Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 766
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Arya

    Biting deep into the cultists neck, blood and gristle splash over Arya's snout. Feeling the attacking coming from the Tiefling Arya shifts and the cultist is hit instead, surprisingly taking him away from Arya's jaws. Small victory. Pieces of his flesh dangled from the wolfs jaw as he dashed around the tiefling and slid to a stop next to the strange githyanki. Arya licks Dak's face in what would normally be a tender motion if it weren't for the gush of the cultists blood that washes over Dak. Maybe he mystically charged his own body. Arya barks once at Dak and then turns to face the devil, crouching down on his hind legs before leaping at it, trying to grab hold.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to O8, avoiding the Tiefling but the Devil gets an OA. Arya's Armor Class is 31 versus the Opportunity Attack (+2 from Defensive Advantage).
    Standard: Heal check on Dak to make him use his Second Wind. Arya taps the DC 10 (+12 Heal check).

    Action Point: Latch On

    Attack vs Reflex
    (1d20+19)[27]

    Hit
    (3d10+11)[31] damage and (1d6+3)[8] poison damage. The target is grabbed and takes a -6 penalty to checks to escape the grab.

    Also if it hits the devil takes 10 Ongoing Poison damage (save ends).

    Stat Block
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arya
    HP 65/85 Surges 8/8 Surge Value 21
    AC 29 Fort 22 Ref 26 Will 26
    (+2 ref from beast form)

    Passive Insight 22
    Passive Perception 29 (Darkvision)

    Werewolf Form
    +2 Reflex, +2 Speed, Resist 15 Poison, +5 Stealth.
    With Combat Advantage: +2 AC, +1d10 damage.

    Snake Fang Action: When you spend an action point to make an attack, each target hit by that attack takes ongoing 10 poison damage (save ends).

    Shadow Initiate: Shroud 2/encounter.
    Venom Hand Master: Ignore poison resistance and immunity.
    Venom Hand Killer: +2/3/4 (by tier) feat bonus to poison damage rolls.
    Venom Master: When you hit a creature with your darkfire racial power, they gain vulnerability 5 poison until the end of the encounter.

    Powers Used: Shroud (x2), Constricting Coil, Darkfire, Latch On
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-10-16 at 06:23 PM.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Devil OA

    Yet another creature starts to run next to the devil, causing its chains to grasp at the wolf.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+20)[11](31) vs AC on Arya
    Damage - (2d12+14)[3][7](24)
    Wise words from someone wiser than I
    "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."



    LGBTAIitp
    Ally

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

  3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Great Dane's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Just as the flames overtake Dak and he loses consciousness, his lupine ally draws near, bolstering his spirits. He plants his foot just as he begins to fall backwards, drawing his gaze ahead of him with fierce determination. The flames licking his skin ever more, he presses on with a passion not seen by any of his allies yet.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spend a surge to proc Second Wind w/o defense boosts. Heal 22, lose 10 from ongoing. Shift to Q6


    With a flick of his wrist, Dak produces from a wrist pouch a ball of clay that flies through the air. As it reaches its destination, it unfolds, producing a green lizard that lands firmly near Kadaith and Infernion. It glows with a mysterious blue hue, almost urging allies to touch it for its restorative effects.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard: Healing Figurine
    Arcane, Healing, Summoning, Ranged 5
    Effect: You create a Small healing figurine in an unoccupied square within range. The healing figurine has speed 5. It has a +2 bonus to AC and to Fortitude. Any ally who spends a healing surge while adjacent to the figurine gains additional hit points equal to your Wisdom modifier. In addition, three times before the end of the encounter, an ally adjacent to the healing figurine can use a minor action to make a saving throw and to regain hit points as if he or she had spent a healing surge. You can give the healing figurine the following special command.
    Minor Action: The healing figurine administers first aid to an ally adjacent to it. The figurine uses your Heal skill for the check.

    Infernion and Kadaith, take advantage. Kadaith, might as well roll two saving throws just in case


    Seeing his fallen tiefling ally, Dak takes advantage of the space he's gained and scrambles around the perimeter of the room, firing his final disk of healing energy at Ewin.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Action point: Move from Q6 to T12, avoiding AOOs
    Minor: Curative Admixture (my second of two) on Ewin, he heals 36 + (1d6)[3] HP, added to the sheet, all surgeless.

    Ewin, don't forget you can spend a minor action to remove your +1 to AC I granted you in exchange for 26 THP!
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-10-16 at 09:08 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Kadaith(Dominated)

    Kadaith, still under the spell of the devil, can't seem to control his body still. Seeing this little lizard next to him, he is filled with an overwhelming need to chop it in half.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Standard - Howling Strike on Lizard vs AC (1d20+20)[15](35)
    Damage - (1d12+13)[8](21) + (2d6)[6][4](10)

    Ok so he hits, what are the Lizard's HP? Or does it just die?
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-16 at 10:58 PM.
    Wise words from someone wiser than I
    "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."



    LGBTAIitp
    Ally

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

  5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    CW1

    Seeing his leader slaughtered, the cultist screams at an overwhelming decibel, and runs in front of the portal........and starts casting.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Move - to L13
    Standard - Casting

    Ewin's turn
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-16 at 11:01 PM.
    Wise words from someone wiser than I
    "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."



    LGBTAIitp
    Ally

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

  6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Ascy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Ewin


    Ewin continues to hack away at the cultist, trapping him between the wall and a very angry tiefling paladin. With a vicious backhanded cut, the cultist's head drops to the floor.
    Ewin turns his head around, just to see Kadaith slashing at his own companions! Disgusted by the mind-controlling spell, the tiefling shouts a quick word of power, breaking the domination in a dull red flash of light around the barbarian's head.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Action: Divine Mettle on Kadaith: Kadaith makes a saving throw with a +5 bonus.
    Saving Throw vs. Domination - (1d20+5)[21]

    Move Action: Shift to P20 (Gain +1 to AC and Ref until the end of next turn)

    Standard Action: Castigating Strike vs. CW 2
    Attack vs. AC - (1d20+21)[36]
    Damage - (3d8+8)[27]
    On Hit, CW 2 is subject to sanction until the end of Ewin's next turn.

    Free: Activate the Infusion: gain +27 temp. HP

    Saving Throw vs. Defense Malus - (1d20)[17]
    Last edited by Ascy; 2012-10-17 at 11:36 PM.
    Currently playing:
    Davion, Tiefling Illusionist - The Goddess Liberators
    Ewin, Tiefling Paladin - The Five of the Realm (FR)

  7. - Top - End - #367
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Infernion

    When the cultist is slain by Ewin, the dead man's soul leaks out and back to Infernion. The dragon weaves the energy into his dark cloud, making it dense and hard to penetrate.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Free: Trigger - CW2 dies
    Effect: gain 13 THP
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

  8. - Top - End - #368
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Ascy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Almost forgot: Healing Font activates: Kadaith regains (1d6)[5]x4 -> 20 HP.
    Last edited by Ascy; 2012-10-17 at 11:52 PM.
    Currently playing:
    Davion, Tiefling Illusionist - The Goddess Liberators
    Ewin, Tiefling Paladin - The Five of the Realm (FR)

  9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    TW1 & TW2

    Both of the Tieflings see their companions start to get killed off, but that just fuels their fury and fires more. They start to fire wildly around them, hitting any of the intruders they can, and teleporting them into harm's way.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    TW1
    Move - Tele's to J14; (1d20+18)[8](26) vs Will on Ewin
    Damage - (4d6+6)[4][1][1][1](13), tele Ewin to Q10
    Standard - Soul Fire on Q11, burst 1, VS Ref
    Kad - (1d20+18)[11](29)
    Inernion - (1d20+18)[7](25)
    Lizard - (1d20+18)[8](26)
    Ewin(if tele'd) - (1d20+18)[17](35)
    Damage - (4d6+6)[6][4][6][4](26) fire and ongoing 10 fire dmg(save ends). First time target willingly move toward TW1 before the end of its next turn, they take 10 psychic dmg.

    TW2
    Move - Tele's to K16; (1d20+18)[17](35) vs Will on Mai
    Damage - (4d6+6)[4][4][4][4](22), tele Mai to P7
    Standard - Soul Fire on P7, burst 1, VS Ref
    Dak - (1d20+18)[6](24)
    Arya - (1d20+18)[15](33)
    Mai(if tele'd) - (1d20+18)[13](31)
    Damage - (4d6+6)[3][5][4][5](23) fire and ongoing 10 fire dmg(save ends). First time target willingly move toward TW1 before the end of its next turn, they take 10 psychic dmg.
    Wise words from someone wiser than I
    "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."



    LGBTAIitp
    Ally

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

  10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Devil

    The big dog-thing helps the little green man, then lunges at the devil, tearing into it. The Devil lets out a giant roar, batting at the dog-thing, trying to knock him away. Then his chains seems to shoot out of everywhere, hitting anyone that he can. Then that horrible stare falls on Arya, and they feel that intrusion into his mind.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Athletics vs Fort(22) to escpae Grab, (1d20+13)[5](18) (-6 taken into account). If he escapes he gets a shift to M11
    Minor - (1d20+19)[16](35) vs Fort on Arya
    Damage - (1d8+5)[8](13) psychic, You are Dominated (save ends)
    Move - to N9(if escape works)
    Action Point!! - Flail, everyone in a burst 3 will get an attack VS AC, though it is actually a Melee attack, for defense purposes, not a Burst power.
    Dak - (1d20+20)[12](32)
    Mai - (1d20+20)[4](24)
    Arya - (1d20+20)[5](25)
    Infern - (1d20+20)[19](39)
    Kad - (1d20+20)[12](32)
    Damage - (2d12+14)[6][4](24)

    If the escape doesn't work, then forget the move action. Top 'o the Round, and I will go ahead and go with Mai.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-18 at 03:36 PM.
    Wise words from someone wiser than I
    "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."



    LGBTAIitp
    Ally

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

  11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Mai

    Getting burned by fire, and teleported around, Mai was quite confused and had no idea what was going on. And when she thought she was going to be attacking her friends again, something add happened. A power from inside her head seemed to flow through her, healing her wounds. At first she was confused, but then she read the being's mind that was in her head, It needs me healthy to attack my friends. I'm not done being its plaything.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Second Wind

    I know it is an encounter, but I don't think Scy, or any of you, will mind a healing power being used. Scy, if anything special happens, healing wise, during your 2nd wind, let me know.
    Wise words from someone wiser than I
    "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."



    LGBTAIitp
    Ally

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

  12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Arya

    Brimstone. Ugh. Arya chomps onto the devil and tries to take it to the ground but the unholy strength of the outsider is too much. Breaking into his mind, Arya can feel the loss of control, like his whole body going numb. Not even able to cry out in pain when the fire comes he thinks of a smile and sends it to the devil. At least you won't be controlling me... He thinks before falling unconscious, his body covered in flames. Miraculously his body rolls to the side and the flames die out. His ears perk up and he takes a huge breath in and tries to howl but no sound comes out.

    Spoiler
    Show
    HP was incorrect in the spreadsheet. Should have been 5 HP at the start of his turn and the Ongoing 10 brings him to -5.

    Saving Throws
    (1d20)[20] Death Save
    (1d20)[2] Dominated
    (1d20)[13] Ongoing Fire

    Natural 20 Death Save, whoo! He'll spend a surge and be conscious, no longer on fire, but prone and dominated.

    Conditions: Prone, Dominated, Bloodied

    HP 21/85 Surges 7/8 Surge Value 21
    AC 29 Fort 22 Ref 26 Will 26
    (+2 ref from beast form)

    Passive Insight 22
    Passive Perception 29 (Darkvision)

    Werewolf Form
    +2 Reflex, +2 Speed, Resist 15 Poison, +5 Stealth.
    With Combat Advantage: +2 AC, +1d10 damage.
    Last edited by Chambers; 2012-10-18 at 07:10 PM.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  13. - Top - End - #373
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Infernion

    The Red looks at the massive, bleeding man to his right and nods at the Devil, indicating it is all Kadaith's

    OOC: Infernion waits for Kadaith to go
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

  14. - Top - End - #374
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Silver Coin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Kadaith

    His mind cleared by the Paladin's healing magic, the barbarian took a brief moment fo size up his himself and surroundings. He coul feel fresh wounds upon his body, gained while he was under the devil's control, but compared to his companions, he was veritably in the pink of health. He was standing. The rest of them looked on the verge of death. Time to end it then. Cracking his neck, Kadaith hedted his sword and launched himself at the devil once again. He had defeated on their kind once. He can do it again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: Mark all enemies within 5 to draw fire. Mark CW and Devil
    Move Action: Shift from Q11 to R11
    Standard Action: Charge against Devil with Howling Strike, Move from R11 to P10
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+26)[33]
    Damage, Untyped & Ice - (1d12+21)[31]
    Damage, Untyped - (2d6)[9]
    Damage, Fire - (2d8)[7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you want this dollar
    Yes Sir, I do
    Then sever your arm, and you can have the dollar
    No Sir, I cannot live without my arm
    Then remove a finger, and you can have the dollar
    No Sir, my finger is dearer than the dollar
    Then cry me a cup of tears, and you can have the dollar
    No Sir, I cannot cry. Not for a dollar
    Then shoot the man yonder, and you can have the dollar
    Yes Sir, if I can have the dollar

  15. - Top - End - #375
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Infernion

    Infernion weaves through the lashing chains, staying within their reach. He opens his mouth, but instead of liquid fire belching forth, a blast of thunder launches out. The casting cultist is hurled back along with one of the tieflings. The human seems to burst into flames from within and a pile of ash collects on the stone floor.

    Infernion roars out his triumph.

    Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Start of Turn: take 5 fire
    Minor: Curse Devil, CW1
    Move: Walk P12 to M12
    Standard: Howl of Doom vs CW1, TW1 (Blast 3 vs Fort)
    Attack: CW1 (1d20+20)[31], TW1 (1d20+20)[33]
    Damage: (2d6+11)[20] thunder and push 4 squares (CW1: L13 to H17, TW1: J14 to F18)
    Curse damage to CW1: (2d8)[6][3](9)+(1d8)[2](2) psychic
    Free: Hellfire Heart on CW1 - 8 fire damage and -2 to any attacks that include Infernion until the end of his next turn.
    Free: CW1 dies, gain 13 THP
    Save: vs ongoing
    (1d20)[8]: FAIL
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-10-20 at 12:45 PM.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

  16. - Top - End - #376
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Great Dane's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    The lashing chains wielded by the devil prove too much, as one crushes Dak across the chest, throwing him back against the wall. Concussing the back of his head against the stone, he slumps forward face down on the ground. Coughing up blood, he manages to utter the words Hope... Thorn... proud of Dak... before falling unconscious.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Death save: (1d20)[7]
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-10-20 at 09:27 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #377
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Ascy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Ewin


    The cultist's head hits the floor, and Ewin grants himself a small smile.
    But not for long; as he turns around, he can see that his allies are taking a heavy beating. Almost instinctively he lashes out against the cultist to his left with a quick beam of radiant light, punishing him for his attack.
    Summoning the rest of his power, he throws himself forward, charging at the devil's back and howling with fury.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate Reaction: Ray of Reprisal
    Trigger: An enemy within 5 (TW2)squares hits an ally. (Arya)
    Attack vs. TW2's Fortitude - (1d20+18)[25]
    Damage - (3d6+5)[13], radiant
    Effect: The ally takes half damage from the triggering attack (if you allow this retroactive, cool, if not then not)

    Move Action: Move to O15

    Minor Action: Paladin's Wrath
    TW2 and Devil are subject to Divine Sanction until the end of Ewin's next turn.

    Standard Action: Charge at Devil with Virtuous Strike
    Attack vs. Devil's AC - (1d20+24)[37]
    Damage - (1d8+8)[14], radiant

    Action Point: Every Ally within 5 squares recovers 4 HP (that's everyone)
    AP Standard Action: Righteous Smite vs. Devil
    Attack vs. Devil'S AC - (1d20+23)[39]
    Damage - (2d8+8)[20]
    On Hit: Ewin and every ally within 5 squares gain 9 temp. HP
    Currently playing:
    Davion, Tiefling Illusionist - The Goddess Liberators
    Ewin, Tiefling Paladin - The Five of the Realm (FR)

  18. - Top - End - #378
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Ascy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Healing Font for first hit: Restore 24 HP for Dak
    Healing Font for second hit: Restore 24 HP for Mai

    (see the OOC Thread)
    Last edited by Ascy; 2012-10-20 at 05:50 PM.
    Currently playing:
    Davion, Tiefling Illusionist - The Goddess Liberators
    Ewin, Tiefling Paladin - The Five of the Realm (FR)

  19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Irish Musician's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    A Pub Near You
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    ALL

    Infernion blasts the cultist and the tiefling away, burning the cultist into nothingness, Kadaith hacks into the devil with his mighty sword spraying blood from its side everywhere, and Ewin, seeing his friends in trouble, runs into the fray, dishing out damage to his unfortunate enemies, and much needed healing to his allies. As soon as things start to seem like they are going your way, a large blue ball of light surges from the portal and explodes in the room.

    In that instant, everything is turned upside down. Everyone is thrown across the room, knocking into the wall, unconscious. What little you can make out, while you are hurtling though the air, is that the devil seems to get thrown as well, but seems to go the wrong way. The two tieflings are thrown against the wall opposite yourselves, but unfortunately for them, their skulls smash against the wall with such force, their brains seem to squish out of their skulls.

    .........when you awake, you look around. It is almost completely dark, save two still it torches that are on their way to going out, and you are not sure how long you were out. You see your allies starting to come to as well, trying to make sense of what happened, and you feel extremely weakened and it seems quite hard to hear, for when you speak to each other, it seems muffled. The place where the portal was is now rubble and the portal is gone, with your enemies bodies strewn about, but no sign of the Devil. The entire room looks scorched, yet you remember no fire, though you, yourselves, do seem a little charred and yet have no burns on you. Other than some tattered edges, your clothes and gear all seems intact.

    Arya, who is in drow form and seemingly got the wolf knocked out of him, looks around the room to see a crack in the wall, behind where the High Cultist was originally standing, that was not there before.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do as you will, combat is technically over. I have adjusted your Health, so that is why it is so low, really just for mechanics and letting you know how big the blast really was. You all, also, loose 2 healing surges due to the blast, once again illustrating the seriousness of it, as well as get a -5 to perception checks for hearing things around you....though your sight is fine. Also, all conditions from the battle are gone. But from what you can tell, there is not threat around you for the moment. Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-20 at 11:10 PM.
    Wise words from someone wiser than I
    "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."



    LGBTAIitp
    Ally

    Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

  20. - Top - End - #380
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Infernion

    The dragon comes to, quickly leaping up, power flaring. After a moment of frantic rage Infernion calms slightly. He walks around, kicking at his fellow combatants to wake them.

    "Get up you lazy mammals." he growls

    Spoiler
    Show
    Short Rest - Spend 2 surges - 93/93 hp - 4/11 surges remain
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-10-22 at 03:22 PM.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

  21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Arya

    The drow doesn't flinch at Infernion's kicks. His eyes flick up to meet the Dragonborns. "Such tender ministrations. How thoughtful of you to remind me of home." Arya says and slowly gets up to his feet, leaning heavily on his staff. "Do it again and you'll be missing the foot."

    After glancing around to ensure that everyone is awake and semi-ambulatory Arya hobbles over to where the high priest had been officiating the ritual. "Perhaps instead of basing yourself over our near deaths and offering gentle and noble aid to your compatriots you might have took a closer look around." Arya says and thwacks his staff against the wall next to the crack. "The exploding portal appears to have opened a crevice." Leaning against the wall Arya opens a pouch at his side and takes out something small, raises it to his mouth and eats it. He closes his eyes and shudders - either in ecstasy or pain, it's not clear - and the wounds over his body begin to heal. "Mothers homecooking." He says and closes the pouch, then peers through the crack, trying to see what lies beyond.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spend two surges. At 62/85. 5 of 8 surges used.
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  22. - Top - End - #382
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Great Dane's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Dak feels like he remembers death for a fleeting moment -- he saw his true mother and father, untainted by the powers of the mind flayers for the first time in their lives. They were extending their hands to Dak, asking him to reach and grasp ahold...

    When he opened his eyes with a huge gasp of air, awakened by a ferocious smash of Kadaith's empowered blade, cutting into the devil's flesh. Dak barely had enough time to clear his head before the portal exploed, throwing him against the wall once again, rendering him unconscious.

    He came to, seeing Infernion moping about, seeimgly as if the dragonborn had never fallen asleep and was bored waiting for his friends. Dak slinked up the wall and closed his eyes, resting silently for a minute while the rigors of the last battle wore away.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Three surges, 86/90, one surge left.


    Packing up his gear, he stood and joined Arya near the crevice.

    As Ewin joined them, Dak gave an appreciative nod to him. He understood the raw power it took to heal so many of them throughout the bloody encounter.
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-10-22 at 07:26 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #383
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Silver Coin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Kadaith

    The blast sent Kadaith flying across the room, before crumbling against the wall in an ungainly heap.

    "...ugh"

    A pained groan escaped from Kadaith's throat. As Infernion approached him, Kadaith picked himself off the ground before one of the lizard's lower limbs could find its way into a delicate organ. It seems as though nothing was broken. This was all admittedly very exciting, but too much of a good thing and all that.

    Looking around, he could see the drow's mouth moving, but her voice was muted and indistinct, almost overwhelmed by an annoying, incessant ringing. As he watched, he felt the last of the dragonfire leave him and the room plunged into darkness. Common sense dictates that the barbarian be the one in the party to break out the sunrod. Moving to stand beside his companions, he peered into the crevice, now better illuminated.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spend 2 surges, 4/8 left - 104/110 HP
    Take out a sunrod and break it
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you want this dollar
    Yes Sir, I do
    Then sever your arm, and you can have the dollar
    No Sir, I cannot live without my arm
    Then remove a finger, and you can have the dollar
    No Sir, my finger is dearer than the dollar
    Then cry me a cup of tears, and you can have the dollar
    No Sir, I cannot cry. Not for a dollar
    Then shoot the man yonder, and you can have the dollar
    Yes Sir, if I can have the dollar

  24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Scylfing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Mai-Sal

    Mai giddily welcomed the explosion, for she could feel the devil's hold over her will evaporate as soon as the blast hit. Freedom! was her last thought before she crashed into the wall, then it was lights out from there... until a painful kick to her side forced her out of unconsciousness. Instinctively she let out a pained groan of her own, but after that her will took over and she said nothing (not that it would've mattered much, with the constant ringing in her ears) to her tormenter, though it would not be forgotten.

    Using her staff to prop herself up into a sitting position, Mai popped open her waterskin and drank long of it. "No broken bones...no broken will either," she mumbled when at last finished quenching her thirst. It was fortunate that the devil was no more--fortunate for the devil, that is, since if there was one thing she hated above all others it was mind control. But now she realized she'd been taking for granted the many safeguards she had available in Calimshan: protecting against such affects was a top priority for at least as long as she remained with this group.

    After a too-brief rest, Mai slowly stood up and shuffled toward where the others were now congregating.

    Spoiler
    Show

    She spends 2 healing surges to get to 64/70 HP, so with the 2 lost from the blast she's down to 1/7 surges.
    Currently playing: Medinah v.2.0

    Thinkerforged avatar by Rowsen.

  25. - Top - End - #385
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Ascy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Ewin


    The world around him was still dark when his conciousness returned.
    Ewin blinked a few times to adjust to the dim light.
    Not dead yet, no devils.. He slowly pushed himself up to his feet and cringed as a bolt of pain rushed up his chest. .. but not all my ribs are fine, I guess.

    His eyes sweep around the room, making contact with all his allies - alive but none unhurt - before his eyes find the place where the devil's portal stood.
    Not much is left except for a heap of rubble.
    "NO!"
    The shout finds its way out of Ewin's mouth all by itself, and his hands become fists. Almost inaudible, he whispers "Gods damn you. How much more?"
    He lets his head hang for a moment, but the footsteps of his companions break his gloomy mood. They would need him now, and as much as he hated to admit it, he could use their help, too.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+10)[20]
    Spend 3 Surges to get back to full HP
    Currently playing:
    Davion, Tiefling Illusionist - The Goddess Liberators
    Ewin, Tiefling Paladin - The Five of the Realm (FR)

  26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Chambers's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Arya

    "There's a few chests in there. I see some books as well. Most likely the priests grimoires, or some other equally important tomes." Arya says after peering into the crack. He rests the staff on the ground and leans heavily on it. "Anyone have a handy wall to get through a wall?"
    The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai Me.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"

  27. - Top - End - #387
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Silver Coin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Kadaith

    With a sigh, the barbarian reached into his bag of holding once again for another sunrod. Lighting it, he tossed it into the darkened room beyond the crack for better illumination. This was getting silly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you want this dollar
    Yes Sir, I do
    Then sever your arm, and you can have the dollar
    No Sir, I cannot live without my arm
    Then remove a finger, and you can have the dollar
    No Sir, my finger is dearer than the dollar
    Then cry me a cup of tears, and you can have the dollar
    No Sir, I cannot cry. Not for a dollar
    Then shoot the man yonder, and you can have the dollar
    Yes Sir, if I can have the dollar

  28. - Top - End - #388
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Great Dane's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Arya's words perked Dak up and shook him from his recent brush with death. Chests, the wolf says? Sound like treasure to Dak! He advances into the room and checks the chests for booby traps. The tomes will come later.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Search chests for traps: (1d20+16)[17], and will open one. I'll work with Mai to identify any magic items found inside. I'll then go through the tomes, searching for any clues on the devils, notes from the high cultist, or other items relevant to this final room -- why were the cultists summoning devils, for instance? Finally, I'll look through these tomes for any rituals...

    Arcana if needed: (1d20+17)[19]
    I didn't understand how things were set up.
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-10-25 at 10:44 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Scylfing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Mai-Sal Stormchaser

    Instinctively Mai turned to see what was wrong when Ewin shouted out, but seeing nothing apparently out of the ordinary (for this place and this group anyway) she frowned and turned back to the problem at hand.

    After a moment in thought, she offered a potential solution. "Well, there is one way: I could teleport into the room, grab everything I can and teleport back out, but I must warn you, it will be a bit...messy. I suggest all of you back away at least 10 feet unless you want a facefull of Elemental Chaos," she smirked.

    Unless any better suggestions are offered, and once everyone had backed off as suggested, the mage stepped up as close to the crack as she could, peered inside, and suddenly without even an incantation the air around her exploded in a mass of mixed elemental energy. Once it had dissipated it was clear that she was gone--but the small bits of energy that passed through the crack carried her into the treasure room.

    Spoiler
    Show

    She used Elemental Eruption to teleport into the room; no need to roll to hit and damage, unless anyone is silly enough not to back away.
    Currently playing: Medinah v.2.0

    Thinkerforged avatar by Rowsen.

  30. - Top - End - #390
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    Jun 2012

    Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

    Infernion

    When the lightning wizard teleports in Infernion smacks his sloped, scaled forehead. that blast must have rattled my head more then I thought
    He walks up the the crack and peers in. "Need some help in there wizard?"

    Not waiting for an answer he blinks out then back into existence, this time within the small room. He gathers what he can carry then pops back out to the bigger chamber.

    <<Repeat as needed>>
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Infernion will use Ethereal Sidestep (Teleport 1 - At-Will) if the wall is thin enough. Otherwise he uses Ethereal Stride (Teleport 3 - Encounter) as needed.
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-10-25 at 10:51 PM.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •