New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Broken Men IC

1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Broken Men IC

Aidan continues trying to dig the droid out.

"Are you functional, droid?"

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

The droid's speech is riddled with static, yet is recognizable enough to understand.
    Sarcastic Remark: If you define that having 50 percent of one's body forcibly removed being within parameters of my function, then yes I am indeed functional.
    The droid tries to lean forward, but only succeeds in flailing his torso about a little.
    Shameful Request: It seems I am in a predicament, would you kindly remove this wreckage off of my chassis?
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-20 at 07:23 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hearing the scratchy voice from inside the wreckage, Taren pokes his head in. "Is that a... droid?"He pauses as Aidan digs at the wreckage. "Do you need some help?"
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died

Player Profile at the Registry

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

The droid is visibly straining to look up at the new arrival in the shuttle.
    His voice becomes clearer, exposing the obvious masculine personality of the droid as well as the rather sarcastic inflection with each statement.
    Irritated Response: Yes, this rubble is crushing my servos. It would be much appreciated if one of you organics could free me from this junk heap. I promise I won't bite.
    With that he lies back down, staring at the interior of the shuttle.
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-20 at 07:43 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Ren looks over his shoulder at the droid, then stands and moves to help removing the wreckage from on top of it. "Need a hand with that?"

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Down Comforter View Post
    Hearing the scratchy voice from inside the wreckage, Taren pokes his head in. "Is that a... droid?"He pauses as Aidan digs at the wreckage. "Do you need some help?"
    Quote Originally Posted by kind_of_a_ROBOT View Post
    Ren looks over his shoulder at the droid, then stands and moves to help removing the wreckage from on top of it. "Need a hand with that?"
    "Yes please. This thing is wedged in here rather tightly."

Quote Originally Posted by Ballista View Post
    The droid is visibly straining to look up at the new arrival in the shuttle.
    His voice becomes clearer, exposing the obvious masculine personality of the droid as well as the rather sarcastic inflection with each statement.
    Irritated Response: Yes, this rubble is crushing my servos. It would be much appreciated if one of you organics could free me from this junk heap. I promise I won't bite.
    With that he lies back down, staring at the interior of the shuttle.
    Aidan looks at the two men helping him, "What the hell kind of response was that? Have you ever heard a droid talk that way?"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Mocking Acrimony: Oh goodness, have I said something to offend you? I do loathe to upset organics... master, but I am afraid this is what becomes of a droid after a mechanic doesn't give one a good memory wipe every few seconds. But I rather like myself they way I am.
    Turning his head to face the other two in the cargo bay:
    Falsified Reassurance: You organics must be so glad to have this one tag along with the mission, his wits are as sharp as a vibroblade... or maybe a Kath Hound...
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-20 at 09:22 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

NecromancerGuy

Taren frowns, "I'm thinking it might be best to leave it there for a bit. If for no other reason than it's irritating."
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

"Ok, that's enough.

Aidan looks for the droid's power switch and will shut it off if he can find it. Then continue trying to free it.

Mechanics (1d20+8)[9]

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Ren chuckles as he bends down to grab hold of the wreckage pinning the droid. "Better be careful, keep up the jokes and someone is liable to shut you down," he says quietly to the droid.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

@Aidan
    You fumble around the droid's torso a bit, looking for the control panel. Finding a small indent on the side of the droid, you press against it and a small tink can be heard within the droid's chassis.
    Startled Remark: What did you just do organic? You cannot go digging around my...
    The droid pauses a for a few seconds, his photoreceptors dim and his body goes limp as he visibly shuts down.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

OOC: Not sure if we need another survival and perception check for continuing towards the mountain range, so I'll give you one just in case.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: (1d20+8)[18]
    Survival: (1d20+8)[23]

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Lok is the last to awaken from the crash. His head was banged up badly but, thanks to his master of the Force, he was none the worse for wear.Blood began to pour, ever so slightly, from his brow. It was at this very moment Lok dearly wished he had paid more attention during the class on Jedi Healing... Checking his wound with his hand, he realized it was nothing more than a small scratch, nothing to be too worried about. Suddenly, he began to panic, if he had sustained damage then perhaps... He immediately begins to grope his breath mask but luckily it was not damaged in the crash, so at least there was that.

He allows the others to form up teams a decide a plan. Lok had never been the leader type, he much preferred the role of soldier to command. Actually fighting for something you believe in, of watching your fellow man risk everything for the same cause - that was far more important than ordering men around. Perhaps that was why he signed up for this suicide mission in the first place.

Lok calms his mind and tries to reach out with the force, sensing everything around him - the people, the plants, the sand, the ship, everything. Utilizing Jedi breathing techniques, the Kel Dor calms his mind and finds focus once more.

Seeing the trouble with the Droid, Lok walks up and asks, "I can try to help lift the rubble and free the Droid with the Force. There are no guarantees but I will try my best... If that is alright with you my dear Protocol Droid." Right as he finishes his request, the "organic" shut the droid off.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry for my delay, I missed the post about the IC thread. Darn phone not updating me

Use the Force to Sense my Surroundings: (1d20+7)[12]

Use the Force to utilize Move Object to help free the Droid (1d20+7)[15], if it will help unburden the droid. If it will harm him, Lok will not life the rubble.

Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-06-20 at 11:15 PM.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

@Aidan
    You fumble around the droid's torso a bit, looking for the control panel. Finding a small indent on the side of the droid, you press against it and a small tink can be heard within the droid's chassis.
    Startled Remark: What did you just do organic? You cannot go digging around my...
    The droid pauses a for a few seconds, his photoreceptors dim and his body goes limp as he visibly shuts down.
    "That's better. Any of you own this thing?"

Aidan continues trying to free the droid. When he gets it out he will try to crack it open and get access to its memory core, sans the attitude.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Halfling in the Playground

She had stayed behind, while the rest of the team headed into the ship, eyes fixed on the droid. Her tentacles quivered, irritated at the sudden, but not unexpected, turn of events. It wasn't the first time an idea of hers had been shot down, nor would it be the last.

She took a longing look at the crashed ship, eyes dimmed. Perhaps he was right, that the ship may not be in any shape or form to be stable. She wondered how her mother would have handled this situation. How she would have probably gotten them to do something more sensible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge tech:
    see what I can discern from the ship's status. Also, if it did blow up (which I am suuuuuure we have enough time from), are we far enough away from it?
    (1d20+10)[25]

She probably would have gotten them rescued by now.

She probably wouldn't have crashed in the first place.

A pain in here side made her wince, and strangely, the thoughts of her mother went fleeting, as she slowly followed along, making her way into the shuttle to see the droid.

"Wow... you weren't kidding. Maybe he's got a record of the crash data. When you get him outta there I'll give it a good look. See if it's alright. Although it would probably be best to get it to speak for itself."

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Tech
    Trying to discern what function this droid would have had on the ship
    (1d20+10)[19]

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

While shuffling rubble as best he can from the droid, Ren turns his head at the sound of the new voice. Faint recognition of the Kel Dor's face flashes for him, but it takes a moment to place. He nods, "That would probably be easier..."

Standing and brushing his hands off on his thighs, Ren focuses for a moment...

Spoiler
    Show
    Use The Force to move light object or activate Move Object force power, whichever is more appropriate

(1d20+8)[14]

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

@Krish
    Spoiler
    Show
    You and your scouting party have reached the foot of the mountains. Searching for an easily accessible path through the mountain range, you settle on a steep, yet climbable byway, probably used by local wildlife.
    Though as you approach, you catch the reflection of metal out of the corner of your eye.

@Lok/Ren
    Spoiler
    Show
    The force comes to you easily, much of the smaller debris levitates from the ground as you manipulate them mid air into a neat pile outside the shuttle.

@Asha
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ship was Foray-Class Blockade Runner, distinguished by the smooth hull design and large thrusters at the stern. The Fission reactors used to power this class of ship are prone to overheating, which led to the development of multiple fail safe cooling systems. Of course there is no way to determine if these systems are fully functional from such a distance.
    As for the droid, it's humanoid silhouette, intricate hand design and it's external vocabulator suggests a function of a protocol droid, possibly used to as a translator or other functions of diplomatic variety. However, you do note that its exterior plating is made of relatively thick durasteel, commonly found on battle droids.

