New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony 2F: Ponibooru, We Hardly Knew Ye...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Well, to be fair, the alternitives fall apart when you take into account creatures like Discord exist.

Also, I might just revive them because I can. And you have to admit that cannon of theres is impressive. Among other things, it can fly, and you must admit that blood hose they have connected to the grinder is nifty.
    Bah, they're nothing but a pack of useless showboats, the bulk of the superstructure is nothing but a waste of material. I could produce *turns around* three...four...five...six equally lethal cannons with the same amount of material, all simultaneously operable by one talanted unicorn, instead of needing a crew of unicorns for each.

What, don't tell me you're surprised I can outgun your entire hit squad by a factor of six without exerting myself; after all, I was one of Princess Celestia's students once.

....She cleans up nicly. Infernia says hello, by the way, and her realm is now in her words "huggable", and she is welcome back at any time. I must ask, are you getting her dress's from the Plane of Fire or are you making them youself? I am mearly asking, because I know from expriance how hard it is to find a piece of clothing for a fire elemental.
    Honestly, I'm keeping out of the entire dressmaking operation. She insists it's against tradition for me to see it before the wedding, and I'm not quite crazy enough to argue the point.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    The same thing that goes on everynight Maxtronaut ... Boffinspark tries to take over blow up THE WORLD.
    I was wondering when I'd find an excuse to link this.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #842
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Why work, we've got one of the OFCs converted into a space station and a fleet of airships currently in 'party barge' mode!
    because someone has to destabilize the fundamental forces of this reality, and it's not going to be you party-drunk meatbags

....She cleans up nicly. Infernia says hello, by the way, and her realm is now in her words "huggable", and she is welcome back at any time. I must ask, are you getting her dress's from the Plane of Fire or are you making them youself? I am mearly asking, because I know from expriance how hard it is to find a piece of clothing for a fire elemental.
    can she come out and play? the world is so much prettier with her in it.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-06-28 at 01:09 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

3. - Top - End - #843
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Well, that's what he told me he was told, so I take it with a grain of salt. If you're interested, I can link you to his animation demo reel.
    Ack I don't need a download...

I should clarify I've no real suspicion of your friend just that's its not a comparison that fills me with confidence since Williams is not really a voice actor and sounds more like a carefully line of careful marketing from somewhere.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    The same thing that goes on everynight Maxtronaut ... Boffinspark tries to take over blow up THE WORLD.
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky.... That show was great.

Hmm, similarity in names brings up an idea, though Pinky is closer to Derpy than Pinkie.

EDIT: Totally found one.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2012-06-28 at 01:03 AM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

5. - Top - End - #845
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post

Hmm, similarity in names brings up an idea, though Pinky is closer to Derpy than Pinkie.
    I don't know, the "are you thinking what I am thinking parts" were sometimes quite intelligent.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

Hahaha oh that's hilarious. Mostly because it was posted by our very own Jakhaivah and was actually linked in ponythread eons ago. Like when the threads were in the single digits. Nothing new under the sun and all that.

Also, personally I loved Pinkie and the Brain. They had several very good jokes, and the back and forth between the two was surprisingly intelligent. Plus, that one episode where Brain actually could have taken over the world but wasn't trying so was oblivious to the whole thing was spectacular and isn't terribly inaccurate for how to naturally lead people.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

7. - Top - End - #847
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    Eakin, if it's ok with you, could you provide me with a link to your MLP playlist. I'm very picky too, not a huge fan of full electronic music pony or no pony. So most of my favorites are the other things that are created.
    It's a little heavy on the techno/electronic, but here's what I've got, by artist (some are collabs but only tagged under a single artist):

AcousticBrony - I'll Fly Higher

Alex S- My Little Pony intro (glitch remix), Party With Pinkie Pie, Party with Pinky Pie [VIP]

All Levels at Once- BBBFF (The Pony Way), Changeling, Fluttershy's Lament, Winter Wrap up ELECTROPOP, Smile ELECTROPOP,

And the Rainfall- Winter Wrap up (Sparkle Mix), Family Ways

Archie V- Becoming Popular, Christmas in Equestria, Love is in Bloom, Magic is Timeless (Silva Hound mix)

Art Attack-Spin that record (AA Remix)

Aviators- Friendship, Never Back Down

Baasik- DashStep

Chain Algorithm- Chillin' in Ponyville, Elements of Harmonics, Next Saturday, Weather Factory

Chris V- Yay

CKittyKat98 - Join the Herd (Nightcore)

d.notive- Let Your Mane Down, Vicious Lies

Daks- Becoming Popular (House remix), The Best Party, Cupcakes!, Love is in Bloom

Danial Ingram (show originals)- Smile, Winter Wrap Up, This Day Aria

DasDeer- Final Showdown w/ Nightmare Moon, Magic Never Fades, Pinkie Responsibility Pie

Derpy Hooves- Equestrian Sky Patrol

Donn DeVore- She Can Fly (Off of the Seeds of Kindness album)
    Eurobeat Brony- I'm not listing all of these, just look up Super Ponybeat Vol 1 and Vol 2

Fire of Friendship- BBBFF

Foozogz- Feeling Whimsical, Avast Fluttershy's Ascot, Find a Pet (Candy mix), Fluttershy Likes Being Nice, Holding Hooves RMX, Friends Forever (til the end of time remix), Hearth's Warming Holiday Cheer, Pinkie Pie Loves Sugar, Leisurely Glide, Smile (rmx VIP), Sparkle (Season Rebirth), Sweetheart, This Song Made Man a Fluttershy

Forest Rain- Family Ways (cover)

General Mumble- Dreaming Waiting, Scratch vs. Octavia, =), Winter Wrapup (General Mumble Remix)

Griffinilla-Ceep Calm & Cup Cakes, Derpy Got Soul, Pinkie's Brew (extended)

Interrobang Pie- Dreaming of Slot Machines, Specstruction

JackleApp- Autumn (Derpy Hooves), The Fighting Ballad of Princess Celestia, Giggle at the Ghosty (Ponyhouse mix), Summer (Lyra and Bon Bon), You Gotta Glitch

Jeff the Strider- No Strings Attached, Pinkie Pie's Exomix (It's called a party remix), For the New Lunar Republic (Lullaby's end)

KeepOnRockin'-Pinkie Pie's Party Anthem, Spin that Record Vinyl Scratch

KingSpartaX37- Fluttershy's Flight at the Flying Battery Zone, Pinkie Pie's Frolic through Mushroom Hill, This Day Aria ~Death Egg Mk. II Final Boss Remix~, Winter Wrap Up at the Ice Cap Zone, Rainbow Road ~Pinkie Pie Smile Remix~

The Living Tombstone- Discord (Living Tombstone's mix), Smile Song remix

Makkon- Avast Octavia, Waltz for Trixie

MandoPony- A Long Way From Equestria, Wildfire Rock, Loyalty

Mic the Microphone- One Trick Pony, Petrified

Michael Arellano- Christmas in Ponyville (Snowed in mix)

Music by Octavia- Smile arranged for Strings/Percussion, Winter Wrap Up arranged for Percussion

NotACleverPony- All Powerful Trixie, Art of Celestia's Dress, For the New Lunar Republic, Main Theme (Farewell Party remix), Giggle (With) the Ghosty, Sonic Rainboom (Just an Old Mare's Tale), The Stars Will Aid Her Escape, Winter Wrap Up at the Everfree Forest

Omnipony- Toastbeard, Equestria in Gray

PinkiePieSwear- Flutterwonder, Simple Joy Mix, Sunshine and Celery Stalks

Pokey Smokes- Avast Fluttershy's Lament

Psycosis91- Flimflamandro, Smile 3x, Winter n Stuff

RainbowCrash88- Twilight's Stage theme, Applejack's Stage theme

Replacer- Let Your Mane Down (cover)

Silva Hound- Winter Wrap Up (Silva Hound Mix)

SimGretina- BBBFF (Sim Gretina remix), At The Gala (20% Cooler remix)

SoaringFlight- Above Cloudsdale

SoGreatAndPowerful- Pinkie Pie Swear

Trance Blossom- Hush Now Quiet Now (Trance Blossom remix)

Underpony- Aloe Aloe, Flutterwonder (Underpony rmx), Sleepyhead (Blackjack and Hookers mix), Sunshine and Celery Stalks, Summer

Whitetail- Pinkie's Stage theme, Rarity's stage theme

Wooden Toaster- Beyond Her Garden, Nightmare Night, Pinkie's Lie, Rainbow Factory, Love Me Cheerilee

And a few miscellaneous songs I don't have artists tagged for. That oughta get you started
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

8. - Top - End - #848
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Well, to answer your initial question, my fiancé is the fire princess that I’ve been romantically attached to since I helped her subdue her little sister. As to your younger sister's question, I'll leave the answer to my bethrothed.

Spoiler
    Show

WHY, YOU'RE ADORABLE! OF COURSE YOU CAN BE ONE OF OUR FLOWER PONIES!
    *GASP!* Oh thankyouthankyouthankyou! I'll be the best flower filly you've ever had! Ooh! I'll even wear my best pair of socks, just for you two! Heeheehee! *Bounces excitedly about.*

Uhh... She certainly is an interesting fiance. When exactly is the wedding? I'm gonna have to go buy a new tux and all that stuff.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Firbolg in the Playground

I suppose it would be only polite to attend another scientist's wedding. Perhaps I'll even present you with one of my newest inventions: the BalmasTech Friendship HoofCannon. I'm afraid that the range is still limited to around 6.237 miles, but you can put it and several sorties' worth of rounds in a saddlebag and still have room for lunch.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-06-28 at 04:44 AM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

10. - Top - End - #850
    Banned

Wow, Thanqol. Damn.

I am no longer upset you site this instead of the bit where Rainbow Dash plugged her face into baths filled with ponies.

Oh, an there were a good six-eight points where sweetie belle Los the I in sweetie.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Wow, Thanqol. Damn.

I am no longer upset you site this instead of the bit where Rainbow Dash plugged her face into baths filled with ponies.
    I can still re-use that scene!

Oh, an there were a good six-eight points where sweetie belle Los the I in sweetie.
    Thanks, will fix.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Hahaha oh that's hilarious. Mostly because it was posted by our very own Jakhaivah and was actually linked in ponythread eons ago. Like when the threads were in the single digits. Nothing new under the sun and all that.

Also, personally I loved Pinkie and the Brain. They had several very good jokes, and the back and forth between the two was surprisingly intelligent. Plus, that one episode where Brain actually could have taken over the world but wasn't trying so was oblivious to the whole thing was spectacular and isn't terribly inaccurate for how to naturally lead people.
    There's so many of those, that I nostalgia'd hard just by getting reminded of that youtube link.

Ani-mane-iacs
    Pony Tune Adventures
    Samurai Applejack
    Duck Tales

I'll leave the linking of the rest to our resident youtube element :)

13. - Top - End - #853
    Troll in the Playground

a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    See, I disagree with you on one point - I didn't want too many things out of the story, I wanted exactly one thing out of the story. I wanted to provoke an emotional reaction. The major idea behind this was "Writing should make people feel something". I wanted to communicate rage, disgust, and doubt, I wanted to communicate insufficiency. I wanted to communicate what it feels like to be a bad author.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wanted to add, the feeling I got from this story was indeed something like that. Like how it is when you're writing a story and you don't really know where it's going, you make things up as you go along and it may not fit previous events well or the characters might change all the time. I sometimes felt a bit like that with MitM. It was why I thought at one point it might be the CMC telling a story.

I really think it's important to know that this story follows Yours Truly. I had suspicions with the "Professor Sparkle" and Hoofington bits, but it never really occurred to me to me that it was... more than just little nods at that story. I wasn't reminded of what happened with Rarity and Spike in that story. Maybe that was just me being dense

When you take that into account it begins to make sense, it becomes slightly comprehensible. And extremely sad. I think the bit with Rarity and Spike was possibly the saddest part of Yours Truly, as I remember it at least. The realization that this story takes place hundreds of years later, with all their friends gone and replaced by fading memories that aren't at all like the real ponies ... that's horrible, and the kind of horrible that is too good to be lost to the reader because they didn't read the first story.

But then I look at the ending of Easy as Lying, and it seems way too cheery for such a sad story. Did you not intend it to be so sad?

I really get the feeling a re-reading of this is in order. I rarely do that, but maybe I'll make an exception for this one.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Troll in the Playground

Trolling the readers is a non-minor motivation.
    Have you stopped yet?

See, I disagree with you on one point - I didn't want too many things out of the story, I wanted exactly one thing out of the story. I wanted to provoke an emotional reaction. The major idea behind this was "Writing should make people feel something". I wanted to communicate rage, disgust, and doubt, I wanted to communicate insufficiency. I wanted to communicate what it feels like to be a bad author.

The more of these reviews I read, the more convinced I become I have totally succeeded in this core objective. I have communicated the emotion I wanted to communicate perfectly. The emotion is not a pleasant one.
    Well then. Hmmm. Well, first off, I think I should have given you a little more credit there. You're an introspective chap after all, you would know what you want out of it, yes.

Second. Interesting. I won't doubt you when you say that you have successfully transmitted the emotions you wished to trasmit. I will note, however, that the particular mix of emotions in Easy as Lying does not match up with my own emotions of... insufficient creative ability, shall we say? Mostly, there is much more embarassment, and a whole lot less anger and doubt. Just an observation, I'm not sure if a relevant one.

Third. Stories intending negative emotional impact tend to advertise the fact, because even people who like this sort of thing (tragedy, horror) like to know what they're walking into, if only in very general terms. Tag this one carefully once you publish. But I don't have to tell you that, neh?

But there are a lot of valid points and valid flaws, mentioned here, a fair amount of streamlining and restructuring will be necessary.
    Glad I could help some. I'll actually be happy to read further drafts, although I don't think I can approach this in any other way that I would a particularly intriguing puzzle, an intellectual excerise. Which would make my input rather less valuable, given that the goal is emotional reaction.

I'll do my best to make it suitable for public consumption.
    Best of luck with that. And I do mean it in both senses of the phrase.
    Truth resists simplicity.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    Umm I have read Cupcakes and My Little Dashie, for what it is worth.
    Worth of cupcakes depends on the reader, but cash values at 1/100 of a cent in most states. Welcome anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Rainbow Dash and Spike. And it's not shipping! *gasp*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Non-shipping fun hang out kind of image? Woohoo!!
    'Cause to be honest, shipping was getting kinda boring for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    See my very first OP for example, post is locked so I couldn't have changed it even if I tried
    Huh, only a bit over a year ago... wow, ponythreads move fast, don't they? I also don't recognize some of those posters. Guess victims of all the OFCing?
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

17. - Top - End - #857
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Oh my, that looks...uncomfortable.

I'm sure it'll work out. These things tend to.
    "But now he has a really cool nickname, Torsoboy, so what's he complaining about?" --Weird Al.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    I've had one for some time now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Phooey, no one respects the classics anymore.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

18. - Top - End - #858
    Banned

Wow, this tea is amazing, I wonder if-

"ripples"

..... Well, time to start up the teliporter.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Heh, sucker, I cannot belive he thought that would.....wait. Where are my legs?
    Stupid telafrag. You know what, Boffie? I am sending the Shiv Shank Sisters out for your head. They are the best killers on the contanent. That sound that resembles the death of your ninjas mixed in with well-choreographed singing? Thats them. There good enough that they dont need to hide.

I hope your death is slow.

And that I can get some help over here. I think I am fused to the ground.

Guys. This is getting out of hoof.

I mean seriously. Serious magical harm is easy to accomplish. At this point You *points at Silent* are just showcasing your legions of... Whatever they are, and You *points at Boffin* are just shooting radiation everywhere and... Actually I don't know what you did. Aside from a strong dislike of monkeys I think you're doing okay.

So tell you what? If you guys call off the fuedin', I'll perform a terrible arcane ritual to regrow you some legs, Night, and I'll even let Thanqol adjudicate the Paradox. He's clever with that sort of stuff.

Or I you insist, please put Nothing-But-Roleplay posts in spoilers. Thanks ^.^"

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Umm...

What the hay is going on, here?
    Search me!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Wow, I haven't posted here in awhile. What is "2F"?

Anyway, still trying to get acclimated to my new place and new roommates. Kind of hard. Excited for BronyCon soon. The guest list shows Tara, Andrea, and the rest as guests, but I wonder if they're going to be there as guests, or be people wandering around. I really really wanna meet Tara. She's one of the reasons (Billy West and Rob Paulson being the others) I really want to get into voice acting. Probably a hard thing to get into, kind of requires being in the right location, and having at least a little natural talent, which I most certainly do not. Anyway, almost yay.
    Well hey, worth an attempt!
    Also, will see you there maybe? Do you have any distinguishing articles about you? I will seek out the threaders of pony.

... Provided we make our flight >.>;

We tried, but we just kept getting errors. Then we looked ahead far enough and, as it turns out, your not in the future. I am not sure exactly what that means either.
    It means that he finally agreed to that game of Calvin ball in 2147, and like I says in the contract he can't leave until I win.

So far we are at... 37 solid years of non continuous time. And each game takes maybe two hours. Oddly, not my biggest losing streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Or being different, like me

Unless you can't hold nad end up just annoying everyone when you try to do something and then be ignored.
    Luka, we aren't ignoring you. But you say "I don't like ponies", and when we complain you get sad and when we don't complain you also get sad. That's... That's a trap.

I can still re-use that scene!

Thanks, will fix.
    Cool.
    Appreciate you not pointing out all the letters missing in the section where I told you that you were missing some letters >.<

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Huh, only a bit over a year ago... wow, ponythreads move fast, don't they? I also don't recognize some of those posters. Guess victims of all the OFCing?
    Yep! Really cool, really Fun. We will have to go back to quoting the old threads again. I believe we left off at... Page 37? Ah well.

I still remember the watch-throughs when I believ Glass Mouse kept calling Rarity "Fancy" and no one had the wherewithal to notice ^w^

... Starry, are you posting as me? You quit stealing my identity Right now, young filly!

Oh, fine. But I'm not that young!

Rassunfrassun spoilsport.

And no muttering!

UUUUGH! *storms off*
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-06-28 at 07:18 AM.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Search me!
    ...where the hay is the search bar on this thing?

Also, drawing is HARD.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

20. - Top - End - #860

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wanted to add, the feeling I got from this story was indeed something like that. Like how it is when you're writing a story and you don't really know where it's going, you make things up as you go along and it may not fit previous events well or the characters might change all the time. I sometimes felt a bit like that with MitM. It was why I thought at one point it might be the CMC telling a story.

I really think it's important to know that this story follows Yours Truly. I had suspicions with the "Professor Sparkle" and Hoofington bits, but it never really occurred to me to me that it was... more than just little nods at that story. I wasn't reminded of what happened with Rarity and Spike in that story. Maybe that was just me being dense

When you take that into account it begins to make sense, it becomes slightly comprehensible. And extremely sad. I think the bit with Rarity and Spike was possibly the saddest part of Yours Truly, as I remember it at least. The realization that this story takes place hundreds of years later, with all their friends gone and replaced by fading memories that aren't at all like the real ponies ... that's horrible, and the kind of horrible that is too good to be lost to the reader because they didn't read the first story.

But then I look at the ending of Easy as Lying, and it seems way too cheery for such a sad story. Did you not intend it to be so sad?

I really get the feeling a re-reading of this is in order. I rarely do that, but maybe I'll make an exception for this one.
    *Nod nod* I'll think about what you've said here. Now that I know exactly what the ending looks like I can tweak, restructure and better foreshadow. I will also definitely add a note advising to read Yours Truly first.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Have you stopped yet?
    Yes. Yes I totally have.

Well then. Hmmm. Well, first off, I think I should have given you a little more credit there. You're an introspective chap after all, you would know what you want out of it, yes.

Second. Interesting. I won't doubt you when you say that you have successfully transmitted the emotions you wished to trasmit. I will note, however, that the particular mix of emotions in Easy as Lying does not match up with my own emotions of... insufficient creative ability, shall we say? Mostly, there is much more embarassment, and a whole lot less anger and doubt. Just an observation, I'm not sure if a relevant one.
    I used slightly the wrong words before. It's the anger an experienced writer feels for a story that isn't working right. Knowing that you have done better and should be doing better. It's a particular flavour of the sentiment I'm very familiar with.

But, as with Yours Truly, I'm able to view the entire emotional concept from a fundamentally different light after writing this story. I've made peace with my anger, in a sense? Useful. It's a curiously effective way to work through thoughts that trouble me.

Third. Stories intending negative emotional impact tend to advertise the fact, because even people who like this sort of thing (tragedy, horror) like to know what they're walking into, if only in very general terms. Tag this one carefully once you publish. But I don't have to tell you that, neh?
    That was something else I was intending to ask, actually. Is just "Dark" sufficient for this?

