New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: High School RPG: A Maid RPG Variant.

Keita's pleas are answered... he feels a warm aura surrounding him. However the lingering doubts of his own inner strength make the aparition before him to just linger around him. It/she? looks like a seraphim, tall and beautiful, semi translucidly wrapping him and Yuri with her wings, and fading in and out of existance, faint as a wisp of air. Yuri is soothed to the point she is deep asleep, leaning on the shorter boy.

Soundtrack for the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbZmR39osrs

Amaya's polite if firm appeal manages to capture the girl's attention for a
    moment, and a prompt reply is offered.

"Muramasa, I* could ask for yours but you are beneath my concern."

*Using male version of 'I'

Sakura points her blade towards Yuri, saying: "Nakatomi Yuri, youngest of the Nakatomi line, you shall be tempered by this very steel!" She strides with superhuman speed towards Yuri, holding her weapon with both hands.

Since Knox was prepared for this very thing, she is able to get in Sakura's path. What will happen now is entirely up to Knox...

Dice Time!
    Knox has to beat a DC 9 in an Athletics roll to stop Yoru. If she doesn't, things may get uglier...

The rest may act normally during the next turn, only Keita is currently holding Yuri in his arms, and they are about 3 meters from the closest window. Still up to Hemnon what Keita does.
    Last edited by Ixquian; 2012-09-26 at 05:22 PM.
    Yuri Nakatomi, club president of the Paranormal Activity Investigation Club (Maid RPG) OOC
    Anybody interested in playing Slayers d20?OOC

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground

Knox looks over to see Yuri seem to pass out as Keita objects to her orders. She suddenly barks at him "GO!" her lenses doing nothing to hold back her eyes' dangerous glow. That done, she turns her attention immediately on the girl, blinking to free her eyes of her lenses, her full glow becoming apparrent. Her sickly figure seems sturdier, her nails sharper as she claws out at the ghost, her eyes wild with murder. "YOU! DIE BEFORE YOU EVER TOUCH HER, YOU WHORE OF THE UNDEAD!"

Athletics (1d6x2)[10]
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-09-26 at 05:45 PM.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Keita finally began to move towards the window, hoping for the love of god that the drop out of it wouldn't be too far down. His breathing turns strained and uneven as he half-drags Yuri along with him, though he could still breath well enough.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Amaya felt her heart quicken as she felt Keita's breath quicken; she was not going to allow this thing from laying a hand on either of her words. Damn it and it's millennial old power; even if it was powerful, she doubted that Yoru's chakras could channel its power probably. Betting on this flaw, Amaya empowered a sutra strip, causing it to glow a soft lavender; before launching it at Muramasa's exposed rear, hoping that it's attack and Knox's intervention would suffice as a distraction.

With any luck her sutra might be capable of disrupting Yoru's connection with the sword or it's ability to manifest through her. Given it's age she doubted it would suffice to sever the connection; but perhaps it might suffice to weaken or paralyze the eldritch spirit. "What qualm do you have with the nakatomi clan Muramasa-sama?" she inquired as she readied her next implement.

Spoiler
    Show

Skill Attack (paralysis): (1d6)[2]x3=6
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-09-26 at 09:16 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Opposed athletics check to avoid the sutra (1d6)[5]x1
    Yuri Nakatomi, club president of the Paranormal Activity Investigation Club (Maid RPG) OOC

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

Motivated by Knox's fierce order, Keita moves towards the window. Yuri doesn't feel as heavy... even if the size difference makes it hard for Keita to keep her in his arms. As he approaches the window, the walls covered with bookcases up and down and in all direction. He can see the moon for a second. It's full. The angelic figure following him becomes visible for a moment, and whispers towards the glass, making it shatter on the spot. Keita has a clear path to the outside. The floor it's warped enough so he doesn't have to lift up Yuri to go over the window. Keita and an unconscious Yuri land safely on the bushes outside, only to find something else is there already. There's a lump, a soft lump on the ground under the bushes.

