New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Among Silent Stars (IC)

In the infinite void of space, stretching out in every direction so far that you could travel for a hundred lifetimes and not see the tiniest fraction of the galaxy, it is often difficult to believe that the Emperor protects. Leave that faith to those who remain rooted to a single world all their lives, unaware of the hungry nothingness all around them. The Imperial Navy patrols Humanity's systems, but borders are a futile concept when so much three-dimensional emptiness exists between every inhabited planet. It is easy for countless terrors to lurk in the wide, wide gaps of security.

Yet here in the Rubycon II system there is a definite feeling of a boundary, a line beyond which there is no protection. No Imperial Navy, no mighty Space Marines; it seems that even the power of the God Emperor cannot extend past this point. This is the edge of the map; in a galaxy of blood and destruction of unimaginable scale, this is the place where warriors fear to tread. Just beyond the hungry Maw lies a realm from which few return, in which men lose their bodies, minds, and souls. And yet it is also a realm of reward beyond the wildest imaginings of most of Humanity.

For the likes of Aphesius Godwinne and his crew the rewards not unimaginable, but that only makes them more desirable.

The Rubycon II system has an air of mystery, a foretaste of that which lies beyond the veil, a hint at the nature of the Expanse. A great burning orb hangs at the center, a thousand times the size of Sol and a thousand times as old. Yet it smolders more dimly, the deep red eye of a blind but hateful giant. Two great gas giants, each countless times the size of Holy Terra, share this patch of void with the sun that dwarfs them, the rocky remnants of a long dead third brother hanging accusingly between them. And beyond that, a tiny speck in comparison, lies Port Wander.

Surrounded by a swarm of voidships like flies competing for space on a corpse, the former military starport has fallen far from its clean, regimented beginnings. Though cathedral spires yet stand tall around a vast Imperial Aquila, they are surrounded by tacked-on hab complexes and vast swathes of damaged hull over which thousands of servitors methodically trample and whirr. Though positively regimented by comparison with the semi-legal asteroid complexes that dot the rest of the system, and a true beacon of civilization for those returning from the Expanse, it seems pathetic in comparison to the mighty stations of the Calixis Sector behind it.

Within Port Wander, the denizens of the Imperium's fringe mingle in a bizarre tapestry seen nowhere else in Mankind's space. Though the station is nominally under the watchful eye of Battlefleet Calixis, and the most dangerous and secretive of fringers must keep to the hidden fortresses among the asteroids, it is still a gateway to a realm beyond Imperial law, and so the half-lawless roam unchecked. Deserters, drug peddlers, disgraced noblemen, mad explorers, they all rub shoulders in the narrow corridors. It is a place of opportunity, opportunity for both great reward and terrible disaster.

Disembarking down the boarding tube and leaving the Horizon Burner behind them, the Godwinne party finds themselves near the Chamber of Gold, where the bankers and moneychangers of the station, some more reputable than others, do their work. These ornate halls stretch off to their right, well-patrolled by the station's Arbites. Ahead of them lie the various dens of vice that cater to visiting voidmen, from relatively innocent bars to pits that release a steady stream of narcotic smoke. Off to the left stretches a selection of shops, along with a few more reputable drinking houses.

Port Wander is open to you. What you'll do with that freedom is entirely in your hands.
    Rogue Trader: The Pitiless Void | OOC | IC | Dice |
    Rogue Trader: Among Silent Stars | OOC | IC | Dice |

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Among Silent Stars (IC)

"...Da, I'll haff to take you up on that amasec later, sounds like a really good story!" Jakkal chatters with a crewman as he steps off of the Horizon Burner. He knows full well that most ranking crew members on a ship wouldn't dare intermingle with lower deck crew but what the hell, he's new anyways, and the dredges and criminals that often populate the darker parts of the ship understand him better than many of the officers and pilots do.

He looks around, sliding his vest on and carrying his helmet in the crook of his arm. He licks his teeth, hoping they've stayed pointed this time, but alas, his autosanguine nanobots undo the file's work every time. He'll have to live with perfectly aligned, clean, healthy teeth. Damn.
    Jak's left his hellgun on board the Horizon Burner, hoping he won't need it, but his ripper pistol and mono-sword are tucked into his sash along with some ammunition and his basic gear-medikit, manacles, glow globe, all tucked into the pockets on the inside of his sash.
    "So, this Port Wander, eh? Drug addicts and less than legal tenants crowded into one ramshackle abode, arbites swarming anywhere someone important might want to go," Jak slides his helmet on, but leaves the visor up and the re-breather dangling about his neck, "Just like home! When do I start my corpse starch shift?"

