New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [Nexus] The Sleeping Goblin III: 40% More Drow!

T h e S l e e p i n g G o b l i n

The Sleeping Goblin was named after a friendly goblin that asked for shelter in the present cook's house. There is an upstairs, There are private rooms for your needs, and we can serve whatever you may happen to want, and our cook/bartender is always ready to serve.

Owner: Griktak the Goblin (owned by Agate86)
    Bartender/Cook: Marty Aceford (owned by singingnoodle)
    Bartender: Aiden (Owned by Rotting Baron)
    Bouncer 1: Tyalla (Owned by orb_of_blood)
    Bouncer 2: Even (Owned by DoomITP)
    Waiter: Hiring
    Bard: Corff (Owned by Hipho)
    Bard/Nurse: Elkandar B'xarenef (Owned by Dark Elf Bard)

Links to Past Thread (s)

Menu:
    Dishes: Turkey leg: A good tasting, lightly seasoned turkey leg, Marty makes them very juicy. A delicious meal for one not bold enough to try the other dishes.
    Kortis Leaf Salad: Kortis leaf is a type of bland, dry, and tasty leaf. When served in a large dosage, it advances willpower. Served with sauce.
    Artisan Bread: Marty's special artisan bread, he makes it out of homemade wheat. He uses macadamia, pecan, and walnut nuts in the bread.
    Bean soup: This warm soup is made with a variety of beans, such as Lupin beans, white beans, lentil beans, black beans, kidney beans, and navy beans. Yum.
    Assorted meats: Marty can serve various types of meats ranging from, chicken, to even the more exotic kinds such as destrachan meat.
    Pasta Marty serves, spaghetti, risotto, Frittata, lasagne, gnocchi, calamare, scungille, calzone, sausage with peppers and onions, parmegiana (eggplant, chicken, and broccoli)
    Drinks:
    Beers, wines, and spirits:Marty has just about every kind of drink available in his kitchen.
    Juices: Marty has many types of fruits, the juices range from orange, lemonade, watermelon, to even radish juice.
    Other: Marty has a stock of frozen blood in the freezer for the more....exotic requests.
    Desserts:
    Dessert foods:Fudge, cheesecake, (vegetarian or otherwise), cookies, fruit cakes, and various pies, ranging from cherry, blueberry, strawberry, and even carrot pie.
    Other: Customers are free to request other meals, Marty may or may not have the requested meal.

Note: Fights allowed.

Rooms:

Marty's Room:

Marty's room has purple walls with white outlines. His room has a nice purple carpet salvaged from the Aceford Manor fire. The carpet is warm and fuzzy, there is an odd bulge in the middle of the carpet. On Marty's desk there is an old portrait of Marty, Marty's father, Marty's mother, and Shada. Marty looks happier than anyone has ever seen him. His hair is perfectly done, his eyes shine, and he holds his wife's waist. His wife looks just as happy as him. His Mother looks very happy but his Father is frowning at Marty. Marty has it facing the only window in his room. Marty's bed has a nice blue blanket made of a warm material. Marty's pillows are soft and fuzzy. Marty has a white closet with gold knobs. His clothes hang on white hangers. Marty is very neat and tidy. He has a very small bathroom with a small shower. Marty is a very clean person. Marty has a drawer. The drawer is black with purple knobs. Inside the drawer is a gift addressed to Marty from Shada, it reads, Dear Marty,
    Open this when you're ready.
    Love,
    Shada.
    The lower drawer is locked. Marty has the key. Under the bed is a burnt metal chest that is missing a key. The room is cozy.

The Main Room:

The downstairs is warm and bright. A magical fire is always burning, the fire is blue. There are five nice tables with four tables each. There is a long bar. Behind the bar there is a long rack filled with various alcohols, juices, and mixes. Behind the bar is a door with a shiny window. The door leads to the kitchen. The inns walls are brick. The roof is very tall. The room all in all radiates warmth and kindness. Marty likes the room clean. There are four windows.

Kitchen:

The kitchen is Marty's room. The walls are white and shining. Marty has a huge spice rack filled with every spice in existence. The spices are arranged via alphabetical order. The spices are so varied that the spice rack seems to be a rainbow mix of bright and dull colors. There are every type of cookers, ovens, and microwaves. A wall of pans hang on the left wall. Marty's white protective clothes hang on the wall. A large sink is perfectly clean and two sponges lay inside. There are two fridges filled with food. Marty loves this room.

Elkandar's Room:

Elkandar's room has a nice gray wall, with white outline. There is a small balcony jutting out the inn. The balcony overlooks Inside. The view of the sunset is good on the balcony. There is a large wooden closet with nice white knobs. Inside is a selection of Elkie's clothes. There are two drawers filled with Elkandar's undergarments. There is a small vase filled with flowers on one drawer. Elkandar's bed is rather large. The satin covers a re very comfy and smooth. The pillows are soft and squishy. Hanging on a wall via a mantle is Elkandar's lute, shining in its case. He has a small bookcase filled with some books. The room is small but comfy.

Tyalla's Room

Tyalla and Shada used to share this room. There are two beds in this large room. The walls are a nice dark green texture with black outline. Plants hang from the ceiling and various multicolored flowers lying in bright vases litter the room. The ceiling has plants hung in the intricate rafters. The room smells richly like a sweet mix of flowers, pollen, and honey. There are two large oak closets. One is filled with Tyalla's clothes while the other is filled with Shada's. There are two drawers, each with a plant on them. Inside Tyalla's drawer are an assortment of small clothes, such as socks, and hidden underneath is a box with her wedding ring inside. Shada's drawer has her private clothes inside. Shada's blade is leaning against the wall when not in use. Shada's bed has a dark purple satin sheet with a black comforter. Her black pillows are very soft. Tyalla's bed has a green comforter and white sheets. There is an old portrait of a countryside on the right wall. The room is very nice albeit slightly crowded.

Room Eleven:

This room is always locked. There is no way inside. The only way to enter would be by somehow breaking the iron locks. Marty has the only key to unlock the door. He never ever uses it. There are odd sounds coming from the door occasionally. Odd music blasts from this door every once in a while. There is a constant bright light peering from a crack under the door.

The Cellar:

The door to get down here is also locked. Marty and Griktak have skeleton keys that unlock all doors in the inn except room 11. Only Marty has the key to that one. Inside the cellar is a large amount of barrels filled with various wines, spirits, and beers. There is a rat problem down here. There is a false barrel. Inside the large barrel is a tunnel. Wide enough for someone to crawl inside. Marty has never been down there. He is unaware of the things existence. The cellar is rather boring apart from the false barrel.
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-09-08 at 11:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Sleeping Goblin III: 40% More Drow!

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Bellan is suddenly embraced, and he pats Marty lightly on the shoulder. He's getting used to the graciousness that comes in response to charity, but not hugs. Still not used to hugs. "That's really not necessary, Marty..." He doesn't like to be owed debts. For several reasons.

After Trissy's put in place, Bellan kneels beside her body. He raises his hands and holds them out to either side, palms out. Some may notice the veins beneath his arms glowing green briefly. The air around his fingers seems to ripple, as if there were some intense heat.

Then he claps, creating a resounding pop that should ring in everyone's ears. A subtle power seems to fill the air around them. A force and a feeling of rightness that is almost oppressive in its strength. "The Wheel is with us this day, my friends. You may proceed." He gestures toward Rainbow's father, then places his hands on his knees and bows his head in reverence.
    He places his hands on the intricate diagram and a flash of light goes of briefly as the alchemy takes effect.
    He then stands up.
    "She should be back now."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #3

T'rissylene spasms a few times as a large ethereal tarantula floats out of her chest and dissipates. Finally, she lies unconscious but slowly breathing. Her facial scar has disappeared in the process. However, the spiderweb pattern remains carved in her back.
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2012-06-24 at 09:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    The armored man chuckles at this. "Yeah, I bet it is. How often do fights happen 'round here?"
    "Well I wouldn't call them fights, but people do seem to like beating him up a lot." Tom says, pointing at the ill-fated Marty. Honestly, the poor half-elf's regular beat-downs are far to one-sides to be called fights.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    T'rissylene spasms a few times as a large ethereal tarantula floats out of her chest and dissipates. Finally, she lies unconscious but slowly breathing. Her facial scar has disappeared in the process. However, the spiderweb pattern remains carved in her back.
    Marty rushes over to her side excitedly. Trissy'lene! My wife! Are you okay?! He softly cradles her head.

6. - Top - End - #6

"Yeah, don't thank me or anything. It's not like I just brought her back from the dead or something."
    Rainbow continues to hide her face.
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground

Bellan moves back a little, smiling warmly and quietly. He uses some of the residual energy in the room to try and repair any wounds remaining on Trissy or her clothing. "We are blessed with providence today. Thank you, sir," Bellan says to Rainbow's father with genuine enthusiasm.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-06-26 at 08:08 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Tears start to form in his eyes. He will softly kiss her forehead. Please, let me have a moment with my wife. A few wet tears of joy mixed with an ooutburst of sadness fall to the floor.

9. - Top - End - #9

Bellan moves back a little, smiling warmly and quietly. He uses some of the residual energy in the room to try and repair any wounds remaining on Trissy or her clothing. "We are blessed with providence today. Thank you, sir," Bellan says to Rainbow's father with genuine enthusiasm.
    Trissy's ripped clothing mend, but the scar om her back remains.
    Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Tears start to form in his eyes. He will softly kiss her forehead. Please, let me have a moment with my wife. A few wet tears of joy mixed with an ooutburst of sadness fall to the floor.
    Her eyes flutter open after a few minutes.
    Marty... am.. I.. Marty.. Am I dead?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

N-No...you're alive...with me...here...Trissy, it's me.

11. - Top - End - #11

Oh... I was killed...

She slowly starts to sob and buries her face in his shoulder, squeezing him tight.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

He sets his head down on the curve of her neck as she sobs into his shoulder. He softly carresses and nuzzles her. I...I know, but you're safe now...you and me, we're safe now.

13. - Top - End - #13

"Yeah whatever. It would be nice to hear a thank you from that Marty fellow though. I put my life on the line for him. If the offering wasn't proper enough, it would have taken my body to get the power needed."
    He sighed and began to gather his things to leave.
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #14

Bellan leaves the reunited lovers to enjoy one another's company, instead approaching the homunculus. He holds his hand out. "If you'll stay, I'm sure you'll get your thanks. Perhaps more. I would hear more of you and your daughter, at the very least." A charming smile follows.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #15

He sets his head down on the curve of her neck as she sobs into his shoulder. He softly carresses and nuzzles her. I...I know, but you're safe now...you and me, we're safe now.
    T'rissylene keeps crying quietly into his shoulder.

T-torture.. I don't w-want to go back... I want to s-stay here...

She grips his shoulders tightly, her face still buried into his shoulder.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

He moves his hand through her hair while holding her tightly. He lets her cry into him and winces as her nails dig into him. You never will...I l-love you, y-you're here now, with me...we'll be together. You're okay, you're safe now...calm down Trissy...Trissy....

17. - Top - End - #17

T'rissylene, as it seems does not calm down. Hyperventilating slightly, she lets go of Maryt and slowly curls into the fetal position, with her head in his lap.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

He'll softly pick her up a little, and move her to where she can sleep in his lap comfortably. He still runs his hands through her hair. Trissy...it's okay...sleep, you're...tired...sleep and be safe.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

New Entry

Two tall masculine figures burst into the tavern. One begins sniffing the air whilst the other watches slightly embarrased.
    "The smells in here," he says as he runs up the stairs.
    The other turns to the others in the tavern, "please...excuse us," he says as he follows the other one up the stairs.

20. - Top - End - #20

Bellan leaves the reunited lovers to enjoy one another's company, instead approaching the homunculus. He holds his hand out. "If you'll stay, I'm sure you'll get your thanks. Perhaps more. I would hear more of you and your daughter, at the very least." A charming smile follows.
    "No thanks. Not because I don't like you, but because I have cinnamon rolls waiting for me."
    Cinnamon rolls made by Rainbow's mother are...extremely good.
    Rainbow's father waves and then disappears in a flash of light.

Busy with Life

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    "No thanks. Not because I don't like you, but because I have cinnamon rolls waiting for me."
    Cinnamon rolls made by Rainbow's mother are...extremely good.
    Rainbow's father waves and then disappears in a flash of light.

"Hmm, what a shame," Bellan says, waving after the fellow. He turns and studies Rainbow. "Rainbow, he's gone. There's no need to hide your face." The Knight walks over to smile at the young girl.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #22

He'll softly pick her up a little, and move her to where she can sleep in his lap comfortably. He still runs his hands through her hair. Trissy...it's okay...sleep, you're...tired...sleep and be safe.
    Trissy relaxes slightly at his touch, but still keeps tense.
    She closes her eyes, settling into her fiancé's lap. After about a minute, though, she tenses with a small squeak, and cuts onto a little ball.

They.... They're still here... I saw them... d-don't let them get me...
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty is calmed as well. His soon-to-be-wife's quirky but undeniably cute squeek made Marty comfortable. Shh...sh...it's okay...sleep...

24. - Top - End - #24

She squeaks again.

Uh-uh. I c-can see them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty just shivers. His Trissy...to be so scared...What had those drow done to her? He curls around her, still on the floor, his hand brushing her hair while the other will reach to hold her hand. [COLOR="Magenta"]See who? Trissy...shut your eyes, there's no one. r[/COLR]

26. - Top - End - #26

Trissy grips him softly.

Uh-uh. I see them.

Deadtime for a few minutes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty sheds a tear. Trissy...honey...please don't do this to me....there's no one...no one there...you're here with me...nothing to hurt you...please! Just kiss me...then sleep.

28. - Top - End - #28

T'rissylene kisses him on the hand and then his lips, but makes no move to get up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty parts her lips with his and embraces her. He's very emotional right now. He'll move his arm to pull her legs and waist until he can pick her up. He'll smile at her sadly before telling Bellan. I need to watch my wife, if you want, we can talk while she's asleep. You can just knock. He'll then take Trissy to his room and set her on his bed

(Attempted)

30. - Top - End - #30

T'rissylene is easily picked up and set on the bed. She looks at Marty, tears swimming in her eyes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,