New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony 2F: Ponibooru, We Hardly Knew Ye...

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    In other news those that mention the Doctor forgot to mention that Octavia and Mayor Mare are also now pseudo-canon. Also its now apparently Golden "Carrot Top" Harvest which I suppose I will settle for.

I've also concluded that Time Turner is clearly the Equestrian "John Smith" alias.
    They are also clearly trolling us by making Lyra share bonbons with her PFF ... Carrot Top! It can only be intentional trolling

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I think you are extrapolating a bit too much from neat ideas built out of incredibly vague and non-specific events. I mean, just for funsies, let's put the horseshoe on the other other foot:

Celestia spent a thousand years after Luna's imprisonment looking for a way to help. She knew the seal would eventually break, and on the very day that Nightmare Moon was due to come spiraling down from the heavens to wreak havoc she just happened to arrange for herself and her once-in-twelve-generations talented protege to be within spitting distance of the Elements of Harmony in a village that, oh by the way, happens to contain the five other ponies capable of wielding them alongside Twilight. A quick prod to get Twilight in the right mindset, and... well all right then.

At that point, Celly was holding all of the cards. What possible reason does she have to fight with Nightmare Moon?

And whether or not that explanation jives with you or not is wholly irrelevant, the point is that there is far far far too little information given to the viewer to do more than offer interesting conjecture. Which, given that the narrative of the arc is fully realized and delivers emotional impact while allowing for this kind of discussion, is actually a sign of "stupid good" writing.

You're swinging a point of potential, of fanon, like it's a hammer. I mean, yeah, it'd be awesome if Luna was secretly the stronger of the two. Subversion of tropes and all that. On the other hand, it's My Little Pony - it's simply not the kind of show that's meant to create a "right" answer to these kinds of questions and debates. Our pals at DHX Media play more or less the same game with each other all the time.
    Honestly I have no clue what the discussion is. Just wanted to point out I read this all in Twilight's voice. Forgive please for side tracking.
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    They are also clearly trolling us by making Lyra share bonbons with her PFF ... Carrot Top! It can only be intentional trolling
    Hasbro Marketing is best troll.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ettin in the Playground

While an interesting alternative I think we still have to go with apparent canon which would suggest that NMM could overpower Celestia and do it quickly. And that it was all according to plan is really crossing the subtle line between justified speculation into inserting one's own fanon. Now is it because Celestia on her own is just unwilling to go to the lengths needed or is simply less powerful, ehh. I myself will go with that Celestia neither wanted to nor actually could overcome her sister unaided once NMM was in play.

Celestia and Luna though might have the opposite, Luna explicitly states that Twilight took away her dark powers, this to me more then directly implies she is less powerful now. However proably back into a state of balance, ala the Sisterly Yin Yang image. Well depending on if Luna is to be considered full strength at present or not, presumably a thousand years is going to take some time close a gap there.
    The entire point of me outlining that scenario was to demonstrate that there is no "apparent canon" beyond whatever biases you happen to bring into the episode. Both possibilities (and indeed a fair few more than that) are equally or almost as equally supported by what we see on screen and are told by the characters, which is the only point of comparison we really have. Equally as valid in the arena of maybes and explanations is the suggestion that Luna took heavily to gaming upon her return to Equestria and missed the changeling invasion because she was trying to patch Diablo 3. There's no point of contradiction except a very mild suggestion that the tech levels in Equestria aren't that high, except that occasionally treehouse libraries have underground super science laboratories with computers and everything, when it's funny or adds something to a scene.

The world of Equestria is fluid and meta as hell, and every author who's penned a script thus far has a different idea of quite the way it all works. That's awesome, by the way, and I think it captivates as many or more than it frustrates. But it does mean that when we're discussing canon, we really need to remember what we're talking about. We talk about apparent canon and we frame our discussions as though we're standing on the foundations of absolutes. But we aren't. We're applying analysis and critical thinking techniques to a children's cartoon show, and it helps to set the tenor of the discussion with that in mind.

I don't have a pony in this "Celly v Luna" race. I stepped in here to establish some grounding. Somepony says, "but we know X". No. We don't know X at all. We're simply not looking at Y right now.

