Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 318

Thread: Broken Men IC

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Broken Men IC

    Your eyes open for a split second, yet all you see is darkness. Your eyes blink groggily, each time more and more destruction slide into your view. The sky is alight with fire, raining down all around you. The silhouette of a ship burns across the horizon, molten slag and debris break off the ship as it plummets into the dirt of the planet under your feet.



    The wreckage, like all things must fall, and fall it does...

    You see a bright light flash out in the distance, contrasting the dark skies above. In the fiery illumination, you see a vast desert spreads out before you, all you see is desiccation and death. No creatures seem to stir from the intrusion of the wreckage; the world is holding it's breath, suffocating itself in its gloom.

    A derelect shuttle lays next to you, its cockpit plowed into the ground. Smoke billows from it's engines and a gaping hole has been ripped into its cargo bay, spilling out the bodies of its inhabitants. Some of these bodies move, yet the majority remain in death's icy grips.

    These are dark times indeed...

    Spoiler
    Show
    The passengers aboard the shuttle take 10 damage from the crash...


    {table=head]Player|Character|Class|Species
    Down Comforter|Taren Rush|Noble|Miraluka
    SoullessGinger|Aidan Corr|Soldier|Human
    thechosen2nd|Krish Kareen|Scout/Soldier|Cathar
    Drugged dwarf|Asha Zainadal|Soldier/Scoundrel|Khil
    kind_of_a_ROBOT|Ren Axton|Soldier/Jedi|Human
    The-Mage-King|Igniv Pencron|Scoundrel/Jedi|Human
    Felhammer|Wwrcahwowhwa|Jedi/Soldier|Wookie[/table]
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-07-01 at 11:40 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Aidan gets to his feet and checks himself for injuries. He must have hit his head, because this place is all strange to him. The smoking shuttle registers and he starts moving the injured away from it as quickly as he can.

    (OOC: Does Aidan have his gear? If not, locating it is his second priority.)

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    GMT-8

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Confused and battered, Taren immediately reaches out with the force in an attempt to find anyone still breathing in and around the wreck.

    Use the Force (Sense Surroundings):
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[16]
    (Ignores penalties to Perception from cover and concealment, and are considered to have Darkvision. DC of Use the Force checks to Sense Surroundings is unaffected by total cover)
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died


    Player Profile at the Registry

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    kind_of_a_ROBOT's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    the second city
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Ren touches his forehead gingerly, fingers coming away sticky and red, though the cut does't seem terrible. He sits up groggily, and looks around at the devastation that surrounds him. He tries to quiet his reeling mind, and put the pieces back together as he struggles to his feet. Seeing others moving about the wreckage he calls out. "Hey! Over here!", glancing around at the bodies that surround the crashed shuttle he adds, "I'm still alive!"

    Moving toward the other two figures, he looks around for any clues that might jog his memory.

    [General perception check]
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[27]
    Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    dude, we still don't have a troll.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Red skies and golden lights.

    That was all Asha had ever been able to remember from the family trip to Nar Shadaa. She had been, what, 6? 7? It was forgivable that a child, even a Khil, would not be able to recall the events of that day.

    Yet there she was, holding her mother's hand, giggling at Slussians and wondering how they ate without tentacles on their face. Her mother looked, free. Joyous. Nothing like the tough, strong military expert that she had grown up with. Hell, it she wasn't so hazy, she would have sworn her mother was wearing a long frilly dress.

    They stopped by stores, browsing gingerly at toys for kids - something Asha definately did not remember ever getting - and she recalled her mother's hand, leaning down to cup her head with a smile. She leaned down to Asha's ear, and whispered something. Something important. Something she needed to remember right now.

    Definately not something in binary.

    Her eyes flashed open, a giant gasp of air, followed by furious coughing, and a desperate shove to push a body off her legs. She crawled out of the shuttle in the midst of a powerful coughing fit, and fell flat on her back, her suit's diagnostics slowly reminding her that she should seek medical attention, and soon.

