New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

Map of the land:
    Spoiler
    Show

It has been 70 years since the goddess, Mystra, was slain and her grip on magic was let go, releasing the chaos that is magic onto the world and the planes. Since then, the material plane has been tossed into chaos and the world has become an apocalyptic forest-land, full of changed plants and arcane infused animals. The kingdoms that once were are all gone now, and their people have scattered. Within this turmoil, 5 Ancient Dragons took it upon themselves to create order in this time of chaos. You see, now that magic was released, it changed this, but also infused other things with even more power. Being creatures that are based in magic, the Dragons expected to be stripped of much of their strength. However, the magic had the opposite effect that the dragons thought it would, and they actually got more powerful and more infused with arcane power. Even all the younger dragons and some Dragonborn were strengthened by this. And people flocked to the protection of the dragons, each to his own dragon he agreed with.
    The Five

Spoiler
    Show
    Vala:
    Spoiler
    Show
    First, there was a great gold dragon, named Vala, who was the most powerful of all those that came into their power. He was a giant, even compared to the other dragons, and you just felt the power coming from him. He was a good dragon, however he was not very sympathetic to his subjects, not out of any malice, but just because being so powerful for so long it was hard for him to think on his people’s level. He didn’t pay attention to their feelings any more than you would an ant’s feelings

Infernus:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Then there was a Red that came down from the mountains, named Infernus. Now, he attracted all the evil that was left in the world, and he created his kingdom on the backs of slaves. He and Vala had some history as well and they have had, in the past, might and terrible fights, but never could he best Vala. So when he found out Vala had power he didn’t, he rushed to catch up with the Gold. He now searches for a way to take over all of the land, but as of yet has not found one.

Metherna:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A Silver named Metherna also came to make herself a home for others in which to prosper. Now she was the most “human” of all the dragons and genuinely cared about her subjects and wanted to protect them from not only the chaos that was in the worlds, but also the evils that have come down from other places. She is good in all senses of the word, and is known to spend much time in her human form, interacting with her subjects, taking trips into the towns around the Castle, making sure everyone is doing ok.

Thorn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thorn came out of her great forest home when it tried to eat her. Basically when the magic that was blasted from Mystra came down into the Material plane, it made nature go haywire. So all the plants and animals seemed to take on their own sense of what they wanted, and seemed to have a consciousness. Thorn knew it was time to leave when the great tree she lived in started closing in around her and tried to kill her. She clawed her way out, and started her own kingdom as well. She too is what you might call an evil dragon, but not outwardly evil, like Infernus. Her evil is more subtle, but do not underestimate her, it is there, and she would not hesitate to eat someone who was annoying her.

Tortia:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tortia, the last female of the 5, and the smallest of the dragons(which isn’t saying she is small, she is still an Ancient Dragon) is a Copper. She is neither good nor evil, but opportunistic. She plays both sides and, believe it or not, is the reason why Thorn and Infernus haven’t joined together to try and take on Metherna and Vala, and she knows it. Tortia likes to exploit where she can and LOVES treasure, gold, anything of value really. Her city of Calimport hasn’t really changed since the plague, it is still a den of thieves and thieves’ guilds. She is sly, seductive, and very complicated to deal with. She also likes to stay in human form many times as well, and meddle in other’s business.

Times are very chaotic for the lands, and it seems new magic is popping up every day. There are also new magic users, good and evil, starting to find their powers again and starting to get more powerful. Some of them threaten certain kingdoms, some of them threaten order in general, and some of them are here to help society stay intact. No one can know what the future will bring, and if these magical effects are here to stay, or if they will someone be fixed one day. All you know, is that this is the land you live in now, and it is time to survive and pray to the gods that you can keep the magics contained.
    OOC Thread

Your Beginning

You find yourself walking in to the fantastic port city of Waterdeep. It has changed since the Scarring, since Metherna has taken over. At one point, before, while it wasn't what you would call "run down" it definitely wasn't as grand as it is now. Metherna has turned it into a grand city with nice, new shiny buildings and a booming economy, despite these hard times. Metherna has used her power and wealth to bring prosperity to her kingdom, and it shows. You all wander to the castle, clutching a letter, summoning you before the Queen. While you are not forced to come, obviously, it still isn't wise to deny a Dragon. So here you find yourself. You arrive to the castle, show them you invite, and the guards show you to the front door. There you meet a servant, Arnold, and he shows you to a waiting chamber. You are not sure what is going to happen yet, and then others start occupying the same chamber. At last there are 5 of you sitting in the same room, eye each other with confusion and wonder, questioning what is going on here......
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2013-02-10 at 09:59 AM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

Mai-Sal Stormchaser, Genasi Mage

Though Mai had traveled far and wide throughout the Realms, never had she been an invited guest of Waterdeep's great silver dragon queen, Metherna. When Mai showed the letter to Tortia (she didn't dare keep such an important development a secret from her master, but she didn't relish the thought of informing her either), she couldn't tell whether Tortia was furious or delighted that her protegé had been summoned by name to a rival dragon's seat of power.

