New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Sleeping Goblin III: 40% More Drow!

"Do they?" Nixa's voice is very soft, very distant. Suddenly it seems that she's thinking of a specific example. "I'd argue against that." But she doesn't give any reasons for it, which is unlike her. Usually she'll argue with anything that moves. All she adds there is: "strongly."

Anyways, considering that Nixa met Trissy a few days ago, they had a huge argument which almost ended in Nixa frying her sisters fiancee, and then she sat idly by and watched her sister be raised without helping or offering payment for services, she's probably not entitled to take what she wants from the tavern. In fact, seeing as her dragon siblings exploded the tavern, and Nixa has the potential to explode the tavern all over again, especially if liquor is uncorked near her, it's surprising she's not been asked to leave.

"You know what's easier? Stepping away from all that ranking and order and living as you like. Chaos. Not always honest, but if you're a decent person and not about to go on a mass-killing spree, it works well enough." She shrugs, "still, soul-saving's for some, and a general disregard for other beings is for others."

She thinks for a moment. "What deity did you say you followed?"
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-07-25 at 07:56 PM.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vierzt walks in. Hey, Nix. Presumably behind his follows the armored Divebomb.

Divebomb, Nixa. Nixa, Divebomb.

He yamns and moves to get a vodka, leaning on the bar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Yes, that way of living is easier. But if ease was the goal, then McLohan certainly wouldn't have become a Priest. Politeness forbears him from saying anything out loud, however. He doesn't blame her for looking out for number one, he's just glad that not everyone lives like that.

"I didn't say which deity I worshiped, because I really don't. Or rather, I pay homage to any god who entreats its followers to help others, and to better themselves. There's no one deity that I praise above the rest." There are many gods worth worshiping, and devoting himself to a single one seems pointless.

He looks up as Vierzt enters the tavern. Nodding in greeting, he tries to ascertain what the newcomer looks like.
    "Hello there. I'm the Reverend Gavin McLohan, at your service."
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

"That," Nixa laughs, "means that you'd despise my own deity."

And then Vierzt enters. If I may take the liberty to describe him a teeny bit in relation to Nixa? The two are of an identical height, with the same skin tones, and hair color. Which is hardly odd as they're both drow, but there's certainly a likeness between them that's obviously no coincidence. The only major difference is the eyes, as Nixa's are a red, flickering and dancing like flame. "Now now, little brother, I'll have no demeaning shortenings of my name. It's short enough as is, and is a wonderfully proud name anyways."

She moves to greet him, but backs away quickly when he takes out the liquor bottle.

5. - Top - End - #155

He bows. Sorry, Miss Nixa Vivilandra B'xarenef.

He then takes a big swig of vodka.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

6. - Top - End - #156
    Halfling in the Playground

Divebomb appears, dressed in her strange costume. When introduced, she just grins and puts her hands on her hips. "Little brother? Aw, that's cute. Does he call you big sis?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-27 at 12:16 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    As the masked doctor walks up stairs Romeo notices and walks after him, covering his mouth with his robes. As he reaches the top stairs, Romeo yells, "Mffter! Mffter!" muffled by his robes.

The Doctor may run into Elio standing in front of that door, noticing then staring at the man, first with a look of shock, coming from the same culture as Romeo, followed by suspicion. Before the doctor gets too close he heavily slams his hand on the wall before the door, forming a wall with his body. "May I help you?" he asks rather loudly.
    The note that the doctor had been working on is dropped into a pocket, and is instead replaced with another as the man writes up a new one. Y'know, for a doctor, he has awfully legible handwriting.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor's Note
    As stated earlier, I am in need of lodging.
    And there's no polite way of discovering if a room is occupied without knocking first! It's not like there's any staff around the place to help anyone, unfortunately. The couple in charge really ought to put up a 'Help Wanted' sign in the front window or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Divebomb appears, dressed in her strange costume. When introduced, she just grins and puts her hands on her hips. "Little brother? Aw, that's cute. Does he call you big sis?"
    Of course not! I'm sure I'm older!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

9. - Top - End - #159

Aiden walks into the Sleeping Goblin, looking alert for once. He looks around in the inn for anyone official-looking that he can talk to for a job.

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    The note that the doctor had been working on is dropped into a pocket, and is instead replaced with another as the man writes up a new one. Y'know, for a doctor, he has awfully legible handwriting.

And there's no polite way of discovering if a room is occupied without knocking first! It's not like there's any staff around the place to help anyone, unfortunately. The couple in charge really ought to put up a 'Help Wanted' sign in the front window or something.
    Oh goodie, a write everything down gimmick. Elio roles his eyes and pulls out a pair of reading glasses and reads the doctor's note. "Mmhmm, might I recommend Trog's. It's right down the street, in either direction. I'm sorry to be so curt, but the upstairs is going to have to be off limits for a period, the owner has gone into deadtime with his fiancee and we're in a bit of a pickle." While speaking to the doctor, the old wizard looks him once over with magical sight, just to see if this speechless man is packing anything he should worry about, or if he is something he should worry about.

Romeo tries his hardest not to breathe unnecessarily while standing downwind from the doctor and Elio. Yes, he is aware they are in door, but if Elio is facing in your direction you are always downwind.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Of course not! I'm sure I'm older!
    "We're the same age, actually." Nixa would do something that could be easily mistaken for sibling love by anyone who didn't know her - such as tousle his hair - but he's still got that drink, so she stays well clear. "I'm just more mature."

...no. She's not. But a dominance battle is really not something she desires right now, so that's what she goes with.

"Are you his girlfriend?" She asks Divebomb. How like her to be totally unsubtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Aiden walks into the Sleeping Goblin, looking alert for once. He looks around in the inn for anyone official-looking that he can talk to for a job.
    That would be Nixa! Or... well, sorta. See, she's not actually in charge, but seeing as there are currently no employees here and she's the sister of the wife of the owner, she's probably the closest he's going to get for a little while.

Besides, this place has so few employees, Nixa's thinking of just announcing herself the new owner of the tavern, and dealing with anyone who objects. And why not? Trissy probably wouldn't hurt her, or let Marty hurt her, and it would give her something to do other than fiddling with magic spells and taunting her siblings. Who knows, maybe Vierzt would even help her!

Still, for now, she has little to do with the running of the tavern. But considering she's behind the counter and is dressed like a professional mage in her crisp black robes, she looks as though she's in charge.

12. - Top - End - #162

Aiden walks up to the counter, across from Nixa. "Hey. You folks wouldn't happen to be hiring, would you?" he says, getting straight to the point. Nixa may notice that although he looks clean enough, his clothes are well-used, and a little frayed.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Pixie in the Playground

Aiden walks up to the counter, across from Nixa. "Hey. You folks wouldn't happen to be hiring, would you?" he says, getting straight to the point. Nixa may notice that although he looks clean enough, his clothes are well-used, and a little frayed.
    "Well if 'we' aren't, then 'we' really ought to be!" She declares, likely giving away that she's not completely in charge. "What job were you looking for?"

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    "We're the same age, actually." Nixa would do something that could be easily mistaken for sibling love by anyone who didn't know her - such as tousle his hair - but he's still got that drink, so she stays well clear. "I'm just more mature."

...no. She's not. But a dominance battle is really not something she desires right now, so that's what she goes with.

"Are you his girlfriend?" She asks Divebomb. How like her to be totally unsubtle.
    Vierzt turns red.
    What the hell? No!!! Shut it!

Huh!First time (in front of Nixa, anyways) that he looks anything less than confident and collected.

Looks like this drow may have developed a little crush!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

15. - Top - End - #165

Aiden furrows his brow, but doesn't question Nixa's position. He was far too broke for that. "Well, that depends on what jobs are available, I suppose. Can't be a bouncer for this place, after all."

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

From outside the Inn, there comes a sudden flash of light and crash of thunder-like noise strong enough to rattle the windows.

And a moment later, a fellow clad in a classic trenchcoat with a low-pulled fedora over glowing green eyes and a red bandanna over his nose and mouth walks inside.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

The faintest flicker of a smile.

Excellent. Two things are going her way already.

The first would be that she's found a weapon against Akoraun. Nothing much, but it proves she can cut through his calm disposition, and if she could set him off guard, it would be so much easier for her to claim dominance later.

For now, she doesn't answer him, waiting for the girl's response, and enjoying how flustered he is.

The second is this newcomer. But before she can plot, she has to get a better understanding of who he is.

"Oh? I wonder what gave you that idea. I'd say most jobs are available, but I'm curious as to why you ruled out bouncer?"

18. - Top - End - #168

Upstairs

I'm not quite sure what magical sight would or would not pick up, so I'll just put my response on hold for now, as the 'doctor' gets to writing up another note.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor's Note
    The fiancee's sister described circumstances differently.
    ...Huh. Well that's not very helpful or informative at all, is it? I don't think the fellow behind that weird beak-mask is going to be turned away quite so easily.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

19. - Top - End - #169

"I ruled out bouncer because I'm a writer," Aiden says. "Do you really think I'm intimidating enough to keep people out? Don't say yes, because I'll know you're lying."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Pixie in the Playground

Nixa shrugs. "You never know. In the Nexus, people are usually more than they appear. Though I must say, a tavern doesn't seem like much of a place for a writer. Still, I ask again: what job did you have in mind? I believe most positions are open."

21. - Top - End - #171

Yes, I thought that might have been a bit too vague. Magical sight would basically allow Elio to see if the doctor has any magical or supernatural items on him, has a magical aura of his own from being either a magical being or powerful magic user, or is under the affect of any enchantments and possibly the nature of those enchantments.

Elio reads the note and seems to contemplate it for a moment. After deliberation, the old wizard looks over the doctor's shoulder to speak to his apprentice. "Romeo, could you go downstairs? I'll be a moment." Without hesitation Romeo runs down the stairs to the room with the others. Elio then turns his attentions to the doctor. "I'm sorry, I'm not normally so rude, but I'm going to have to very seriously insist that you leave. Please."

Meanwhile downstairs, Romeo seeks out a someone he hopes he can trust. "Miss Nixa? My master might be getting into a fight upstairs. I think it might be someone after your sister. You know powerful magic right. Can you help him?" The master and apprentice sort of met Nixa at Arcanus, and she's Trissylene's sister, so she should be willing to help, right?

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #172

"Well, maybe a tavern isn't a place for a writer, if you have some romantic vision of how writers get food on their plate," Aiden says. "But anyway, I'd been hoping to get a position as a waiter, or maybe a bartender."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Meanwhile, Mr. Fedora-head walks up to the bar with a frown...not that it can be seen, since, hankerchief.
    "Is there a problem here?" he addresses Elio (I presume).

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #174

Elio is an old man who is speaking to an imposing plague Doctor upstairs.

Romeo teenager who is downstairs worriedly looking for help.

Take your pick.

My Characters

25. - Top - End - #175

Upstairs

((I think it's best we pause this scene now. I'm fine with waiting for Noodle to return, but using that deadtime to set up a fight to stomp What when he's OOC-prevented from pursuing his target is terribly unfair. =/))
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

26. - Top - End - #176

With a much less attention drawing flash a figure cloaked in a white cape with red runes on his end appears on the roof of the bar. He sits there and eats popcorn while watching Mr. Fedora-head. Just in case he followed him from the Inside fight up here.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #177
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Vierzt turns red.
    What the hell? No!!! Shut it!

Huh!First time (in front of Nixa, anyways) that he looks anything less than confident and collected.

Looks like this drow may have developed a little crush!
    Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post

Divebomb makes a little 'ah' shape with her mouth in understanding. She grins at the drow, so far finding them very amusing. Though a scolding look is sent towards Vierzt. "Hey now, Vierzt, be nice to your sister." Back to Niza! "So cranky. And, uh, nope! Doesn't he have one? He's very handsome."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-31 at 12:09 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #178
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Divebomb makes a little 'ah' shape with her mouth in understanding. She grins at the drow, so far finding them very amusing. Though a scolding look is sent towards Vierzt. "Hey now, Vierzt, be nice to your sister." Back to Niza! "So cranky. And, uh, nope! Doesn't he have one? He's very handsome."
    ((Since the upstairs is deadtimed, I'm going to leave that alone.))

"Oh yes," Nixa agrees, "that's my brother. The 'pretty boy', though a bit soft. Pretends not to be, but if that blush is anything to judge by... Anyways, I don't think he's got anyone yet, so go ahead." She waves her hand dismissively.

"Well, maybe a tavern isn't a place for a writer, if you have some romantic vision of how writers get food on their plate," Aiden says. "But anyway, I'd been hoping to get a position as a waiter, or maybe a bartender."
    She turns back to face the applicant. "I do believe both positions are open. It's not like there's anyone else here to do them. But seeing as my skin sometimes burns hot enough to ignite flammable substances, why don't you take the bartender job for now?" Not that she'd bring herself to wait tables ever, but she wants to maintain whatever scrap of illusion remains that she's in charge around there.

Besides, if she can ever figure out that infernal golem, she wouldn't need to do anything at all.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-08-02 at 06:56 AM.

29. - Top - End - #179

"...Just like that? No interview or anything?" Aiden is growing a little suspicious. Maybe this place is different from Chicago, but he can't think of anywhere that would just say 'sure, you're hired.'

30. - Top - End - #180

((Cool, I'll edit you in the OP.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,