SiuiS said he's railing against the promulgation of a lie, but there are no lies when there is no truth. The Royal Pony Sisters represent an infinite tapestry of possibilities. They are the swirling portal of rainbow light at the end of the universe, and if we're ever so lucky to catch a ride there we'll find out what in the heck that means. But until that day, we don't know anything. We can talk about what we think, or what interpretations we like best, and we can pull apart all of our favorite episodes and examine them for possible meaning and build arguments and write essays just like we were scholars prodding at the Iliad. I love it. I encourage it. Have fun with it, I implore you.

What I see happening instead is literal null space being pointed to as proof that someone else is wrong. Not hinting that there's another way to interpret things, but flat out calling an entire line of interpretation incorrect based on... what? Two scenes that don't exist. That isn't healthy, and it's exactly the kind of thing that takes a fun discussion and turns it into an argument.

Also, is it me or am I less good at making points in the context of a forum than I used to be? I feel like if I was able to physically speak on the topic I'd have been done yesterday. But then everybody would just tell me how cute I am again.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

Also, is it me or am I less good at making points in the context of a forum than I used to be? I feel like if I was able to physically speak on the topic I'd have been done yesterday. But then everybody would just tell me how cute I am again.
    Well, you ARE very cute...
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I actualy have a obligation to post this. I am sorry, Phoe.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1267

Mmmm, Do Not Serve These Ponies is delicious to write. Have a half finished draft of chapter 3.

I'd forgotten writing could be this much fun.
    Reading it is just as much. When can I expect Moar?

In other news those that mention the Doctor forgot to mention that Octavia and Mayor Mare are also now pseudo-canon. Also its now apparently Golden "Carrot Top" Harvest which I suppose I will settle for.

I've also concluded that Time Turner is clearly the Equestrian "John Smith" alias.
    That was my thought as well. They reference Timey-wimey. They know it, we know it, it's just copyright issues now.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    That was my thought as well. They reference Timey-wimey. They know it, we know it, it's just copyright issues now.
    Enterplay brought on three consultants from the fandom to help them figure out art and, interestingly, write the descriptions on each of the cards. What followed was a mad spree to canonize as many fan-favorite points as possible.

You can check out the interview I sleep walked my way through if you're curious about that.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jesus! (Or around here, would it be Celestia?) You guys sure keep busy!

*skims posting since last post, understanding absolutely nothing*

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    .... what?
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    Honestly I have no clue what the discussion is. Just wanted to point out I read this all in Twilight's voice. Forgive please for side tracking.
    You could read it in Phoe's voice, have a sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Hasbro Marketing is best troll.
    Always

I don't have a pony in this "Celly v Luna" race. I stepped in here to establish some grounding. Somepony says, "but we know X". No. We don't know X at all. We're simply not looking at Y right now.
    Well yeah but when at least I say as I will now "we know NMM beat Celestia" that's referring to the specific instance in the first episode. I have to take that scene at face value where given some leeway for artistic direction we have to take that as a loss. Ergo NMM is more powerful then Celestia.

(Which is separate but related to where Luna is at present)

I couldn't say, you were fairly irregular when I started posting. We do get perhaps a little over-excited though when you show up.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Jesus! (Or around here, would it be Celestia?) You guys sure keep busy!

*skims posting since last post, understanding absolutely nothing*
    While slightly different, this comic does a good job of explaining what is going on.

Spoiler
    Show

Effectively, you can have dogmatic disputes about anything.

Also, if anyone here has been following the Ace Attorney/My Little Pony crossover on youtube, they are currently looking for someone to voice applebloom.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-07-02 at 05:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Bugbear in the Playground

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE WITH THIS.

*Shoots Thubby severaly more times.*
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-07-02 at 06:00 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

13. - Top - End - #1273

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE WITH THIS.

*Shoots Thibby severaly more times.*
    I would assume the world-wide version is, however, John Doe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Titan in the Playground

Reviewers

First draft of Roots of a Heart, chapter 3

Still not sure how I feel about this story. I'll be happy when it's over, and thankfully there's only one chapter left to write (unless unexpected things happen).