    She managed to lean to her side, rising up to her elbows from the dusty ground, managing a small "Help... please" between breaths.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    GMT-8

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Sensing first, and then seeing Asha stumble out of the wreck. Taren quickly limps over to her, his normally pristine uniform in tatters. He drops at her side, and glances over her, searching for any possible injuries.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception
    (1d20+9)[27]
    (or) Treat Injury
    (1d20+9)[25]


    "Take it easy now, it seems we've had a bit of an incident. Try not to move too much until I make sure you're alright." Talen quickly explains to the Khil. He keeps his focus on her as he asks, "What's your name?"
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died


    Player Profile at the Registry

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    She gasped, looking up at the form of the man who had rushed to her side. Words tried to connect from her head to her mouth, but a sharp pain cutting through her right abdomen turned it into a desperate yelp of angish.

    Asha looked down, her breathing now heavy with the coughing subsiding, and saw her blood starting to seep from her lower right side.

    "Think I... Think I hit something pretty bad...."

    Asha grits, her facial tentacles starting to contract, seemingly to keep her from screaming. A moment later, she speaks again.

    "Metal duke. Possibly from the crash. Not so deep. Got a medpac. On Utility Belt. Take the metal out, then stab me with it. It's for the... Pain."

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Ignoring the pain emanating throughout his body, Krish calmly gathers himself and walks over to the small group of injured beings already a safe distance from the ship. As he lays down his medical kit in the hot sand, he makes a cursory assessment of the poor souls in front of him, and frowns. Krish strides over to the destroyed shuttle and aids the soldier dragging the injured away from the wreck.

    as they set down a moaning human suffering copious blood loss, he murmurs to the soldier,
    "I only have three medpacs...and two hands. We are going to have to prioritize...

    He turns back to the wreakage, knowing the first priority in this situation is to get everyone outside of the potential blast zone of the smoking shuttle. His attantion is grabbed by a Miraluka squatting over a badly injured Khil, and he strides quickly but calmly towards them.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    GMT-8

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Noticing the approaching Cathar and his kit, Taren raises his voice to him, "We are going to need some medical attention over here."

    Tarn seeks to make the Khil more comfortable and attempts to telepathically pass calm emotions towards her.

    UtF (Telepathy)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just need a 15...
    (1d20+10)[29]
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died


    Player Profile at the Registry

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    "Hey, I can do it myself. You don't need to - UUUNNNG"

    She grimaces, the tentacles now in a tight bunch on her neck, her face a washboard of suffering. I've already cried out once, she thought. That was one too many.

    Strangely, an odd feeling started to wash over her, the feeling of stillness to her rather frantic mind. She seemed more focused. More aligned. More... here.

    Asha looked up at the man before her, and cocked her head. "Either you shot me full of that medpac while I wasn't looking, or I really shoudn't have had that ration pack for lunch yesterday. Is it.. yesterday? What day is it? Where are we?"

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Immediately recognizing the pain the young Khil was enduring, Krish took pity and let his instincts take over as he rushes to the side of the injured girl.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC: I'm going to take 10, since we don't seem to be in any immediate danger, and I'm additionally going to take the liberty of saying that you, Taren, are taking 10 to your own treat injury check to aid my treat injury check giving me +2. that makes a total of 10+13+2=25. Asha, you'll gain 13 hp. no idea how many you lost, or if this is all theoretical or whatever. anyway...
    Edit: btw, this is using your medkit on your utility belt Asha, as I left all my gear by the others.)


    Taking his time to find the source of the bleeding, and calmy directing the Miralukan in helping him turn the girl over, Krish patches up the wound. +13 hp to Asha.

    There. That should help some. Right now, we need to get you away from this wreck- it might not be safe. Let me get the stretcher out of my medical kit."
    Last edited by thechosen2nd; 2012-06-19 at 06:42 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Pulling himself up, Igniv looks around the crash site, trying to get a feel for the location.

    "Hm. No clue on where. Probably a sith held world." He says, catching the question Asha asked.

