New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony 2F: Ponibooru, We Hardly Knew Ye...

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Lixie, you're in charge of music.
    Gotit!
    (enlists Pinkie's help to kidnap her sister and sister in law)

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Okay, how about the direct approach? I would like you to increase the amount of shipping in ponythread.
    ...INcrease?
    I don't think there'd be room for anything else to happen here. At all. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    A suprisingly common question around this place.
    ThanqolLixie
    There. Shipping from australia. Well, half from australia.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I need to record a video of my 4-year old daughter singing Weird Al's "Stop Forwarding that Cr*p to Me". It's unbelieveably adorable how much of the lyrics she knows.
    Sounds it. xD I used to know Albukerke by heart.
    ...I may still do so, but it's harder.

So... normally i'm not into shipping, but I'm kinda curious to see that happen anyway. For amusement purposes of course.
    ...seriously?
    You ponies are seriously testing my alignment.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2012-06-29 at 07:54 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

Heehee, I kinda like that flustered look on Discord. Guess he should stick to "physics remodeling" as his art.
    You can just barely make out what he's drawing. It's a not-so-great stick figure of a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    The name puns physically hurt.
    I guess some people just can't take the punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Okay, you heard the pirate, theme is Gorillas and Lagoons! Alabenson, I'm gonna have to borrow Igor for this. Anarion, gas mileage and transportation of lagoons to the ceremony location are coming out of your credit account, thank you. While I'm supervising the lagoon drainage and shipment, I need two more brides, fifty-six cans of cashews, a gross of lava lamps, seven gallons of pink lemonade, eleven more husbands, and a partridge in a pear tree. Lixie, you're in charge of music. Other people, I need someone to bake and frost twelve cakes, someone else to get fourteen of the largest diamonds you can find and ring-set, and we gotta get the archeologist's union online. Come on, let's move, not much time to make the magic happen!
    Question! For the largest diamonds we can find, does it count if we conveniently forget to look in some places until after the shindig?

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...seriously?
    In all fairness, it could be done from a more theoretical, shipping-wall style perspective. But, as my OC's cutie mark is obviously a boat, I am clearly the Element of Pirates and have no knowledge whatsoever as to the mechanics of shipping. None whatsoever.

And you know what isn't temptation? More free baked goods!

Spoiler
    Show

This unashamed bribery poorly disguised as a change of topic brought to you by Amish...Etarip from...someplace farrrr away! Yes, the perfect cover!

My wife isn't into MLP, but she did get me a Rainbow Dash shirt for my birthday and regailed unto me the story about her adventure at Hot Topic trying to figure out if "Brony" is a bad word or not.
    She didn't ask me cause she wanted the shirt to be a surprise.
    It's been tricky with me and the Cap'n. We like getting each other pony memorabilia, but we gotta be stealthy about it. Some of our family would give us no end of grief should we be discovered. We've become quite good at picking out the more abstract pony pieces; he's got a grey t-shirt simply adorned with a few bubbles. For the rest, we just know where to properly stash them where they won't be discovered. My Pinkie Pie figurine gets to travel with me in my backpack pretty much all the time.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Orc in the Playground

It's official, being my birthday, my body has completed at least 31 orbits around Celestia's sun. My body and soul are around the 21 tough.

Also, I'm frankly appalled that Lix Lorn has ignored my request for theoretical shipping in a previous post.

No pony swag yet, being we are fairly green, but there is an incoming convention and we'll probably buy some for us.

With our penchant for embracing whatever we wish, our families know better than to show negative opinions regarding our tastes.

In fact my soon-to-be mother-in-law will be probably quite on board with getting us pony merchandise, even though she has a slight fear of the multicolored equines, since her daughter used said equines as bribe for not telling on her nightly escapades.
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-06-29 at 01:19 PM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Troll in the Playground

player.setav status "Going on vacation to California for 3 days"
    player.setav shoutrecoverymult 0
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

The name puns physically hurt.
    I know, right?

Perhaps not so extreme, but of same sort. Achieved not through any conscious effort but the natural result that arises with the flow of time.
    .... are we really getting this philosophical? Over ponies?

'cause that's kinda deep for a cartoon.

I rest my case. And my eyes.
    It took me a while, but I finally have a response: I'm ADHD, and I don't have to explain anything that catches my attention randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    .... may I have permission to be scared yet? I want permission to be scared.

It's not like you can compare gravity with a mental compulsion.
    This phrase just sounds both hilarious and awesome. I honestly don't know why, but that sounds like it should be used more in conversations.

My Little Pony simply has a tendency to get stuck in your head. I think it's the distinct characters and simple themes.
    I suppose I'll find out once I give the shows a serious watching (obviously hidden underneath my blanket in a locked room while using headphones. >.<)

And once you do get into it the community is exceptionally creative and friendly.
    When the fan-devotion isn't coming across as a bit creepy, anyway... definitely not the worst fandom I've encountered, though.

So, there's a tendency to view it as an inevitability that, if you're already interested enough to post here, you're going to be into it.
    ... I'm not a Brony yet, am I? Derp was a thing before Derpy Hooves, right?

Also, we are getting both philosophical and analetical over ponies. It feels so odd, looking in from the outside at it...

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Pony pony pony? Pony!

(Translation: You must be new here? Greetings!)
    Okay, I'll admit, that gave me a very good laugh. Hi.

Hello!
    ... if nothing else, that friendship is magic seems to be influential... hi ya.

My wife isn't into MLP, but she did get me a Rainbow Dash shirt for my birthday and regailed unto me the story about her adventure at Hot Topic trying to figure out if "Brony" is a bad word or not.
    She didn't ask me cause she wanted the shirt to be a surprise.
    .... would you believe I found myself in the -EXACT- same situation a few days ago? I was looking for birthday presents for my best friend, and I searched 20 different stores before calling it quits, looking for DVDs and other things she might like. I settled on the Friendship Express dvd and a Rainbowdash Brony Shirt.

It was kinda painful, having to clarify that they weren't for me, and that I was just getting it for a friend. >.< But she seemed to like them, and her smile made up for it big time. ^_^
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-06-29 at 10:10 AM.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    Also, I'm frankly appalled that Lix Lorn has ignored my request for theoretical shipping in a previous post.
    I would also like to be shipped with Lix Lorn. Even though it's not my birthday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    How did you have that image on standby......

7. - Top - End - #967
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Pinkies a Sith? Always pegged Crazy Twilight as one to drop to the dark side of the force, though I can see Pinkamena going there maybe, or even Angrypie.
    When The Old Republic came out we actually had a discussion and it turns out that, yes, Pinkie is a non-evil Sith.

Peace is a lie, there is only party.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #968
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Squees. Gallops over and glomps Thanqol. Licks his nose and then trots away with a smile* Worth it.
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    In all fairness, it could be done from a more theoretical, shipping-wall style perspective. But, as my OC's cutie mark is obviously a boat, I am clearly the Element of Pirates and have no knowledge whatsoever as to the mechanics of shipping. None whatsoever.

And you know what isn't temptation? More free baked goods!

Spoiler
    Show

This unashamed bribery poorly disguised as a change of topic brought to you by Amish...Etarip from...someplace farrrr away! Yes, the perfect cover!
    So, what exactly are you bribing persuading me to do?

It's official, being my birthday, my body has completed at least 31 orbits around Celestia's sun. My body and soul are around the 21 tough.
    Huh? Which post?

Quote Originally Posted by Fragenstein View Post
    I would also like to be shipped with Lix Lorn. Even though it's not my birthday.
    My low-level shipping field means that EVERY ship is given at least one attokate of support.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post

Yes, annnnnd?

It took me a while, but I finally have a response: I'm ADHD, and I don't have to explain anything that catches my attention randomly.
    Sure tell yourself whatever you please.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Orc in the Playground

Don't worry it gets easier with time

.... may I have permission to be scared yet? I want permission to be scared.
    You may, but you could as easily giggle

I suppose I'll find out once I give the shows a serious watching (obviously hidden underneath my blanket in a locked room while using headphones. >.<)
    That's how many of us started...

When the fan-devotion isn't coming across as a bit creepy, anyway... definitely not the worst fandom I've encountered, though.
    Oh it has it's dark side (every fandom does), but it's an exceptionally good bunch of good people.

... I'm not a Brony yet, am I? Derp was a thing before Derpy Hooves, right?
    It was , but Derpy it's like its quintessential version.

Also, we are getting both philosophical and analetical over ponies. It feels so odd, looking in from the outside at it...
    Humans tend to do that

Okay, I'll admit, that gave me a very good laugh. Hi.

... if nothing else, that friendship is magic seems to be influential... hi ya.
    It's a great influence, Welcome! We hope you will have a good time!

Huh? Which post?
    This one
    And now you made me wonder with who/what would you ship a Programmer/TechSupport Pony (Me) and a DressMaker/PartyPony (My wife)
    [We come as a pair and we do everything together, even getting to know other ponies]
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-06-29 at 11:20 AM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

12. - Top - End - #972

My low-level shipping field means that EVERY ship is given at least one attokate of support.
    Well... Zigg's request was to be shipped by you. Mine was to be shipped...

Er. Hey, look! That pirate brought cake!

13. - Top - End - #973

A Rising Moon has updated! Go forth and rejoice!

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fragenstein View Post
    Well... Zigg's request was to be shipped by you. Mine was to be shipped...

Er. Hey, look! That pirate brought cake!
    I said EVERY ship.

15. - Top - End - #975

I said EVERY ship.
    Well now. That just made my day.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #976
    Troll in the Playground

All that means is you have extra explaining to do when something holds your attention.

I'm not familiar with the unit. What's the definition?

Also, here's a... uh... what're they called... a watchamacallit... a pony! Yeah.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also some humanised Mane 6, in the style of Panty & Stocking:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-06-29 at 12:31 PM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

17. - Top - End - #977

I don't know that anypony actually cares, but Topaz' Traditionally Tardy List of Pony tabletop RPGs has been updated with the addition of Ponies & Parasprites, Season Two (Homebrew).

As always, any corrections or additions are welcome.
    Last edited by Topaz; 2012-06-29 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Stupid server!
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

18. - Top - End - #978
    Spamalot in the Playground

...seriously?
    I'm the element of Dungeon Mastering. It's what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    It's been tricky with me and the Cap'n. We like getting each other pony memorabilia, but we gotta be stealthy about it.
    That's kinda cute/romantic in a very weird fan-of-the-show kind of way. My family and friends know my daughter and I are big show fans so for us its not really an issue to hid anything from them. More like an issue to hide our stuff from each other!

It was kinda painful, having to clarify that they weren't for me, and that I was just getting it for a friend. >.< But she seemed to like them, and her smile made up for it big time. ^_^
    Cool that she liked it. If you want a sure-fire way to prevent anyone from asking questions when you buy MLP merch, carry a small child with you. I find that as long as my daughter is with me, no one asks questions.
    Heck, one time I was looking at adult sized MLP shirts and this store worker walks buy asking "Aww, your kid a big MLP fan? I don't ususally see the dads out her buying their kids the pony stuff. Brave man!"
    Totally didn't get exactly where we were standing I guess?

...so yeah. Like a charm. I've even loaned my daughter to a friend twice and it worked for him.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

19. - Top - End - #979
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    I'm not familiar with the unit. What's the definition?
    I am the prophet of the shipping goddess. Her name is Kate. My shipping field produces one 0.000000000000000001th of her shipping capacity per second.
    It's strong enough to ship everyone within a mile with everyone else within a mile, and to make the VERY weak willed start to make out.

20. - Top - End - #980

... and to make the VERY weak willed start to make out.
    Hey, my "will" is just fine. It's my "won't" that doesn't get out much. Because it's just more fun that way.
    Last edited by Fragenstein; 2012-06-29 at 12:55 PM.

21. - Top - End - #981

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, they look sort of like me and sis!

Speaking of which... Where is sis?
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-06-29 at 12:58 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Humanized Twilight needs to be 20% darker, yay for dark-skinned Twilight.

23. - Top - End - #983

Humanized Twilight needs to be 20% darker...
    And Rainbow Dash...

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Fragenstein; 2012-06-29 at 01:09 PM.

24. - Top - End - #984

I have arrived at Bronycon.

Don't know how everypony plans on gathering and contacting each other.

Still thinking of just lurking.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Take tons of pictures and post them please!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

26. - Top - End - #986
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    I don't know that anypony actually cares, but Topaz' Traditionally Tardy List of Pony tabletop RPGs has been updated with the addition of Ponies & Parasprites, Season Two (Homebrew).

As always, any corrections or additions are welcome.
    Hey Topaz! Guess where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post

Don't know how everypony plans on gathering and contacting each other.

Still thinking of just lurking.
    Related to the above: some of us are too! Everypony wants to see you so we totally need to figure out how to de-lurk you.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Everyone from GitP could simply print out a picture of threadchan and pin her to their cloths. You could even do your avatar on one arm and threadchan on the other, so people are recognizable at a distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

28. - Top - End - #988

I second, third, and fourth this.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Firbolg in the Playground

This man knows what this thread wants. Tvtyrant for new ponythread Tyrant?
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-06-29 at 03:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone from GitP could simply print out a picture of threadchan and pin her to their cloths. You could even do your avatar on one arm and threadchan on the other, so people are recognizable at a distance.
    If you're going to do that, here's the most up-to-date version of the thread pony, more show-accurate than the earlier versions
    Spoiler
    Show

Edit: also this.
    Last edited by Bryn; 2012-06-29 at 03:00 PM.