New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Gouger's Gulch (IC)

Wind's blowing hard today in the Gulch, bringing sand from the west howling down the canyons and through the small town. The locals duck their heads into the wind and cover their faces with scarves, hoods, whatever they got. The sand could get pretty nasty, the old timers say there's a hellscape somewhere in the canyons and some wind-demon tries to escape now and again to rip the flesh from the bones of...and that's when the old timer telling the story starts coughing, takes a drink, and forgets what he was saying. Gulch's full of folks like that, saying all kinds of weird stuff can be found nearby. But the mountains around Gouger's Gulch were steep, with knife-sharp ridges and tribes of vulture-men who don't care for visitors. The canyons between the peaks are a maze, you can get lost less than half a mile from the edge of town if you're not careful. Another story the old timers like to tell is how gods of ink and paper lost a bet with the Gulch's founder, and ever since no map of the canyons can be drawn. And in this hot, dusty, unplottable, worthless piece of dirt called a town by the most liberal interpretation of the word... The fates of nations are decided.

The Gulch is the best place in Creation to buy exotic and powerful weapons, hire godblooded mercenaries, and find the biggest bounty offers in the world. Some folks in the Gulch pay better than the Realm itself for a genuine Solar, and the canyon walls behind the shop fronts hide the most extensive armories in the Threshold. The Gulch is a place to get rich, famous, destitute, forgotten, or lost. Sometimes all at once. That's what drew you here. Somewhere in this town is what you need.

Malachite Serpent is slipped a piece of paper by a small boy running past. A man was brought to the town doctor with very specific wounds. The mortals did not know what the signs meant, but if it was true this man had been wounded, perhaps killed, by soulsteel.

Janah finds the arena closed that morning, apparently someone had broken in and attacked some of the workers last night, they had been taken to the doctor.

Nasul arrives with a caravan from the East, he had been told this town was very important in the Realm's presence in the Threshold...

Vira is in the same caravan, but remains unaware that Nasul is one of the very Solars she seeks. In this town she heard there was a man who could produce bursts of golden light in combat. Could he be one of her Celestial brethren?
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Gouger's Gulch (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be using < and > to mark thoughts. Also, in every subsequent day I'll be using Methodology of Secrets the night before and will note what specializations I'm using whenever you note a new day has started.

<Interesting. Soulsteel means deathknights, and deathknights most likely mean the Lion.>. After quickly looking around to ensure nobody is paying attention, Serpent heads for the doctor with much more alacrity than one would expect of Burning Opal; who is crippled in one leg as a means of ensuring that Serpent has an excuse to keep his staff on hand. On the way, he attempts to identify the hand-writing on the note; as his reasonable status in the Convention of Fire means that he recognizes the hand-writing of most of the region's other Sidereals.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Jannah heads to the healer to see how the workers are doing, and perhaps chat amicably.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vira mutters to herself as she navigates the gulch. The dry environment being particularly an affront to her given her upbringing. She presses on regardless seeking to find the source of the rumor, even if it turns out to be false it's probably been spread by someone who knew one.
    UPDATE 11/8/2013- My little baby is here, I will post as I can.
    Update 9/13/2015- My second Baby Boy
    Update 1/25/2017- My Baby Girl is Born

"Schadenfreude is chocolate for the Soul. That's why ours are full of cavities." Davan, Something Positive

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iamyourking View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be using < and > to mark thoughts. Also, in every subsequent day I'll be using Methodology of Secrets the night before and will note what specializations I'm using whenever you note a new day has started.

