New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Broken Men IC

1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Broken Men IC

OoC: Yep. Q10, on the map. Mountainside to the side of the door.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: I see what you mean

The area around the gate seems unshielded, the dense rock surrounding the entrance will be rather thick and would take quite a while to cut through.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

"Sithspit. We've got to do something, and fast."

Krish tries yelling into his comlink, "Aidan?! Asha?! Is anyone there? What happened?"

Hearing no response, Krish begins to assume the worst. Sitting down now to the side of the door near where Igniv is examining the mountainside, Krish starts thinking aloud.

"Okay. So the shuttle finally exploded, most likely. No one is responding, so they must have been caught in the blast. Walking back there probably isn't going to do much good, but sitting around here isn't either. We either need to find a way into this building, or find another option, and fast."

"So here's my best plan so far:
    I bet if we bang on that door, we can draw some more speeders out in no time. This time though, we try to keep the bikes intact. Maybe its a bit reckless, but it's all I've got. What do you think?"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

"I think I'll try and cut through the wall beside it." Igniv replies, looking at the mountain side. "The door is resistant to lightsaber attacks, but I don't sense any fields on this part of the mountain. I'll see if I can cut into the machinery, and get around the door that way."

"Hold on. I'm checking on at least one of the others."

Spoiler
    Show
    Farseeing, targeting... Taren.

UTF: (1d20+13)[29]

DC is 18, or 30, if he's dead.

If it succeeds, force point to be able to see his surroundings.

With that, he starts hacking at the wall, trying to slice through enough to get at the sensitive mechanisms of the door.
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2012-06-21 at 10:17 PM.
    Extended Signature.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

@Igniv
    You feel Taren's life force, swinging by a thread over a pit of darknes, a void. He is very much alive, but death is creeping ever so closer.

Your blade cuts wide swaths into the rock, but at this rate, you might as well be beating the wall with a dead Mynock.

EDIT: Sorry about that...
    All you see is devastation around him, crumpled pieces of molten slag lie around the area. Several limp bodies litter the explosion as well, though you see no one moving to stand or crawl away.
    All that remains of the shuttle are broken wings that flew away from the initial explosion and a heap of durasteel that had more or less been the shuttle's cargo hold.
    Suddenly a hand reaches out from the wreckage, burning red with heat, followed by the head of a droid. Sparks fly out of the its obviously severed left arm as it drags itself onto the desert floor with its sole remaining appendage. It drags itself to Taren's body, you see that the droid's hand has retracted and a needle fills its place, filled with a transparent, blue liquid. The droid injects the contents of the syringe before collapsing next to the Taren.
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-21 at 10:51 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

OoC: And the Force Point to view surroundings?

"...This is taking too long. Maybe we SHOULD knock. Or at least search for an access panel." Igniv says, stepping away from the small cut.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check to search the door for an access panel: (1d20+4)[18]

Extended Signature.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Taren blinks and everything happens so fast. Before he can even think to move he is launched off his feet by the blast. As his vision darkens around him, his last conscious thought is, "If the blast doesn't get him, I'm going to kill that thrice-cursed blaster jockey."
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All the games I played in died

Player Profile at the Registry

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

"But that could take hours! We don't have-"
    Krish begins to protest, but seeing the determined look on Igniv's face, he can see that his opinion won't be swayed.

"Sighhh. If it's resistant to light saber attacks, trying to hammer it with my fists will probably be pretty futile. Alright. In that case, the only useful thing I can think of to do is search the rest of the mountainside for another door. Keep me posted on the comm."

Krish takes off up the mountain, down the path he first saw, long before this fiasco took a turn for the worse. [the steep byway probably used by local wildlife.] His concern for stealth out the window, Krish desperately scans all around him along this steep ascent looking for more glimmers of metal, or signs of life.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: [roll]1d20+8[roll]
    Dunno if you want climb/endurance or anything, but it can't hurt to post it:
    Climb: [roll]1d20+1[roll]
    Endurance: [roll]1d20+8[roll]

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

hm..
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+8)[19]
    Climb: (1d20+1)[3]
    Endurance: (1d20+8)[25]

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

@Igniv
    Filled with frustration, you chuck a rock at the door; if simply to vent your anger. You trace the rocks trajectory, as it lands neatly next to a seam in the metal platform you stand on. You approach the break in the metal to discover a maintenance panel built into the ground.

