New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [FO:E] FallOut Equestria Interest and Possible First OOC Thread

Two hundred years ago war raged between Equestria and the Zebra Empire. A war ended decisively with megaspell strikes on each nation, devastating the land and poisoning it with necromantic radiation. The Pegasus sealed up the sky with an omnipresent curtain of clouds, shrouding the surface in perpetual gloom. Survivors retreated into the Stables, massive fallout shelters to protect them from the radiation storm above. Some offered salvation. Others became nightmarish death-traps. But the Stables opened and descendants populated the blasted, blighted wastes.

Some Stables remain closed, forgotten by the world.

The Princesses are dead.

Fell things watch from the Stars.

Unity seeks to consume all.

A new order rises on the backs of slaves.

Harmony is shattered and forgotten.

Discord warps fragile virtue.

And Friendship is dying in the hearts of ponies.

Can light be returned to the Equestrian Wasteland?

Or is suffering and hate its only future?

This can only be known in the course of time.

This is Fallout Equestria.

The Nation of Equestria

Spoiler
    Show
    Locations

Manehatten is a pretty happening place, its ruins containing the towns of Tenpony Tower (ritzy! Home of the Twilight Society and DJ-Pon3), Gutterville, Arbu (they hunt Radigators! And possibly other things...). The Buckland Cross (ruined bridge) serves at the headquarters of the Manehatten Steel Rangers chapter.

Fillydelphia is the home turf of the New Equestria movement, a growing dictatorship that is using slave labor in an attempt to rebuild Equestria's infrastructure. The Fillydelphia chapter of the Steel Rangers is set up in the StableTech HQ and they don't get along particularly well with the New Equestrians.

Ponyville is essentially a giant Raider nest. Those nasty nasty Raiders.

Maripony is the home turf of Unity, the seat from which The Goddess controls her Alicorn collective. Probably best not to go here unless one feels inclined to be mutated horribly.

Old Olneigh was previously the home of the miners who cleared out Maripony of its gem deposits. It is now home to an extensive pack of Hellhounds. None-hellhound visitors probably won't be met with a warm welcome.

The Canterlot Ruins contains Stabletown, built from the remains of Stable1 and populated by Canterlot Ghouls. Zebratown, a suburb of Canterlot, can be found here as well. All these locations are choked with a blanket of necrotic fog. Visiting is highly discouraged unless one is undead already.

Appleloosa is one of the primary hubs of the slave trade. Slaves are auctioned off here before being shipped all over Equestria. Though mostly to Fillydelphia.

New Appleloosa is a scrap-town that survives mostly off the trade of scavenging, booze distilleries, and most notably Ditzy Doo's Mercantile. She sells everything!

Shatteredhoof was once the most infamous prison in all of Equestria. Now it's a mercenary city under the control of the Talons. If you need some tough as nails Griffons (and ponies!) to get a job done then look no further. Junction R-7 is an outpost of Shatteredhoof.

Saltlick City is a thriving community that makes quite the fortune in caps mining salts from both the nearby flats as well as the salt domes found under nearby mountains. An important ingredient in potions (as well as a number of drugs) these salts are an invaluable asset to Equestria.

Bridle Shores, paradise of the Wasteland!

Of course a place really doesn't have to be that spectacular to be considered a paradise when contrasted with the rest of the Wasteland. A small sea-side community on the west coast of Equestria, Bridle Shores wasn't large enough to warrant a MegaSpell attack. No important ministry hubs. No large military bases. No industrial centers. Just a community focused on tourism, farming, and harvesting the kelp forest that grows off shore.

Much of the farmland had been destroyed by irradiated runoff from White Tail Woods. However, the kelp fields are still thriving! Between sea weed and a much more recent fishing industry this town by the sea is one of the few places left in Equestria that holds some semblance of its former glory.

The Factions
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Steel Rangers are an elite group of power-armor clad Earth ponies committed to collecting and guarding the artifacts of the Ministry of Wartime Technology. While some Steel Rangers are kind hearted as an organization they value technology above the lives of ponies.

-Unity is a collective hivemind of Alicorns controlled by the enigmatic Goddess out of her citadel in Maripony. They are known to capture ponies of exceptional magical power and convert them into Alicorns to augment the abilities of Unity. The process of becoming an Alicorn abolishes individuality and erases most of the memories of the victim. Some ponies worship the Goddess and see Unity as an improvement over the strife of the Wasteland.