Knox faces Sakura head on, her nails sharp as claws. Sakura lunges at Knox with the blade's point forward but in a few swipes Sakura backs off, her fragile teenage arms easily bruised. Sakura's eyes lose the creepy bright red tinge for a second, only to return moment later. She readies her sword once more, to break through Knox's barrier.

This is when Amaya's sutra hits Sakura's back... making her whole body lie limp, collapse into her knees. Her grip on the katana eases, and her eyes closes she touches the sides of her head, her voice a whisper. "Wha.... what's happening?"

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

As Yoru stops charging at her intervention, as her rage gives way, so too does Knox's, the glowing red of her eyes being reduced to a dim as she realises Yuri is now out of her reach. She breathes sharply in fear, her eyes widening as if all the stress she should have been feeling suddenly befell her and she's left innocent and demure as ever, flinching away as Yoru's killing intent returns. She screams before she suddenly drops, done in by Amaya's attack. Her chest falling and rising in deep pants, she surveys the girl, looking from Amaya to Yoru. She looks around at where Yuri fled, seeming to calm a little. "H-how did I even..." She eyes the fallen sword. "Amaya? Sh-should we take her with us?"

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Amaya placed a hand over her chest, and released a sigh of relief as the girl fell; muttering a short prayer in gratitude to Tsukuyomi, "Yes Knox; ensure she does not touch the sword again," she replied before grabbing a broom, and nudging the sword a relatively safe distance from their client.

With that done, she turned to Yoru, "Hopefully thyne salvation; it seems that we managed to prevent thee from being used as a tool to commit a great tragedy. For now, stay away from the blade no matter what; and remain with Knox, this sin't over yet," she explained to Yoru, before kneeling before the cursed blade and began wrapping the sword with sutras from her bag without touching the sword directly.

With this she hopped to make the blade safe to transport by hopefully suppressing it's power, and preventing it by from influencing individuals who grabbed it. In her current state she doubted she had the power to seal the blade herself, let alone destroy it, she'd need to contact Sakuya or Yuri soon in order to organize something fast. When dealing with magic as old as Muramasa one could never be too safe; granted, they were fortunate the blade had fallen into Yoru's hands and not a sword saint or similar individual.

Though with a blade like Muramasa one could never be too safe; granted, they were fortunate the blade had fallen into Yoru's hands and not a sword saint or similar individual. "Where did you come upon this blade Yoru-san?" she inquired curiously during her labor.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-09-27 at 02:03 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Skill check in case it's needed: (1d6)[2]x3=6
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-09-27 at 02:19 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground

Her chest falling and rising in deep pants, she surveys the girl, looking from Amaya to Yoru. She looks around at where Yuri fled, seeming to calm a little. "H-how did I even..." She eyes the fallen sword. "Amaya? Sh-should we take her with us?"
    The girl... looks pale... her blood flowling slowly. Turning to the place where Keita took Yuri, Knox can see the warped path ending in the broken window, the full moon shining through. Her body eases a little, taking in the events going on around her. The sword sits still, some ways away from everyone's reach as per Amaya's nudge.

Sakura's breathing is labored, and her eyes wander around, barely aware of her environs. When Knox asks, she looks her way and says. "Who are you?"

"Hopefully thyne salvation; it seems that we managed to prevent thee from being used as a tool to commit a great tragedy. For now, stay away from the blade no matter what; and remain with Knox, this sin't over yet," she explained to Yoru, before kneeling before the cursed blade and began wrapping the sword with sutras from her bag without touching the sword directly.
    Sakura doesn't seem to understand what she's being told, but she does turn towards Knox with a glazed look in her eyes.

The sword itself does not seem to react to the Sutras, but they do wrap around it as they should.

