roll:(1d20+6)[20]
    Damage: (1d8)[3]

The goliath bounds across the room into the largest massing of kobolds, and drives his sword through the wood into the ground. Lo-Kag's attack sunders the earth beneath the reptilian scavengers feet, killing the smaller kobold and injuring its allies.

Picking itself up from the rubble the skirmisher sets its sights on the giant. Maneuvering through debris the kobold stabs at Lo-Kag's back. The creature's footing isn't true causing it to slip and fall flat on its face.

Enemy Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    SK1
    Move: Shift to G19
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[10]
    Damage: (1d8)[8] CA: (1d6)[5]

Rolan, the scales are beginning to tip in the party's favor. Can you keep the momentum going?
    Battle Map
    Initiative Order: S1, M1, SL1, Eldon, Kerem, Lo-Kag, SK1, Rolan, SK2, M5, Rex
    Last edited by Hircine; 2012-11-28 at 08:07 PM.
    Currently DMing:

Currently Playing:

EXACTLY 12 NOON.