-The Enclave is the military government of the Pegasus ponies. For the most part they keep to themselves above the cloud curtain, though there are a few mountain top Enclave Mining Outposts where contact and trade are possible. Pegasus that travel to the surface and associate with other ponies are written off as contaminated by the Enclave and killed if they attempt to return to Pegasus society.

-The Twilight Society
    is a cabal of powerful mages who seek to follow the legacy of Twilight Sparkle, arguably the most magical unicorn who has ever lived. To that end they seek out powerful magical objects and lore to increase their own knowledge and power base. The Twilight Society often employs other ponies to collect important objects of power for them.

-New Equestria is a brutal oligarchy using slavery to attempt to rebuild the infrastructure and former glory of Equestria. Though their leadership insists that their goals are laudable their methods leave quite a bit to be desired.

-The Talons are the most prestigious group of mercenaries in Equestria. Traditionally a griffon-only organization ponies also serve to lend a bit of extra hoof-power when the need arises. The Talons are known for a strong sense of honor, unwilling to break contract even if a more lucrative offer arises. Talons who break contract often find a bounty placed on their head by the organization.

-Raiders aren't strictly a faction, but they can be found scattered all over Equestria. These are ponies that have completely lost their Virtue and now have no anchor to keep themselves from becoming caught up in the maddening whispers of the Stars. They are driven in an ever deepening spiral of insanity and depravity ended only by the forfeit of their lives.

-Towns and Stables are likewise not a faction in the strict sense, but many ponies have no allegiance to an Equestria-spanning organization. Instead they may simply fight to protect their community or their own interests.

Creating a Character
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Bio
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name Your pony has one of these, right?

Race Pony (Earth, Unicorn, Pegasus), Zebra, Griffon, Hellhound, Bison, Dragon, Alicorn, Sheep, Goat, Minotaur, Donkey, Cow, Changeling. Are they a ghoul? Do we want Bat Ponies (Luna's royal guards) to be a separate race from Pegasus? What about Glimmerwing and Crystal ponies (season 3)?

Cutie Mark/Special Talent Pony and Zebra only. What is the one special thing that your pony is really good at? What makes them special? Decide and they get a pretty picture representing it on their butt. Oh. And their innate magic focuses on that talent as well. Zebras gain Glyphmarks rather than Cutie Marks.

Virtue What separates ponies with some degree of good left in them from completely irredeemable Raiders. Kindness. Laughter. Honesty. Generosity. Loyalty. Magic. Every Virtue can be a Harmonious and tempered by friendship or a Discordant, hollow mockery. Regardless of whether a pony's Virtue is Discordant or Harmonious it is their anchor against the steady erosion of their soul by the Equestrian Wasteland. This would be a swell place to expound on your pony's personality in general, too!

Appearance Your pony looks like something, right?

Faction Who is your pony associated with? A city? A Stable? An ideological group? Or are they the lone timberwolf sort? Do they have Friends? Tell us here!

Skills What is your pony good at? Aside from their special talent of course. A character should have five (or fewer) skills that they're VERY good at. Stealth, firearms, magic (in several different flavors!), demolitions, repair, engineering, hacking, lock-picking, melee combat, alchemy, tracking, bartering, entertaining, swaying others, battle-saddle combat, power-armor use, flight, getting shot full of holes, SO MANY OPTIONS!

Equipment What kind of nifty gear is your pony outfitted with? Barding, tools, weapons, ammo, potions, books, alchemy ingredients, caps, vehicles, magical Ministry Mare statuettes. Good things to keep track of!

A Bit on Magic
    Spoiler
    Show
    ALL ponies are magical. As is to be expected of magical talking pastel colored tiny horses. Unicorns are the only ponies that can actually cast spells (aside from Alicorns, more on them later).

Earth pony magic takes the form of an empathic bond between themselves and whatever their special talent is. To an observer it would appear as though they're just REALLY good at whatever it is they do, but it goes deeper than that. Fluttershy is a bit unusual in that she uses Earth Pony magic in addition to her (very weak) Pegasus magic. Her Stare is a form of empathic overload I would guess.

Pegasus pony magic allows them to fly despite their tiny wings, grants them the ability to mess with weather, and allows for interaction with clouds as if they were solid object. Griffons use the same flavor of magic that Pegasus do.

Zebras cast spells as well, but instead of using arcane magic like the Unicorns they instead create potions (and other objects) and pour the spell-effect into that. Obviously it takes longer to craft a potion than it does to cast a spell, but once the potion or artifact has been made anypony can use it.

Alicorns are a fusion of all three pony tribes and use all three forms of magic. However the Alicorns of Unity have no cutie marks since they have no individuality.

Weee, spell schools!

Destructive spells (arcane bolts, elemental beams, energy arrows)
    Defensive spells (healing, shields, cleansing magic, wards)
    Divination spells (sending and gathering information)
    Illusion spells (sensory tomfoolery!)
    Beguiling spells (attacking the target's mind, want it need it)
    Alteration spells (making physical changes to both ponies and environment)
    Translocation spells (teleportation, telekinesis, conjuring objects)
    Necromancy spells (dark magic that attacks the soul and vitality)

On Weapons
    Spoiler
    Show
    Weapons are an important tool in the hooves of anyone who feels inclined to survive in the Equestrian Wasteland. As such it's important to familiarize one's self with their properties and uses.

Magical weapons function much like their mundane counterparts, though injuries from magical weapons can't be healed normally. The scarred tissue must be cut away before healing is possible. Additionally magical energy weapons have a chance of completely disintegrating their target, reducing them to a heap of glowing pastel-colored ash. Magical weapons use Sparkle Batteries rather than bullets for ammo.

Melee Weapons have the benefit of requiring no ammunition, however one must get up close and personal with them. Hellhound-Claw weapons are of special note. Using their claws living Hellhounds are able to rapidly burrow through solid rock and even sheer through steel with little trouble. When weaponized they have a similar effect on armor and ponies.

Small arms (pistols, revolvers, and the like) are weaker and less accurate than larger weapons, but they're far less awkward in cramped conditions and easier to conceal. Additionally these weapons are easy for a Unicorn to wield via Levitation.

Long arms (shotguns and rifles) are more powerful and more accurate (or don't worry so much about accuracy in the case of shotguns) than their smaller counterparts. However they're quite a bit larger. Most long arms can be wielded via Levitation, though higher powered weapons are liable to buck themselves out of grip after being fired.

Heavy weapons (flamers, miniguns, rail guns, grenade launchers, rocket-pods, plasma cannons) are extremely powerful and deadly. And also, as the name suggests, extremely heavy. Wielding them without a Battle Saddle, powered armor, or a mounting is pretty much impossible.

Pony Archive.

Link to the ever-useful RPing guidelines!
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-10-15 at 11:19 AM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] FallOut Equestria Interest and Possible First OOC Thread

This was a pleasant surprise, my eyes stumbling upon this

Yes, many times yes am I interested and then some.

3. - Top - End - #3

Welp. That's one for sure aside from the handful that I've already spoken with. They have a few of their own ideas regarding the setting that I'm sure they'll share once they get around to posting.

One concept that I've been pondering myself is to have the Enclave (Pegasus government/military) a bit more involved with the surface than would be otherwise found in the story. Mostly in the form of mining operations on mountain tops. That would allow for a little more exposure and open up greater possibility for Pegasus PCs.

They would still be a minority when contrasted with the other two tribes since any Pegasus on the surface has basically turned their back on their government to be poking around in the Wasteland. But that still means more Pegasus PCs than none.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Definitely interested, though with a mildly embarrassing note- I've looked up a lot of details on the setting, and read a number of spin offs, (Particularly Project Horizons)...but I never read the original story.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

5. - Top - End - #5

As one of the ones spoken to, I'm drawn mostly because of the Fallout side. However, I'll be catching up on all the nifty lore so I can make a more definite final call.

6. - Top - End - #6

I've only just started Project Horizons myself. Though one of my co-conspirators has read the whole thing and (I suspect) might have something in store on that front.

Lessee... factions...

Those that I'm aware of that would be relevant as factions.

-Steel Rangers (Earth Ponies in power armor, collectors of technology)
    -Unity (the Goddess and her Alicorn collective. Pony-Borg!)
    -Enclave (Pegasus military)
    -Twilight Society (Collectors of ancient magical lore)
    -New Equestria (trying to rebuild infrastructure via slavery)
    -Talons (Griffon mercenaries)

And then your various Stables, towns, and Raider groups.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

If Project Horizons is to be incorporated, there's a series of entirely based-in-that-region factions.
    This is a kind of lengthy list that I suppose may end up largely irrelevant.

Finders, Reapers, Crusaders, Zodiacs, Remnant, Society, Collegiate, Thunderhead Enclave, Sand Dogs, Highlanders, and the various little side gangs the Reapers have under their hooves (Pecos, Burner Boys, Flash Fillies, Halfhearts, etc.).
    Harbingers too, I guess, though that one depends on how plot-separate we're getting.

At risk of spoilers, I'll abstain from details on anything without prodding.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2012-08-03 at 11:05 PM.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

8. - Top - End - #8

Hey look at that, a map of some kind!