Let me know what you think.

15. - Top - End - #1275

Language question: Do ponies speak Equestrian, Common, Basic, or Pony?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    I always liked Equestrian, but I'm not sure there's any reason it couldn't be anything else

17. - Top - End - #1277

GnomeWizardGuy

"Common" doesn't really make sense as a language. It's used in D&D to represent a common speaking tongue, but I've never heard of a language being referred to as just Common.

Basic could make sense, although is a bit derogatory and implying there is a 'higher' or 'better' language spoken. Speaking Pony would be like speaking Human. Equestrian makes the most sense, as a lot of languages get named after their location or influences - although one would wonder what the name of the language was before ponies moves to Equestria.

Overall though, come up with a reason for the language's name that makes sense. If it called Basic or Common because it really was a commoner's trade language back in Princess Platinum's time, and ended up becoming the regular tongue once merchantile picked up, then the name would make more sense than something like Equestrian.

Canterlot might be an appropriate name, as well. Didn't Luna proclaim her speech to be the "Royal Canterlot Voice" after all?
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

18. - Top - End - #1278

Well yeah but when at least I say as I will now "we know NMM beat Celestia" that's referring to the specific instance in the first episode. I have to take that scene at face value where given some leeway for artistic direction we have to take that as a loss. Ergo NMM is more powerful then Celestia.

(Which is separate but related to where Luna is at present)
    Indeed?

We know that Nightmare Moon acts in a particular way, which many of us perceive as triumphant.
    We know that Celestia does not appear on-screen at the same time as Nightmare Moon, or even while NMM is free.

We infer that Nightmare Moon overpowered Celestia shortly before revealing herself to Ponyville.

This is a common interpretation, but as Phoe pointed out, it is neither canonically confirmed nor the only plausible explanation of the observable facts.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Speaking Pony would be like speaking Human.
    Twilight Sparkle doesn't speak Squirrel.
    Perhaps she really does speak Pony, instead.

Or Horse. Then they could refer to the language they spoke before the founding of Equestria as Old Horse.

Alternatively, it could simply be English, in as much as there is such a thing as French.

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Indeed?

We know that Nightmare Moon acts in a particular way, which many of us perceive as triumphant.
    We know that Celestia does not appear on-screen at the same time as Nightmare Moon, or even while NMM is free.

We infer that Nightmare Moon overpowered Celestia shortly before revealing herself to Ponyville.

This is a common interpretation, but as Phoe pointed out, it is neither canonically confirmed nor the only plausible explanation of the observable facts.
    There's also the fact that Celestia appears pretty much the moment the Mane 6 beat Nightmare Moon to further complicate matters.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2012-07-02 at 06:21 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1280

You might be tired, y'know, what with the giant con event that just happened in addition to all your normal responsibilities which I presume take up a sizable amount of time out of your day.

Equestrian gets my vote. Do you speak Human or English, the language derived primarily from the culture and people of England?

Just got through Part 7, which is also the infamous Varia suit bit, and the first "F**k you, Sakamoto"

I am so glad I never touched this game. It should be sitting somewhere in the 30s or 40s on Metacritic. Everything about it looks bad. I cannot BELIEVE that it had defenders in the press, because it should be ripped apart as a lesson of how not to do gameplay and story line segregation, or voice acting, or as a warning of the dangers of Telling instead of Showing. I don't consider myself a Metroid fan boy, having only played Super and the first Prime, but this is actually making me mad as I watch it.

Also, if I ever needed to come up with a Canadian pony name, Maple Leaf is pretty perfect. And Olive Branch sounds like and excellent diplomat.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Titan in the Playground

The entire point of me outlining that scenario was to demonstrate that there is no "apparent canon" beyond whatever biases you happen to bring into the episode. Both possibilities (and indeed a fair few more than that) are equally or almost as equally supported by what we see on screen and are told by the characters, which is the only point of comparison we really have. Equally as valid in the arena of maybes and explanations is the suggestion that Luna took heavily to gaming upon her return to Equestria and missed the changeling invasion because she was trying to patch Diablo 3. There's no point of contradiction except a very mild suggestion that the tech levels in Equestria aren't that high, except that occasionally treehouse libraries have underground super science laboratories with computers and everything, when it's funny or adds something to a scene.

The world of Equestria is fluid and meta as hell, and every author who's penned a script thus far has a different idea of quite the way it all works. That's awesome, by the way, and I think it captivates as many or more than it frustrates. But it does mean that when we're discussing canon, we really need to remember what we're talking about. We talk about apparent canon and we frame our discussions as though we're standing on the foundations of absolutes. But we aren't. We're applying analysis and critical thinking techniques to a children's cartoon show, and it helps to set the tenor of the discussion with that in mind.

SiuiS said he's railing against the promulgation of a lie, but there are no lies when there is no truth. The Royal Pony Sisters represent an infinite tapestry of possibilities. They are the swirling portal of rainbow light at the end of the universe, and if we're ever so lucky to catch a ride there we'll find out what in the heck that means. But until that day, we don't know anything. We can talk about what we think, or what interpretations we like best, and we can pull apart all of our favorite episodes and examine them for possible meaning and build arguments and write essays just like we were scholars prodding at the Iliad. I love it. I encourage it. Have fun with it, I implore you.

What I see happening instead is literal null space being pointed to as proof that someone else is wrong. Not hinting that there's another way to interpret things, but flat out calling an entire line of interpretation incorrect based on... what? Two scenes that don't exist. That isn't healthy, and it's exactly the kind of thing that takes a fun discussion and turns it into an argument.
    That was quite well put and I agree that we can't speak in absolutes. I do, however, think that one can build a relatively persuasive case for some theories, while other theories have a less persuasive case. To put it in probabilities, existing factual evidence from the show (discounting all outside show comments as never finalized) still might make certain theories 80% likely, while others would be 20% likely.

So, Luna being on Diablo III I would put around 1% or less. First off, we've never see video games in Equestria, and second, if Luna was patching and playing D3, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have made it back for the wedding reception.

In comparison, I think that the idea of Luna being more powerful than Celestia is supported by a substantial weight of the evidence, but less than would be needed to clearly convince me. So maybe 60-65% chance of that one being right. I base that mostly on the initial story, which is structured to present Celestia as being forced to turn to a powerful option because of the dire straights she was in. We also see in the opener that Celestia is gone and that the night endures for the entire time until Nightmare Moon was defeated, which suggests that Celestia was not able to raise the sun until that point. I don't find Luna's reappearance particularly convincing either way, though seeing her hair changed to be like Celestia, it does at least imply a similar level of magic compared to her restoration following the season 1 opener.

This.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-07-02 at 06:29 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    While slightly different, this comic does a good job of explaining what is going on.

Spoiler
    Show

Effectively, you can have dogmatic disputes about anything.
    I see. Thanks for that summary.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Just got through Part 7, which is also the infamous Varia suit bit, and the first "F**k you, Sakamoto"

I am so glad I never touched this game. It should be sitting somewhere in the 30s or 40s on Metacritic. Everything about it looks bad. I cannot BELIEVE that it had defenders in the press, because it should be ripped apart as a lesson of how not to do gameplay and story line segregation, or voice acting, or as a warning of the dangers of Telling instead of Showing. I don't consider myself a Metroid fan boy, having only played Super and the first Prime, but this is actually making me mad as I watch it.
    I'm upset that a Metroid Game was ever ruined... and by (the left overs of) Team Ninja, no less.

Intergalactic Bounty Hunter who kicks so much butt she needs a new suit that has upgraded shoes. Add Gameplay that enables her to kick even more butt. Season with a slightly different location to blow up at the end, and with different creatures that require new fantastic weapons to destroy. Allow Samus to keep being a badass.

I don't see what part of that formula needed to be screwed up.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-07-02 at 06:40 PM.
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I wouldn't mind a little character development for her, but otherwise the boasting is a fun part of who Trixie is.
    I wonder if the Mare Do Well should have featured Trixie instead of Rainbow Dash?
    Yes it should have. Or had Trixie come back as Mare Do Well. Its not like they could make that episode worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Still, I don't think there's any doubt who looks awesome and badflank in this picture, it isn't Luna. In fact I'd say she looks a little "weak", in distress and in need of saving.

The art is great, I just used it as an excuse to rant a little about the greater trend of Luna being somehow less powerful or even weak. I think there's good reason to believe that she's at the very least as powerful as Celestia, and quite possibly more powerful (without the Elements, the Elements obviously tip the balance).

Yes, but that doesn't make it right all the time ;) I don't mind convention or clichés, but sometimes they should be broken, and I think Luna is an excellent character for breaking this particular one. And the way she's been portrayed in S2, while not definitive, I can't help but feel that maybe, just maybe the writers see her perhaps a little in the same way.
    Personally I think Luna is more powerful then Celestia. She's also the more 'wild' sister. So while Celestia shoots a solar flare that would precisly hit one target, Luna would blow up the entire throne room. Or create a giant hurricane. Basically it's the difference between a scalpel and a sledgehammer.

However it is also possible that Luna lost a lot of power after getting blaster by the EoH
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hey, Trixie! I just realised who you're talking about! I watched that episode today! As for her coming back into the series... honestly, that sounds kinda eh... She got served, big time. She'd need to learn some new tricks before she could show her face again...

It'd be interesting for her, after being shown up by Twilight Sparkle, to have put more practice into being able to perform her magic, and try to challenge her nemesis... Magic Competition!

25. - Top - End - #1285

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    I'm upset that a Metroid Game was ever ruined... and by (the left overs of) Team Ninja, no less.

Intergalactic Bounty Hunter who kicks so much butt she needs a new suit that has upgraded shoes. Add Gameplay that enables her to kick even more butt. Season with a slightly different location to blow up at the end, and with different creatures that require new fantastic weapons to destroy. Allow Samus to keep being a badass.

I don't see what part of that formula needed to be screwed up.
    The only way I don't turn that into an out-of-place rant that brings in other games is to leave it at: It's a failure of "show don't tell".
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

26. - Top - End - #1286

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Twilight Sparkle doesn't speak Squirrel.
    Perhaps she really does speak Pony, instead.
    She doesn't know what the name of squirrel language is. She doesn't speak Squirrel, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Alternatively, it could simply be English, in as much as there is such a thing as French.
    I will take this as meaning a couture by a pony named French Haute until proven otherwise, just to be stubbron.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    So, Luna being on Diablo III I would put around 1% or less. First off, we've never see video games in Equestria, and second, if Luna was patching and playing D3, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have made it back for the wedding reception.
    Sure we have. We haven't seen any online PC games, though.

In comparison, I think that the idea of Luna being more powerful than Celestia is supported by a substantial weight of the evidence, but less than would be needed to clearly convince me.
    I wouldn't say Luna is stronger than Celestia, but that Nightmare Moon has an advantage over her. It probably makes a bit of sense, as Celestia is unlikely to want to hurt her sister much while NMM wouldn't have many such reservations - Celestia may be stronger, but not strong enough to pacify her sister simply.

This.
    I'll add in my agreement.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

27. - Top - End - #1287

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Sure we have. We haven't seen any online PC games, though.
    Has any linguist gone around to see if their written language is consistent like 'alien' in Futurama?
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    I just wanted to thank you, sir.

Due to cause-and-effect, I am now reading everything in Phoe's voice.

And it's so beautiful.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

That was one of the less terrible moments in the game, I think.
    I didn't see the whole game, and as a student of game design with an interest in storytelling, I tend to get upset over slightly different things.

Allow me to present "Exhibit: Oh dear pony princesses my pancreas:"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

30. - Top - End - #1290

GnomeWizardGuy

Has any linguist gone around to see if their written language is consistent like 'alien' in Futurama?
    I can pretty much guarantee it isn't. The title Super Naturals: Natural Cures That Are Just Super just appears to be a plant, while Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone looks almost identical to english lettering. I'm sure we can find more examples of the local language either appearing to be English, appearing as blocky "gibberish", or just not appearing at all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image