Though with a blade like Muramasa one could never be too safe; granted, they were fortunate the blade had fallen into Yoru's hands and not a sword saint or similar individual. "Where did you come upon this blade Yoru-san?" she inquired curiously during her labor.
    "I... I found it... in the library storage room. After you left... since you started asking around I was curious... I doubted what I had seen... and then I saw the sword. Never had seen it before. I thought if I took a closer look I could see if it was real or just a toy..."

Meanwhile, with Keita and Yuri

Keita hears a low sigh. Someone beside him and Yuri just drew breath close to them.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Keita was just about to begin dragging Yuri away when he head the 3rd breathing, so he turned his head in the direction while slowly backing away from whatever should await his eyes.

''Knox... Amaya-sempai... Help...'' He stuttered, fear edging at the corners of his mind and his breathing still uneasy.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #312
    Dwarf in the Playground

In the bushes, a humanoid figure stands up. It's not very tall, just a little taller than Keita... "Who are you?" A meek, familiar voice says. Does Keita dare look?

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Keita looks, his whole body is shuttering with waves of fear, blocked only by mental strength.

''Hello... W-W-Who is i-it?'' He stutters in reply.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I- don't know?"

A couple steps forward, and the moonlight grazes the girl's charred skin... it's that girl, from earlier today, what was her name again? Akira? She looks at Keita, completely disoriented.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

Knox is taken aback as she isn't recognised. "Someone you should be lucky already ate," she responds, not quite over the fact she was trying to kill Yuri moments ago, possession or no. "Amaya... what is that sword? Yumi said i was a youkai like you, so are we safe? If Yuri safe?" she asks, edging towards the window, hoping the clutz knew what he was doing

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Fear not Yoru-an all is well for now," she replies absent mindedly as she finishes binding the blade.The lack of a reaction bothers Amaya, having expected it to contest her attempt some how; yet unsure what to make of it. She studies the kekkai on her way too pick up Muramasa's sheathe in order to properly put it away; wondering why the field was still up even though the blade no longer was channeling it's power.

Spoiler
    Show

Skill check to analyze:(1d6)[2]x3=
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sakura struggles to get on her feet, her face drained of blood, her expression empty. While the words themselves aren't clear in Sakura's mind, Knox's attitude and demeanor towards her is plain as day, so she moves out of her way when she addresses Amaya.

"Amaya... what is that sword? Yumi said i was a youkai like you, so are we safe? If Yuri safe?"
    "Fear not, all is well for now," The sutras pile on the sword, and the sword has yet to move or have any other reaction. Still the kekkai is unaltered, the warped out state of their environs remains. The immediate conclusion to draw is that one is still within the kekkai, and if the blade did not generate it then what did?

As Amaya approaches the sheath, it disspoves, flattening into the blackest shape, a shape that quickly snakes through the wooden floor towards the sutra covered sword...

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

Knox, thinking fast, takes the scarf wrapped around her waist and uses it to lasso the cursed sword; having snagged it, she tosses it as far away as her girly figure permits, deciding no good can come of it joining with the shape. "Let's leave, now," she decides, apparently abandonning that scarf where she'd tossed it with the blade, as she reaches down to drag Yoru away while they still could. "Come, we'll deal with this later and I'll try to ignore what your mouth said to Yuri, okay?"

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dice roll time!

Trace, please roll athletics or luck, whichever's higher against a DC 7 to decide if Knox is sucessful keeping the sword and sheath reuniting.

Hemnon... reply to Keita's part.

Regalus, Amaya can act freely or reserve the turn until Trace rolls.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Amaya frowned, "We must have chat regarding this little thing known as discretion; we believe it is in thyne best interest to become well acquainted with one another," she added with a disapproving shake of her head before gasping in surprise when the sheathe took to life. She had started to think there was a third party involved here; in all her years she had never witnesses a sheathe of all things being a source of malevolence, assuming it even was a sheathe in truth.

"Yoru-San stay away from that thing and the sword!"Acting on impulse she drew several sutras and launched them at the swift sheathe; hoping her sites would stun or paralyze it; or maybe surpress it if all went well. Sadly her expectations this night seemed to be the first things to fall.

Spoiler
    Show

Skill check: (1d6)[1]x3=3

Well....crap, that roll could've been better. :/
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-09-28 at 07:19 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You could jsut roll these things for me, you know, if I forget to myself. It's a ltite tedius. Also, did you guys know you could imply the multiplication? Like this...

Luck (1d6x2)[6]

22. - Top - End - #322
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Trace: Understood, I will do that.

As Knox's impromptu rope misses the sword and the sheath reunites with the blade. The blade floats several meters up the ground a powerful aura envelops it. The world around you gets more and more warped... the window Keita escaped from moves up to the ceiling, and the moonlight coming from it illuminates the blade. The walls move miles away from you and the floor starts crumbling, pieces of wood falling into a pitch black abyss below.

The blade floats above you, emanating the same red aura as before. You are within the kekkai, within foreign domain... and whoever is its master, it seems set on destroying you...

"What are we going to do now?!" Sakura pleads, tugging Knox's cuff.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Outside, Keita's heart is still pounding in his chest. ''.... Is that you, Akira-chan?'' he causiously whispered.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I don't know... maybe? The name sounds familiar. Who are you and who is that girl you're holding?" The girl steps forward looking at Keita with curiosity.

The seraphim protecting Keita remains silent for now, still on guard.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Amaya felt her heart sink as the sheathe and blade reunited; wasting no time she rushed over to Yoru's side and taking up a defensive stance between her and the sheathe, reading the prayer beads on her wrist as she desperately tried formulating a plan.

Spoiler
    Show

Skill check to see if the kekkai has spatially locked the area, or has anything to deter creatures from crossing through it.(1d6x3)[18]

What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

The platform you're standing on gets smaller and smaller... Sakura hangs on to the closest person, crying silently, too scared to say anything.

Amaya:

The kekkai seems unbreakable, there is not a single space she can slip out from. However her focus does bring one further realization... Keita and Yuri are within the kekkai as well. Your platform is now reduced to 10 square feet or so, you've got to do something, quick.

Knox:

Looking at the changes about you you see something that the others just can't ... an image. A proud, selfish man, decked in full armor... the sword's true self? An image that reminds her of those who left her behind and took her from Yuri, all those years ago... It's a spirit, but its eyes are as clear as day... perhaps... she could make contact?

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, it's about time we see Knox and Amaya at their full potential, let's do this!

27. - Top - End - #327
    Dwarf in the Playground

And then you hear it... the sound of wood splintering... and the groans, the horrifying groans and growls... the abyss before you does have a bottom. And whatever may be waiting for you down there should you fall, it won't be nice. If you survive the fall, naturally.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ettin in the Playground

Yuri... this thing wants to kill Yuri... Knox holds out her hand, pointing it up towards the sword, palm outstretched, her eyes' glow pushing back the swirling dimension's shadows. That man wants to kill Yuri. She drops her carf as her expression turns to one of pure hate, scowling up at the sword, yet her eyes leering at it as if the blade were level with her. "Come," she orders the blade towards herself, the spirit within, her own soul slipping away into some dark corner. She wills the twisted space to deliver the man's soul to her grasp, her eyes commanding obedience from even the most primal spirit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Use World for Two to suck the sword into Knox's Domain

Deploying theme music of Evil Knox's world
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_7414m54bE

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

The world swirls around Knox, into a dimension she only knows.

The samurai spirit that floated by the sword becomes solid, and it lands in front of her, visibly out of sorts.

He looks around, disveileving. "What is this!?" He says in a rough, heavy voice.

"Red-eyed demon, you are stronger than I expected. Trying to trap me into a kekkai?"

The samurai holds his sheath with his left hand, and something clicks.

"We shall see about that!" In a swift motion he grabs the sword and unsheathes, holding it up his head, he dashes towards Knox... "Have at you!"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: The roll to enter the world for two was automatic since this is a spirit, not a person. Knox's move now.