@Shuttle Crash Sight
    The droid has been freed from the wreckage, though it's lower body has yet to be located.
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-21 at 09:35 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78

NecromancerGuy

"What should we do with the irritating droid now?" Taren asks. "We clearly need information that it might have, but I can't imagine that it would be forthcoming with information, even if we hadn't disabled it."
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

It wasn't a particularly long walk to the mountain, but given the heat, Krish was already glistening with sweat. He was just thinking about what he would do were he to find a nice cool stream just around the corner, when he sees a glint of metal out of the corner of his eye. Krish stops dead in his tracks, immediately motioning for Igniv to stop as well. Vigilantly scanning all around them for other signs of man-made objects or movement, he explains the situation to Igniv in a low murmur.

"Did you see that? a flash of metal... we must be getting close to some kind of settlement..."

Finally looking Igniv in the eyes he continues in a quiet but clear voice, "keep your eyes and ears sharp, and stay low, and quiet. I'd like to see them before they see us. Just in case."

With that, Krish silently draws his blaster pistol and sneakily starts off in the direction he thinks the flash of metal came from, keeping his eyes peeled for any sign of movement.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth: (1d20+15)[23]
    Perception: (1d20+8)[19]

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

@Krish
    As you approach the location of reflected light, you notice that the ground you are walking on becomes denser, and harder. You sweep away the sand at your feet to discover that you are standing on some sort of durasteel platform.
    You see more metal on the side of the mountain, cleverly disguised under a veil of sand. When you brush away some of the sand covering the mountain, most of the delicately placed camouflage drops to the ground to reveal a large hangar door. The thick gate appears to be magnalocked and no form of prying would open it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-21 at 01:34 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Krish is speechless at the sudden change of scenery. He felt much more in his element standing on the coarse sand than he does on this metallic platform. Technology really isn't his area of expertise, and so his confidence is slightly shaken. He looks to Igniv with a surprised expression:

"Now here's one thing I wasn't expecting to find. What do you make of it? And what's our next move?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

"No clue." Igniv says, looking over the door.

"Give me a minute though. Going to try something..." He continues, focusing for a second.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Surroundings UTF check! (1d20+13)[27]

Perception check! (1d20+4)[14]

Sense Force UTF check! (1d20+13)[26]

Search my feelings UTF check, determine if lightsabering the door down will result in stuff happening soon after! (1d20+13)[25]
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kind_of_a_ROBOT View Post
    While shuffling rubble as best he can from the droid, Ren turns his head at the sound of the new voice. Faint recognition of the Kel Dor's face flashes for him, but it takes a moment to place. He nods, "That would probably be easier..."

Standing and brushing his hands off on his thighs, Ren focuses for a moment...
    Aidan jumps back as the droid is moved telepathically.

"Jedi? Well that could be useful."

Quote Originally Posted by Down Comforter View Post
    "What should we do with the irritating droid now?" Taren asks. "We clearly need information that it might have, but I can't imagine that it would be forthcoming with information, even if we hadn't disabled it."
    "Let's turn the thing on and see what it knows."

Aidan powers the droid back on, "Look you pile of scrap, we had to turn you off to get you out of that damned rubble. Now you may not have noticed, but you're missing your legs and we're in the middle of a desert. You're gonna need to give us a pretty compelling reason to haul you out of here. Start with what you were doing on our shuttle and why we crashed."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Ren shrugs at Taren, "as annoying as he is, he's also probably the only one who can tell us what happened..."

Then he turns to Lok, "you have a familiar face, you trained at the Jedi accademy on Dantooine, didn't you?". Extending his hand to the Kel Dor, "Ren Axton, and who might you be, friend?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Lok meet's Ren's gaze, "Yes, I trained on Dantooine for much of my padawan-hood. My name is Lok Vah Koor. Good to meet another Jedi. I have a feeling you were a few years behind me at the academy. I left Dantooine early to fight the Sith with," Lok grits his teeth and all but spits out, "Revan." The Kel Dor looks off into the distance for a few moments, regaining his cool. "That would most likely explain why we have not been acquainted on more personal level. What can you tell me about the crash? I appear to be the last who awoke."
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-06-21 at 03:43 PM.
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I swear, every other post has a Perception check in it.

@Igniv
    The doors seems to be of military grade and appears to have no manual way of opening it. There may be some sort of mechanism to open it else where but you see none in the immediate vicinity. Whilst studying the the doors, you notice a slight shimmering effect on the steel. As you attempt to touch it, your hand stops dead a few centimeters away.
    A dark swirling cloud, tinged with red and smoke fills your mind, there must be something of the Dark Side beyond these gates.
    Through the force, you receive a blank white image along with a small amount of panic, there appears to be nothing harmful in the immediate future if you were to attempt to cut the door open with your lightsaber; yet your compatriot may be surprised with your force powers.

