New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: High School RPG: A Maid RPG Variant.

She walked to the front of the class and cleared her throat.

"Hello. My name is Akira Takeda." Why in the world was she nervous at a time like this? She shook it off and continued her speech. "My hobbies include cooking, reading, science and knitting. I originally come from Okinawa, but commuting to my old school would have taken too long for me to gain anything from it, so I decided to move here."

What else should she mention? Was it proper protocol to mention obvious flaws, like a skin condition? She supposed it was probably better to expose the elephant in the room, so to speak, though she hadn't thought of a good excuse for it yet. "I had an accident with some chemistry equipment at my old school. I'm better, for the most part, but I realize I have some pretty severe scarring; feel free to stare if you wish, I won't be offended."

That went pretty well, she thought to herself. She bowed her head and began to walk back to her desk, feeling triumphant...

...until she realized her skirt was caught on someone else's desk. She careened to the ground with a loud curse, smacking her face against some indiscernible thing for the second time that day. Blood dribbled down her face.
    Last edited by Nagato434; 2012-07-22 at 01:12 AM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

At the sight of Takeda falling, Knox's hand tightens into a fist, her nails digging into her calm in frustration as she sees the perfectly good, tasty blood being wasted like that. She hadn't drank anything for days, and it was all she could do to not jump the poor girl then and there. Her mouth drooling, she tears her eyes from the sight, staring hard at Yuri. You can't she's here, she'd see you, she'd be so disappointed... but I'm so hungry... maybe just a little - NO! She squirms, silently fighting herself as she feels herself edging off of her chair. I'll just go help her - no, you idiot, you know what will happen, just stay away... but if I maybe just drank the blood that's been spilled - don't you dare, you know you won't stop, not when you've got her taste. Sh-she, Yuri isn't looking we could just... She suddenly reaches out, grabbing Yuri's hand in her own, pulling some of her scarf away, yelping as her skin slightly burns in the window's sunlight. "Please..." she begs. "Please, watch me... to make sure I don't do something stupid..." No matter how oblivious she is, even Yuri should not fail to notice the addiction-like desperation in Knox's eyes, the desperate, pathetic pleading in her voice as her freed mouth drools to the point of nearly frothing. "Please..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Not intended as a supernatural suggestion, just a plea
    Last edited by Princess Tracy; 2012-07-22 at 06:02 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC, Nagato:

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, we could do a bit if you're game. If you bring Leah any closer to Knox while she's bleeding, she'll probably lose control of herself and lick the wound, and if not stopped by the club members or her own inner strength that only comes out around Yuri, bite you. Either way, if she has even a drop of your blood, she'll become incredibly fascinated by you and behave around the prospect of drinking more of your blood like the Trix rabbit does around the cereal of the same name - i.e. going to ludicrous extents to somehow trick the blood right out from you. Either way, I would recommend not letting her drain your blood directly - even Knox isn't sure what will happen, given the species barrier, though you probably won't turn into a vampire on the spot. But if you're game for some intensive character interaction, go ahead and give Knox an excuse to drink even a drop of your blood - you'll have her as an odd friend of sorts if nothing else.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Sure, that's fine. I wasn't intending for it to go there, but yeah.

Leah stumbled to her feet, then fell down again, grabbing hold of the nearest desk she could find. Her ankle throbbed with every move she made. "Agh, I can't get to my feet. Can someone help me up and walk me to the nurse?"

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Knox-kun? Are you ok?" She pats Knox's shoulder trying to calm her... But after it's patently evident Akira can't stand up on her own, Yuri decides to take matters into her own hands.

Yuri stands from her seat and says loudly "I will take you to the infirmary, Akira-chan!" Reaching out for the blind girl, she gives her her hand, thinking that she may just be hurt and would need someone to hold on to. "..after all a club president should take care of her club members!"

The girls exit the classroom, unaware of the fate they just averted. "So, Akira-chan... what happened back there? Have you lost your glasses? Or is your eyesight really that bad?"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Sorry, this game isn't turning into Shiki. Not on my watch. OOC2: Oh, failed to read Knox's post before... my apologies... editing my post once more.
    Last edited by Ixquian; 2012-07-22 at 02:00 PM.
    Yuri Nakatomi, club president of the Paranormal Activity Investigation Club (Maid RPG) OOC
    Anybody interested in playing Slayers d20?OOC

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

As Yuri leaves, Knox finds herself aching for that sweet, red... She can't help herself - as the door closes behind them, she pounces into a sneaking position, exploiting the momentary confusion to stealth her way across teh classroom to teh small pool of blood taht remained. It's there, it's still wet, still warm. It would be a waste to just leave it... Her inhibitions of not disappointing Yuri gone, her tongue rolling, she makes a final pounce for the blood, intending to lap it up before anyone in the class knows any better...

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As Knox crouched, her goal just a single hairs breath away, she felt a single hand gently place itself on and grab hold of her shoulder; with it an almost suffocating pressure laying upon Knox's body, as if someone had just strapped weights to her body. "Knox-san," sang a voice from behind, the ominous melody would seem cheerful to all others but Knox; causing the hairs on the back of a normal person's neck to stand.

Were Knox to turn she would be welcomed by Amaya's smiling visage. "I am worried for Takeda-san as well,but Yuri-chan is already seeing to her. So, it would be best to return thyne seats and allow sensei to commence todays lesson; with haste preferably," suggested Amaya courtly with a smile. To all others it would seem like just a normal conversation between acquiantences, but to Knox it would seem slightly different; Amaya's presence far more imposing as the room seemed to darken and chill around her, sounds fading away except for her melodious voice as a ominous as funeral bells in the night , and her cheerful visage taking on a far more sinister edge.

Silence hanging for a moment before jerking her head slightly to the side and smiling, the doom and gloom vanishing like fairy snuff, the room returning to normal. "We can check on them after class alright?" she offered with cheerfully with a smile, as if nothing odd had transpired between the two just then.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-07-22 at 07:20 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Knox recoils from Amaya's touch, struggling weakly for just a drop of that precious blood, even despite of any possible witnesses her delay may have brought. In fact, as she is restrained from that sweet red, a ferocious instinct crosses her mind in that momentary bloodlust to turn around and bite whatever sort of fool kept her from the meal she craved for, ached for - an all encompasing hunger no mortal could understand. Looking up at Amaya though, such thoughts leave her; that presence puts her off balance, her hunger seeming to melt as she meets that supernatural gaze and that hollow smile. She nods to what is said absently, her mind a bit of a jumbled mess as it tries to realign itself from her breach of 'humanity'. "Who are you?" she asks in not quite a whisper, her first coherent thought being one of suspicion. Her upper fangs seem a little sharper, pointing clearly from her mouth for a moment before she remembers to purse her lips again. Is she... like me? "I was just..." ...hungry. Upon being released, she finds her hunger utterly gone and, shaking herself physically to in some way knock her thoughts free, is aware of the eyes on her again. She hurries back to her desk, making a note to keep an eye on her. She asked to see me after class, right? That's what she meant, right? I don't think I have a choice. She's a lot stronger than me, I can tell. She reties her scarf, utterly concealing her face and trying to keep her eyes forward.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Your sempai," she replied cheerfully as she stared at Knox, watching her fumble her words before seeing the poor girl rush off to her seat. Amaya then followed suit, casually taking her seat without a another word.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-07-22 at 08:34 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Sorry. My glasses broke about a month ago, and I have to wait until I can afford a new pair." Leah guessed that excuse was good enough. "And sometimes I forget to watch where I'm going. This actually isn't at all unusual."

The worst thing about it was knowing how sufficient that excuse would have been had her magic not failed within minutes of walking into that school; she had spells to help her overcome every obstacle of being blind, from reading spells to object-sensing spells. She'd have to tell the truth if she kept falling over herself all the time, particularly if Yuri noticed it.

What was causing this?

OOC to Amaya:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Leah's magic is somewhat like a radio wave - it reacts to the energies of those around her, often causing the equivalent of static and interference. It's pretty safe to assume that the supernatural nature of all the club members is causing it, but Amaya is the only one Leah's noticed. Is there a way that Leah and Amaya could have a conversation about this?
    Last edited by Nagato434; 2012-07-22 at 10:25 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nagato434 View Post
    "Sorry. My glasses broke about a month ago, and I have to wait until I can afford a new pair." Leah guessed that excuse was good enough. "And sometimes I forget to watch where I'm going. This actually isn't at all unusual."
    "Understood. Still, Akira-chan, if I or any of the club members can help you, please don't keep it to yourself, just ask ok?. My big sister Yumi always says that asking for help is not always a sign of weakness but never asking for help always is... Or something like that, I don't remember the exact quote hehe. What I'm trying to say is we're not just a club, we can be friends too, right? Oh, we're at the infirmary already!"

The blue haired girl knocks on the door and helps Leah into the nurse's office. She was odd. Not only because of her tendency to ramble on or her sudden bursts of emotion but that unlike the rest of the club members, Leah did not sense anything special about her. Save for a minuscule spike when she mentioned her older sister there wasn't anything supernaturally remarkable about her.

In that case why was she the the club president at all?
    Last edited by Ixquian; 2012-07-24 at 08:55 AM.
    Yuri Nakatomi, club president of the Paranormal Activity Investigation Club (Maid RPG) OOC

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

At the nurse's office, Yuri and Akira found Keita there as well, breathing through an oxygen mask in a slow and steady rhythm.

Keita Gave them both a timid wave and a roll with the eyes.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

She stumbled over to the infirmary bed, glad that her magic was starting to work now that she was out of the classroom.

"It's... nice to hear that, Yuri-san." She hadn't heard that in a while. Her social life pretty much ended after the accident. She withdrew from others, partially of her own volition and partially because she didn't trust anyone enough to risk it. "I appreciate that."

She thought she felt a flicker of something coming from the classroom - energy muffled by something else, something she couldn't distinguish. What was happening in that classroom, anyway? And for that matter, why WAS Yuri the club president? Leah was too exhausted to come to any conclusions on the matter, so she thought she'd ask the person herself. "Yuri-san, if you don't mind me asking... why are you the president of the Occult Club?"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

That was a surprising question, a question Yuri certainly wasn't prepared for "Well, last year I tried to form the club but there just weren't enough people to keep it open. This year we got many more new people, like Keita and Kobayashi-san. There was a vote, and they picked me..." Her voice had gone down a few ticks down from her usual hyper self, revealing just a hint of her former shyness. But then her eyes lit up and she smiled again. "I got picked up between all of our great club members to be their leader. That's why I've got to give the Paranormal Activity Investigation Club my 200%!"

When Yuri notices Keita she tries to humorously encourage her underclassman and club member, giving him a friendly thumbs up. "Hang in there, Kei-tan!"

Spoiler
    Show
    That was what Yuri sees IC about why she's the president. OOC reasons may include: Being a magnet for the occult, the whole unawakened offspring monster hunter clan, or something else entirely. There hasn't been much evidence of either.

Given the option I like the 'Unawakened monster hunter' one. Basically if she realizes there are true paranormal things in the world, she *may* become a ruthless monster killer, screwing up with the current peace between hunters and the rest.
    Last edited by Ixquian; 2012-07-24 at 06:13 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Keita just gave Yuri a thumps-up and kept breathing in and out, letting the filtered oxygen fill his lungs and exit his lungs in slow and only a hint of exaustion.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

Later that day...

Knox bulls her way through the first period, whatever one wishes to call it, trying to draw as little attention to herself as possible despite her appearance and newness. Quivering silently and lost in thought, she ponders, waiting out until her beloved returns. Eventually, finally, a bell rings and class gives out. She dashes straight for the doorway, there to seek out Yuri, feeling completely lost and for good reason; she has no idea what to do here. Technically speaking, her education is less than most grade school students - at least in the ways of the 'local' education system. I'm just glad to not feel as hungry - DAMN, why'd I have to think of it, now I'm hungry again... And the thought of feeding reminds her of Amaya. She turns in the doorway, stopping to look back for her. I wonder if she wanted something from me, she wonders, a little suspicious and a little intimidated. Something about her, for some reason, was just putting her on edge all of a sudden.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Later after class (and the nurse visit).

Right after the lunch bell rang keita 'hurried' to the club room to eat his homemade lunch, just like he always did.

Inside the club room, Keita was sitting beside an open window, Dreamy eyes on the trees and flowers outside, slowly eating his food.

I wonder if Amaya-senpai will come. At that thought, his cheeks turned slightly pink and he quickly shook the thought away and returned his attention to the gentle breeze through the open window and the nice scenery outside.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2012-07-24 at 08:09 PM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

(After Class)

Leah knew her circumstances weren't going to change unless she did something about them.

Amaya was the one who was probably interfering with her radar; she didn't know how or why, and she wasn't sure it was worth exposing herself for the sake of finding out.

But then again, what would happen if she did?

At worst she'd sound crazy, maybe even a little unhinged; but she was sure Amaya knew what was going on, and she had no intention of letting that continue. She wasn't going to be left in the dark again - not when her freedom depended on her knowing when and where to react.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Amaya absent-mindedly worked through the class; her mind meditating upon recent events. This surely was one of the most lively days she'd had in quite sometime.

Once class was over, she happily picked up her things before waving at Knox by the door; the lass' hurried escape attempt not having passed her notice. The ancient ayakashi merrily made her towards the other girl, a pleasant smile on her face. "Most excellent, thank thee for awaiting us Knox-san. When we saw thee start, we had begun to fear that thou had forgotten us in thyne haste," she joyfully explained casually as she finished her approach, "Now then, as promised, we shall accompany thee now," she started as she awaited Knox's reactions. "Oh, and may we lead the way? We know of a path that shall allow both of us to by pass the lunch rush, and arrive in time to meet the others for lunch," innocently requested Amaya as the rest of the class began making its way out.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-07-24 at 09:58 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Knox silently sizes Amaya up before nodding. I can't think of any better thing to do. When she touched me, she seemed pretty powerful - it would be best to just go along with what she says... She follows whatever path Amaya makes

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Amaya smiles in turn, before stepping out of the class room and comencing her trek; attempting to strike something akin to small talk as the pair made their way through the droves of hungry students, making their ways through staircases and smaller hall ways. As time passed Amaya seemed to quiet down even as the fewer and fewer students crossed their path, until in time it seemed as if they were the only pair walking down the hall way; the sounds of their foot steps echoing down the corridor of empty rooms now that student and teacher alike had gone to lunch. The poor Knox no doubt having little idea where the pair where exactly given her inexperience with the school.

After what may have seen like a small eternity Amaya finally spoke, her sixth sense ensuring her that there were no unwanted listeners nearby. "Knox-san? " she began in her usual pleasant tone. " How long has it been since thou sated thyne Hunger?" she ask casually without turning around, as if she had just ask about the weather or some such thing.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-07-26 at 10:09 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Leah crouched down behind the nearest wall when she saw Amaya stop.

To be quite honest she probably didn't need to be following Amaya around anyway. Doing so was probably illegal in most areas, and rightfully so; but her sudden blindness (hah-hah) was more disconcerting than it had any right to be. She needed to get closer to Amaya to figure out whether she was the cause or not.

And she needed to wait until Amaya stopped talking to Knox.

She knew who it was immediately. Knox's aura felt strange and bitter, cold where other peoples' auras were warm; it felt, to be quite blunt, like the aura of a freshly-dead corpse, still active but without any of the energy or heat of a living aura.

Leah shook herself out of her reverie and continued to listen. She wasn't there to solve any mysteries.

"Knox-san?" Amaya's voice sounded as sweet as it usually did. Leah found it a little creepy. "How long has it been since thou sated thyne Hunger?"