He acts unimpressed, but Jakkal is still a bit excited whenever he sees a new place. New opportunities, new chances, new people to meet and shoot and kill and rob and put a proper fear of the Emperor into!
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2012-09-17 at 08:47 PM.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Sath stands at the back of the group for a moment, speaking to three men before dispatching them into the wider port on a fact finding task. He then steps forward to join the conversation, smoking a fine cigar. "The gateway.." He murmers with a quiet chuckle. "Such a fine place, honest and true to what it is." The Seneschal lets his gaze sweep around. "Tell me friend Jak, where would you go to find something of interest?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

"I spent entire life in frakking prison, friend Sath," Jak chuckles, a low, scraping noise that'd be more fitting for a cough, "Efferything interests. Honest, though, I'd rather affoid the Arbites. Best not to go sticking noses in trouble, eh?"

Jak looks around more, staying by the ship to wait for the good Lord Captain, "But what interests us is not importance, yes? Is Lord Captain who chooses destinies, charts course," Jak sighs happily, "Tell, friend Sath, what are the wonders of siffilization? Booze, guns, drugs? All things I could haff just as easy back home. What does this place offer?"

Jak, you are way too introspective to be a skilled murderer, you know that?

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Genadzy pulled a battered deck of cards from his pockets and rifled through it with a splat. "I know what i'm going to do. And you can't get hurt doing it. Or, well, you can, but I won't."

Soon as this conversation was over, he thought, he'd head into town, play some cards, win some money, and try and drum up a little trade.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Sath grinned, amusement showing. "Cards and drinking it is then. Taverns always buzz with rumours, so we should drum up some good trade here."

He adjusts his course accordingly, listening for the sounds of merriment that indicate a good watering hole.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

"The question remains, though. Social drinking establishment, or diffe bar?" Jakkal points out.
    He doesn't really care either way, though. Any booze is probably better than the bathtub brewed swill from his homeworld.

(Recaiden) He lives!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Godwinne
    "Last time I was here I nearly lost my eyes, a raving fool was convinced nobles eyes would allow him to see great treasure. Let's see if it proves to be just as interesting at the bar. I have no preferences, as long as we find one with work." Godwinne has a mild look of distaste on his face, he steps to the front of the group to lead them to any of the numerous bars. "Preferably something smoky, I want to drown out all of the other smells. If anyone has some suggestions let me know"
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Jakkal snaps to attention when the good Lord Captain steps out of the ship.
    "I'ffe neffer an idea, Cap'n, but I might be able to look around for some work in lower decks, merchant bars, work pits mebbe? If you don't mind less savoury work, da?"

(Recaiden) He lives!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Port Wander is capable of supplying drinking holes in great quantity.

Before the Rogue Trader and his entourage lie dozens of such establishments, ranking from the highest to the lowest in class. One, its gold-covered door guarded by two well dressed and better muscled bouncers, has a steady stream of fashionable lords and ladies entering after checks of their identification; it seems that some massive party, a gathering of the obscenely wealthy not often seen in a place like Port Wander, is taking place inside the Avitus Club.

At the far end of the hall, green smoke drifts out of the Venom Pit, guarded by a tattooed tough who glares menacingly at all those who enter. Those who enter are the seediest of the port's denizens, people with something to hide who have crawled up from the underdecks for a drink. Evenly between the two establishments lies the Voidsman's Rest, a place of modest quality that (as its name suggests) seems to cater to voidship crews and is likely populated largely by longtime veterans either heading out to or returning from the Expanse.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Sath nodded with a quiet smile. "We don't all need to keep ourselves together. A bit of dividing between these places is an excellent means to gather some good chances.

For one, I rather fancy the look of the Avitus club."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

"I might take the venom pit. Several of the Voidsman's rests best clients are people i've had cause to come to blows with before."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Jak looks over to the Venom Pit, a sly smile on his face, but remembers his life debt and his loyalty.
    "I go where commanded, Lord Captain. Though I'd prolly be able to find contact in Ffenom Pit."

(Recaiden) He lives!