Meanwhile... outside, Amaya & Sakura

Knox is holding on to the sword, the purple aura emanating from it at its full strength. Knox's eyes are like twin rubies shining in the darkness. The platform disappears below Knox's feet, and she still floats, holding on to the sword. There's but a few strips of wood that haven't fallen into the abyss... Sakura presses close to Amaya, space growing scarce. In the next few seconds the platform will be gone. "What are we going to do? We're going to..."
    Last edited by Ixquian; 2012-10-02 at 07:39 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler
    Show

This part is meant to go before Trace's last post.

Amaya gritted her teeth, "Knox we must act with haste, it's kekkai is expanding and our wards are still trapped within. Moreover, we don't believe will be able to pierce the field swiftly enough; we'll have to force it to release us," she explained during her best to keep her cool as she loosened the prayer beads around her wrists. Having Yoru nearby complicated things; her sutras were having little to no true effect on it, and she doubted that Muramasa would give her the time necessary to complete an incantation let alone a ritual. It seemed that fortune had turned their back on them.

She grimaced at the thought of having to utilize more of her power; in her weakened state she was unsure how she'd fare against Muramasa, let alone how her power might ravage Yoru. However, illness could be treated; death not so much. So it was with a heavy heart that she prepared herself to undo her own seals; oblivious to the transformation going on right beside her. At the very least, she'd need her wings for this; nay she'd have to assume her old form in order to have the power necessary to guard both her current companions and still have hope to attack. Things seemed truly grim.

However just as she was about to break the seal she noticed a sudden change in the air around them; the scent of blood-lust surrounding them, one of righteous fury rather than Muramasa's malevolent desire.. She turned to her side in time to witness Knox's transformed state lunge towards the sword before she could stop her.

Amaya didn't know what Knox had done, it was certainly not magic of this she was sure, yet she knew Knox had halted Muramasa some how; she could feel it's magical aura shift. Whatever Knox had done, it had saved her from falling; and forced Muramasa to give her its full undivided attention, giving Amaya the chance she needed.

As the floor was give way, Amaya turned towards Yoru reaching out to embrace her from behind,"Yoru-san, close thyne eyes and hold thyne breath!" she commanded, not having much time to explain as a thick lavender fog enveloped the two even as a pair of black wings embraced Yoru-san turning her world into silent darkness for a moment; only the sound of rushing wind and bone chilling air filling her senses. If she were to refuse Amaya's warning, the acrid piercing scent would no doubt send her into a sudden coughing fit; while her eyes would water, burn and sting from the exposure. It would cease after a few moments, but would not be a pleasant experience nonetheless. Of course, she might have the fortitude necessary to resist such a short exposure, then again a demon's miasma was not to be trifled with.

A moment later darkness cleared and the pair found themselves falling a few feet unto a patch of bushes; only a single black feather, gently drifting through the air, denoting their unconventional arrival. They were still within the kekkai, and by no means safe; but they'd escaped immediate danger for now. Amaya stood up out of the grass patch; helping Yoru up, and advising her should she have not taken her warning.

She scopes out the area for a moment, and upon spotting Keita rushes over with Yoru san; delighted by Akira's appearance. She considered that with her aid she might have the edge she needed in order to best the cursed blade while it was distracted; but remembering her sensitivity she soon realized the lass would lack the fortitude and control necessary to be of aid. It seemed she was still on her own for the time being.

"Keita-Kun!" she exclaimed at her arrival, "It gladden's us to see thee well. We have little time to explain, run far with Yoru and Yuri. Preferably head towards Yuri-sans home if possible," she explained urgency clear in her voice, before pulling out a note from her bag and scribbling a Sakuya's number down. "When you have gone as far as possible, or believe to be safe, call this number until someone picks up and tell what has transpired and to bring aid. It's of utmost importance that this is done, dost thou understand?" she asked as she stared at the boy intently
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-10-02 at 11:11 AM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show