The way Amaya phrased that sentence felt odd to her, somehow; she didn't ask how long it had been since Knox had eaten. Did Knox eat human food, or was she feeding on something else? Better yet, why did Knox wear so many layers of clothing when it was probably against the dress code to do so? What about her aura? None of it added up to the explanations she wanted to believe in.

Was Knox a vampire?

Vampirism? Really? That's all you got?

I'd like to see you do better, she snapped back. It occurred to her that having an argument with herself was probably the first sign of insanity. Though the fact that this was my first rational explanation speaks volumes about our life, doesn't it?

Be more creative! She could be a lich, or a golem. Maybe some kind of sentient zombie warrior coming to destroy the world!

I'm over here freaking out about being attacked by some rogue vampire... and you're telling me I have to worry about sentient zombies? Really? She almost groaned. Please, just shut up. You're being stupid.

Well, I think it's a bit unfair that you're automatically blaming Amaya for our vision problems. It could very well be that little one over there. Could be a psychic vampire, right?

Voice had a point. What could she say? Well, what am I supposed to do?

Go over there!

She struggled to her feet and walked over to where the two of them were standing, too late to go back and figure out something to say. She decided to go with the most obvious sentence she could think of and hope for the best. "I think we need to talk."
    Last edited by Nagato434; 2012-07-27 at 02:57 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Knox fidgets as they draw to a close, not sure what to make of her situation. Then her question comes. Yeah, she knows alright, how could she not. Stupid, stupid girl, you're a disgrace to the MacDonald name - you can't even fool one person of your nature. But there is something odd about Amaya, maybe fooling her would have been impossible. "I don't know," she finds herself saying at last. "Perhaps a... week? I've been walking nonstop for months, time is hard to keep track of, and I spent the last few days trying to infiltrate the school, so I've been paying little mind to my food. I... I didn't realise how bad it had gotten until she..." As Leah steps from the shadows, declaring a need to talk, Knox's eyes drill into the floor in shame. I may not have her taste, but i have her scent - so sweet. I have to do something about this thirst, and quick, or else... "I'm sorry for back there," Knox remarks, careless of any secrecy. "If it wasn't for Amaya, you would already be..."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

That confirmed it. Leah shook her head and sighed.

"We can't control our natures, Knox-san. Believe me, I've tried." Her blindness definitely wasn't Knox's doing - Leah couldn't sense Knox's location any more than she could sense the wall beside her. "I'm not going to tell anyone, so you don't have to worry."

She turned in Amaya's direction, her mouth twisted into an angry grimace. "Whatever you're doing, Amaya-san, I don't find it amusing. Do you think this is some sort of game?" Her voice came out more sharply than she wanted it to. "I may be blind, but I'm not weak, and I'm most certainly not about to just sit here and take it while you debilitate me with whatever you're doing. Knock it off."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Sparks emanated from Leah's body at that moment, surrounding her with some kind of crude protective barrier. She squeaked and backed away from the two of them.

"Wh-what's going on?" The sparks hissed at Amaya with a kind of threatening ferocity that Leah didn't know her magic had. She gathered what little will she had that wasn't colored with fear and directed it towards the sparks emanating from her body. "I command you to stop!"

The magic didn't respond at first, merely crackled; then it faded, until the last of them had completely disappeared. She collapsed onto the floor, both relieved and exhausted. "That wasn't - I wasn't trying to... it hasn't happened in so long..."
    Last edited by Nagato434; 2012-07-27 at 06:46 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Knox backs up, her eyes widening at the sparks, her eyes going to cover her eyes from the brightness. "Wh-what?" She had not witnessed magic in any form before. When it was over and Leah fell, she stood stunned for a moment. "Some kind of electrical activity, perhaps? ...I guess I'm not the only strange one here after all." She looks so weak right now, so vulnerable... ah, no, bad thoughts. You'll find something to eat soon enough, but not her, not a member of Yuri's club no matter how sweet they smell....