    "The important thing is 'How do we get off of here?', though. I, for one, have no desire to be stuck in the middle of nowhere for too long."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Use the Force to be hidden: (1d20+13)[15]

    UtF to sense surroundings: (1d20+13)[22]

    Perception to view surroundings: (1d20+4)[14]

    Avatar by Ceika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    The Next Round: Hundreds of the Guardians of Time show up and one of them screams out, "THIS IS AN UNSANCTIONED VIOLATION OF SPACE-TIME."

    Order the solars to attack and run like hell.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    GMT-8

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Content that the girl will be alright, Taren stands stiffly and seeks makes account of himself and his possessions.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died


    Player Profile at the Registry

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    "Get off me..." she cries, pushing both men away from here, as she slowly forces herself to sit up, then kneel, then - while leaning on the mirkulan's shoulder, to stand.

    "We just hard-crashed into the middle of nowhere on some backwater planet. And like the guy over there said, we need to establish communication with something. Anything. At all. And I don't have time to be lying in a stretcher!"

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    You notice that you have crashed onto a low plateau, at least the pilot managed to get you to a safe position. The desert stretches before you, vast and empty; tall, dry plants dot the expanse.


    @Ren:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A pale blue light shines from within the cockpit. It seems that the shuttle still has power, and its instruments may still be functional.


    @Taren:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The familiar weight of your equipment helps to lay your mind at ease.



    Behind you, the sun rises over the horizon. The dark red ball inches its way into the sky, it's warming rays cover the land. Yet the light soon turns from a glowing warmth to an almost scalding heat.
    The sun reveals a new entity, a rather large planetoid seems to obstruct a small portion of the sky.
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-19 at 08:04 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    GMT-8

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    As Taren quickly checks his weapons for damage, he absent-mindedly pats his bag. "If need be, I have a sensor pack that should be able to pick up local comm traffic."

    The beating heat prompts Taren to don his all-temperature cloak. "We should also see about reaching some cover."
    Last edited by Down Comforter; 2012-06-19 at 07:18 PM.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died


    Player Profile at the Registry

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Taken aback by the sudden vigor of the Khil, Krish takes a step back to give her space. He heaves a sigh, while finally taking the chance to fully take in his surroundings for the first time.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception to view surroundings: (1d20+8)[9]
    Survival to determine what direction we should most likely head to reach settlement: (1d20+8)[25]
    knowledge life sciences to learn about planet: (1d20+7)[16]

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    kind_of_a_ROBOT's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    the second city
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Ren makes note of the flickering instruments in the wreckage, and approaches the group of other survivors. Looking over the situation, especially the Khil woman, "is everyone alright, here?
    Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    dude, we still don't have a troll.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    She takes a few deep breaths, lip bitten to keep the dullness down. The odd feeling of stillness was fast fading, but it was the memory of calm that she was more focused on. There was work to be done.

    Taking the moment to reach into her medpac to apply a quick stim, she slowly limped herself over to the Miralukan, gesturing for him to hand over the sensor pack.

    "Alright. I am alright now" she stated, to pretty much all the eyes on her. Memories of her time served in charge came out, and it took a lot of willpower not to show a fear of being judged. "I've got myself a took kit in my pack over there, along with a medical kit. See if you guys can't tend to some of the other injured people. See if anyone's alive. I'll run this baby. Try and get help. Someone must be left up there, right?"
    Last edited by Drugged dwarf; 2012-06-19 at 07:34 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The-Mage-King's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    "Right." Igniv says as the sun rises. "You, blondie. Anything in the shuttle still work?"


    Then, he slips into Miralukese, speaking to Taren.

    "Use it. If we can find out the comm traffics, I have a long-range 'link. If they're friendly, I can call them in. If they're not, well, that's something we need to know too."
    Avatar by Ceika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    The Next Round: Hundreds of the Guardians of Time show up and one of them screams out, "THIS IS AN UNSANCTIONED VIOLATION OF SPACE-TIME."

    Order the solars to attack and run like hell.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Once the survivors are seen to, Aidan scans the nearby area.

    (integrated electrobinoculars, reduces range penalty to -1)
    Perception (1d20+6)[21]

    "Anyone know what we're doing out here? I seem to have hit my head."

    If there is nothing in the immediate area, he'll help try to get info or supplies from the shuttle. First making sure it's not about to explode.

    Mechanics (1d20+8)[20]

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    @Aidan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Noting the direction of the sun, you can see that the crashed Damocles is approximately 10 clicks to the South (relevant to the assumed standard revolution of the planet). The ship protrudes from the ground at a relatively low angle, its bow has sunk deep into the sand of the desert.
    The engines, though in utter direpair, are almost certainly stable. The fuel storage was cracked however, leaking a viscous clear fluid onto the surrounding area.


    @Krish
    Spoiler
    Show
    The planet is strange to you, it's featureless terrain does little to help to identify itself.
    The desert spans for a huge distance in all directions; though as you look about, a flock of migrant birds catches your eyes. They seem to be heading towards a large mountain range to the Southwest.


    The sensor pack jumps to life, it's radar dishes move about, attempting to focus on any comm traffic in the area.
    The readout displays:
    No communications found within area.
    Life forms detected at 0.93 Kilometers SSW

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    GMT-8

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Taren digs into his bag and hands the sensor pack off to the Khil. He draws his own set of electrobinoculars and scans the horizon for any signs of life or other possible wrecks.

    Perception
    (1d20+11)[29]

    He responds in Miralukese. "I'll let this one handle it. She needs something to concentrate on. What is your name, kin?"
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died


    Player Profile at the Registry

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    kind_of_a_ROBOT's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    the second city
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Ren looks at Igniv coldly, clearly not appreciating 'blondie,' "It looks parts of the instrument pannel are still functioning, maybe we can use them to find out where we are? He steps out from the shadow of the wreckage and scans the horizon, "The sooner, the better, probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    dude, we still don't have a troll.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Quote Originally Posted by kind_of_a_ROBOT View Post
    Ren looks at Igniv coldly, clearly not appreciating 'blondie,' "It looks parts of the instrument pannel are still functioning, maybe we can use them to find out where we are? He steps out from the shadow of the wreckage and scans the horizon, "The sooner, the better, probably.
    "If you'll handle that, I'll see what supplies we have."

    Aidan points out the fuel leak, "It looks stable enough for now, but I wouldn't count on it staying that way."

    Aidan searches for supplies, dragging anything valuable away from the shuttle.
    Last edited by SoullessGinger; 2012-06-19 at 08:41 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    @Aidan
    You find only a few basic survival tools buried in the debris of the small cargo hold. They all are stored in an average sized metal container.
    • Ration Pack (5)
    • Chain (10 meters)
    • Medpac (1)
    • Aqua breather (2)
    • Breath mask (1)
    • Glow rod (5)
    • Energy Cells (3)


    Also, roll a perception check...

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    (1d20+6)[13] Perception!

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Ballista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gratz, you're not blind...

    After your thorough search of the shuttle, you begin to head back out to your fellow survivors. Though a dim red glow emanates from below a pile of scrap metal. The scrap had blocked the light from your angle of sight when you previously entered the vessel.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballista View Post
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gratz, you're not blind...

    After your thorough search of the shuttle, you begin to head back out to your fellow survivors. Though a dim red glow emanates from below a pile of scrap metal. The scrap had blocked the light from your angle of sight when you previously entered the vessel.
    Aidan switches on his glowrod and investigates the source of the red light, pulling away as much scrap as he can.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    kind_of_a_ROBOT's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    the second city
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Broken Men IC

    Ren nods and heads towards the shuttle, stepping over unstable looking wreckage gingerly, heads to the instrument panel. Crossing his fingers, he starts tapping away at it, looking for astrogation data that might tell them where they are.

    UC - (1d20+2)[8]
    or Pilot? - (1d20+9)[29]
    Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    dude, we still don't have a troll.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •