New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony 2F: Ponibooru, We Hardly Knew Ye...

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Hooray now watch possibly the best combo ever.
    I don't really know, it seems to me like opposites mixed, it's like the creation of pure GAR awesomeness mixed with MLP aesthetics, I just....ugh.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-06-30 at 04:18 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Jolly Good!You see, old bean, the problem is that one has an idea for a science fiction story. However one cannot tell if one had derived it from another story and simply forgotten it, and so one needs someone to read one's basic premise and tell myself if they have heard it before.

Spoiler
    Show
    At its most basic, the premise is a galactic dark age with massive species diasporas. The local planetary governments are still in full control of themselves, but are slowly finding their power undermined by the trade systems and a diabolical resurgence of the Old Cult.

Trade works through species enclaves on each planet, and is mostly based around elicit or rare goods. A merchant arriving on a planet goes to stay with his own species there in order to take advantage of things like a shared language (there are a lot of languages), as well as a protection from local attack/discrimination. Typical goods include constructed elements needed for FTL travel (which can only be made in a few places) or life forms like exotic pets.

The Old Cult is the major threat to the current quasi-peace. War has been reduced to a small scale operation, usually fought over insignificant borders. The ability to make war on each other’s soil has been reduced to the pre-imperial level, where nuclear weapons could destroy a planets life but infantry could not be shipped in adequate numbers to conquer one. However, the Old Cult has been infiltrating governments and genetic research labs, preparing for an attempt to overthrow the little tyrants that rule the galaxy and restore the Panthic Empire.

There was formerly a series of fairly large federations (the most centralized were like our EU, the least centralized were simply free trade non-aggression pacts). An accident involving attempted transdimensional travel created a small group of super humans, who took over Earth (a decently influential but not enormously powerful member of a similarly positioned federation), and used it as a spring board to conquer the galaxy.

Their individual powers were incredible, but there were far more inhabitable planets than them. So they conscripted the women of earth as mothers to act as surrogate mothers for clones of themselves. Millions of the clones were sent out to conquer first the other planets of the federation, and then repeated to conquer the entire galaxy.
    T
    he clones were weaker than the originals, but they were still impossibly powerful (think Thor in Avengers). The army was successful in its conquests, and created a massive if now depopulated and badly run empire. Over the next few centuries the empire centralized wealth and resources, tripling and then tripling again the number of FTL ships in the galaxy. Trade and shipping were state owned enterprises, and many goods were either monopolized by the state or restricted to only a few planets so that their sales would go into the state coffers. This allowed the Panthic Empire to remove taxes for followers of the Pantheon Cult, which was designed to encourage worship of the ruling superbeings.

Over time these policies ruined the galactic economy, and led to scarcity and mass deprivation. This in turn led to an almost spontaneous galaxy wide revolt, with the eventually destruction of the clone armies (and almost total destruction of modernity throughout the galaxy).
    You weren't asking me, but that sounds cool and original.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    You weren't asking me, but that sounds cool and original.
    Thanks! I have been mulling this over the last few weeks, but I keep having terrible premonitions that I ripped it off of someone else.

Also, I found a new favorite MLP pic!

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-06-30 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks! I have been mulling this over the last few weeks, but I keep having terrible premonitions that I ripped it off of someone else.

Also, I found a new favorite MLP pic!

Spoiler
    Show
    It doesn't sound to me like any one thing I've heard of, read or watched. Obviously there are echoes of a dozen or so small elements which are passingly similar to other things, but generally doesn't seem to be cribbed from anything I know.

Going to second Lix on this, it does sound pretty cool.
    Though,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spontainious galaxy-wide revolution? Not sure I buy that. If it secretly was instigated and orchestrated by someone/thing (one of the Superbeings perhaps?) then it might work.

Likewise, if instead of them being overthrown, they merely reigned disasterously for a generation or so (being powerful beyond measure but still fundamentally mortal) before their dynasty lost it's grasp as the Supersoldiers who provided their hold on the galaxy aged and died off, with successive reclonings being increasingly weak and their stores of earlier-generation genetic material being lost and/or degrading over time or even ruined deliberately by someone.
    Of the two, I kind of like the second option more, but that's not my call to make.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rainclouds indeed.

Very solid episode, probably better than the last one but Neigh Soul Sister remains my top episode. Can't wait for the inevitable extended version of this one's song.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

Extended russian jazz cover of the song from todays episode.
    Can has now plz.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    It doesn't sound to me like any one thing I've heard of, read or watched. Obviously there are echoes of a dozen or so small elements which are passingly similar to other things, but generally doesn't seem to be cribbed from anything I know.

Going to second Lix on this, it does sound pretty cool.
    Though,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spontainious galaxy-wide revolution? Not sure I buy that. If it secretly was instigated and orchestrated by someone/thing (one of the Superbeings perhaps?) then it might work.

Likewise, if instead of them being overthrown, they merely reigned disasterously for a generation or so (being powerful beyond measure but still fundamentally mortal) before their dynasty lost it's grasp as the Supersoldiers who provided their hold on the galaxy aged and died off, with successive reclonings being increasingly weak and their stores of earlier-generation genetic material being lost and/or degrading over time or even ruined deliberately by someone.
    Of the two, I kind of like the second option more, but that's not my call to make.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The issue with that is the cults big plan was to send clone samples out to all of the planets and then attempt to create a new army all at once. If the DNA keeps getting cruddier than it would be hard to justify.

Unless they found samples from the bodies of the originals on Earth. Alright, stealing your idea :P

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Rainclouds indeed.

Very solid episode, probably better than the last one but Neigh Soul Sister remains my top episode. Can't wait for the inevitable extended version of this one's song.
    Gypsy Pie gets more potentially destructive each episode.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-06-30 at 05:33 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Troll in the Playground

dear celestia. song so addictive @,@
    comence headbob
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-06-30 at 05:41 PM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

11. - Top - End - #1061

Raincloud was best pony
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Friendship is Witchcraft?

.... Is there any particular reason why the voice acting seems to be of much higher quality than the average abridged?

David H Murdock
    89 / M / seeking
    friendship What?

That was... different. Am I a Brony if I like an Abridge but am still unsure of the main series?

13. - Top - End - #1063

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post

.... Is there any particular reason why the voice acting seems to be of much higher quality than the average abridged?

David H Murdock
    89 / M / seeking
    friendship What?

That was... different. Am I a Brony if I like an Abridge but am still unsure of the main series?
    Is wanting to make a quality abridged series enough a reason?

By my definition you are a brony, but I've found I have a much broader definition than most.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Rainclouds indeed.

Yes I think the problem last time is how do you make a tragically hilarious character... tragically hilarious? It like the earlier episodes came off more mean then funny on the whole

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Extended russian jazz cover of the song from todays episode.
    Can has now plz.
    I'm sure it will be there. Otherwise we might have to get together a our torches and pitchforks and go all 1699 on that plot.

David H Murdock
    89 / M / seeking
    friendship What?

You need to watch the previous episodes for that one. But FiM first.

And yes the vocal work is good. Mostly because its not just one pony but an actual cast, Little Kuriboh is still about the only ones I've ever heard pull off a cast themselves. Well for the net that is, Billy West does it every episode of Futurama but that's another issue.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

..... also, just out of curiosity, but Bronycon? They have those? How much pony can one person take?
    If we ever figure out the upper limit we'll be sure to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    I say, good show! What what. I do declare it high time for more dapper pony pics!

Spoiler
    Show
    Indeed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1066

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Indeed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-06-30 at 08:43 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #1067

I love this fandom. And now I'm sad, because of a bloody cartoon cloud.

What's wrong with me?
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Banned

Aaalllll the preoccupied.

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    *Squees. Gallops over and glomps Thanqol. Licks his nose and then trots away with a smile* Worth it.
    Why? I mean, I've done it too, I'm just curious about your reasons :P

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    I second, third, and fourth this.
    Aww nuts. Fine, I'll try...
    Kinda late though, and phone is usually dead...