Official map of Equestria! I fiddled with a few location names, dropping places that weren't mentioned in FO:E in favor of those that were. Major locations and Stables all marked!

This is by no means finished. As we continue to add content all our own new towns and Stables and landmarks can be filled in!

Isn't that swell?

>_>

Took me forever fighting with Photobucket to figure out how to keep the image from being shrunk >_<
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-08-06 at 11:45 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

10. - Top - End - #10

That DOES look like a better map!

*ahem*

So!

Locations descriptions! Weeee!

Manehatten is a pretty happening place, its ruins containing the towns of Tenpony Tower (ritzy! Home of the Twilight Society and DJ-Pon3), Gutterville, Arbu (they hunt Radigators! And possibly other things...). The Buckland Cross (ruined bridge) serves at the headquarters of the Manehatten Steel Rangers chapter.

Fillydelphia is the home turf of the New Equestria movement, a growing dictatorship that is using slave labor in an attempt to rebuild Equestria's infrastructure. The Fillydelphia chapter of the Steel Rangers is set up in the StableTech HQ and they don't get along particularly well with the New Equestrians.

Ponyville is essentially a giant Raider nest. Those nasty nasty Raiders.

Maripony is the home turf of Unity, the seat from which The Goddess controls her Alicorn collective. Probably best not to go here unless one feels inclined to be mutated horribly.

Old Olneigh was previously the home of the miners who cleared out Maripony of its gem deposits. It is now home to an extensive pack of Hellhounds. None-hellhound visitors probably won't be met with a warm welcome.

The Canterlot Ruins contains Stabletown, built from the remains of Stable1 and populated by Canterlot Ghouls. Zebratown, a suburb of Canterlot, can be found here as well. All these locations are choked with a blanket of necrotic fog. Visiting is highly discouraged unless one is undead already.

Appleloosa is one of the primary hubs of the slave trade. Slaves are auctioned off here before being shipped all over Equestria. Though mostly to Fillydelphia.

New Appleloosa is a scrap-town that survives mostly off the trade of scavenging, booze distilleries, and most notably Ditzy Doo's Mercantile. She sells everything!

Shatteredhoof was once the most infamous prison in all of Equestria. Now it's a mercenary city under the control of the Talons. If you need some tough as nails Griffons (and ponies!) to get a job done then look no further. Junction R-7 is an outpost of Shatteredhoof.

So what about ALL those other cities you ask?

Well my friend, they haven't been defined in FO:E yet! That means we've got complete creative license to fill in the details! That includes making new cities (I stuck Saltlick City down in the desert mostly because the name amuses me) and Stables and the like.

Things are WIDE open!

So why not post your ponies in here and let's get this ball rolling!

Name Your pony has one of these, right?

Race Pony (Earth, Unicorn, Pegasus), Zebra, Griffon, Hellhound, Bison, Dragon, Alicorn, Sheep, Goat, Minotaur, Donkey, Cow, Changeling. Are they a ghoul? Do we want Bat Ponies (Luna's royal guards) to be a separate race from Pegasus? What about Glimmerwing and Crystal ponies (season 3)?

Cutie Mark/Special Talent Pony and Zebra only. What is the one special thing that your pony is really good at? What makes them special? Decide and they get a pretty picture representing it on their butt. Oh. And their innate magic focuses on that talent as well. Zebras gain Glyphmarks rather than Cutie Marks.

Virtue What separates ponies with some degree of good left in them from completely irredeemable Raiders. Kindness. Laughter. Honesty. Generosity. Loyalty. Magic. Every Virtue can be a Harmonious and tempered by friendship or a Discordant, hollow mockery. Regardless of whether a pony's Virtue is Discordant or Harmonious it is their anchor against the steady erosion of their soul by the Equestrian Wasteland. This would be a swell place to expound on your pony's personality in general, too!

Appearance Your pony looks like something, right?

Faction Who is your pony associated with? A city? A Stable? An ideological group? Or are they the lone timberwolf sort? Do they have Friends? Tell us here!

Skills What is your pony good at? Aside from their special talent of course. Stealth, firearms, magic (in several different flavors!), demolitions, repair, engineering, hacking, lock-picking, melee combat, alchemy, tracking, bartering, entertaining, swaying others, battle-saddle combat, power-armor use, flight, getting shot full of holes, SO MANY OPTIONS!

Equipment What kind of nifty gear is your pony outfitted with? Barding, tools, weapons, ammo, potions, books, alchemy ingredients, caps, vehicles, magical Ministry Mare statuettes. Good things to keep track of!
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-08-06 at 11:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Let's try this...

Name: Toluene

Race: Earth pony. Mostly...

Cutie Mark/Special Talent: The cutie mark is kept hidden, but she definitely has a gift for making and using explosives.

Virtue: While she does not often associate with others, if you could make friends with her she would be very loyal. Of course, she is very shy and avoids making friends...

Appearance: Forest green with a dark green mane that she always hangs to her right, and she has bright red eyes. Beyond that, she has leafy vines growing in her mane and tail and some leaves growing on the rest of her body. For the most part, she arranges these leaves to cover her cutie mark.

Faction: None. She lives alone, in the middle of the Everfree forest. The animals avoid her, and she doesn't seem to mind the Killing Joke...

Skills: Incredible stealth ability, can even move at a full gallop without making a sound. On the other hand, she can't seem to make a lot of noise in general. Beyond that, she has knowledge (learned the hard way) about herbs, fruits, creatures, and surviving in the forest. There is definitely something else going on here, as she should probably be dead several times over by now...

Equipment: Saddlebags with survival essentials. You know, twine, grenades, food, fuses, water, dynamite, medicine, black powder, a lighter, explosives...

12. - Top - End - #12

Definitely interested. Been wanting to do a FO:E RP since before I even read the fanfic. As a note, I hate reading eBooks so I'm stuck waiting for Scorch Mechanic of Youtube to read the next chapter so I can download it as an audio-book. I'm up to chapter 23 of the main fic.

I'll start working on a bio for an individual pony, but would anyone be interested in a band of traveling slavers?
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

13. - Top - End - #13

*EDIT FOR LOONY*

A group of slavers out of Old Appleloosa (or possibly elsewhere) would certainly be a swell idea. They could very easily serve as an initial hook to get the various PCs together.

One bio thus far. We require MOAR. In looking over the various ponies we see over in Fallout Equestria I would say shooting for five skills your character is good at would probably be ideal.

ALSO! I should probably mention spell types. You have your basic spells that all Unicorns can use (Light and Levitation) unless they're a one-trick pony. Zebras don't cast spells, instead they create potions, pendants, oils, masks, and other items that can store a spell effect.

Weee, spell schools!

Destructive spells (arcane bolts, elemental beams, energy arrows)
    Defensive spells (healing, shields, cleansing magic, wards)
    Divination spells (sending and gathering information)
    Illusion spells (sensory tomfoolery!)
    Beguiling spells (attacking the target's mind, want it need it)
    Alteration spells (making physical changes to both ponies and environment)
    Translocation spells (teleportation, telekinesis, conjuring objects)
    Necromancy spells (dark magic that attacks the soul and vitality)

And now a bio!

Name: Heimdalr

Race: Hippogriff (when a pony and a griffon love each other very much...)

Cutie Mark/Special Talent: Because Heimdalr isn't a full-blooded pony he lacks a cutie mark and a special talent. There are some things he's still quite skilled at, but he has no magical connection to any of them.

Virtue: Loyalty. Like many griffons Heimdalr has a strong sense of loyalty and honor. He's still young enough to be rather idealistic and his somewhat unusual genesis has lead him to occasionally be quite rash in his desire to prove that he can perform just as well as any griffon. He honors code, contract, and caps. In that order. While Heimdalr would be unwilling to break a contract his code dictates the types of contracts he's willing to accept in the first place.

Appearance: In terms of body-shape Heimdalr is built much like a pony with the addition of a lion-like tail, eagle talons on his front legs, and an eagle's beak replacing much of his muzzle. His coat is an ivory-white and his mane 'n tail brownish blond. The mane in particular has a rather feathered appearance. His eyes are a dark amber color. He sports a unicorn horn due to his mother's lineage. However, he lacks wings. A fact that his peers are all too happy to remind him of.

Faction: The Talons. Heimdalr operates out of the Talon stronghold of Shatteredhoof as many of the other griffons do. Aside from that he aligns himself with whoever he happens to be contracted to at the time.

Skill: As is to be expected of any of the Talons Heimdalr is skilled in combat, particularly melee combat using a pair of Hellhound Claw Glaives. He's quite adept at Alteration magic, focusing on personal augmentation. Using the wings his magic can temporarily grant him Heimdalr has practiced his flying skills intensively with a fervor born of proving his worth. His perceptiveness and insight allows him to pick up on details often missed by others. Finally he's quite good with Defensive magic, particularly healing spells.