14. - Top - End - #14

Godwinnie
    "I'm going to the Avitus club, I'll blend in well there." He taps his fancy hat. "Feel free to head to the Venom Pit Jak. If anyone find something interesting, send me a message. Once everyone has reported in I'll decide on what lead to chase." He begins to head towards the club.
    Last edited by Gamgee; 2012-09-25 at 01:32 AM.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Sath nods to the others in the group, padding along behind the Captain.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, Lord Captain," Jakkal nods.
    He turns to the Venom Pit and steps off with the sort of stride action vid heroes use when walking away from an explosion they just caused. In all his years in his home prison, Jak found that the thing that often scares criminals the most is a man unintimidated by them. A good way to end a low end fight was to stand there and laugh when someone hit you. Most petty crooks or unarmed attackers would run away at that point.

Of course, having a ripper pistol poking out of a holster tucked into your sash never hurt when it came to looking dangerous. God-Emperor knows nobody wants to be shot with one of those.

(Recaiden) He lives!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

The Rogue Trader's entourage divides, half of them off to the Avitus Club and half of them into the Venom Pit.

The Avitus Club:

Sath and Aphesius make their way into the line of nobles moving through the gold-plated doors a few at a time. Their appearance there causes something of a stir; though by far the best dressed out of their crew, the two are somewhat outshone by the rest of those around them. A few sport outfits that probably cost nearly as much as Aphesius's voidship. Some simply ignore the two interlopers, their noses upturned and their eyes haughty, while others stare at them with disdain and something approaching hostility. When, several minutes later, they finally reach the richly-dressed bouncer he doesn't seem any happier to see them, glowering at them over a long scroll of real parchment.

"Sirs," he says, his tone filled with menace only barely tempered by a veneer of civility, "I think you have the wrong building." But a moment later he bows low as a young woman strides out of the club, her step light and graceful, more that of a dancer than of a stodgy, inbred noble like so many of those in attendance. "There's no need to be hostile, Marcus," she says, her voice soft and regal, like the tinkling of silver bells. "Though you will not find them on the list, these two are my guests. My lords, I beg your forgiveness for this terrible impoliteness. Please, come in."

She turns slowly on the ball of one elegant foot, then strides back inside. The doorman (Marcus, apparently) immediately bows low to the pair, averting his eyes and mumbling his deepest apologies. The press of those behind the two men soon forces them through the doors and into a richly-appointed hall. Handwoven tapestries cover the walls, depicting beautiful natural scenes from a dozen paradise worlds rather than the usual grim homages to martyred saints. Servants in brightly-colored livery carry golden platters laden with exotic food and drink through the crowds of finery-bedecked movers and shakers. Real candles burn slowly in crystal chandeliers.

"Sath, my darling," says the woman who got the pair inside, rushing forward to clasp the nobleman's hands in her own white-gloved ones. She is truly, utterly beautiful in the dim glow of the candles, her proportions perfect, her gossamer gown hugging her curvaceous form in all the right ways. A mask of white porcelain, devoid of features save for eye holes, covers her face, framed by locks of hair the dark-fire color of autumn leaves. Her eyes are sky blue, and the light seems to catch in them, dancing. "I had no idea you'd be here! It's wonderful to see you again."

The nobleman can't for the life of him recall having ever met anyone like her.

The Venom Pit:

Meanwhile, Jakkal and Genadzy make their way to the seedy far end of the line of establishments, passing hollow-eyed beggars, ragged women of negotiable virtue, and menacing toughs with increasing frequency. The hulking bouncer of the Venom Pit keeps all of these well away from the bar's door, but scowls only briefly at the two voidfarers, his glare promising trouble if they cause too much ruckus. As they descend a short flight of stairs into the taproom, a wall of dizzying green smoke hits them; the whole place seems to be stewing in it, whatever it is. It's probably how it got its name. They're pretty sure they'll be fine, so long as they don't stay too long...

The Venom Pit is clearly a meeting place for people who value their privacy. In addition to the haze, which seems to muffle sound as well as visibility, every table is surrounded on three sides by ceiling-high walls, making it obvious if anyone is trying to get close enough to listen in or make trouble. In one such booth, uneasily eyed by even the clearly dangerous patrons, a Kroot sits alone, tapping its lizardlike fingers on the table. It must've been nigh impossible for the Xenos to get onto the station; its presence could easily get the place stormed by the Arbites if revealed, but no one seems to want to tangle with it.