Mai was permitted leave to go, that at least was never really in doubt, and after a long, arduous journey up from Calimport the storm mage made it to Waterdeep. The place was incredible, moreso than she had remembered from her only previous visit, though she hadn't been to Castle Waterdeep that time. This palace is amazing, she thought as she took in the scenery, none too perturbed at being made to keep waiting.

Mai is very clearly a genasi, a djinn-blooded one at that, with quartz crystalline "hair" and indigo skin criscrossed by lighter amethyst energy lines. Her clothes are in the fashion of Calimshan, with flowing garments open enough to allow one's skin to breathe in the heat, though beneath that is visible an inner layer of sturdier clothing laced with violet crystalline material that shimmers slightly. She walks with a thin metallic staff capped by a topaz-colored gemstone. A faint smell of ozone follows her wherever she goes, hinting at the storm of energy contained within her.

She offers a simple "Hello" as others--presumably summoned just like she had been--begin to enter. She observes each one keenly and quietly.
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2012-06-23 at 05:57 PM.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Whose the officer's wife that I shagged to be stuck in a room with these freaks?"

Lucius thought as his patience wore thin. He received this letter with important business and it wasn't even military? No one got ranks by community service.

This dragon better have some real fun in store.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the sweet avatar.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Infernion stalks around the room. His strange, back bending legs add a powerful grace to his stride. The massive wings are folded tightly against his back as his seven foot tall body continues to pace. The thick red scales are polished and shine brightly in the light.

Tendrils of smoke peal from the great red nostrils as Infernion thinks. What does Metherna want with me? How could she want anything but to destroy me? For her, to look upon me is to see Infernus! Who are these other creatures, does she wish them all dead? They are quite a powerful lot.

Infernion stares in turn at each of the others gathered, trying to measure their worth. Infernion's gaze is one of power and hunger. His ruby eyes engage those of each gathered, issuing an unspoken challenge of authority.

The elemental is powerful no doubt. She is so calm for one of storm.

The human is quite yet the confidence rolls from him. I would not wish to test myself against that one. I suspect he is the better of any here, with a blade of course Infernion smiles at the though of being able to roast the human alive.

A Devil Knight! What are They doing here? Why is Metherna allying with the Infernal Ones?

The woodsman seems out of place in this opulent room. I doubt there are none that can match his skill with the bow and woodcraft though.
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-06-24 at 11:22 AM.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ewin stands in the corner of the opulent waiting room, reflecting how he got to be at this place.
    His black eyes move slowly as his thoughts go back to the day when he received the letter.
    He hadn't been in Waterdeep for more than a month, when a messenger handed him the note - apparently handwritten by the dragon queen - requesting his presence. This was surprising, as he had tried not to call too much attention upon him. As far as this was possible for a tiefling at least.
    So what makes the dragon take interest in my fate?
    Maybe she knows about the events along the dragon coast..

He shakes his head slightly, realizing that this train of thought would lead nowhere.

The other figures waiting with him were more interesting anyways.

A most diverse collection of creatures, the tiefling thought to himself.
    An apparently foul-mouthed human, almost as heavily armed as himself.
    An elf woman that appeared to be still young - although Ewin was never good in estimating the age of fey creatures.
    And a dragonborn, whose scales had a similar tone as his own skin, only more vibrant, was walking up and down the room, seizing up the rest of the visitors.
    Red scales? Does the silver dragon try to form an alliance with Infernus? Is that how she knows about me? Ewin's thoughts became clouded with suspicion. He would have to keep a good eye on this one.

"Hello!"

The word that broke the silence also disrupted Ewin's growing paranoia. A blue-skinned figure entered the room, a genasi, as the soldier remembered.
    Somehow I've got the feeling that there is something big going on here..
    He nods towards the genasi, but does not speak.
    He doesn't know what is going on, and he sure as hell won't ask.
    And so he waits.
    Because whatever a dragon has to say.. it almost always is worth listening to.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Evalie sits, looking around at the assembled people, curious as to why Metherna is calling the others alongside her, but not too worried.

She smiles, replying to the genasi. "Hello there. My name's Evalie."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Mai returns Evalie's smile with one of her own.

"Hi Evalie, my name's Mai-Sal but please, call me Mai,", she replies in the common language of the North, without a hint of an accent. Pulling a chair over by the elven girl and taking a seat as well, she continues. "Quite the diverse company she's called together. Is this to be an embassy, I wonder?"
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2012-06-25 at 07:45 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Evalie thinks. "Possible, she's sent me to accompany a diplomatic mission before... but we'll have to wait and see. Metherna always has something interesting, though."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

All

As you all wait for whatever it is that Metherna summoned you for, servants bring by food and drinks, offering you refreshments. They even go so far as to bring you by your own wash bowls, so that you may wash any dirt and grime of the road off of you. Even with all the niceties being brought to you, you still wait.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Mai perks up a bit at Evalie's comment.

"You speak with some familiarity. What is Metherna like to work for, if I may inquire?" she asks, still smiling.
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2012-06-25 at 07:46 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um. I'm not the best measure of what she's like to work for, because I'm probably closer to her personally than anyone else she has doing my job."

Evalie isn't boasting about that fact, her voice matter-of-fact about it rather than overly proud. "She's always been fair to me, though."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Well now, that's interesting. There's a story in that, no doubt, but best save it for later, Mai thinks to herself.

She smiles and nods at Evalie. "I see. Well that is good to hear, considering we're likely to be offered a dangerous job of some sort. You do tracking work for her, I assume?"
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2012-06-25 at 07:47 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Ewin

A servant comes to you and says, "Will you follow me please, Sir Ewin. Only Sir Ewin." He leads you to a room that makes the rest of the kingdom look like a hovel. It is a glorious room full of paintings, tapestries, statues, suits of armor, and other glorious, and shiny, things. It is a great hall, and at the back, center of it you see a throne that is, of course, a wonder to behold. In said throne, you see one of the most beautiful women you have ever seen, in a robe of silk cloth. She has hair blacker than anything you have ever seen, with eyes that seem to shine in the light, much as a shined silver necklace would. You walk up to her and she looks at you, up and down, and says, Hmm, not quite as "evil" as I thought you would look." Ending her sentence with a sly, yet nice, smile.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Evalie

A servant comes and asks, "Would you come with me, Ms. Evalie?" Having known her for quite some time, the servant has a more intimate tone with Evalie, but not too familiar. He leads her into a hall she as been in many times before. He bows to the Queen and then leaves, leaving only Evalie and Metherna alone together. "So," she says, "You must be wondering why I summoned you this time."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Infernion

The servant once again walks into the chamber and announces, Sir Infernion, would you please follow me." By this time the pattern is clear, Metherna is taking every person in personally and talking to them. He leads you to a room that makes the rest of the kingdom look like a hovel. It is a glorious room full of paintings, tapestries, statues, suits of armor, and other glorious, and shiny, things. It is a great hall, and at the back, center of it you see a throne that is, of course, a wonder to behold. In said throne, you see one of the most beautiful women you have ever seen, in a robe of silk cloth. She has hair blacker than anything you have ever seen, with eyes that seem to shine in the light, much as a shined silver necklace would. The Queen looks at you and says, "Well, Infernus sure did a good job constructing you. I have heard of such things happening to the lesser of our race, but I have never seen what the outcome was, for it isn't exactly that most good of rituals to perform on your subjects. I also hear you have a price on your head," she ends with a wry smile.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Mai-Sal

The servant calls for Mai-Sal, and she then follow him. He leads you to a room that makes the rest of the kingdom look like a hovel. It is a glorious room full of paintings, tapestries, statues, suits of armor, and other glorious, and shiny, things. It is a great hall, and at the back, center of it you see a throne that is, of course, a wonder to behold. In said throne, you see one of the most beautiful women you have ever seen, in a robe of silk cloth. She has hair blacker than anything you have ever seen, with eyes that seem to shine in the light, much as a shined silver necklace would. Arnold leaves the chamber with a bow, and the Queen just stares into you. She stares at you for along while and says, "Should I be worried about the apprentice of my *ahem* ally?
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-06-25 at 12:06 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Lucius

Lastly, Arnold walks in and calls, Mr. Hook, you are summoned." He leads you to a room that makes the rest of the kingdom look like a hovel. It is a glorious room full of paintings, tapestries, statues, suits of armor, and other glorious, and shiny, things. It is a great hall, and at the back, center of it you see a throne that is, of course, a wonder to behold. In said throne, you see one of the most beautiful women you have ever seen, in a robe of silk cloth. She has hair blacker than anything you have ever seen, with eyes that seem to shine in the light, much as a shined silver necklace would. Arnold leaves and Metherna looks hard into Lucius' eyes. Normally the proud warrior wouldn't turn his gaze from anything, but there is only so much eye contact you can have with a Dragon before you must look away. Once Lucius glances away for a second, the Queen speaks. "You are a brave and worthy fighter, Lucius. As you put you are the toughest mother ****** in the lands. This party will need that pride and fortitude in its quest."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Evalie smiles at the dragon warmly. "Yes, I was."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Now you hold on a minute! I didn't agree to any quest and I sure didn't agree to be unitized with...them!"

Lucius boldly stepped closer to the lady, his voice deepening and decreasing his volume.

"You want a letter delivered or a sacred herd of cows rescued from One-Eyed Pete, you call someone else. You want some big business taken care of? You call my comrades. You call an army. And you put me on the front lines."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ewin

As he enters the great hall, Ewin's eyes widen a bit at the opulent decoration.
    He moves towards the throne, standing at attention at a reasonable distance, and gives a slight bow.
    The woman sitting on the throne surely could be no other than Metherna herself.
    Dragons were known for their ability to change their shape, but even Ewin had to admit that this one definitely had a good taste.
    Not that he would ever comment on this.
    A black eyebrow raises slightly as the dragon looks at him, and he could almost feel her judging his appearance.

"Likewise", he answers. Remembering a certain amount of civility, he quickly adds:
    "..mylady."

After a short pause, he continues, holding up the letter in his right hand:
    "But let me ask - what is the purpose of this invitation?
    I assume there is a problem that needs solving, and by the look of those outside, you seem to expect less-than-friendly circumstances.
    But why me, and why brief us separately?"
    Currently playing:
    Davion, Tiefling Illusionist - The Goddess Liberators
    Ewin, Tiefling Paladin - The Five of the Realm (FR)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Evalie

Smiling back at Evalie warmly she starts, "Most of the time you are quite enough to take care of any probelms we have in our lands, you or any of my not quite as powerful....problem-solvers," she adds a wink for Evalie and smiles with the complement Metherna gives her. "There is a cult in the Werewood, just south of here, that has popped up. We aren't sure what they are doing, but considering they are of Asmodeus it cannot be very good. Vala told me of this cult, for he is the one that found them, and I said I would take care of it, he is always so busy. We do not know what they are up to, so we need this information. Once you have it, then you may...dispose of them."
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-06-25 at 08:47 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Ewin

"Ewin," she states after a longer than normal pause, "Tiefling of a family of merchants turned into a Paladin of Asmodeus..... with which she trails off and get up from her throne, walking towards him.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-06-25 at 08:47 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Mai sat patiently, containing her mild annoyance at having to wait for her turn, and when it finally came she ambled into the great hall, trying to take in the magnificent sights in what few fleeting moments she had--the most magnificent of all of course being the queen seated upon her throne. Mai bowed before her respectfully and awaited what Metherna would say, but when nothing but an intense, searching stare greeted her Mai could not help but shrink a bit. She knows...but of course she knows, she thought to herself, before straightening up after Metherna finally broke the silence.

"My compliments," the genasi mage responded in as perfect Draconic as her palate could manage, with a respectful nod to her hostess. "Even the most beneficent queens must have their eyes everywhere. I will not pretend I am harmless, Lady Metherna, but I am here at your request and, I should add, under orders from my master to treat you with the fullness of respect I would normally grant her. Is that satisfactory, my lady?" she asks genuinely.
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2012-06-25 at 08:36 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Lucius

Quicker than he can seem to react, Metherna flies off her seat, seeming to fly through the air, and lands right in front of Lucius. When she speaks, it is not loud but a whisper. However this whisper carries with it more power than even Lucius has heard from a voice. "You dare speak to a Queen in such a way? Do not think me a meek woman just because I am in a form similar to your own, I could tear you apart in this very throne room before you even blinked, little man. I may be a tolerant and good Queen, but there is only so much even I will take. Now, have a seat, Sir Hook." As she finishes, a servant runs in with a chair and sets it next to Lucius and runs back out again. "I have asked you hear to do some business for myself and Lord Vala. We have found a cult of Asmodeus in the Werewoods and we need someone to take them out for us. An army is too much, and one person is too little. I need a strong group of hearty fighters to go there, and deal with them. However we do not know what they are up to either, so we need this information as well. Once you have it, then you may...dispose of them. You will be paid handsomely for your service as well. If you do not with to accept this quest from a King and Queen, then so be it," Metherna then turns around and looks at Lucius and he sees silver flames in her eyes and thinks he might have seen some smoke come from her nostrils, ",but if you ever talk to me in such a way in my own throne room in my own kingdom, don't expect to leave in more than one piece."
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-06-25 at 09:05 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Smiling a bit more than she ought to because of hearing her native language, the Queen answers Mai in Draconic, "Very nice, no doubt to win my favor, still smiling, but more knowingly this time, "but it is nice to hear none-the-less. No doubt taught to you by my ally in the dessert. But I am glad you came and accept my invitation. As shaky as our alliance is sometimes, Tortia and I do agree on one thing, all-out Evil outside our own fights of Kings and Queens we do not tolerate. There is a cult of Asmodeus in the Werewoods and we need them gone. However we do not know what they are up to either, so we need this information as well. Once you have it, then you may...dispose of them. Can I count on you to help me in this endeavor? Feel free to contact Tortia if need be, I have already explain why I called her apprentice to me as you made the journey over.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-06-25 at 11:44 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Evalie

The elf thinks after listening to one of the closest things she has to a mother figure. "Hmmmm... do we have any other information going in? Or just the approximate location?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Evalie

"As of right now, all we know that they are there and some of their numbers. We know there are 5-6 cultists at least, but not sure what they are doing. They have done a good job of hiding themselves from us."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ewin

The reveal did not come as a surprise, as Ewin had already expected the dragon queen to be well informed. Nonetheless, it made him slightly less comfortable in his skin right now.
    "I did not expect word of my ..actions to spread so far.
    Although your informants might not know enough, milady.
    I have no ties to the lord of the Nine Hells. Not anymore."

He frowns, clacking his index finger against one of the small horns along his jawline. As the Queen came closer, his thoughts began to race. What was it the dragon wanted?
    Currently playing:
    Davion, Tiefling Illusionist - The Goddess Liberators
    Ewin, Tiefling Paladin - The Five of the Realm (FR)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Ewin

Hearing him trying to explain himself amused Metherna for some reason. She walked up very close to him, circled around him and was quiet for what felt like to Ewin for forever. Finally, the Queen ended her walk around him in front of him and looked him right in the eye, and smiled. "You need not fear me, son of devils. I had no hatred for the Tieflings. And I do know of your exploits, good and bad. I know of your missing family, and that they are the reason you went into his service in the first place, and that you search for them still." She walks back to her throne and sits down. "I am not certain why you still have your powers, but you have done right by these lands by helping people when you can, and that I respect. I need of your services and I think you will agree to my proposal. There is a cult in the Werewoods. Vala and I are not sure as to what, exactly, they are doing but we would like to find out. Your task would be to figure this out and then wipe them out, though remember we need to know what it is they are doing there, and if there are more. Will you do this?" She pauses for a moment, "Oh, and I forgot to mention, the memebers of this cult worship.......Asmodeus." She ends with a knowing look and a one corner of her mouth curled up in a smirk.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-06-25 at 11:45 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lucius was indeed intimidated by testing the fair Silver Queens's ire but he displayed no outward sign of fear. Commanded to sit, he did just that and listened to the matter at hand.

"Well forgive me, my queen," adding a mock bow and clearly learning respect, "But for thirty one years, I've watched family and friends fear the one thing outside these castle walls that could spell doom for us, and it's bigger than my house with teeth and scales. Now you mean well now, I understand, but I know what this..."Spellplague" did to your kind. And a large part of my nation is under your control. You know what they say about absolute power? How long till I'm fighting you, or Vala like we are Ol' Fire and Brimstone? I've learned that it doesn't take evil intention to make a villain."

Lucius rose from his seat and grabbed the chair.

"Nevertheless, I'll take the job. Been itching to test the new gear I got and it may as well be on some brittle-boned Devil-lovers. Oh...and the good of the land and all."

He forcefully handed the chair towards the servant and returned to the room he was originally waiting in.
    Last edited by Rausdower; 2012-06-25 at 11:03 AM.