<Interesting. Soulsteel means deathknights, and deathknights most likely mean the Lion.>. After quickly looking around to ensure nobody is paying attention, Serpent heads for the doctor with much more alacrity than one would expect of Burning Opal; who is crippled in one leg as a means of ensuring that Serpent has an excuse to keep his staff on hand. On the way, he attempts to identify the hand-writing on the note; as his reasonable status in the Convention of Fire means that he recognizes the hand-writing of most of the region's other Sidereals.
    The handwriting appears to be completely mundane, written by a mortal. As he limps to the doctor's shack, he sees a young woman get there a dozen steps ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    Jannah heads to the healer to see how the workers are doing, and perhaps chat amicably.
    Jannah reaches the doc's place to find him pouring over a large book of poisons and toxins. On the table is a man with a black-edged wound in his side. Normally this injury would not be critical, but he looks like he's on the verge of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Gem_Knight View Post
    Vira mutters to herself as she navigates the gulch. The dry environment being particularly an affront to her given her upbringing. She presses on regardless seeking to find the source of the rumor, even if it turns out to be false it's probably been spread by someone who knew one.
    In one of the saloons (Gulch has a half dozen of them) she finds a loudmouth who's most eager to gossip, puffing out his chest as if his meager knowledge makes him more important. "Yew want Masser Rat, yew do, lives on the edge o' town. He's b'tween jobs righ' now, so he'll be showin' that boy e's got new ways t' punch things. Rat's a rat all right, threw his last fight just 'cause he knew I bet a bundle on him, did it to spite me..."

6. - Top - End - #6

Poison? She grimaces. Were they able to say anything about their attacker or attackers that you know of? She walks over and pumps a mote of solar essence into the dying man through his forehead, hoping that it might help in some manner. Then she pumps one into the wound. A soft golden glow alights her skin. (Using peripheral).
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2013-08-19 at 07:59 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Nasul smiles as the bitingly hot wind flashes into his face <Feels just like home.>. He hops from the caravan as it crosses into town, and ducks into a nearby saloon, attempting to track down some information on realm recruiters, as well as pick up the latest news in the Gulch.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Serpent makes his way around the woman, more focused on the wound to notice her use of Solar essence; although he keeps an ear open to any conversation between her and the doctor. He approaches the doctor, Excuse me, but I believe I may be of help here. There is not much I can do about the wound but I think I may be able to identify what caused it. If I may examine it?
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    In one of the saloons (Gulch has a half dozen of them) she finds a loudmouth who's most eager to gossip, puffing out his chest as if his meager knowledge makes him more important. "Yew want Masser Rat, yew do, lives on the edge o' town. He's b'tween jobs righ' now, so he'll be showin' that boy e's got new ways t' punch things. Rat's a rat all right, threw his last fight just 'cause he knew I bet a bundle on him, did it to spite me..."
    "That's terrible to hear dear," she plays as though she actually cares, with the practice that only a dynast can have at stroking egos*. She gives him a small amount of money for his time apologizing that she can't properly help him recoup his losses.

Spoiler
    Show

Manipulation [3] + Socialize [2] (5d10)[2][4][2][5][8](21) basically intent is just to leave with a positive impression.

After which she gets up and heads towards the edge of town to find this "Rat" person.

"Schadenfreude is chocolate for the Soul. That's why ours are full of cavities." Davan, Something Positive

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Poison? She grimaces. Were they able to say anything about their attacker or attackers that you know of? She walks over and pumps a mote of solar essence into the dying man through his forehead, hoping that it might help in some manner. Then she pumps one into the wound. A soft golden glow alights her skin. (Using peripheral).
    The man breathes a little easier, but still looks terrible. "No, he hasn't said anything. He's lucky though, two others were dead when help arrived."

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofSilence View Post
    Nasul smiles as the bitingly hot wind flashes into his face <Feels just like home.>. He hops from the caravan as it crosses into town, and ducks into a nearby saloon, attempting to track down some information on realm recruiters, as well as pick up the latest news in the Gulch.
    The saloon is full of chatter, men haggling over steam cannons and shipping costs, people with maps detailing Realm Legion movements, and one group in the corner haggling over mercenary wages to invade the Lap. The Gulch, it seems, doesn't care much for information security.

"That's terrible to hear dear," she plays as though she actually cares, with the practice that only a dynast can have at stroking egos*. She gives him a small amount of money for his time apologizing that she can't properly help him recoup his losses.

Spoiler
    Show

Manipulation [3] + Socialize [2] [roll0] basically intent is just to leave with a positive impression.

After which she gets up and heads towards the edge of town to find this "Rat" person.
    Rat's "shack" is hardly that, it's a small temple and dojo in a small side canyon. She can hear activity inside, students training, and sees a flash of golden light.

Serpent makes his way around the woman, more focused on the wound to notice her use of Solar essence; although he keeps an ear open to any conversation between her and the doctor. He approaches the doctor, Excuse me, but I believe I may be of help here. There is not much I can do about the wound but I think I may be able to identify what caused it. If I may examine it?
    The doctor looks up. "Oh, Serpent. Be my guest, but in case it is poison don't touch it, I don't need two patients right now." He goes back to his book.