At another booth, three scarred, short-haired women in torn Imperial Guard uniforms talk quietly among themselves. A sign on the outside of their booth reads: Seeking Transport into the Expanse. A second, smaller one below it says We'll Arm-Wrestle Anyone. Loser Buys a Round of Drinks. Most of the other booths are occupied by loud, boisterous voidmen, though one contains a portly little Ratling in the middle of devouring a heaping plate of strange-looking food. A sign on his booth reads "I Purchase Used Goods. No Questions Asked." Up at the bar, a grizzled Rogue Trader wearing a trench coat that appears to be made of Ork hide nurses a huge, foaming drink.
    Last edited by Dragonsong; 2012-09-25 at 07:03 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

The Venom Pit

Jakkal eyes the place around him with a bit of disdain mixed in with a good deal of pity, all hidden behind his visor. It wasn't too long ago that he was in a worse state, only surviving out of the kindness of someone else's heart, and he assures himself that if nobody were looking, he'd toss a few Thrones towards the beggars.

He tips his visor up slightly to the bouncer as he steps past the giant, his face expressionless, then drops it back down.

A moment later, he's glad the visor is there to hide his face, because anyone seeing the stupid grin that crosses it for a few moments would probably beat him within an inch of his life.

"So many...opportunities," he breaths, "Friend Genatsy, what do you think story is for Captain there? Or what do you think alien thing is? Neffer mind, I go find out, da?"

Jak steps up to the table the Kroot is seated at.
    "Hoi there, friend," he says in a scarily cheerful growl of a voice, "I haff neffer seen your kind before, but you look dangerous. Predadory, da? I hear nature luffs a predador. They stay in packs, make goot clan-friends, da? Can I take seat here?"

(Recaiden) He lives!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Ignorance abounded, but Sath was hardly one to be ruled by it. It would help if he knew the woman's name of course, but since he didn't...

He cordially raises one of the hands she's taken his own with to his face, kissing the back of it. "It's a great pleasure to see you, certainly. It's true indeed what they say, Port Wander is full of suprises." He smiles warmly, even as his eyes study the woman behind that civil mask. "This is one of the much more pleasent ones." He turned to indicate Godwinnie. "This is my Captain and very good friend, Rogue Trader and Lord Captain.. ah!" He puts on an artfully embarrased expression. "My apologies, but for the two of you, I'm certain you'll want to give your own introductions." His eyes sparkled with amusement and a touch of well intentioned teasing.

Spoiler
    Show
    General fellowship check! Base of 69. (1d100)[2]
    And perception check. Just in case something's up with her. Base of 35/ (1d100)[36]

20. - Top - End - #20

Goddwinne
    He swoops off his hat and bows low, his tone is that of a humbled spacer "My fair lady, I didn't expect to see anything so beautiful in this port. Your truly a shining light in the dark. As my friend was about to finish, I am Lord Captain Aphesius Godwinnie. Though you may just call me Aphesius."

Spoiler
    Show
    Fellowship test. (1d100)[60] Total 88 charm, peer nobility + my lifepath special ability + talented charm. I too will be cautious and make a perception check. Base 32 perception. (1d100)[62]
    Last edited by Gamgee; 2012-09-28 at 10:46 AM.

Exile

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

The Avitus Club:

The young lady laughs, a sound like the soft chiming of glass on glass, politely covering her masked mouth with one gloved hand. "Flatterers, the both of you. But it is my pleasure to make your acquaintance, Aphesius." Turning on the ball of her foot and gracefully rotating her exposed upper back while still somehow looking at the two noblemen, she gathers two glasses of a warm yellow beverage that fizzes gently in the crystal containers from a tray behind her, then turns back with equal grace to offer them to her guests. "Please, try the shimmerwine. Our host spared no expense in procuring it."

Taking a glass for herself, she lifts her mask with her fingertips to take a delicate sip. For a moment, some small part of the skin beneath is visible. At one time it must have been ivory perfection, like the rest of her, but a crisscrossing of jagged red lines covers her chin like some manner of uneven jigsaw puzzle. They seem deeply at odds with her lightness, like a harsh iron fetter on a windblown leaf. "I think you'll agree that this is much more pleasant than our first meeting, Sath," she murmurs, her voice taking on an edge of heartbreaking melancholy for just a moment.

"Though you did cut quite the dashing figure." Her eyes become playful again, moving fluidly out of reverie. "I take it you intend to brave the Expanse, Aphesius? You couldn't ask for cleverer help, but you'll need more than cleverness out there." At the far end of the hall, a vast orchestra of antique stringed instruments, each of them worth a small fortune, strikes up a lively tune. "What is it about the Expanse that calls you? I'd have thought that Sath had found enough excitement for one lifetime, and yet here you both are."

The Poison Pit:

"I am dangerous," the Xenos replies, its birdlike beak making the ends of its words sound oddly clipped. It's hard to tell, but it almost seems that the creature is smiling. "But so are you, I think." It motions to a vacant seat with one clawed hand, the other still tapping the tabletop. Closer now, Jakkal can tell that the creature is armed with a long rifle and a plethora of bone-handled knives strapped across a leather bandolier. Those at other tables eye the spacers anxiously; anyone willing to associate with Xenos is clearly not to be trifled with.

"So what brings you to my booth," the creature asks, slitted reptillian eyes regarding Jakkal with cold intelligence. "Simple curiosity, or something more? I have encountered few humans with open minds in my travels. Apparently I am condemned for existing by your God. Do you not fear calling his wrath by associating with his apparent enemies?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Genadzy sat in front of the Ratling. "I like a man, or man-thing, that dont ask questions. You take all sorts of used goods?"

"Let me buy you a drink, and we can discuss this more."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Sath smiles, raising the glass to his nose to inhale it, but not yet taking a sip. "There are many riches beyond the Maw my dear, I'm sure you're more aware of that then most." He chuckles at the comment about their first meeting. "Likely so, but adversery and challenge can bring their own rewards, can't they?"

He tilts his head with a warm smile. "I sense you have a suggestion for the two of us?" The network of scars on her chin doesn't escape his notice and he casts his mind back, trying to remember if he's seen that, or anything that'd explain it, in his past experiences.

Spoiler
    Show
    Int roll, and Sath also has total recall. (1d100)[4]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

The Venom Pit

"I haff neffer seen xenos before. I haff no reason to hate you, unless you align with Chaos, da?" Jakkal takes a seat, looking over the Kroot's guns with slight envy, "And I am only dangerous for Chaos. Chaos makes for bad friends, I think. Ffery bad friends. But neffer mind that, I speak to you out of curiosity, as you said. I am Jakkal, of Clan Horizon Burner. Like you said, I am dangerous. And I make ffery goot friend."

Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2012-09-29 at 01:56 PM.

(Recaiden) He lives!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

The Poison Pit:

The Ratling stares at Genadzy with beady, suspicious little eyes, sizing him up with a glance. After a moment's pause he sweeps out one hand, indicating that the voidsman should take a seat. "All sorts," he replies with a nod, his voice high and scratchy, "but I got one rule: no live cargo, savvy? Now, what can I take off your hands?" Accepting his potential client's offer of a drink, he chooses some greenish swill that smells like a drunk's piss and downs it bit by bit in a series of quick, eager sips, clearly excited by the prospect of profitable business. His hands twitch idly as he awaits an offer.

Meanwhile, the Xenos continues to study Jakkal, slitted eyes moving over him as it clicks its beak in thought. "No, I am not of the thing you call Chaos," it replies after a moment's deliberation. "Allies are sorely lacking here; I've been... informed that I am likely to be killed by your Inquisition if I am so much as seen leaving this place. Perhaps my new friend has a solution to that problem. Perhaps, if he does, I have something in return. We'll just have to see." Its stare is eerie, cold and analytical in a way no human could ever manage. Jakkal gets the feeling that it could lay hands on one of its knives and drive it home in the time it took him to sneeze.

The Avitus Club:

"You've never needed direction before in the time I've known you, Sath," the young woman replies with another light, melodious laugh. "But perhaps I do have some for you, for old times' sake. I suggest you give in, though I rather hope you don't." Her tone grows colder as she speaks, holding an edge that mars the perfection of her voice for just a fleeting moment. She composes herself, taking a deep breath that seems to move her whole body. "If you'll excuse me, gentlemen, I'll need to start this gathering. Really, Sath, you couldn't have arrived at a better time." She curtsies elegantly and moves away, lost in the crowd a moment later.

Removed from the young lady's paralyzing beauty, it's easy to detect something beneath the jubilant chords of the string orchestra. There is a thrumming, a hushed buzz of anticipation, the sense that something important is about to happen. And then, with a clang, the doormen shut the doors... and bar them with a heavy crossbar secured with magnetic combination locks. A sigh of relief runs around the room, accompanied a moment later by the rustle of fabric as the guests shed their outer garments, letting the priceless, luxurious clothing drop to the floor like garbage.

What remains beneath, for both genders, leaves little (sometimes nothing) to the imagination. The music changes, becoming bizarre, distorted. The serving platters are swapped out to bear more bizarre delicacies alongside hypodermic syringes. On the bared skin of each guest, whether atop a breast, around the navel, or on the lower back, lies a purple-pink sign: the symbol for male combined with that for female. All at once, Rogue Trader and nobleman stand out like sore thumbs among the crowd as these paragons of wealth commence a dance of utter depravity under the very nose of Imperial law...

26. - Top - End - #26

Goddwinne
    "Interesting... uh, culture out this far. I think I'll just relax into it, if you would be so kind as to take my clothing into the back room areas. I'm sure there is a safe area in the back, you can look around for it and put my stuff in a safe place. Do make sure its safe, have a good look around." With only some hesitation Goddwinne sweeps off his hat and most of his clothes barring his pants and boots. He feels more uncomfortable about lacking a gun than trying to fit in with these unusual people. Though he does keep his ear piece comlink and knife hidden in a pocket. He speaks to Sath in trader cant.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Use that as a ruse to get back there, find out whats going on. I'll stay out here and watch what happens. Message me as soon as you find anything unusual. Get Gendazy and Jakkal, we're going to need them. Tell them to stay out of sight until the **** hits the fan. No authorities until we know more about whats going on. Don't want them to get any more twitchy."

Exile

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Sath is silent a moment, thoughts running as he considers the situation with a mix of fear, anger and resigination. It seems the past has a way of following you, no matter what you do or where you go.

He speaks back in the same cant, head tilted with a bemused smile, as if it's a most delightful display and not one that makes him want to start shooting.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'll see to it. I'll engage our host and keep her busy. Don't drink or eat anything if you can avoid it."

He nods at the Captain and heads away in the same direction their host had taken, sending a discreet vox to other members of the crew as he moves.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Gendazy, Jakkal. We seem to have run into a spot of bother at the avitus club. Come and help keep an eye on things, hm? The main entrance is sealed shut, you'll need to find another way in.

Keep quiet, but bring reliable help from the pit if you can. I reckon we're going to need it.

Oh, and find a way to burn this place to the ground and trap people inside. We'll make sure to find a way out."
    Last edited by Donan; 2012-10-03 at 02:10 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

The Poison Pit

Jakkal nods enthusiastically.
    "Friends must always help friends, yes? I see what I can do, haff many ideas. We could hide you in my coat, disguise you! Or I go get the goot Lord Captain and we teleport you back! Or we piece togedder an armour suit that cuffer you up, da? Make you look like beeg, scary robot man. Nobody effer questions the beeg, scary robot man! Or perhaps we find smuggler, and he-"

Jak gets a call on his vox, and the friendly disappears from his voice in an instant, replaced with the bite you'd expect from a businessman losing his best deal yet.

"We may haff problem, friend. The goot Lord Captain and Friend Sath need me, quick-like. I haff to stop by ship on way there first, want to come with, try coat plan?" Jak looks around the bar carefully, hoping nobody is A) On a comm, possibly calling in the authorities or B) making a move towards him or Genadzy. He sends a quick, quiet message to Sath.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I was hoping for enough time to get help before I haff to bring it. Who are you fighting, are they wearing armour?"

Jak turns his attention back to the kroot.
    "It might be foolish, but you do not look all too heffy, da? If you are flexible enough, I might be able to get you in a box or my coat, make it look like I am carrying supplies out. We head to back room, nobody looking, we slip back out, take Friend Genatsy and go to ship. You wait, meet my Clan-Friends-They are goot people, you like them, da-I get beeg guns and be big damned hero, bring the goot Lord Captain back, we take you where you want to go or you come with us, efferybody happy, yes? I won't even ask name yet, let you tell when comfortable."
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2012-10-07 at 04:18 PM.

(Recaiden) He lives!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

"No live cargo. Very sensible, very smart. At the moment my holds lie shamefully empty"-as with all voidsmen, Genadzy thought of the ship as his, despite piffling matters such as ownership-"but i consider myself more in the, procurements business. Procurement and movement. Anything you're looking for, in particular?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

"No fighting yet, you have some time. Can't speak now."