New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Broken Men IC

1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Broken Men IC

@Aidan
    The droid turns his head slowly to face you.
    Apathetic Response: It appears that you have either suffered some form of targeted amnesia from neurological tampering or other external sources. Or less likely, the crash that you have experienced has somehow damaged your neural interface. Allow me to re-brief you on your assignment...
    Objective I : The Republic Blockade Runner, Damocles, is to rendevouz with an unspecified Czerka Corporation cruiser in the Kessel Sector
    Sub-Objective Alpha: A specialized squad of soldiers is to retrieve Project Dark Star
    Sub-Objective Beta: En Route to republic space, Project Dark Star is to assume direct control of the Damocles.
    Sub-Objective Charlie: The Damocles is to be deactivated in orbit of the planet, Elom.
    Sub-Objective Delta: From the roster transmitted from the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic, Dark Star is to select a group of soldiers to survive the incident of S-OC. The squad is to be subjected to directed amnesia of the mission.
    Objective II: The squad is to deliver Project Dark Star to the Imperial Sith Capital of Korriban.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

In Miralukese: "From my knowledge, Elom is uninhabitated, only recently discovered. Further, the droid has revealed that the Damocles was deliberately forced down by something called Project Dark Star and amnesia was forcibly induced on those of us who survived. The Project is then to be delivered to the Sith on Korriban. I don't like any of this. I'll let the Jedi and others know they are needed."

With the click confirming end of transmission, Taren immediately reaches out with the force, searching first for locations of strong dark side presence and then reaching out for any force users in the area, while shielding his own presence.

Utf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+10)[16]
    (1d20+10)[25]
    From now on, Taren will be seeking to hide his force presence from those who might be searching for force users.

Taren turns to the others gathered about the shuttle. "It seems like the scouts have discovered some kind of bunker or shelter. They're requesting we join them, as it's possible that it could have supplies."

Taren gestures to the two force-users. "Could I have a word with you two?"
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died

Player Profile at the Registry

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

Aidan keys up his comm, "Stand by on that. I've found something rather disturbing at the shuttle."

To the droid, "Tell me everything you know about Project Dark Star, Incident S-OC, and directed amnesia."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

Ren nods and moves aside with Taren, giving an uncertain glance at the droid. "Taren, right? What do you think of all this?"

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Taren nods in assent and turns to the Kel Dor Jedi, "We don't know much about what happend, we just know that we all awoke in this desert as the wreck of the Damocles came down over there."

He draws the two Jedi to the side and relays the scout's message, "As I said before, it seems that two we sent scouting to the southwest have discovered some sort of bunker. It also seems that it's a strong focus for dark side energies. We may have need of your talents to cleanse it."
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died

Player Profile at the Registry

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

"It's a trap." Igniv says, turning to Krish. "A Sith organized one, evidently."

"I asked for the rest of the team to head up here, bringing the jedi that were with them, since I've got a bad feeling about this place. We should wait until the rest get here."

Spoiler
    Show
    UTF to sense force users: (1d20+13)[27]

UTF to hide from sensing: (1d20+13)[26]

Also hiding from force users who try to detect from now on.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Only half listening to the conversation between Igniv and Taren through the comlink Aidan lent him, Krish busies himself with meticulously searching the nearby area for any clues, or devices that might open the door.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: (1d20+8)[16]

Hearing Igniv slip into a foreign tongue, and the Miralukan responding in kind, he frowns to himself. What is he hiding... and what did he mean 'try something'? All he did was stand there...

Hearing the concerned tone in Aidan's voice, he diverts more of his attention to his comlink, anxious to hear what the soldier has to say.

OOC: My understanding is that everyone is inside the shuttle with the droid except for Igniv and I, so we can all hear/be a part of this conversation, right?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

@Taren
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can feel the presence the familiar aura of two force sensitive individuals rather close to you as well as that of another known aura A bit farther than a km away to the SW. Slightly beyond the aura you assume to be Krish, you detect faint traces of the force users (approximately 5), but none as strong as the ones to be your companions.

@Igniv
    Spoiler
    Show
    You sense your mind probing through the surrounding surface of the planet, searching for others like yourself. In the area, you only detect the force aura of the other survivors; yet closer still, there are smaller traces of force users (approximately 5) behind the sealed door.

@Aidan
    The droid stares at you, the frozen glare would pierce the mind of lesser men.
    Calculated Acknowledgment: Project Dark Star was a Republic funded scientific venture to weaponize and develope the Mass Shadow Generator utilized at Malachor V during the Mandalorian Wars. The project aimed to miniaturize this process, and increasing the effective radius of the generator ten-fold.
    Pausing for a few seconds, the droid turns away from Aidan then turns his head back to face the Human.
    Reluctant Answer: I am the result...

