New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

Kadaith

The big man shook his head as the drow and the genasi prepared to head down the passage with a reckless disregard for common sense. Unlike these seeming scholars that surround him, he was unlearned, but he was not a fool. Those tend to die in his line of work, and whilst he cared little for his current companions, it would be problematic if his companions got themselves killed.

"10 gold says that there are more traps about. Another 10 says that those runes are it. If I've gotten the pulse of these devils, a few paltry illusions that can be broken with a good shout won't be end of it. But of course, feel free to carry on."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

You all take a few minutes, looking at the hallway for traps, as well as trying to decipher the markings, pictures, and Hieroglyphs on the walls. Arya stalks down the tunnel a bit, with Mai following closely, albeit noisier, looking for anything that might want to rear its ugly head and cause them harm. After about 10 minutes of looking, searching, and researching you all hear something. A shuddering, loud, screeching screams echos down the tunnel. It almost sounds inhuman......but you do know it is quite creepy and horrible sounding.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dak, appearing to walk on all fours but with his cloak covering all exposed limbs, moves forward at a walking pace past Arya, Mai, and Kadaith. Evil is near...Mother will be SO HAPPY to see Dak grow strong...follow Dak if you too seek strength. With the last sentence, Dak's voice turns raspy, as if he's determined to silence the screams of whatever lies ahead.

Spoiler
    Show
    I think we've done all the searching we can do. If a rune blows me up, so be it, lol. But just in case, one more Perception - (1d20+17)[18] down the hallway as we draw closer to the source of the shriek.

4. - Top - End - #304

PirateCaptain

Infernion

As before, Infernion's frustration, rage, and pure curiosity get the better of him. "Something is happening! Let us put an end to this madness now!"

The red strides forth, parallel with Dak. His claws grip the rods of death tightly, each glowing fiercely with power.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

As Dak and Infernion stormed ahead, Mai paused and waited for Ewin to approach, stopping and pulling him aside as soon as he does.

"What you said, right before you opened the last gateway, for what it's worth I believe you," she said in a low tone of voice, as sympathetic as she could manage at this point. "But, I think you know where it is we are and, maybe, why the devils are here. This is an ancient temple to the King of Hell, perhaps the most ancient in the Realms, is it not? Was it not in a place such as this that the followers of the Nine attempted to summon their lord and master into our world?"
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

6. - Top - End - #306
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Arya

Are these fools seriously just traipsing through an entrance to the Nine Hells? Arya keeps moving forward, one flank lightly touching the wall. He freezes in place when the scream comes from down the hallway, waiting to move again until the echoes have died. He lets Dak and Infernion take the lead and watches Infernion with half-closed eyes. That dragon...so eager to serve and so easy to rile. How delightful. The wolf shakes his head and barks lightly, something that might be considered a laugh.

Spoiler
    Show
    Scooting along down the tunnel.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

You all travel down the hallway, and it twists farther and farther down, until it seems to level off to a short hallway, and all the walls, floors, ceilings are still made of this stone. At the end of the small, leveled-off hallway, you see a doorway. Through that doorway you hear crazy screams and goings on, as well as see a glow of red light coming from it. You can't see any.....beings....on the other side of the doorway, but you do hear something going on in there.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

8. - Top - End - #308

PirateCaptain

Infernion

"Do not stop here. Let us finish this now"
    Infernion does not even slow down, his implements burning brighter and brighter.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

Kadaith

The barbarian quietly unsheathed his massive blade, spinning in in his hand. It was an impressive weapon, both in size and in make. It's uniform black colour made it seem almost as if it was carved out of a single obsidian shard, and perhaps it has been, but the magic imbued within is did not manifest in flames or ice or lightning as some seemed to prefer. Save for the faint hint of blue along its razor edge, it could almost be described as unremarkable.

The weight of the weapon felt comfortable in Kadaith's hands. It may not help them much against the enemies they would soon face, but simply holding the blade with which he has carved out his place in this world was reassuring.
    Last edited by Silver Coin; 2012-09-28 at 09:24 AM.

10. - Top - End - #310

Dak halts a few steps before the door, allowing his red friend and the overtly-large man ahead of him. Digging his fingertips and toes into the stone floor, his normally-happy and childlike demeanor changed for a moment to one of fierce intensity. Mother send me, he chanted to himself, Mother send me, I will win...

Pressing a button on his belt, he extends his arms, throwing his cloak behind his shoulders as the machinery strapped to him brings his crossbow at the ready. He closes his eyes and cups his weapon as if he's holding a large egg when rushes of blue energy burst forth from his fingertips, coating his weapon with the same energy it once had.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using my class feature "Impart Energy" to recharge my daily item on my Sniper's Crossbow. We hit a milestone last fight (for the originals) and have an extra action point and daily item use. Don't forget!

Pending Celtic's answer to my question in OOC...if yes, I'll add to this post.
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-09-28 at 07:37 AM.

11. - Top - End - #311

Arya

More screams. Hope we're not interrupting anything. Arya pads closer to the door and sits beside it. He looks at the door, then towards Infernion, then back at the door. He narrows his eyes at Dak's display of power and then seems to lose interest, looking back at Infernion and motioning his head towards the door.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

12. - Top - End - #312

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    He narrows his eyes at Dak's display of power and then seems to lose interest, looking back at Infernion and motioning his head towards the door.
    Infernion strides in confidently, implements and power at the ready.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Infernion

You step through the doorway and look around you. You first notice that the walkway you are on goes left and right, and there is a little wall, about 3 ft high, right in front of you. This wall goes left and right, and on the other side of the wall it drops off to the floor below, about 40 ft down. you notice the walkway, on either side, goes for about 40 feet and then turns into stairs, going down to the ground. The whole room is enclosed, as well, made out of the same stone as before.

When you look into the center of the room, for a giant room it is, you see some of the worst things you have ever seen in your life. At the back of the room, there what looks like a "leader" type priest standing at the top of a small raised platform with stairs going up to him. He is screaming and going on in a language none but Ewin seems to understand (and even then, he doesn't understand much). About 30 feet in front of him are a bunch of "men" you fought before, with long nails dressed only in loincloths painted red, whooping and hollering and cutting themselves and generally acting like mad men. Around the priest type person, you see a couple of Tieflings, and a couple of men robed, like the ones you fought before as well.

And in the center of all of this, is a Devil, the likes of you have never seen before. It is large, with chains everywhere on it, and it is systematically killing, and sometimes eating, a huddled group of people that seem to have been kidnapped, because they are all crying and trying to get away, to no avail, for some of the crazed men and helping chorale them. Around the devil you see bodies, and parts of bodies, of men, women, and children strew about. There is a glowing circle below him, filled with runes. No one seems to notice you..........yet.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am assuming that everyone kind of steps in with Infernion, so you can make 2 checks of what you wish, as long as you, of course, are trained in it. With the exception of Perception, if you have an idea for something PM me, or just go for it Also, the sight of all the carnage is, pretty much, worse than most of you have ever seen. I mean, there is a LOT of blood and guts scattered about. It even makes Arya's stomach turn a little

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

14. - Top - End - #314

PirateCaptain

Infernion

After a quick glimpse of the room, Infernion ducks behind the low wall, motioning for the others to do so as well. He swallows back a slight retch.

"Even Infernus is not that cruel." he says to himself.

In a quiet voice to the others he says "This is what we were sent for. That devil must die, along with all of its sycophants."
    Infernion then looks at Ewin, studying the knight closely for just a moment. "Ewin, I have the power to bring out your devilish powers even further. I can think of no better thing to fight a devil then a devil. Will you submit to this?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Religion: (1d20+9)[27]
    Arcana: (1d20+14)[33]

15. - Top - End - #315

PirateCaptain

Infernion

Ewin declines the offer to bring his devilish nature to the fore. Infernion turns to the massive Kadaith. "Giant man, you are here to kill these things before us, are you not? Alow me to invest you with a small amount of Dragon fire and you will mow through these creatures like flame through wheat. The enchantment will only last a few minute, then will dissipate.

Will you accept this power?"

16. - Top - End - #316

PirateCaptain

Infernion

Infernion takes Kadaith by the shoulders, draconic snout to massive human face. His hands grip tight and the sharp claws bite in. Power and pain lance through the swordsman. His eyes and skin turn a blood hued crimson. His blade begins to flow with red fire. His eyes light up, orange with heat, flames licking from the sockets. "I give you the gift of draconic flame, human. It will last for long enough to finish this battle, but not longer." A wicked smile pulls at the crocodilian mouth. "Let us eliminate these foes quickly so that none escape."

OOC: Kadith gains +2 power bonus to all attacks, deals 2d8 extra fire damage with all melee attacks, and gains resist 11 fire, and gains dark vision until the end of the encounter.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Orc in the Playground

Kadaith

The barbarian nodded somewhat hesitantly. Magic. It was something that he could never have understood. Something mysterious, and often unreliable, though that's not always the case as his trusted weapon testifies. But it was useful, and it was powerful. That he knew, and they had enemies to slay.

Kadaith growled as the infernal power washed over him. It was a curious experience. Not painful or unpleasant, but it left him feeling somehow twisted and sullied. Perhaps it was only his imagination. What was certain though was that his senses were sharper and his body felt as thought it was almost bursting with heat. Swinging his blade once, he could feel some of the heat leave him and the edge of his weapon flashed red for a moment instead of its usual blue.

"Thank you Dragon. Now we kill and take what we need."

Without any concern for such prosaic matters as stealth or planning, Kadaith stepped forward and emanated an ear splitting roar into the room.

18. - Top - End - #318

Dak slinks up behind the wall, peering just above it before retreating to a safe position. Taking in a deep breath and calculating his next move, he pays no attention to the happenings between Infernion and the large human, turning to his right and addressing the wolf. See if Dak impress you now... he says as his eyes begin to glow a soft green. Observant ones would realize Dak caressing the ring snug on his left middle finger. With the entirety of both eyes glowing a fierce verdant color, he whispers the words "alok aar."

Spoiler
    Show
    In draconic, "Arise servant." I'm trying to mimic the draconic language used in Skyrim as much as I can.

Just then, from the far corner of the room, a gargantuan green dragon phases through the stone wall into the upper heights near the ceiling, breathing fire along the stony surface with a horrific roar, (curiously, at the same time that Kadaith lets his out. Enemies nearby might suspect the dragon above them could magically project its voice across the room). Ones who were well-traveled in this realm would swear Thorn herself had appeared in their midst!

All at once you hear her bellow terribly toward the devil and its companions: YOU WEAK FOOLS MAY MEDDLE IN DARK MAGIC...

While those close by hear Dak whisper these words, caressing his ring further still: hiu sahlo aal wahlaan mey ko vul lah...

...BUT YOUR ARROGANCE WILL BE YOUR DOOM. And from Dak, ...nuz hiu pahlok fen hiu daan.

FOR I AM THORN, AND I AM HUNGRY! fah zu'u Thrazau ahrk zu'u bahlok!

With a blood-curdling shreik unlike anything heard by anyone in the room besides Dak, Thorn digs deep inside her throat and breathes waves of molten fire upon the hapless humans below her. They appear to splash off the stone walls on either side of her foes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using my daily item power from my Ring of Dragons:

Properties:
    -You can speak, read, and write Draconic.
    -You gain telepathy that works within line of sight, but only to converse with dragons.
    Power Daily (Free Action)Effect: Evil dragons within a day's travel know the direction and distance to the ring for 24 hours.
    Power (Illusion) Daily (Standard Action)Effect: The illusion of a dragon of up to Gargantuan size appears in an unoccupied space within 40 squares of you. It can make sounds and can move within its space. Each of its defenses is 10. The illusion lasts until the end of your next turn, until an attack hits it, or until a creature touches it or enters its space. An Insight check (DC 20 + one-half your level) allows a creature to determine that the image is an illusion.
    Sustain Minor: The image persists until the end of your next turn, and you move it up to 10 squares.

And yes, I did just make up a name for Thorn in Draconic. Use it or don't, doesn't matter to me

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

You all hear Dak start to whisper in some bizarre language, however Infernion knows what is going on, yet is still confused. Almost the exact same second Kadaith stands up and bellows, a Giant Green Dragon appears in front of him, facing the enemies. The crazed, not so clothed, cultists look up with fear in their eyes and run screaming back towards their profit. The two robed figures, too, take a few steps back at the sight of an ancient Green Dragon (I mean, who wouldn't?). The only one who doesn't seem effected by the Dragon's mighty presence is the profit himself.......and the devil. The Profit lets out a shriek, more than a scream, his voice piercing through the room, "You think you can fool me? The Avatar of the mighty Asmodeous???!!!!!! YOU WILL BURN WITH DEVIL'S FIRE FOR THIS INSOLENCE!!!!!!!" With that he points and the devil and the devil takes a step forward and looks the dragon in the eye. The Devil lets out a roar itself, and its chains shoot from its body, wrapping around the dragon's neck, and slice it clean off. As soon as the head is severed from the body, the illusion dissipates, and the cultists look around, trying to find you........
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, everyone make an "action" post during that will happen simultaneously with this post. And when they action is done, initiative.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-02 at 09:17 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

20. - Top - End - #320

PirateCaptain

Inernion

Infernion wastes no time thinking about the nature of the draconic illusion. "Impressive" is all he says before leaping off the platform. His wings spread out and up, carrying his thick body straight down to the ground. He lands in a crouch.

As the illusion dissipates Infernion stands and roars a call of challenge at the devil.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Double move: fly down M4 to M6(on the ground)
    Minor: Curse Devil

Initiative: (1d20+12)[10](22)
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-10-02 at 10:10 AM.

21. - Top - End - #321

Arya

Senseless slaughter. Even Lloth would frown at this waste. The wolf shakes his head and snarls at the devil in the summoning circle. Faerie lights that glow with a pale green energy swirl around the devil, attempting to stick to its skin. Without waiting to see the result Arya dashes down the walkway and rounds the corner, crouching low behind the stone ledge at the bottom of the stairs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Darkfire vs Devil
    Minor: Assassin's Shroud on the Devil
    Move: D7

Darkfire vs Devil
    Attack: (1d20+12)[31] vs Reflex

Hit: Until the end of your next turn, all attacks against the target have combat advantage, and the target cannot benefit from invisibility or concealment. Until the end of the encounter the Devil gains Vulnerability 5 Poison.

Stat Block
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arya
    HP 85/85 Surges 8/8 Surge Value 21
    AC 29 Fort 22 Ref 26 Will 26

Passive Insight 22
    Passive Perception 29 (Darkvision)

Werewolf Form
    +2 Reflex, +2 Speed, Resist 15 Poison, +5 Stealth.
    With Combat Advantage: +2 AC, +1d10 damage.

Snake Fang Action: When you spend an action point to make an attack, each target hit by that attack takes ongoing 10 poison damage (save ends).

Shadow Initiate: Shroud 2/encounter.
    Venom Hand Master: Ignore poison resistance and immunity.
    Venom Hand Killer: +2/3/4 (by tier) feat bonus to poison damage rolls.
    Venom Master: When you hit a creature with your darkfire racial power, they gain vulnerability 5 poison until the end of the encounter.

22. - Top - End - #322

As the devil decapitates Dak's illusion, he breathes an exhaustive sigh and exclaims, Dak hope Mother proud!

He hops up and swipes at a spot on his belt, a curious spot that seems to glow prismatic colors...alternating between red, blue, black, white and gray. As he does so, his hand is covered in a sort of sparkling blue goo. When Kadaith rushes by, he slaps the man's back. The viscous material, in an alive-like manner, crawls to his weapon and soakes into the blade. All of a sudden a rush of cold energy joins up with the imbued fire to form a swirling effect, empowering the weapon further!

Running along the ledge, he removes one of the disks affixed to his chest and pushes a side button. Arming his crossbow with it and firing in one easy motion, he coats the Tiefling in an energy not seen before. All at once, Ewin feels impenetrable and bolstered.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to F5

Minor on Kadaith -- Fleeting Dweomer: Until the end of the encounter, your attacks do +6 cold damage and if you crit, you give the enemy ongoing 10 cold. I'm envisioning your sword has twisting red and blue energy around it right now. You get the bonus because of Infernion's +2 to attack rolls you already have. Go get 'em tiger!

Minor on Ewin: Resistive Formula. Gain a +1 to AC for the entire encounter, or expend this bonus as a free action to gain THP equal to your surge value + 2. :) (this will burn up one of my heals, but think of this as pre-emptive healing.)

For the original party: Don't forget this! ARCANE REJUVENATION
    Before combat, an artificer spends time infusing his or her allies’ magic items with curative energy. Whenever one of the artificer’s allies uses a magic item’s daily power, that ally absorbs the energy and gains temporary hit points equal to one-half your level + your Intelligence modifier (12).

Init: [roll0]

23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, guess who just now found out that his PC ate his forum post..

Ewin

Walking through the tunnel without hostile interruption did its part to quench the tiefling's rage, leaving behind only a cold, focused anger. He couldn't forget the visions the magical trap thrust into his mind.
    As he enters the chamber, a shiver goes down Ewin's spine. He knew the punishments the Nine Hells could deal out, but this carnage was still unsettling.

Infernion's offer struck the paladin unexpectedly. He knew that his draconic companion wielded infernal powers not unlike himself, but this idea hit a nerve. His eyes flare up for a second and through clenched teeth he answers:

"I am not a devil. You would do best to remember this, red one. We kill them. So let's get to it."

Then, everything seemed to happen at once. As he had no intention of jumping down 40 feet, Ewin rushed towards the lefthand staircase, hoping to flank the enemies downstairs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard/Move: Double Move to U8

Minor Action: Activate Healing Font: until the end of the encounter, when Ewin hits an enemy, one ally within 10 squares gets healed by 1d6 x WIS mod
    Currently playing:
    Davion, Tiefling Illusionist - The Goddess Liberators
    Ewin, Tiefling Paladin - The Five of the Realm (FR)

24. - Top - End - #324
    Orc in the Playground

Kadaith

Kadaith carefully sized up the scene before him. This was a scene he had never thought he would see in his lifetime. What power! But no matter, he shall overcome! This promised to be a glorious fight!

As his new companions dispersed around him, Kadaith quietly took a few steps back, tensing and relaxing his muscles. At a distance he judged to be suitable, he exploded forward, dashing towards the edge of the precipice, straining his body to the utmost and launching himself into the air. For a moment, the world stopped to watch as the huge man soared through the air, filling the room with his roar and brandishing an obsidian sword wreathed in fire and frost.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move back just past the doorway, then Run forward and make a long jump with a running start. There should be a bonus for height and stupidity combined.
    Athletics - (1d20+16)[27]

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Mai couldn't deny that she'd been a bit nonplussed at Ewin's rebuffing of her pointed questions earlier, but given what they were all bearing witness to now it hardly seemed relevant. She marvelled in horrified amazement, resisting the urge to stare too closely into the abyss before her, but likewise resisting the urge to plow forward, ceding the high ground like the rest of her companions. (Though she did at least register and mentally file away who Dak's allegiance apparently was owed to...how could she not after a spectacle like that?)

"Asmodeus?! Asmodeus!" she yelled twice, as though not quite believing what she'd heard. "My arse. Right about now is when my Mistress would suggest running away to fight another day. I'd suggest you lot do the same, but, well, screw this. Every woman for herself."

And with that, she conjured a wall of stone between her and the room of horrors.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to shift forward 1 square. Sorry, I'm on my phone at the moment and not able to edit the map.

Free action to Bluff her escape using Suggestion: (1d20+19)[26]

Minor action to use Refocus to swap out Mass Resistance for Illusory Wall.

Standard action to use Illusory Wall (DM said it's fine) across where she's standing, 20 feet across by 10 feet deep by 20 feet high. Anyone interacting with the wall is entitled to an Int vs. Will attack to disbelieve the illusion.

Don't worry, I gots me a plan. Let the fun begin!

Also, hurrah for the forums being back up again!
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2012-10-06 at 09:00 AM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

The Cultist yells again, "YOU WILL KNOW HIS WRATH, THROUGH ME!! YOUR COMPANION WAS SMART, FOR NONE SHALL ESCAPE WITH THEIR LIVES!!! With that, the High Cultist runs forward behind the devil, and seems to look straight at Arya. He seems to get a cold feeling all over his body, and he seems to stiffen up, making it hard to move. The leader then raises his arms above him, spear in hand, and opens his mouth. Fire shoots forth from it, engulfing him in flames. When the flames dissipate, the High Cultist is gone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Move - L17
    Minor - (1d20+17)[15](32) vs Fort on Arya
    Damage - (1d6+15)[1](16) and is slowed (save ends)
    Minor -turn invisible
    Next up, Mai, Arya, Kadaith. Go in whichever order you wish.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-07 at 03:14 PM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Mai should've been happy that her deception worked, but she chided herself on being too slow with her spellcasting to interrupt the cultists' foolhardy leader. She allowed her elemental rage to build up within her, which she unleashed with the lightning storm she conjured on top of every cultist she could manage. A minor deluge ensued, making movement under the indoor stormcloud more difficult.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor action to use Promise of Storm, gaining +1 to attack rolls and +2d8+6 to damage with thunder/lightning powers UEMNT.

Standard action to use Ice Storm, converting to lightning per her paragon path, unfriendly area burst 3 centered at L19.
    Int (implement) vs. Fort, and I'm guessing she has CA since they presumably can't see her.
    CC1: (1d20+20)[24]
    CC3: (1d20+20)[36]
    CC5: (1d20+20)[28]
    Tiefling1: (1d20+20)[29]
    Tiefling2: (1d20+20)[33]
    Robed cultist1: (1d20+20)[33]
    Robed cultist2:(1d20+20)[31]
    And if he's still there, High cultist: (1d20+20)[40]
    Hit: (2d8+21)[6][4](31) + (2d8)[11] lightning damage and the target is immobilized (save ends).
    Miss: half damage and the target is slowed (save ends).
    Effect: the burst creates a zone of difficult terrain that lasts until the end of the encounter.

Move action to shift 1 square to the left
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2012-10-06 at 04:06 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Orc in the Playground

Kadaith

Kadaith could feel his senses heighten further. Time seemed to slow as adrenalin filled his body. He could feel his heart pounding, his muscles straining, and for a brief moment, there was a sense of vertigo as the illusory sense of weightlessness took him. Before him, the Devil roared in response, belching fire, evil and power incarnate. A thought flittered through Kadaith's head: This might be a good way to die. He felt almost at peace.

But no, not today. Someday, but not today.

With bone-jarring violence, Kadaith crashed into of the devil, landing right between it's overly large eyes. Looking into them, he could sense the otherworld cunning and evil hidden in the body of a brute. What a wonderful challenge. The impact sent both of them staggering. Reaching out, Kadaith latched onto one of the devils horns to steady himself, somehow managing to recover faster than his foe. Size matters, and being the smaller one does have its advantages. With a savage cry, Kadaith brought his weapon down in vicious arcs onto the creature's skull, once, twice, thrice, working both himself and the Devil in a frenzy. The shrieks of the devil, the sickening sound of rending flesh and splintering bone and the almost maniacal shouting of the barbarian himself filled the room.

Today, victory is his.

Spoiler
    Show

Move + Minor: Land and steady footing. Push 1 maybe?

Assuming Kadaith and the Devil grants CA to each other.

Standard Action: Rage of the Death Spirit

Attack vs AC - (1d20+24)[25]
    Untyped Damage - (2d12+13)[18]
    Fire Damage - (2d8)[15]

Target is weakened (Save ends on Hit, until EoNT on Miss), Kadaith enters a Rage

No Action: Action Point (With Action Surge)
    Standard Action (Action Point): Storm of Blades, 3 Attacks, stops on 1st miss.

Attack vs AC - (1d20+27)[36]
    Untyped Damage - (1d12+15)[24]
    Fire Damage - (2d8)[8]

Attack vs AC - (1d20+27)[47]
    Untyped Damage - (1d12+15)[23]
    Fire Damage - (2d8)[9]
    See following posts

Attack vs AC - (1d20+27)[36]
    Untyped Damage - (1d12+15)[24]
    Fire Damage - (2d8)[9]

1 instance of 6 Cold damage on each hit.
    Last edited by Silver Coin; 2012-10-07 at 12:01 AM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

Kadaith

With an echoing clang, Kadaith weapon glances off one of the devils horns. For a moment, it looked as though he has overextended. With astounding effort, Kadaith regains his balance and turns his momentum into yet another bone-shattering cleave.

Spoiler
    Show
    No Action: Burn my Combat Surge to force a reroll of the first attack roll.
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+24)[31]

Second attack is a crit

Untyped Damage - (3d6+27)[32]
    16 Fire damage
    10 Cold damage ongoing (Save ends)

Edit: Burn my Heroic Effort as well for a +4 if it's still a miss.
    Last edited by Silver Coin; 2012-10-06 at 11:41 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Orc in the Playground

Kadaith

OOC: Almost forgot my free action attack from Rampage, and that Fullblades are high-crit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+24)[37]
    Damage - (1d20+15)[32]
    Fire Damage - (2d8)[5]

Untyped Damage, from High-Crit - (2d12)[14]
    Last edited by Silver Coin; 2012-10-06 at 11:53 PM.