Equipment:
    A healthy collection of potions and first-aid equipment is kept in Heimdalr's saddlebags along with a semi-automatic pistol and its ammo for backup. He carries a transmitter for the purpose of long-range communication and his Talon armor is in fine repair and condition. Above all his most prized possessions are a pair of Hellhound Claw Glaives (disc, not polearm), weapons that had once belonged to his father.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-08-05 at 07:17 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

This sounds great. Tell me what you think of this idea, a Ex Steels Ranger who has now turned to Raiding and Slavery hoping to one day join the Reapers. Also, what are your thoughts on Chimera's? I'm not all too well acquainted with the Pony Fallout world so I'm not all too certain on things such as earth ponies in the enclave or how rare Alicorns are etc etc.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

15. - Top - End - #15

The Enclave is basically the Pegasus government/military. The Enclave are for the most part an isolationist power that only really interacts with the surface via strip-mining mountains. As such you wouldn't find Earthies or Unicorns as part of the Enclave government.

Alicorns aren't as common as Eartheis, Unicorns, or Griffons on the surface. They're more common than Zebras (barring a few Zebra communities) and Pegasus (lots of Pegasus above the Cloud Curtain. Not so many on the surface).

Alicorns are ponies that have been absorbed into Unity by the Goddess and stripped of their memory and personality thus becoming part of the Unity hivemind. It is possible (though uncommon) for an Alicorn to be severed from Unity due to magic that distorts telepathy such as the necromantic Pink Cloud in Canterlot.

ALSO!

An important note.

There is a vast divide between Bandits and Raiders. Both steal your stuff and probably kill you. But Raiders do unspeakably evil things whilst doing so. In FO:E a Raider is a pony that has completely lost their Virtue, retaining not even so much as a hollow Discordant echo of it. This leaves them completely open to whispers of the Stars driving them into ever deeper levels of madness and vileness.

The Stars are, quite simply, really awful things along the lines of Cthulhu Mythos eldritch abominations. They don't really interact with the world directly. But the shadow of suffering and insanity they have cast over Equestria is all too obvious.

16. - Top - End - #16

So much interest, you have no idea! I have an entire OC-posse for this. But for the sake of the simplicity, I'll only put in one.

Name Flash Fizz

Race Earth Pony

Cutie Mark/Special Talent His cutie mark is a sparkle cola bottle fizzing over. His talent is mixing sodas and other chemicals. He discovered his special talent a little later than others when he discovered a recipe for sparkle cola and successfully mixed his first bottle.

Virtue Laughter. He dives into everything he does with exuberance and glee. He has an intense focus on what's in front of him and tends to forget about his surroundings. In the long run, he wants to use Sparkle Cola to make people happy, and tends to use that to justify both the chems he sells to Doc Hoof to make a living, and the less than happy mixtures he makes to satisfy his own scientific curiosity. It's also worth mentioning he has a pretty serious Sparkle Cola addiction he's had since he was a kid.

Appearance He's rusty red in color and with a mess of burnt brown hair under a pair of lab goggles (safety first!). He also wears an authentic Sparkle Chemist lab coat complete with a name tag.

Faction New Appleoosa, with a fondness for the ghoul Ditzy Doo, his primary distributor and supplier. He's got an "arrangement" with Doc Hoof, but they aren't what you call friends.

Skills Fizz is an expert in chemistry, mixing up dozens of (honestly mostly poisonous or explosive) concoctions, particularly those made of Sparkle Cola. He's also a good inventor and made his own battle saddle, the bottle rocket launcher, which he's crack shot with.

Equipment

-His Bottle Rocket Launcher battle saddle which loads either one bottle at a time or has a rack for a load of five consecutively. He uses it to launch explosives and gas bombs. They either blow on impact or after a certain distance like a firework.

-Since he needs the bottle caps for his ammo, he mostly deals in homemade chems rather than straight caps, so he has plenty of those.

-A Sparkle Chemist is always prepared! So he never leaves New Appleoosa without enough supplies to get him where he's going. Food, water, and Sparkle Cola.

-His lab coat and goggles.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looking for participants? I'll be in! I admit I'm not the most familiar with Fallout, but I think I can adapt. And now, the character you've all been waiting for...

~

(Picture to come later)

Name: Night Jewel.

Talent: Working with mechanisms. She can sabotage contraptions with ease, and is also quite good at repairing them.

Virtue: Laughter. She's quite optimistic, keeping high spirits even in dark times. She's also quite willing to get herself into trouble, seeing getting out as an entertaining challenge. Ultimately, she's got a sharp wit and a strong desire to put it to use.