@Krish
    There appears to be no immediately accessibly control panels near the gates. As you pace back and forth in front of the door, you notice a small rumbling and you feel a blast of cold air as the gates begin to slowly hiss open...

9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground

"You're a bomb that we're supposed to deliver to Korriban? If crashing here was part of the mission, then how are we supposed to get to Korriban?"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

@Airdan
    Premeditated Retort: Oh I do apologize if I've somehow confused you, I am no simple walking bomb. I possess the Gravity well created by several hundred planets, enough power to crush entire star system to fine pieces.
    As for what you believe the premise of my creation to be, I assure you my intentions are not to damage the Sith.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Still waiting expectantly to hear back from Aidan, Krish looks up at Igniv. He has so many questions: How do you know its a trap? What exactly did the Miralukan say? Why are the Jedi so pivotal? A 'bad feeling?'

But before he can ask Igniv any of them, he feels the blast of cold air as the hangar door slowly begins to open.

Blast! he thinks, as he sprints to the nearest side of the door, hiding as close to the entrance as he can. Pistol still in hand and adrenaline racing through his veins, Krish prepares himself for whatever may come through the door.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealth:(1d20+15)[31]

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

OOC:
    Here is a rough map of the Hangar doors area where Krish and Igniv are at currently.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Hearing the hiss of the hangar opening, Igniv ducks behind the nearest cover while biting back a curse, keeping his blaster ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to P10

Stealth roll! (1d20+7)[14]

Using a FP on this, too. (1d6)[6]

Stealth check total: 20

Perception check! (1d20+4)[14]
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2012-06-21 at 06:52 PM.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Lok sighs, A bomb. Lovely.

Lok clears his throat and speaks to the group as a whole, "Regardless of whether he is telling the truth or not, we cannot let the Droid fall into the hands of the Sith." Lok looks around the arid plane, "We're too exposed here out in the open. We should find a safe shelter."

The Kel Dor looks to Ren, "That bunker may or may not be safe. I believe we as Jedi was the best suited to make that assessment."
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

A couple of Speeder bikes burst from the open hangar bay, into the dunes. Behind them, the door slides shut again with an almost deafening thud. Before they travel far, they manage to spot your obviously exposed bodies standing outside the entrance and they circle around, heading back toward the hangar.

OOC: This gives Igniv and Krish a round before they manage to return.
    Also, Krish and Igniv, roll initiative if you will...
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-21 at 07:01 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ballista View Post
    @Airdan
    Premeditated Retort: Oh I do apologize if I've somehow confused you, I am no simple walking bomb. I possess the Gravity well created by several hundred planets, enough power to crush entire star system to fine pieces.
    As for what you believe the premise of my creation to be, I assure you my intentions are not to damage the Sith.
    "Interesting. What are your intentions then?"

Quote Originally Posted by Felhammer View Post
    Lok sighs, A bomb. Lovely.

Lok clears his throat and speaks to the group as a whole, "Regardless of whether he is telling the truth or not, we cannot let the Droid fall into the hands of the Sith." Lok looks around the arid plane, "We're too exposed here out in the open. We should find a safe shelter."

The Kel Dor looks to Ren, "That bunker may or may not be safe. I believe we as Jedi was the best suited to make that assessment."
    "Not just a bomb. A weapon with enough payload to destroy planets, or maybe even a system. We definitely cannot allow the Sith to take this droid. This whole planet is supposed to be uninhabited. What's a bunker like that even doing here? And what does it have to do with you being Jedi?"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Attempting to sound knowledgeable yet caring, the Kel Dor explains, "The Bunker is seeped in the Dark Side of the Force. There are many possible explanations for this, from there are Sith down there (highly unlikely) to there simply being an item used by a powerful Dark Side user that has retained its owner's aura. We Jedi can find the root cause quite quickly."
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-06-21 at 07:08 PM.
    DMing:

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

@Aidan
    As the droid turns to speak to you, his photoreceptors dim yet again. As they reboot, his left eye reverts to the same crimson it was previously.
    Observation: Well organic, it seems that we are at a bit of a stand still. You want to know about my inner machinations and I want to get off this god forsaken rock.
    I'll tell you what, you find me a nice pair of legs, and I'll give you a tidbit of my knowledge, only enough so that your little carbon based mind can comprehend.
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-21 at 07:11 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

"Understood. Well that gives us two problems. Keeping this droid away from the Sith on a planet with Sith presence. Think they've got a transport there? I wouldn't mind kicking them in the teeth and stealing their ship."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

Nodding, Ren smirks. "Well...we won't know anything until we check it out." He unholsters and examines the blaster at his hip. Reholstering it, he does the same with the lightsaber hanging next to it, and the blaster rifle hanging at his side. Well then...shall we?
    Last edited by kind_of_a_ROBOT; 2012-06-21 at 07:15 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ballista View Post
    @Aidan
    As the droid turns to speak again, his photoreceptors dim yet again. As they reboot, his left eye reverts to the same crimson it was previously.
    Observation: Well organic, it seems that we are at a bit of a stand still. You want to know about my inner machinations and I want to get off this god forsaken rock.
    I'll tell you what, you find me a nice pair of legs, and I'll give you a tidbit of my knowledge, only enough so that your little carbon based mind can comprehend.

"Ha. You're going about this all wrong, scrapheap. You give me a convincing reason to keep you intact, or I dismantle you and start dumping your parts into stars on my way out of this system. What are you going to do? Detonate? All you can do here is take out a flyspeck of an uninhabited planet."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

The Kel Dor nods in agreement, "How heavy is the droid? Could one of us carry him for the interim?"
    DMing:

23. - Top - End - #113
    Halfling in the Playground

She had been listening in to the droid as it spoke, her eyes rather glossed over. She stared at it mouth agape, her thoughts racing so fast that she entirely forgot about the - now apparent - jedi surivors, as an angry hand slammed into the side of the shuttle.

"What the... why would... Are you kidding? What on this side of the galaxy makes you think we'll do any of this trekking across to wherever it is that you want us to go! Why did all of this happen? there were countless lives on board that ship that just crashed for you, just so you can go sit pretty in some sith hellhole! And why did you take our memories of the trip away, but tell us your purpose?"

"Why in the world did you choose us and leave all the others to die?"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kind_of_a_ROBOT View Post
    Nodding to Lok, Ren turns to Aidan. "You heard Igniv, there's something...dark, in that bunker. If its the Sith...what my collegue here means is that if anyone is going, we both volunteer. And he's right, we can't stay here." He smirks, and unholsters the blaster at his hip. After giving it a quick look, he reholsters it and does the same with lightsaber. "Shall we?"
    Aidan frowns, "Watch your tone, son. The only orders we know of come down from the Supreme Chancellor, meaning this is a military op. So unless one of you has a commission I don't know about this is likely my mission. Now I'll defer to your expertise for matters like Sith Lords and artifacts, but you're talking about marching into a bunker full of Sith with no backup. So let's all agree to be reasonable and find out what we are dealing with both here and in that bunker. If we are going to storm a bunker full of Sith, let's make sure we bring every weapon we've got."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Lok looks at Asha, "Calm yourself, no good can come from anger. Especially, not on this world."
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-06-21 at 07:26 PM.
    DMing:

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

@Aidan
    Threatening Reassurance: I am as competent in my current state as I am fully repaired.
    With reflexes unnatural to most droids, his hand reaches up; aiming for Aidan's throat. His hand shoots out from his forearm and you feel his icy, mechanical claws grab a hold of the soft flesh under your chin, the force of the impact flings your body backwards and out of the shuttle.
    Satisfied with his work, the droid lies back down and begins to hum himself what one presumes to be a melody if not for his rather scratchy voice.
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-21 at 07:27 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

"Orders? Like taking this Project Darkstar to Korriban?"

Ren sighs heavily, Lok wasn't wrong about their expertise as Jedi, but he left that life behind to join this fight. And, like it or not, now he was in a chain of command. "So...what are your orders then...sir?" he says, resigned.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

He watches as Aidan is flung from the shuttle, instinctivly drawing his blaster and leveling it at the droid.

"Permission to slag this thing, sir?

And then to the droid, Shall we find out if you'll go off, if I blow you to pieces?"

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Lok draws his double bladed lightsaber, flicks one side on and brings the yellow blade down inches from the droid's skull, "Give me a reason why I should not destroy you where you stand beast?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Lok will ready an action to destroy the droid, if the order from his superior officer is give.
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2012-06-21 at 07:39 PM.
    DMing:

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

@Ren
    Observation: It seems that I was being threatened, surely acting in self defense does not warrant my "slagging." Or are basic rights not conferred to droids?
    As he finished his sentence, his left eye shifted color yet again... this time to a calm blue.
    Statement: I would gladly discuss these going-ons in a more civilized manner, if you promise to keep that one,
    motioning at Aidan,
    Away from me. Now, I heard you mention a bunker?