Glad I could help some. I'll actually be happy to read further drafts, although I don't think I can approach this in any other way that I would a particularly intriguing puzzle, an intellectual excerise. Which would make my input rather less valuable, given that the goal is emotional reaction.
    I feel like there should be more of an intellectual component than there is currently; I want to make some of the themes more clearly defined and less frustrating and work out more elegant ways to tie it together. I feel like the ending should be slightly frustrating but predominately satisfying. Something to work on idly.

Best of luck with that. And I do mean it in both senses of the phrase.
    You want me to have good luck and you think I'll need it?

21. - Top - End - #861
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Is that what that is?

*purges invisiblity*

Shame about those spells is they always are so easy to get rid of.

HEY EVERPONY THERE'S A BIG FRIENDLY DRAGON OVER HERE THAT WAS HIDING. I RECOMMEND A HUG BARRAGE.
    I must flee!

To the dragonmobile! (The batmobile is too small)
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay. I read the "Your's Truely" Fanfic. In all my year (hope that doesn't make me sound too old) never have a seen a fandom this strong. Sure there is differences but out of the years on this planet never has such a community been around. Thank you all for showing me some great fan fics.
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

23. - Top - End - #863

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    Okay. I read the "Your's Truely" Fanfic. In all my year (hope that doesn't make me sound too old) never have a seen a fandom this strong. Sure there is differences but out of the years on this planet never has such a community been around. Thank you all for showing me some great fan fics.
    Thank you, I am very glad you liked my story.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Titan in the Playground

Thanqol I neither read nor like fanfics as a rule (despite having a naggin urge to write a few) and I loved that story.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    I think you bring a lot of the Sad with you, I'm not convinced it is provided by the Fic itself, Deadly. Hence the mood whiplash you're experiencing at the end, there.
    For comparison, I can't help but visualise the the song "The Boys are Back in Town" in negative, melancholy ways like a man talking to the grave of his old friend, or to a guy in a terminal-illness-hospital or something, which is almost certainly not the intended mental image.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-06-28 at 10:21 AM.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Ack I don't need a download...

I should clarify I've no real suspicion of your friend just that's its not a comparison that fills me with confidence since Williams is not really a voice actor and sounds more like a carefully line of careful marketing from somewhere.
    I think the comparison was made based on the variety of voices that they each can produce, but I can understand your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    *GASP!* Oh thankyouthankyouthankyou! I'll be the best flower filly you've ever had! Ooh! I'll even wear my best pair of socks, just for you two! Heeheehee! *Bounces excitedly about.*

Uhh... She certainly is an interesting fiance. When exactly is the wedding? I'm gonna have to go buy a new tux and all that stuff.
    I don't think we've settled on a date yet-
    Oh yes we have, the fifteenth next month.
    Apparently we have set a date after all. Why am I always the last to hear about these things?
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

27. - Top - End - #867
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    ...you know, I thought I recognized the name. Though I showed up in the mid-thirties or late twenties, so I think I can be excused for not having seen it before.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

28. - Top - End - #868
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think you bring a lot of the Sad with you, I'm not convinced it is provided by the Fic itself, Deadly. Hence the mood whiplash you're experiencing at the end, there.
    For comparison, I can't help but visualise the the song "The Boys are Back in Town" in negative, melancholy ways like a man talking to the grave of his old friend, or to a guy in a terminal-illness-hospital or something, which is almost certainly not the intended mental image.
    That's quite possible, which is why I wondered if Thanqol actually intended it to be sad. Regardless of whether this particular story was meant to be sad, I think the underlying events are very, very sad if you think about them.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Firbolg in the Playground

I suppose I better do the following

Grey Mouser - former pink cultist currently enthralled towards Midnight due to somepony using the Ship Note.

Unnamed pony, only referred to as 'the Admiral' during the airshipping conflict. Some manner of higher-up in the Cult of the Pink One. Enjoys the finer things in madness on his space-station, occasionally on his flagship the Socks when in the atmosphere.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

30. - Top - End - #870
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    It's a little heavy on the techno/electronic, but here's what I've got, by artist (some are collabs but only tagged under a single artist):

*huge music list*

And a few miscellaneous songs I don't have artists tagged for. That oughta get you started
    Speaking of music, this guy M_Pallante appeared last saturday from nowhere and started uploading new songs at a frantic pace. He has already been featured in EqD.

I liked the Wings of the Pegassus and You can't fly alone songs. But he seems like a good upcoming artist.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.