@Krish
    You successfully climb 5 meters off the ground before you lose your footing and plummet into the ground. Fortunately, the loose sand cushions your fall.

@Taren
    You begin to regain consciousness as the chemical the droid injected into your system begins to do its job, healing any sort of internal bleeding and mortal injuries. Though slow at first, your mind groggily turns back on.
    Move one level up on the Condition track.

11. - Top - End - #161

NecromancerGuy

Taren struggle to his knees, trailing blood. Moving first to check on each individually, Taren tries to stabilize those he can, starting with the Khil.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception roll to check for injuries or Treat Injury, whichever is better:
    Perception:
    (1d20+4)[7]
    Treat Injury
    (1d20+4)[11]

He sighs in frustration as he passes the dead Jedi. "I thought you Jedi were supposed to be wise. Sithspit to that." Moving on he makes sure Aidan is still alive, draws his stun pistol and shoots him. "That's to make sure you don't get anyone else killed, you stupid fool." He kicks him, winces in pain, and tries to move everyone away from the wreck, tending to them as was needed.

He slumps to the ground, pulls out his com unit, and signals the scouts. Coughing, "Come in, we need help. That damn "lieutenant" decided it would be a good idea to try and shoot the fuel supply. Everyone is down and the Kel Dor is dead. I'm tending to them as well as I can, but I'm bleeding heavily as well. Please respond."
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

@Taren
    Though you bandage and place pressure on the most serious of Asha's wounds, blood still oozes from numerous locations on her body.
    As you shoot Aidan with the stun pistol, his limp body convulse from the shot, his flailing arms almost knock you over.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Getting the comm message as he kneels down to look at the panel, Igniv lets loose a sigh of relief.

"I may have found a way into the bunker. A couple of bikes came out of it a minute or two ago, and I managed to take them out." He says back, waving Krish over. "I've got a feeling there's a ship or some other form of transport inside here. Want us to see about getting something, or just head back?"
    Extended Signature.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Coming in on his comm, Krish replies,
    "Well I'm glad you're being met with more success than I am Igniv! I'll come back to the doorway."

Upon returning to the hangar door, Krish awaits a response from Taren with Igniv to formulate a plan.
    Last edited by thechosen2nd; 2012-06-21 at 11:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165

NecromancerGuy

Tarren sighs and sets the holo comm next to himself in the sand "I'd like to say go ahead, but to be honest I can't hold things together here by myself, I'm just about down and out and these people need medical assistance."
    Last edited by Down Comforter; 2012-06-22 at 12:24 AM.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm not sure that I'd be that much help, honestly. I know how to patch up a blaster hole, but not much else." Igniv replies, looking to Krish.

"What about you?"
    Extended Signature.

17. - Top - End - #167

NecromancerGuy

"I'm not all that concerned about skill at the moment. I'm missing a bit more blood than I would deem necessary, which makes it a bit difficult for me to do anything."
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Krish:
    I honestly think we should get back to the shuttle, I doubt that I'd be of much use inside that metal tomb.
    Krish motions toward the hangar gates.
    I can patch up the survivors, and we can get the whole group together before we go charging into the Sith base.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

"I suppose that's the best course of action." Igniv says, closing up the panel and remembering its location.

"Let's hurry."
    Extended Signature.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

DM Voice:
    The Sun, as quickly as it had risen only hours before, begins to set again to the west. The world begins to become shrouded by darkness as the light that had shined so brightly was now extinguished.

Krish:
    The dark does not bode well for those likes us, stranded in the wilderness. I can try to find our way back to the shuttle, but it'll be rather difficult in the dark.

The Cathar walks into the desert, searching for familiar landscapes and dunes in the sands.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Survival Check: (1d20+8)[20]
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-22 at 02:01 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171

NecromancerGuy

Taren sets about creating shelter from the wreckage and attempts to start a fire, his vision unhindered by the growing darkness.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

DM Voice:

Fast Forward a couple of hours

Krish follows the plants that you have encountered earlier, the biological pillars are still rather visible, even in the relative darkness. Krish and Igniv make it back to the shuttle site without incident.
    The spacecraft, still in a mess of melted steel and metals, lies in a small crater. The fires have mostly extinguished themselves, refusing to burn any longer.
    The bodies lie where they were thrown, most with major burns and wide gashes on their bodies and the droid lies motionless where it had dragged itself earlier to revive Taren.
    Igniv and Krish spot a crudely constructed shelter, made from dragging several loose plates of durasteel into a sort of dome, and covered with some tattered fabrics.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

Krish:
    The Cathar strides across the site to the nearest of his injured companions, in this case, the broken body of the female Khil. Pulling out his medpac, Krish immediately went to work, sterilizing and bandaging the most immediately endangering wounds.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Treat Injury Check to perform First Aid: (1d20+13)[21]

The majority of the cuts stop bleeding and the burns caused by the explosion have been sterilized to prevent infection.
    Asha gains 9 HP and moves up the Condition Track one step to -10 and regains consciousness.
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-22 at 03:45 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

Krish now runs towards Ren, hoping to get him back on his feet like Asha.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Treat Injury Check to perform First Aid: (1d20+13)[29]

Ren gains 17 HP and moves up the Condition Track to -10.

@Ren
    Your eyes begin to open and close slowly as you regain usage of your mental faculties... again.

Searching for the Kel Dor and the other soldier, Krish was only able to find the remnants of what appeared to have been a lightsaber at some point, now reduced to a pile of silvery slag...

Turning solemnly to Igniv, Krish lets out a small sigh.
    Two of our companions were lost to the explosion, Aidan and Lok. Their loss should not be in vain. We have the cover of night, surely we get into the Sith base and blast those schuttas.
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-22 at 03:54 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

NecromancerGuy

Taren weakly raises a hand to the Cathar. "If you could give me a hand with a medpac, I am trained to perform first aid."

He pauses, "Oh, and the droid seems to be active still. Give it a wide berth, but don't take any aggressive action towards it. It's quite efficient."
    Last edited by Down Comforter; 2012-06-22 at 03:53 PM.
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Krish approaches Taren, giving him a superficial examination as he walks calmly towards the small shelter.
    Sithspit, how'd you stay conscious after that blast, it should have knocked the credit chips out of a Hutt's hands... Don't tell me you're a damn Jedi too...
    Krish drops to one knee and helps bandage Taren up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Treat Injury Check to perform First Aid: (1d20+13)[25]

Taren gains 13 HP and moves a step up the Condition Track.
    Last edited by Ballista; 2012-06-22 at 04:02 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177

NecromancerGuy

"Nothing to do with me, I'm afraid. I woke up with the droid pumping chems into me. I haven't paid much attention to it as I was a bit preoccupied with the bleeding, fire, death, and whatnot."

Taren struggles to his feet and glances around the immediate area. "Is there anyone else that needs attention? What did you two find at the bunker?"
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

I've take care of everyone left, but I think Igniv is more suitable to answer questions about the base... I was ahh, climbing you see...

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: lets wait for TMK to respond..

So what exactly happened here, something about the droid?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Ren's eyes open momentarily, and all he takes in is darkeness. His ears are still ringing from the explosion, and is certainly conviced that he is dead. Suddenly he sits up, gasping..."Wh...what happened?" He looks around at the remains of the shuttle, and his companions wide eyed. He tries to think back...remembering a blaster shot going wide and...oh...oh...god."
    Last edited by kind_of_a_ROBOT; 2012-06-22 at 04:29 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

NecromancerGuy

Moving to tend to Ren, Taren talks as he works.

Treat Injury
    (1d20+7)[8]

"The "Lieutenant" over there decided that it would be a good idea to order an attack on the droid after he was tossed out of the shuttle when he threatened it. Ren, Aidan, and the Kel Dor attacked it. Something happened, the shuttle went up, and I woke up shortly before I got in touch with the two of you."
    Character(s)
    Spoiler
    Show