New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

Mai-Sal

While Infernion didn't wait for an answer, Mai didn't offer one; instead she went about the room looking for anything especially interesting that the draconic warlock hadn't picked up, while she waited for her innate elemental energy to build itself back up to where she could teleport again.

Spoiler
    Show

Just for the heck of it, Arcana and Perception checks.

Arcana: (1d20+19)[35]
    Perception: (1d20+8)[13]
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

2. - Top - End - #392
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Infernion

Seeing the big man backing up for a charge, Infernion blinks out of the room and hustles out of the way.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

3. - Top - End - #393
    Orc in the Playground

Kadaith

Nodding at the good sense of the Dragonborn, Kadaith burst forth, striking the crevice at its weakest points, sending showers of stone flakes flying through the air.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'll just assume it's a typical charge attack
    Standard Action, Charge, Howling Strike
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+22)[41]
    Damage - (1d12+13)[20]
    Moar Damage - (2d6)[7]
    Last edited by Silver Coin; 2012-10-25 at 11:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Orc in the Playground

Kadaith

Crit!
    Damage - (3d6+37)[46]

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

You all see the big man standing here, holding his sword. People discussing what to do, how to get in to the secret chamber, and what to do with the chests. Kadaith starts pacing, slowly at first, but then quicker and quicker. Obviously the big man isn't used to waiting. He then stops, grunts, pull his word up, and at a full charge, runs at the wall. Inernion, being cloest to the wall, hears the roar and teleports out of the small room before he is smacked in the head by flying stone.

Kadaith hits the wall with such force, it completely breaks open. When he is finished, there is a Kadaith sized hole where the cracked used to be. Unfortunately, he hit the wall with such force, that the crack continued up the wall to the ceiling in both the small room, and the larger room where everyone is standing. There it went across the ceiling for about 20 feet, and the stone around them, along with the earth around them, seemed to creak at the loss of structure......You may not have as much time to get the chests and books out as you once did.......
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-25 at 11:44 PM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

6. - Top - End - #396

PirateCaptain

Infernion

Infernion rushes in, close on the heels of the warrior. He teleports between falling stones and gets to one of the far chests. Grabbing a handle he begins to haul back into the big room while small rock bounce off his hide. It takes him a long time to get there

chest drag
    (1d20+6)[1](7)
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-10-25 at 11:44 PM.

7. - Top - End - #397

Dak blinks once, amazed, and rushes in to grab each of the three books from the three stands. He knows he'll be of no use when trying to drag the chests out of the room.
    Last edited by Great Dane; 2012-10-25 at 11:41 PM.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Orc in the Playground

Kadaith

The chests. They are locked. This was unacceptable. When all you have is a hammer...

Spoiler
    Show
    Storm of Blows
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+21)[29]
    Damage - (1d12+13)[21]

Attack vs AC - (1d20+21)[39]
    Damage - (1d12+13)[15]

Attack vs AC - (1d20+21)[22]
    Damage - (1d12+13)[20]
    Last edited by Silver Coin; 2012-10-26 at 12:33 AM.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Orc in the Playground

Kadaith

Another chest. Another swing.

Attack vs AC - (1d20+21)[32]
    Damage - (1d12+13)[18]

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

The might Barbarian, seeing how his crashing thought he wall affected the structural integrity of the place around them, knew there was no time for waiting around for locks to be picked. Kadaith swung his sword four times at the locks of the chests. Three of the chests' locks pop open under the strength of the Barbarian's swing, but on the last one Kadaith seems to miss. Instead he cuts right into the chest itself, seemingly exploding it all over the room. Gold, gems, and a few items explode out of the chest, knocking into him and Mai, along with anyone else in the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Items: Crown, Wand, Rod, shield. And what you can estimate is about 40k in gold and gems. That is just in the chest that Kad broke.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

11. - Top - End - #401
    Orc in the Playground

Kadaith

Wasting no time, Kadaith shovels what he could of the items on the floor into his bag of holding before hefting one of the chests onto his shoulder and evacuating from the room.
    Last edited by Silver Coin; 2012-10-26 at 12:31 AM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Shielding herself from the explosion of items as best she can, Mai just sighs and goes about picking up whatever loot she can lay hands on.

13. - Top - End - #403

Dak stows the books in his satchel and hurriedly scoops up coins and gemstones before shouting Must leave, structure not safe!!

14. - Top - End - #404

PirateCaptain

Infernion

Infernion inherited much from his progenitor. An eye for valuable treasure was certaintly passed on. He quickly gathers up the rod that flies out of the smashed chest.

"Little man, help me with this one" yells Infernion to Dak as the ceiling shows increasing signs of instability. The dragon yanks the chest and Dak up the stairs and through the remains of the collapsing hell hole.

15. - Top - End - #405

On cue, the artificer aids his warlock friend with the chest as the two of them make a break for it.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

You all see the little Githzerai run in the room, grab the books, throw them in his pack, grab the other side of a chest, and start heading out with Infernion. Kadaith, too, grabs a chest, but because of his sheer strength alone he is able to hoist one on his back and start to make his way out of the underground sanctuary. That left Mai, Arya, and Ewin to clean up the rest of the mess of the other chest, grab the third chest, and run out of there before the roof collapses on them.

Spoiler
    Show
    What you can gather of the gold that went everywhere is 20,800 worth of gold and gems, along with the items that were in there. I'll give some time for Chambers, Ascy, and Scy to make a "cheese it" post.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Mai continued to shovel the items and gemstones from the exploded treasure chest into her sack, leaving the gold for whatever explorer might uncover this place centuries from now--and not with her bones in it, as she hurried off the same way they had come as quickly as she could.

"I'm sure you tough guys can handle that chest all by yourselves," she called out behind her to Ewin and Arya as she was leaving.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Arya

Fools. So greedy for coin. Arya shakes his head and scowls at Kadaith. "Next time leave the engineering to those that know what they're doing." Arya says and then shifts back into a wolf, racing to catch up with those fleeing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not picking up any treasure, just wild shaping and then running.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Orc in the Playground

Kadaith

A thought occurs to the barbarian. As he exits through the hole he created, he flicks open the chest he was carrying to take a brief glance at the contents. Just to make sure he's not wasting his effort on bricks and such.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ewin

The tiefling comes into the room as the last one, and when he hears the ceiling crack, he doesn't concern himself too much with treasure.
    He grabs whatever useful items he could get his hands on quickly, ignoring most of the gold, since he doesn't feel too eager to carry a whole chest by himself after all the fighting .

Not wanting to risk getting buried alive in this cave, he abandons the rest of the treasure - after all, of what use is wealth if you aren't alive to use it.
    With heavy, slightly clanking steps, he follows the rest of the party, looking back only once.
    Currently playing:
    Davion, Tiefling Illusionist - The Goddess Liberators
    Ewin, Tiefling Paladin - The Five of the Realm (FR)

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

You all grab, or don't grab, what you can or what you want. As you are running out, you notice that the crack in the ceiling seems to have stopped for now, nothing seems to be shifting, and nothing seems to be falling, at the moment. You get up the stairs, back up the hallway to the illusory door. Without even thinking about it, you run through the door, unheeded, into the cave area to which you first came underground. There seems safe enough and you are able to rest, set down chests, and regain your composure.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal Stormchaser

Mai set her pack down in one of the corners of the cave and sat down to catch her breath.

"That's enough. No more today," she puffed after a moment, implying that she intended to sleep here, but then she noticed the corpses from their previous fight (and aftermath) and her face crinkled.

"I am not sleeping in a room full of dead burnt bodies. Dak, I'll help you with looking over those items in a bit, but first thing's first," she announced, standing up and picking up and dragging each body in turn up the cave entryway to the outside where they'd killed the first batch of cultists and mercs. She doesn't ask for help.

During the process of hauling and gathering the corpses she checked them over again to make sure they hadn't missed anything of value, then with all of them piled up in the clearing she unleashes gouts of flame to consume them, hoping to discourage scavengers.

Spoiler
    Show

So, during all of this, Mai is going to break off a fingerbone from Arien Stormcrow's charred corpse and stash it away. In case any of her companions get any ideas about following her outside, she tries to do it surreptitiously while searching the bodies. Stealth: (1d20+16)[21]

That was Burning Hands by the way, this time oddly enough without the lightning. She'll do that every 5-15 minutes, depending on how long you think is fair to recover an encounter power, until the corpses are reduced to ash.
    Last edited by Dacia Brabant; 2012-10-28 at 11:34 AM.

23. - Top - End - #413

PirateCaptain

Infernion

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I just couldn't stay away

After catching his breath Infernion notices that the fourth chest is missing. "What were you morons thinking! We are agents of a DRAGON! Do you not realize that all dragons covet treasure! The more we bring out, the better our favor with Metherna will be."

He stalks around as the tremors subside.

"I am oing back for what I can. Human, Kadaith, will you help with the last chest. I may not be able to lift it on my own?"

Either way, Infernion makes his way cautiously back towards the portal room. He will stop on the balcony for a moment to survey the scene before proceeding. He cracks a sunrod as well on the balcony.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: looking for stability of the room (1d20+5)[23]
    Dungeoneering: looking for stability of the room(1d20+5)[20]
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2012-10-28 at 12:47 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414

Hearing Infernion's words, Dak follows the dragon back to the room and overlooks the slaughter below. He uses his expertise of caves and caverns to deduce whether their lives are at risk by venturing back downstairs where the beautiful, beautiful treasure chest laid dormant.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+16)[17] to see if new cracks have developed and listening for any subtle sounds of cracking.
    Dungeoneering: (1d20+15)[29] to see how stable this cavern is.

25. - Top - End - #415

PirateCaptain

Infernion

Seeing that it is just him and the little man Infernion sugests a safer approach, considerin that the two of them might drop the chest and bring down the cavern around the. "shhhhhh. No gold, just the items." says the dragon quietly. He points down the stairs and to the chest. He then walks carefully foreword.

Infernion opens the chest and begins to collect the anything that is not coins.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Dak Infernion Ewin

You both run back to the ritual room. You creep down the stairs, keeping an eye on the ceiling the whole time. You reach the room with the extra chest and gold spilled everywhere. Infernion opens the chest to see if he can't grab some larger items, but all he is met with, is more gold. Dak looks over his shoulder and sees all the sparklies and his eyes widen quite a bit. Ewin stands next to Infernion, deciding on what to do about this chest, and the gold.

Spoiler
    Show
    You are now faced with a choice: Shove what gold you can in your bags, and then run; OR put what gold you can in your pockets from the floor and carry the chest out. From this point on, it will be a turn by turn kind of mini-encounter. Infernion and Dak will be going each round. I promise this won't last long
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-30 at 09:23 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

27. - Top - End - #417
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Arya

The wolf pads around the room and merely looks up at Infernion as he rages about the treasure. Once he and Dak have left the wolf lays down next to Mai's pack and transforms back into Arya, sitting and leaning against the wall. He stretches his neck and lays his staff across his knees. "A wise decision, finally." He says to Mai. "I'd offer to help...but I don't summon fire."

He leans forward a bit to watch Mai slip something from one of the bodies into her pocket. Interesting. He yawns and leans his head against the wall. "Tell me...is the drakeborn always like this? I find his company distressing, to say the least. With any luck the cavern will fall on him and we'll be rid of the dragonling."

Spoiler
    Show
    Arya has a Passive Perception of 29, so I figure he sees Mai's attempt at palming the fingerbone.
    "We have sent many to Hell, to smooth our way," said I, "and we are standing yet and holding blades. What more?"- Roger Zelazny, This Immortal
    Avatar Image: The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai; bitmap version by me.

28. - Top - End - #418

Dak's eyes widen at the sight of all the gold and gemstones, then reality sets in and he snaps to action. He shouts to Infernion, If crack grow, room collapse! Must flee with Dak!

He immediately turns and sprints out the door toward the entrance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Over the next twelve seconds (two rounds), Dak's turns look like this:

Turn 1: Run from L24 to G16, run from G16 to D8
    Turn 2: Run from D8 to I5, and second run is out the door.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Mai ignored Arya's compliment, but at his loaded yet perceptive question she dropped the body she was carrying and turned to him, her face only slightly less grim than the work she'd been doing.

"He is a pig ignorant, petulant child who has far more strength than he should. Why in Umberlee's name Metherna would send a juvenile like him on grown-up business, I--" she seethed, but stopped there, took a deep breath or two and regained her composure.

"Nicely done, you have my compliments," she smiled and nodded at the drow. She then changed to a near-flawless Elven. "As for the dragonling, he will get what he gives. Shame he did not go alone, I rather like the 'little man.'"

Spoiler
    Show

Should there be a check against Mai's Insight to tell if she realizes Arya saw her pocket "something" from one of the bodies?

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Dak Infernion Ewin

You both look at the treasures and Dak burts out loud, telling Infernion they need to leave. His voice seems to echo forever, then all is silent again. After a few moments of silence you hear some dirt/earth sprinkle down from the ceiling, but nothing seems to fall for now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Caleb, your go
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2012-10-30 at 09:22 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally