New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

Mai-Sal

"I'll go, too. I can be very quiet when I wish to be," Mai whispers, before adding with a smirk, "Plus, if things turn sour, I can at least slow them down before you men boldly come to our rescue."

Spoiler
    Show

She's not kidding either, Mai-Sal's Sneak is +16. Yay for being an assassin.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dak, who has been walking with his hands under his cloak thus far, crouches and peers through whatever plantlife impedes his vision in order to see what might be in the clearing, without getting too close or needing any sort of stealthy movements.

What IS it, what IS it... he whispers over and over.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+16)[36]
    Arcane check to see if any strong magic is in the area, and if so, what the source might be: (1d20+17)[36]

Dak turns to the rest of the group and whispers, Strange men jumping! JUMPING. Chaanting. Many dead people on ground. And strangeSTRANGE magic...calling something...
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-07-26 at 08:57 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123

PirateCaptain

Infernion

"Bah! The Devils are summoning something. We have to stop it now or face whatever comes through."

Infernion moves quickly to the edge of the clearing, hoping the others follow. He tries to move as quietly as he can.

Stealth: (1d20+8)[18](26)
    Perception: 15
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-07-26 at 11:09 AM.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ewin

The tiefling found himself - to his own surprise! - agreeing with the impulsive dragonborn. As quietly as possible, he draws his sword from the sheath and prepares himself for the oncoming fight.
    Although he had not exchanged a single word with the newest member of the group, he expected the gith to lack the mental clarity to lure them into a trap.

He whispers:
    "Mordai are unpredictable, and to wait longer would be dangerous. We should strike fast and hard."
    With a face showing traces of regret, he adds:
    "And try to catch a couple of them alive. I want answers."
    Currently playing:
    Davion, Tiefling Illusionist - The Goddess Liberators
    Ewin, Tiefling Paladin - The Five of the Realm (FR)

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lucius

"Never thought I'd say this, but I'm with Red. The more time we spend tiptoeing around them, the more time they have to bring some ninth-layer best friend around for us to meet. I lead the charge and all of you follow behind."
    Last edited by Rausdower; 2012-07-26 at 05:51 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the sweet avatar.

6. - Top - End - #126

In one motion Dak stands straight up, throwing both hands in the air, his cloak revealing what was once covered:

-Seemingly as a reaction to the cloak being thrown back, a hinged mechanism activates, reading a massive crossbow that was once hidden, strapped to Dak's back. Upon taking hold of the crossbow, the mechanism retreats to a belt holster.

-The crossbow is a work of art. Covered in dials, switches, and levers, the wielder of this weapon can meticulously adjust how powerful the bolt fired from the weapon can be. Adorning the top of the crossbow is a finely-tuned scope.

-Suspenders criss-cross a leather jerkin covering his upper body, and covering each pectoral is a blue glowing disk of arcane energy that looks like it could be easily and accurately hurled through the air.

-Covering his arms are thin leather bracers that crackle with energy. They appear to rocket anything leaving Dak at a higher rate of speed than normal. His hands wear gloves with the fingertips removed, presumably to aid when pulling the trigger as well as giving him greater touch when healing someone.

-Around his neck hangs a medallion of a dragon, sparkling with arcane power.

At once, a sinister grin crosses his face. Dak aim true! Dak hope all foes DEAD before you reach! HEHeheheHE.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

As soon as Dak reveals what was hiding under his cloak, you hear monstrous, blood-curdling screams, that seem to come from all of the "dancers" at once, and a red beam, with the circumference of the clearing, seems to come out of the ground, and shoots into the sky, but doesn't seem to hurt anything or anybody. When the beam dissipates, you hear nothing but the sounds of the night, and the fire crackling.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Evalie

During the events earlier, Evalie mostly watched and listened. As the beam of light shoots into the sky, she gets her bow out, and nocks and arrow, before scanning the clearing after it clears.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (d10+16)[19]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Infernion

When the beam comes up you notice that you, too, light up a bit and some of the light touches you. It doesn't hurt, or even feel like anything, physically. When it touches you, you notice that it seems as all the bad things that have every happened to you come flooding to the front of your memory, and whatever joy you have inside is gone.

As soon as the beam is done, you look up where the crazed enemies are, still slightly illuminated, and you lock eyes with a human you hadn't seen before. You stare at each other for a few seconds and then.......

ALL

......everyone hears a booming voice, "INTRUDERS!! THEY ARE IN THE TREES!! PROTECT THE HIGH PRIEST WITH YOUR LIVES!!!"

Spoiler
    Show
    If that didn't clue you in, initiative
    the order will be up soon. I'll roll everyone's, just simpler that way. As soon as I get an order, we will start comabt and I'll make another IC post.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

ROUND 1

The other human that was guarding the opening immediately sees Infernion, crouched. He runs up to get a better look, firing a crossbow at him, trying to hit him. Some of the crazed, oddly shaped, followers jump into action as well. A couple of them see Infernion and run towards him, clawing at him as they reach him. But the other two don't seem to spot him, wandering in different directions. The other sentry moves from his position, the one who called the alarm, and takes aim not at Infernion, but into the woods behind him, seeing if Infernion is alone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    HM2
    Move - to P8
    Standard - Crossbow vs AC on Infernion (1d20+18)[8](26)
    Damage - (2d8+11)[3][2](16)

CC1.3
    Move - to I12
    Standard - Claw vs AC (1d20+17)[18]
    Damage - 8 damage, ongoing 5

CC3.3
    Move - to K12
    Standard - Claw vs AC (1d20+17)[25]

HM1
    Move - to I5
    Standard - Crossbow vs AC on Dak (1d20+13)[16](29) (-5 Included)
    Damage - (2d8+11)[7][4](22)

So doing combat slightly different this time. Going to group all of you guys together, and put some enemies before and after you in the round. I will give 24 hours to post during your turn, after that you will be on delay. If you happen no to be able to post by the end of the round, the round will start over and you will keep your place. The next round, you can pick up with your turn. We will see how this works. Make any knowledge checks for these guys you can make. I'll say that religion, nature, history, and arcana might be of good use. But make any knowledge checks you want to make, as long as you are trained in them.

For your turns like last time, since you are grouped up together, you don't have to go in the specific order on the map. Also, don't forget to check your rolls and fill in your damage on the tracker!
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-07-26 at 11:10 PM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

11. - Top - End - #131

Dak sees Infernion creep up to the treeline and sees one of the enemies take aim at him. Seeking to disrupt his attack and bolster his ally's defenses, he lets loose an electric bolt.

Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate Interrupt: Shocking Feedback against the attack coming from HM2, before the CC.3s.

Trigger: An enemy hits and deals damage to one of your allies with an attack

(1d20+20)[28] vs. AC for (2d10+11)[5][7](23) lightning damage. If I hit, the ally gains resist 5 all until the end of my next turn (negating 10 damage done to him.)

Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-07-26 at 11:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

Dak lets loose cackling laughter as the bolt strikes true, filling the enemy's bolt with energy. Upon striking Infernion, it appears to deflect off of his armor a bit and causes the dragonborn to shimmer with a warding glow. One claw attack whiffs while the other still strikes his ally but doesn't seem to be as effective.

Dak shouts out, Dak kill the hirelings! They do not worship! Standing in front of his allies, he aims his crossbow at the same mercenary who shot at Infernion. Magic swirls around the bolt as he fires, then coats Dak's nearby allies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move from K15 to M14
    Standard: Greater Magic Weapon against HM2, (1d20+23)[35] vs. AC for (2d10+11)[9][3](23) damage. Hit or miss, Evalie, Ewin and Mai all gain a +4 to attack rolls and damage rolls until the start of my next turn. (AKA feel free to crack encounters, action points, etc! Let's mop up these small fries before the big guy comes...)
    HM1 and HM2 are human mercenaries. They wear pendants around their neck.

The effects of the shot empower the genasi, elf, and tiefling's weaponry so much so that their next attacks will strike truer and harder.
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-07-27 at 12:08 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Time to say hi!", the fighter yelled as he charged through the green into the thick of foes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge to J11 and use threatening rush on CC4.2, i'll eat the oa's.

(1d20+20)[37] vs AC
    (1d10+3)[6] damage and I mark all adjacent enemies.

14. - Top - End - #134

PirateCaptain

Infernion
    description pending if the targets are minons.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Curse 1.3, 3.3
    Move: J13 to J12 - provokes OA from 1.3, 3.3 - Lucius can make MBA if they attack Infernion
    Standard: Infectious Curse vs CC4.3 (Provokes OA if 1.3, 3.3 did not take it before)
    Attack: (1d20+19)[3](22) vs FORT = Miss
    Miss: By choosing to take psychic damage equal to 5 + one-half your level, you do not expend this power and you gain a +4 power bonus to the attack roll with this power against the same target before the end of your next turn. You cannot reduce the damage you take in any way.
    Action Point!
    37 vs FORT, 20 damage, slide 3 to K9
    -1.3, 3.3 take 10 Fire and Acid damage from Action point feature
    Save vs Damage: FAIL

NOTE: 1.2, 2.2, 3.2, 4.2 will all be cursed when their turn starts
    NOTE II: the missing roll is the damage roll for the Missed attack. I guess i should have just left it in, sorry.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-07-27 at 01:13 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ewin

With the element of surprise lost, Ewin moves forward to clear the right flank.
    On his mental command, the iron longsword in his right hand begins to glow in a dim reddish hue that nearly matches his skin color.
    In a swift move, he stabs towards the stomach of the nearest cultist, putting his weight behind the strike.

And as always: everybody gets a +1 shield bonus to AC, thanks to the Devout Protector feat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Move to M12

Minor Action: Activate Bradaman's Sword: Until the end of the encounter, Divine Challenge can target 2 creatures.

Standard Action: Righteous Smite vs. CC2.3
    Attack vs. AC - (1d20+24)[27]
    On Hit: Damage - (2d8+12)[19]
    Ewin and each ally within 5 squares gains 9 temp. HP.
    Currently playing:

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Lucius

You charge past the crazed humans, but you lets your defenses drop in doing so, and they see the opening....and take advantage of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two Claw Attacks on you
    1.3 - (1d20+17)[5](22)
    Damage - 8 Damage, ongoing 5

3.3 - (1d20+17)[20](37)

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Infernion

As you shoot at the foe a little ways away, you leave your defenses open, and both the humans that hit Lucius swipe at you as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Two claw attacks, before they get killed.
    1.3 - (1d20+17)[10](27)
    Damage - 8 damage

3.3 - (1d20+17)[16](33)
    Damage - 8 damage

You are already taking ongoing, they don't stack.

Mai and Evalie are up!
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-07-27 at 09:40 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Mai grins at the cultists, who are so neatly packed together for her. She claps her staff and orb together again, focusing onto the end of her staff another ball of electric energy, which she tosses straight at a cultist on the left side of the clearing. The ball explodes in a large blast of lightning, searing anyone who comes into contact with it.

Spoiler
    Show

Shock Sphere centered at I-7, area burst 2 vs. Reflex (taking into account the +4 from Dak)
    CC1.1: (1d20+21)[26]
    CC2.1: (1d20+21)[31]
    CC3.1: (1d20+21)[33]
    CC4.1: (1d20+21)[23]
    HM1: (1d20+21)[33]
    CC1.2: (1d20+21)[28]
    CC2.2 (1d20+21)[29]

(2d6+15)[22] lightning damage, half damage on a miss (so minions are auto-killed).

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Evalie breathes in and out for a moment, readying herself for the coming battle, before dashing out of the trees, an arrow speeding at both of the cultists closest to her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Activating Skirmishing Stance, before moving and activating Twin Strike to hit CC3.2 and CC2.3.

Attack 1: (d20+14)[29]
    Attack 2: (d20+14)[27]

Damage 1: (1d10+6)[14]
    Damage 2: (1d10+6)[9]

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

Mai's ball of lightning gets thrown in the middle of the crazed humans. As it explodes, it burns the flesh from their bones, turning them into nothing more than smoking piles of bones and gore. Evalie rushes out of the forest, shooting at two of the three left, but her movements seem to give the remaining crazies time to just dodge her arrows. Then they, along with one of the mercenaries and the other crazy, attack again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Move - J10
    Standard - Claw VS Ac on Lucius (1d20+17)[13](30)
    Damage - 8 dmg
    Move - L10
    Standard - Claw VS Ac Evalie (1d20+17)[8](25)
    Damage - 8 dmg

Top of the Round
    HM2
    Standard - Crossbow VS AC on Evalie (1d20+18)[20](38)
    Damage - (1d20+11)[10](21)
    Standard - Claw VS Ac Ewin (1d20+17)[9](26)
    Damage - 8 dmg
    HM1
    Standard - Crossbow VS AC on Lucius (1d20+18)[14](32)
    Damage - (1d20+11)[15](26)

Aaaaaaaand, you guys' turn!!

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

21. - Top - End - #141

Dak, Immediate Interrupt

Dak sees the human crossbow-wielder aim true at his elven friend. Rotating a dial located on his belt, a blast of arcane energy intercepts the shot, slowing it down and coating Evalie with healing at the point of impact.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Energy Conversion as an immediate interrput to help Evalie gain resist 9 against the incoming attack. This effectively grants her 9 additional hitpoints. After the damage is resolved, Evalie gains 9 THP.

I will heal Evalie from 52 to 61 HP, and grant her 9 THP on the sheet.

Seems as good a time as any to use this...

22. - Top - End - #142

Dak
    After freeing Evalie from a bit of pain, Dak adjusts a lever on his crossbow and nocks another bolt. Upon being loaded, the bolt is infused with arcane electricity. Dak aims true and fires.

He then shouts out, Not see me! as he drops to his belly, preparing to shimmy around the tall grass. Peeking through the brush, he can still clearly see his enemies.

Spoiler
    Show

Move:Drop prone to protect against oncoming bolt attacks.
    Standard: Arc Infusion against HM2.

(1d20+20)[27] for (1d10+11)[12] lightning damage.

Since I hit, Infernion can make a saving throw with a +4 bonus. (get 'er done in the OOC). If you save, the target takes an additional 5 lightning damage and is dazed. But since he didn't save, he will take the ongoing damage as normal :(

Upon striking the enemy, the bolt unleashes a crackle of lightning meant to be aimed at Infernion. However, it misses, striking a nearby tree in two as Infernion is slightly wounded more from the enemies' attacks before.
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-07-30 at 11:43 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143

PirateCaptain

Infernion

The red spreads his wings wide, and with a single sweep, springs into the air and glides to a spot next to the massive fire. His scales glow like coals on the flight and as he lands, smoke billows out of his hide, obscuring him from view.

A giant, spectral claw grabs the cultist and crushes the frail body. The crunch of broken bone is audible. The had hurls the man towards Ewin and Evalie. "I hope you can finish what I started" growls Infernion, his eyes already finding the last remaining infernal coward.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Start of Turn: Take 5 damage
    Move: Fly to M6 by most direct route, gaining altitude when possible. If I can avoid OAs that is great. If not, thats fine.
    Gain concealment via ShadowWalk
    Minor: Curse HM1, HM2
    Standard: Diabolic Grasp vs HM2
    Attack: (1d20+20)[20](40) vs FORT (+16, +1 Prime Shot, +2 CA, +1 Silver Dragon bonus)
    Damage: (2d8+11)[2][1](14)+(3d8)[1][5][4](10)

CRIT! 60 damage and slide HM2 to L12
    Save vs Ongoing (1d20)[10](10)

NOTE: If Infernion s hit by any opportunity attacks he will take the Pact boon when HM2 is bloodied, otherwise he will leave the curse on him.
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-07-30 at 11:59 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lucius saw no challenge in this Infernal-tongued weakling, he bashes the human aside with his shield and sprints with a rage-fueled cry toward the stronger individual. His hammer came down swiftly on the other person with the momentum of the motion aiding him in the blow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move - Pass forward to J9
    Standard - Charge at HM1 on I6, provoke OA
    (1d20+20)[28]
    (1d10+8)[12]

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Lucius

Seeing a gap in his tight defenses, the crazed zealot next to Lucius claws at him.
    Spoiler
    Show

OA - (1d20+17)[4](21)
    Damage - 8 dmg

Ewin, Evalie, and Mai still to go!
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-07-31 at 09:06 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Mai grinned, still seeing a number of cultists and one of their apparent leaders before her. She raised her staff and sonic blasts immediately went out from it, one aimed at each hostile within several paces of her.

Spoiler
    Show

Beguiling Strands, friendly close blast 5 between J10-N14, vs. Will:
    HM2: (1d20+18)[22]
    CC4.1: (1d20+18)[24]
    CC3.2: (1d20+18)[27]
    CC2.3: (1d20+18)[29]
    Hit: 13 psychic and thunder damage and the target is pushed 5 squares. For HM2 I believe that would be G7 if it hits.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ewin

Ewin barely had time to react as Infernion's spell threw the bloodied man next to him. Purely on instinct, his left arm straightened in a backhanded shield bash, followed up by a quick strike with his longsword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Valorous Smite vs. HM2
    Attack vs. AC - (1d20+21)[22]
    Hit: Damage - (2d8+8)[20]
    Each enemy within 3 squares (HM2 + CC4.1) is subject to divine sanction until the end of Ewin's next turn.

Minor Action: Call of Challenge
    Each target within 3 squares (HM2 + CC4.1) is target to divine sanction until the end of next turn.

Move Action: Shift to N11
    (+1 to AC and Ref until the end of next turn)
    Last edited by Ascy; 2012-08-01 at 12:19 PM.
    Currently playing:

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Evalie scowls, drawing her sword and dealing a punishing blow to the cultist next to her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Finishing Cut on HM2.

To hit: (d20+13)[32]

Damage: (2d8+4)[8]
    I think he's bloodied, but in case he isn't and I'm just tired, I'll roll the 'if bloodied' damage of Finishing Cut seperately: (2d8)[11]

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

Mai takes another two cultists out with her magics, and Evalie takes out her sword, slashing at the mercenary that had been pulled into the fray, killing him by creating a great gash in his chest.

The last cultist, as a last ditch effort, charges Lucius, clawing at Lucius with his unusually long, and tough, fingernails. The other man standing, the last merc, takes a step back from Lucius and runs into the opening after seeing his counterpart slain, which at this close a range, you can tell is an opening that leads down to somewhere.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    CC4.1
    Standard - Charge Lucius to I7 (1d20+19)[19](38)
    Damage - 8 dmg, 5 ongoing (save ends)

HM1
    Move - Shift to J4
    Standard to Move - Goes through the opening.

You guys are up!

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

30. - Top - End - #150

With only one target remaining, Dak crawls close to Mai. Pushing a button on his crossbow that has seen much wear, he fires another bolt at the remaining enemy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Magic Weapon against CC4.1, (1d20+21)[34] vs. AC, if I hit, Mai gets a +1 to attack rolls and a +4 to damage rolls EONT.