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Knox-san, I don't know you that well, but it's obviously been a while since you've fed, and I don't want to risk you going into a blood-rage the next time someone skins their knee in front of you." Did she sound pretentious? She probably did, but it was far too late to care. "I'm willing to feed you, on three conditions."

She approached Knox and smiled at her, hoping to God it didn't look contrived. "One, you will resist biting anyone, including me. I do not want to become a vampire, and I would prefer it if no one else did, either. Understand?" She paused, hoping that last bit would sink in. "I will have to stop feeding you if you feed on someone else, and I won't be able to feed you if I'm dead or have turned into a vampire.

"Two," she continued, "I want you to find some equipment that isn't going to give me tetanus. Obvious reasons, of course, so I shouldn't have to say why. And three..."

She grabbed Knox's wrist. "Three, I want you to keep my secrets and help me stay safe when the time comes. Understand?"

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

Knox is taken aback by the offer, not sure what to make of it. Only drinking her blood. Ah, but it was so sweet, why would she need another's... If she gives it willingly, my cover should be easier to maintain. She nods at the first prospect. The final condition however, as her hand is grabbed, as she squirms, uncomfortable in the grip of anyone but her beloved, her eyes dart around in thought. "I know not of your secrets," she says simply. "So keeping them is a simple prospect of ignorance, however... I am not much of a fighter. My prowess is in deception, not in fighting. If whatever I am to keep you from is more capable than the average school student, then I won't be much use to you." It's at this point, up close, that Knox realises the girl seems to be quite blind. Her eyes don't move as they should, simply put. Oh, she can't even see me, would she even know I was coming before I sunk into her soft, sweet ne- NO, she made you an offer, stick to it and be patient. Ugh, I'm starving. She gulps. "As it is, I can barely protect you from myself..."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

"Don't worry, I can protect myself from physical threats well enough. I just need someone who's willing to cover for me. And as for my secrets... well, you know enough to be a threat to me." She heard the desperation in Knox's voice and smiled. "Stay here while I talk to Amaya-san; then we can get some equipment and have lunch."

She turned to Amaya. "Well? What do you have to say for yourself?"

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Amaya shook her head a bit as she observed the two with mild amusement; their lack of manners not withstanding. "We find thyne ignorance and recklessness endearing; though thyne manners could use some work," she began after a short giggle, "If thou believed we wished thee ill, thou should have approuched as under thyne own terms; especially if thou believed we were targeting thyne magic. Moreover, one should not give make a pact if one lacks proper understanding of what they are offering. There are countless creatures which feed on blood and are scourged by the light amongst the hordes of the yokai, fae, daemons and devils; some of which would doom you with that first bite, cause you to become their thrall, or cause them to become overwhelmed with a burning desire for more of your blood," she explained politely

"Though we must commend thee for deciding on a medium other than Knox's natural preference; be thankful for the fact that Knox is not truly damned, otherwise even that may not have sufficed" she commented approvingly.

"As for thyne magic We are, and we are not responsible, though thyne nature is also at fault," she explained in a more upbeat tone, "We must confess, it has been quite some time since we encountered someone as sensitive as thee; we'd almost forgotten the lengths we had to go to restrain ourselves around such people. Sadly it would seem our initial encounter was enough for us to effect thee." she continued as if reminiscing on something for a moment. "Though my use of Osore during my intervention with Knox must have aggravated the issue further," she mused merrily for a moment before smiling at Akira.

"Simply put, thou fear us; and while Ye may ignore it, thyne spirit has chosen to shield thee from us," she explained, seemingly enjoying herself as she did so. "Worry not dearest Akira, thyne reaction is perfectly normal and is fleeting; Ye need only adapt to our presence, knowing that we mean thee no harm and all should be well. Though we may be able to provide thee with a charm to aid in thee if thou wishes," she offered politely.

Spoiler
    Show

Osore means fear, horror, anxiety, concern, uneasiness, dread or awe.

I decided to keep it in Japanese because it fit the sentence better than the translations, though given that we're all talking Japanese, it should be understood.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2012-07-27 at 01:11 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show