A vote for me is a vote completely thrown away! (I am the element of tyranny though)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    I've had like 3 hours of sleep in the last 36, but I'm meeting a ton of threadponies and having a blast.
    And now you're drawing so Thanqol doesn't get mad at you! What a trooper!

I suppose nothing, I guess. I've seen people be devoted and such over what they like, but rarely ever deep over it...
    Ponies are an admittedly whimsical vessel around which we rally to discuss themes. Friendship over duty. Wisdom and compassion. Who you are versus who you want to be. Individual liberty competing with harmonious coexistence and how to find a balance.

My personal trainer said the same thing, and twice I've almost been paralyzed by pain.
    If ponies ever paralyze you I will eat my hats. Granularity, friend

And what was your excuse when/if you got caught?
    ... Excuse?

Honestly, it would be odd if this thread was completely serious, and everyone was all up tight about ponies. "I say ol' chap, how about those equestrians?"
    Monocle!

..... also, just out of curiosity, but Bronycon? They have those? How much pony can one person take?
    All the pony! And then it will be shared with all. And the pony shall increase exponentially as when given away it remains!

More seriously, though. It's layered. I enjoyed friends and 'lol pony' and all, and that was good. An then I got a chance to see John Delancie in action. The staff had decided on an impromptu singalong (there was a giant truck blaring music videos), and they started a kick line. I was filming it, singing along. And I turn.

Grinning. Grinning that maniac grin of a man in the throes of joy. Delancie filming the proceedings and... Stars and Fire, I'll be honest. It's hard to remover that level of joy, to remember exactly how profound the show's message can be. Seeing how touched this man was, seeing an outsider's perspective broke through my familiarity. Relating the story in the hotel room twenty minutes later I almost cried.

There is colored pony media. Sure.
    There is camaraderie and in-jokes. Good, but we could go deeper.
    There is making a difference in the world. That's MLP.

And that's magic.

19. - Top - End - #1069

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    And that's magic.
    And that, my friends, is how unicorns warm Bleakbanes heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

And that's magic.
    ...And we have found the heart of pony thread. Let's hope the police don't hear it.

21. - Top - End - #1071

And that's magic.
    That just makes me think that if I ever make an OC (If I even end up making it) could be fun to see if I'm immune to magic or something, besides the other traits
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-06-30 at 09:59 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Colossus in the Playground

I've mostly been ambivalent about the Witchcraft episodes but this was tops.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Troll in the Playground

wrong question. it's not a matter of how much you can take, it's how much it takes to feed the addiction.

As I've said before, ponies are made of crack.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-06-30 at 10:19 PM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Troll in the Playground

So, yeah, welcome to Ponyard's bachelor party. You're free to spike the punch, just don't use Spike or superglue.

Also, my AC's down. I really wish my house was about 20% cooler right now.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

And that's magic.
    That's profound. Seriously, you basically just drove right to the core of the idea.

Also, to anyone at Bronycon, if you get to Faust or DeLancie, or any other staff, I had a question I want to see asked.
    Q: Given the size and success of the Brony movement, there may be a chance of other people trying to figure out what happened here and emulate My Little Pony's success. What advice would you give to someone else that was trying to make something that would appeal to a broad demographic and create a faithful following for a new show?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

26. - Top - End - #1076

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    wrong question. it's not a matter of how much you can take, it's how much it takes to feed the addiction.

As I've said before, ponies are made of crack.
    No they're not, you silly silly. They're created using a super concoction of every substance humanity has ever used to try to get high.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

27. - Top - End - #1077

No they're not, you silly silly. They're created using a super concoction of every substance humanity has ever used to try to get high.
    Then they cut it with Rainbows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

Every substance ever used to try to get high? That's a lot of substances. Possibly definitely all of them.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Colossus in the Playground

Two things:

One: Do Not Serve These Ponies is a thing that shall happen hereish.

Two: An interesting contrast to the success of the Pony Fandom, have an article on the failure of the Sonic Fandom

30. - Top - End - #1080

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Every substance ever used to try to get high? That's a lot of substances. Possibly definitely all of them.
    My point exactly!
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.