@Aidan
    As you activate the droid, it gives no actions indicative of its reactivation. his body is as limp as ever, but you hear a ever so slight beep emanating from the droid's body.
    Several seconds later, the droid's photoreceptors flash on; yet for some reason, his left "eye" takes on a shade of a deep blue, the other remains the dark crimson that it possessed earlier.
    Unlike the previous time the droid spoke, his voice seems to match that of screeching metal, a caustic and cold sound.
    Hypothetical Assessment: It appears that you have reactivated my previous memory banks. Re-assessing present objectives...
    The droid pauses for a moment, the middle of his chest slides away to show small projector, which in turn creates a blue tinged holo-display of the galaxy, quickly slowly zooming in to focus on a specific planet.
    A small dialogue box appears over the planet reading:
    Sertar Sector, Planet: Elom
    Coordinates: 12269.8, 9202.5, 3067.4

A small red blip appears on the equatorial region of the planet.

The illumination of the projector casts a soft shade of blue on the surrounding area, enough light to reveal the finer details of the droid.

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: Yay for having a basic understanding of photoshop :D
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-21 at 03:53 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

NecromancerGuy

Taren searches his memory for some idea of the planet Elom.

Know: Galactic lore
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using his memory implant to roll twice and take the better of the two rolls
    (1d20+9)[19]
    (1d20+9)[17]

He pulls out his holo comm device and transmits to the two scouts. If they answer he says, "We've found a mostly functional droid at the crash site here, as well as what could be our current location, a planet called Elom. How's it looking on your end?"
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I swear, every other post has a Perception check in it.

@Igniv
    The doors seems to be of military grade and appears to have no manual way of opening it. There may be some sort of mechanism to open it else where but you see none in the immediate vicinity. Whilst studying the the doors, you notice a slight shimmering effect on the steel. As you attempt to touch it, your hand stops dead a few centimeters away.
    A dark swirling cloud, tinged with red and smoke fills your mind, there must be something of the Dark Side beyond these gates.
    Through the force, you receive a blank white image along with a small amount of panic, there appears to be nothing harmful in the immediate future if you were to attempt to cut the door open with your lightsaber; yet your compatriot may be surprised with your force powers.

@Aidan
    As you activate the droid, it gives no actions indicative of its reactivation. his body is as limp as ever, but you hear a ever so slight beep emanating from the droid's body.
    Several seconds later, the droid's photoreceptors flash on; yet for some reason, his left "eye" takes on a shade of a deep blue, the other remains the dark crimson that it possessed earlier.
    Unlike the previous time the droid spoke, his voice seems to match that of screeching metal, a caustic and cold sound.
    Hypothetical Assessment: It appears that you have reactivated my previous memory banks. Re-assessing present objectives...
    The droid pauses for a moment, the middle of his chest slides away to show small projector, which in turn creates a blue tinged holo-display of the galaxy, quickly slowly zooming in to focus on a specific planet.
    A small dialogue box appears over the planet reading:
    Sertar Sector, Planet: Elom
    Coordinates: 12269.8, 9202.5, 3067.4

A small red blip appears on the equatorial region of the planet.

The illumination of the projector casts a soft shade of blue on the surrounding area, enough light to reveal the finer details of the droid.

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: Yay for having a basic understanding of photoshop :D
    "Sithspit. Droid, what do you know about the shuttle crash or your previous assignment?"

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

@Taren/Igniv
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elom was discovered rather recently, only half a decade or so beforehand. It's mostly a barren planet, due to its proximity to the likewise named star, Elom.
    The planet is currently uncolonized and may be uninhabited as well, preliminary research has found no indigenous civilization as of yet, nor any signs of previous settlements on its surface.
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-21 at 04:36 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Sighing, Igniv taps his comm, signalling the rest of the group.

"We found a bunker here." He says, holding his wrist near his mouth. "Feels... Ominious, but should be able to serve as shelter. Might have water in it. You all should head over here."

"Strong Dark side presence here. I think we shouldn't move in on it until the other two Jedi are here. Better safe than sorry." He continues, drifiting into Miralukese.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Galactic Lore) check on the planet!: (1d20+8)[13]

Also, Perception check! (1d20+4)[10]
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.