11. - Top - End - #11

She pushes another two motes into the man, and watches curiously. She turns her head and looks at Serpent, then returns her attention to the wounded man.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2013-08-21 at 06:12 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

12. - Top - End - #12

Rat's "shack" is hardly that, it's a small temple and dojo in a small side canyon. She can hear activity inside, students training, and sees a flash of golden light.
    Vira looks for a polite entrance and makes her way to it. For the moment her weapons are not drawn and her body language reads no signs of hostile intent. While she probably doesn't look like a potential student per say- she comes off as one who looks like they might be convinced. Going in hoping someone will lead her to the source of the golden glow.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Taking advantage of Janah's distraction, Serpent sidles over to the doctor and whispers Who told you that name? When Janah over there leaves we are going to have a talk. Until then though, I'm Opal. Turning away from the doctor, he goes back to examining the victim; taking 15 minutes to find as many wounds as possible and look for signs that his essence may have been drained by Soulsteel or that the wounds were caused by Abyssals, Ghosts, or other inhabitants of the Underworld.

Spoiler
    Show
    For convenience; I got 4 successes on Investigation and Occult and 1 for Lore.
    Last edited by Iamyourking; 2013-08-22 at 03:12 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

She pushes another two motes into the man, and watches curiously. She turns her head and looks at Serpent, then returns her attention to the wounded man.
    He doesn't respond to her additional efforts.

Vira looks for a polite entrance and makes her way to it. For the moment her weapons are not drawn and her body language reads no signs of hostile intent. While she probably doesn't look like a potential student per say- she comes off as one who looks like they might be convinced. Going in hoping someone will lead her to the source of the golden glow.
    An acolyte is sitting by the main door. He stands when she approaches. He's wearing a simple outfit of off-white linen and sandals, his head freshly shaved. He bows deeply. "Welcome to the Temple of Mice, how can we help you?"

Taking advantage of Janah's distraction, Serpent sidles over to the doctor and whispers Who told you that name? When Janah over there leaves we are going to have a talk. Until then though, I'm Opal. Turning away from the doctor, he goes back to examining the victim; taking 15 minutes to find as many wounds as possible and look for signs that his essence may have been drained by Soulsteel or that the wounds were caused by Abyssals, Ghosts, or other inhabitants of the Underworld.

Spoiler
    Show
    For convenience; I got 4 successes on Investigation and Occult and 1 for Lore.
    "Sure, sure. Gouger pointed you out to me, said not to bother trying to pull one over on you, honestly would be best. Never expected Gouger to ever say that." Tapping the book, he gets up and starts collecting jars from a dusty shelf. As much as Serpent can tell, the man has a single stab wound in his shoulder, like he was hit by an arrow. Spiritually he seems fine.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

<Well then, I'll just have to take a different approach.> First he tries to recall if he had ever heard of the victim through his contacts before asking the doctor if he knows anything about the victim and how he received the injury. Serpent then uses Efficient Secretary Technique to contact his personal library in Yu-Shan, which is quite extensive, to look for substances that could cause these effects.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Jannah looks serpent over for any identifying items, standing directly next to (him/her) as she is.

((MOTE USE! PERCEPTION ROLL! YAY! 3 sux. You silly Sidereal. Assuming that it is peripheral the following happens.))

Jannah's eyes widen just ever so slightly, she turns and leaves somewhat more quickly than one might otherwise expect.

((If it is not peripheral, the following happens.))

Jannah seems to lose interest for the immediate moment, and returns to watching the man, keeping her two or four motes committed.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2013-08-23 at 06:24 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Nasul glances around the saloon <Well... this is not really what I expected.>, then takes a seat at the bar and starts chatting up the locals, attempting to determine more about the local goings on.

18. - Top - End - #18

An acolyte is sitting by the main door. He stands when she approaches. He's wearing a simple outfit of off-white linen and sandals, his head freshly shaved. He bows deeply. "Welcome to the Temple of Mice, how can we help you?"
    Vira has a small smile cross her lips, thinking privately, 'Rat huh, some grudge,' outwardly she keeps her smile. "I believe I've been looking for this place for some time, drawn here, by forces I can't exactly describe," not adding that she can't describe them because she doesn't want to just randomly announce she's been looking for solars.
    Last edited by Gem_Knight; 2013-08-23 at 12:52 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

A curious expression crosses her face, having pondered the dying man's reaction. She reach out and touches the blackened area lightly, attempting to cause the man no further pain, but to see if she senses anything 'unnatural' from the wound.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

<Well then, I'll just have to take a different approach.> First he tries to recall if he had ever heard of the victim through his contacts before asking the doctor if he knows anything about the victim and how he received the injury. Serpent then uses Efficient Secretary Technique to contact his personal library in Yu-Shan, which is quite extensive, to look for substances that could cause these effects.
    The spider informs him this is a common skin reaction to the vitality-draining effects of soulsteel, though this man seems to have come off worse than most, it's almost like an allergic reaction. Soulsteel only usually has this effect on spirit-beings.

Nasul glances around the saloon <Well... this is not really what I expected.>, then takes a seat at the bar and starts chatting up the locals, attempting to determine more about the local goings on.
    Everyone is buzzing about the fight at the arena last night, someone had sneacked in and attacked the cleaning crew with arrows made of darkness. Of course, others claimed they were tentacles, or pieces of Oblivion. That one is...unlikely.

Vira has a small smile cross her lips, thinking privately, 'Rat huh, some grudge,' outwardly she keeps her smile. "I believe I've been looking for this place for some time, drawn here, by forces I can't exactly describe," not adding that she can't describe them because she doesn't want to just randomly announce she's been looking for solars.
    He smiles. "Wonderful! My Master is inside, he's been hoping someone like you would come!" He throws the door open, motioning for her to follow. The inside is spotlessly clean, though there is a number of white mice about... In the courtyard, a dozen students are practicing katas while an older man watches. He looks old, but still possesses strong vitality and bright golden hair.

A curious expression crosses her face, having pondered the dying man's reaction. She reach out and touches the blackened area lightly, attempting to cause the man no further pain, but to see if she senses anything 'unnatural' from the wound.
    She does not sense anything, but the man squirms as she pokes at his open wound. The doctor swats her wrist. "Stop that!"

21. - Top - End - #21

She blinks down at the wound. "I apologize. I was just wondering..." She trails off and shakes her head, looking uncertain as to what exactly she could have been wondering. "Excuse me, I'm going to go see if anyone saw anything."

(Do you know how to touch something WITHOUT poking it? Perhaps you also know how to hold paper between your hands WITHOUT ripping it... then again, considering I apparently poked his WOUND, I'd guess you don't?)
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2013-08-24 at 01:05 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

First, Serpent wracks his mind to see if he can identify the patient as a spirit and if not if there is any reason he could be reacting like one to an injury from soulsteel, with 6 successes. Next, he queries the doctor Did you happen to find an arrowhead or fragments of a blade in his wound? If so, I would like to look at it. and repeats his question about whether anything is known about the patient and how he received the wound.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

He smiles. "Wonderful! My Master is inside, he's been hoping someone like you would come!" He throws the door open, motioning for her to follow. The inside is spotlessly clean, though there is a number of white mice about... In the courtyard, a dozen students are practicing katas while an older man watches. He looks old, but still possesses strong vitality and bright golden hair.
    Vira follows toward the old man. Trying to gauge a general observation of him as she approaches.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception (3) + Investigation (2) + First Excellency (4m, personal pool to stay low key) (9d10)[4][2][2][2][9][4][4][10][6](43)

Wow that's painful, 9 dice, 3 successes....
    Last edited by Gem_Knight; 2013-08-24 at 08:53 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

She blinks down at the wound. "I apologize. I was just wondering..." She trails off and shakes her head, looking uncertain as to what exactly she could have been wondering. "Excuse me, I'm going to go see if anyone saw anything."
    "It's fine, just don't touch it, I don't know what kind of poison it might be yet."

First, Serpent wracks his mind to see if he can identify the patient as a spirit and if not if there is any reason he could be reacting like one to an injury from soulsteel, with 6 successes. Next, he queries the doctor Did you happen to find an arrowhead or fragments of a blade in his wound? If so, I would like to look at it. and repeats his question about whether anything is known about the patient and how he received the wound.
    "Haven't examined the wound closely yet, I wanted to rule out poison first." The man does not appear to be a spirit, but he could be some form of Godborn, it would explain why he survived and the other workers did not.

Vira follows toward the old man. Trying to gauge a general observation of him as she approaches.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception (3) + Investigation (2) + First Excellency (4m, personal pool to stay low key) [roll0]

Wow that's painful, 9 dice, 3 successes....
    He's in extremely good shape, to good for someone his age. he's also bereft of any visible scars, which seems odd for a professional fighter... he turns as she approaches. "Yes, can I help you?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

I do not believe that he was poisoned, as these wounds are more consistent with an injury caused by soulsteel. If the doctor does not know what soulsteel is, Serpent explains; leaving out any mention of Deathlords and Abyssal exalts. He then conducts another examination, looking for signs of God-Blooded mutations (2 successes), while waiting for the doctor to finish and for Jannah to return from her investigation.
    Last edited by Iamyourking; 2013-08-26 at 10:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Janah makes her way back to the arena. And asks if anyone saw or heard anything. She then demands to see where the attacks took place, being perhaps over confident in her combative prowess... but not likely.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Nasul frowns as he hears mention of the wounded cleaning crew, then rises and heads for the door, pausing only to ask "And the arena is which way?" This information gained, he hurries in the indicated direction. <Realm be damned. No matter what caused that, it sounds pressing.>

Once he arrives, he heads around for the back entrance attempting to ingratiate himself with the workers there, in hopes of getting some information on the attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    If a roll is needed, it'll be in OOC)
    Last edited by OracleofSilence; 2013-08-27 at 11:50 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28

"That depends, if you are what I hope then I have been searching for those like us, if not, then probably not." She smiles and gives a small bow out of respect.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

I do not believe that he was poisoned, as these wounds are more consistent with an injury caused by soulsteel. If the doctor does not know what soulsteel is, Serpent explains; leaving out any mention of Deathlords and Abyssal exalts. He then conducts another examination, looking for signs of God-Blooded mutations (2 successes), while waiting for the doctor to finish and for Jannah to return from her investigation.
    "That...is horrible. Who in their right minds would make weapons out of something like that?" He sees no signs of mutation, besides his endurance of the injury. The doctor peels open one of the man's eyes, continuing to examine him, and that's when Serpent sees his pale grey irises. Not proof of spirit-blood, but certainly unusual.

Janah makes her way back to the arena. And asks if anyone saw or heard anything. She then demands to see where the attacks took place, being perhaps over confident in her combative prowess... but not likely.
    The only person at the arena is a young man dressed in mercenary armor. That is, armor that looks like it was assembled from several different suits, and holding a simple spear. "Oh, um, yes, over here..." Occasionally glancing at her, he shows her where the bodies were found. Besides the blood on the floor, there's no evidence a fight had taken place. The attacker apparently caught them all by surprise. They were attacked in a corridor that runs under the more expensive box seats, a cliff face forming the left-hand side of the passage.

Nasul frowns as he hears mention of the wounded cleaning crew, then rises and heads for the door, pausing only to ask "And the arena is which way?" This information gained, he hurries in the indicated direction. <Realm be damned. No matter what caused that, it sounds pressing.>

Once he arrives, he heads around for the back entrance attempting to ingratiate himself with the workers there, in hopes of getting some information on the attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    If a roll is needed, it'll be in OOC)
    "It's jus' down that way, can't miss it..."

As he arrives, he finds a young woman already inspecting the scene.

(that would be Janah)

"That depends, if you are what I hope then I have been searching for those like us, if not, then probably not." She smiles and gives a small bow out of respect.
    He bows in return and directs her to a low table with a steaming pot of tea and several cups. He offers her one and takes one for himself. "And, what is it you think I am?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

You really do not want to know. I am going to follow up on some leads, send to my house when you have finished your examination. Upon his return, Serpent sends letters to his contacts in the Gulch looking for any information that he has not already found, sends the spider back to his library to see how common grey eyes are among southern Godblooded, and then dwells on the matter for some time; going over the situation in his head and looking for anything that could potentially help.
    Last edited by Iamyourking; 2013-08-28 at 06:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show