Appearance: A young unicorn, somewhat small for her age, with a purple coat, a pale blue mane and tail, blue eyes and a toolkit cutie mark.

Faction: None. Ultimately, she's a free spirit, not working for any particular cause.

Skills: Night Jewel has a variety of skills to help her with trickery. In addition to her mechanical speciality mentioned above, she has some skill in stealth, acrobatics, swimming and climbing, making it easy for her to get past many obstacles. Her magic tends to be on the subtle side as well, focused on darkness and illusions. She's not much of a fighter, but can usually outwit or evade foes instead.

Equipment: Her most important possessions are her tools. She has a variety of things suited for delicate mechanical work, such as picking locks. In addition, she usually carries food, water, gemstones of various types, knives, writing equipment, rope, and other objects that might come in handy.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Question, that I'm surprised never got tossed in here. But, where does this fit in the timeline? Before Little Pip or After Little Pip left the vault? (BLP ALP) I prefer a timeline BLP as it gives us a wider range without canon getting in our way.

19. - Top - End - #19

I'd love to join, if that's okay!

Will there be a faction involving zebras?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Question, that I'm surprised never got tossed in here. But, where does this fit in the timeline? Before Little Pip or After Little Pip left the vault? (BLP ALP) I prefer a timeline BLP as it gives us a wider range without canon getting in our way.
    I think I might have mentioned this, but it's worthy of reiterating.

Consider this an alternate timeline that took place before the events depicted in Fallout: Equestria. Like you said this would allow us free range without having to worry too much about tip-toeing around established events.

In that spirit if you have an idea for a town, city, faction, Stable, or other such landmark just tell me where it is and give me a description and I'll add it to the map. There's plenty of blank space on there to fill in and quite a few cities and towns that weren't defined at all in FO:E.

On the subject of Zebras: We've got Glyphmark near Canterlot. That's a Zebra settlement. If need be we could make it a little less depressing since the adult population hasn't been completely removed by slavers (if that ever happens in our timeline to begin with).

I think there is a Zebra faction that's a bit more antagonistic in Project Horizons, though I haven't actually read PH yet. Prod Bob about that one.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

I found the Fallout: Equestria wiki and read up on some of the setting. One thing that I would like to say is that I would prefer this to be an entire alt setting; we shouldn't have to worry about keeping the areas in any kind of canonical condition. Sometimes stuff happens that would be so cool but would make the existing canon cry.

22. - Top - End - #22

Is this taking place on Giantitp or somewhere else?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

23. - Top - End - #23

Lost's suggestion is pretty much what I'm saying as well. Alternate timeline. Don't worry too much about canon.

And this is in fact taking place here on FFRP. Would be kind of silly to post about it here if it was taking place elsewhere =P

24. - Top - End - #24

Name: Eledhwen

Race: Pegasus

Cutie Mark/Special Talent: No cutie mark yet! She's still trying to earn it. She's okay at stealth flying, though!

Virtue: Kindness

Appearance: A small, young foal, eight years old. Eledhwen is quite skinny and bony, and has frail wings. Her skin is light gray. The pegasus is small for her age. She usually has a smile on her face. She's got a wild pixie cut, and her hair is black and white. She doesn't have a cutie mark yet.

Faction: ...She's eight years old.

Skills: Eledhwen is teaching herself to fly, and is getting the basics of it. She can be very sneaky when he needs to. She's also quite a fast runner, though not very strong.

Equipment: None.
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-08-06 at 03:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hmm. I've read Fallout: Equestria, but none of the side stories. Loved the original fic. Sure, I think I'll throw my desperado hat into the ring.

Question, though. Can I make up a town or two to fit my background?

I'm thinking of playing a Courier, a la Fallout: New Vegas, by the name of Lucky Break. His special talent is sheer dumb luck, and he came to this part of Equestria to make a delivery for Mohoofe Deliveries, stationed out in New Pegasus. Or Las Pegasus, if it's not under Enclave control.

However, he was double-crossed, robbed, shot, and left for dead. One would say that's quite unlucky, but he's managed to survive, and was nursed back to death by the folks of New Appaloosa. Now... he's got one thing on his mind: revenge.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

26. - Top - End - #26

dun Dun DUN!

*cough*

The only Pegasus city that was hit by a megaspell was Cloudsdale. For whatever reason Los Pegasus wasn't touched. And Los Pegasus is very much still an Enclave controlled city mostly because the control hub for the Single Pegasus Project was built near there.

If you want me to add a city (New Vegasus?) then that's totally fine! Just tell me more or less where it would be on the map. Maybe a bit of information about the place so I can give it a quick write up.

One of the things I fully expect is that we'll be filling in plenty of the blank space on the map of Equestria. That'll be part of the fun!

RAWR EDIT

I'm thinking that it would probably be a decent idea to have some degree of awareness about the surface in the Pegasus community. However it is widely reported by the Enclave that the surface is still too irradiated for the Pegasus community to do anything to help. The surface ponies are simply more accustomed to the poison.

Clearly.

Ponies that refuse the warnings and associate with the surface are officially reported as dead by the Enclave. Ponies that try to return to the clouds are killed or captured on sight since they have obviously been contaminated by the surface and must be dealt with for the public good.

Ponies that take a more official stand against the Enclave are branded as Dash-ites and exiled to the surface.

A pegasus settlement on the surface is quite possible. Especially a settlement built on or near the top of a mountain that's being mined for its resources. If you wanted something more opposed to the Enclave then a village of pegasuseseses who have bucked off the government would be just fine as well.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-08-06 at 03:06 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I was thinking New Pegasus, a small city build by rogue pegusi and non-pegasi who left Las Pegasus. Not a big city, mind you, but a small "spiritual successor" of sorts. Decently established, well-defended, and makes a nice bit of money off gambling and entertainment. But it's pretty far out of the way, probably down near the Badlands on the (new!) Equestrian map.

Lucky is either a pegasi son of a Dash-ite, or a unicorn. Probably the former, but I'm still undecided.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-08-06 at 03:24 PM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

28. - Top - End - #28

My pegasus will be a traveler... not one of those "city folk."
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Name: Lamianos Vespertilio Angelos

Race: Earth/Chimera (Bat/Pony fusion)

Cutie Mark/Special Talent: Lamianos has a cutie mark showing a skull cringing, showing his affinity with inducing fear in his opponets.

Virtue: Honesty. Lamianos is an honorable pony, he prefers to fight real warriors in real combat instead of sneak about like a coward. He is not a fan of fighting non combatants but is not above using them for experimentation, they are not trained to fight but that does not give them the right to avoid helping the greater good of Equestria. His rather knightly ways do have a breaking point when it comes to sneak attacking a enemy base that would easily over run them if they were prepared, he won't particularly like it but he will gladly grumble over a stealth mission rather then take several bullets to the face.

Appearance: Due to his involvement in Project Chimera Lamianos is a fusion between a pale gaunt bat and a vicious black stallion. His skin is pale, with his fur just as snowy white. His eyes are a bloody red, his pupils barely visible beneath the drowning pool of blood that is his eyes. His teeth are sharp and curved with two large fangs in the front. His man is the same lush black it was before he was turned. He is a burly and muscular stallion, throwing off the sickly weak appearance his pale fur and skin give away. Finally on his back are two large bat like wings with the same pale white skin and fur on them, the flesh in between the wing fingers are easily seen through and show many veins.

Faction: Ex- Steel Ranger. He was kicked out after being turned into a Chimera and branded a "Freak" since then he's turned to raiding and slavery to survive and continue his experimentations. Despite all this he seeks out a home in the Reapers, the one gang of miscreants he knows he can find acceptance in, no matter how monstrous he may seem.

Skills: As is to be expected of any Steel Ranger, present or former, Lamianos is an avid weapons expert. He is particularly fond of Heavy grade weapons such as Miniguns or Flamers. He also likes close combat in the form of battle spikes that he has learned to brawl with. He is adept at causing fear in his opponets, especially in interrogations. He has also taken to sweet talking people into giving him what he wants after practicing it on his fellow Knights in the Steel Rangers. Lastly, his involvement in Project Chimera has made him far stronger and durable then most other earth ponies, allowing his new form to take more of a beating then most others (Despite the pale and fragile appearance it has).

Equipment: A black and red suit of power armor that is in need of a bit of repairs. The power armor is equipped with the standard gear, special made holster to hold his Minigun (Also in need of a bit of repairs, but it's definetely functional). The suit also holds several bits of medicine and drugs to be pumped into his system on command. The suit seems to be modified at home to allow his wings to fit through them, with said wings being armored from spare bits lying around. The armor has several spikes on it that show signs of blood on them.

Tell me if you have any problems with this. In particular the Project Chimera part, I wasn't all too sure on whether the Alt universe thing meant that Project Chimera never existed, or if it meant we could use things like that as we pleased (Since we aren't going by official canon).
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2012-08-07 at 01:58 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

30. - Top - End - #30

Sweet Celestia, Tychris, you've scared the crap out of Eledhwen.

They should meet!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,