New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

"Hm?"

Petra's eyes search the kobold and the corridor around him or her. The kobold takes off by the time the cleric realizes that he or she is alone.

Any longer, and Petra would probably have asked for directions.

"I suppose this gives us our answer."

Petra runs down the hall in pursuit of the kobold, expecting her teammates to overtake her and stay in front.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Mai had been too distracted by the talk about the prisoner (and by her own thoughts) to notice the kobold at first, but after seeing Petra react her eyes went wide and flickered with alarming light.

"Oh no..." she whispered, then hurriedly got up and moved with surprising speed in the direction of the kobold runner. As soon as she reached the corner she peered around and fired a ball of magical energy down the corridor.

Spoiler
    Show

With her standard and move action, Mai moves to T8.

As a free action she'll use her Use Vulnerability power to attempt to make a hard monster knowledge (Nature) check on the kobold runner, assuming she sees him: (1d20+18)[27]

Depending on the results of the check she'll use her one remaining Action Point to attack the kobold runner. If she has reason to believe it's a minion, she'll use Magic Missile to kill him, otherwise she'll use a different power.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

3. - Top - End - #663
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Do not let it escape" snarls Infernion. He unfurls his wings and take flight down the hall. The wings have grown large and the small talons at the ends scrape along the cavern passage walls.

Double move 12 squares to T8
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2013-06-19 at 06:20 PM.
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

Mai, Petra, Infernion

Petra, Infernion, and Mai all turn the corner at the same time, and see the little kobold starting to head for another hallway in the mountain. Not even thinking, but acting on instinct, Mai shoots the little Kobold with her Magic Missile spell, not a powerful one but hoping it will do the job. Right as the little lizard is starting to round the corner, the missile hits him, striking him down dead.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ettin in the Playground

Petra sighs at yet another reminder that she probably wasn't this group's first choice as she runs up to the kobold's body and looks down the corridor the little guy seemed to be running for.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Dwarf in the Playground

Virgil

Virgil follows the group, a few seconds to late to assist but reassured by the creature's death if not disappointed that it was not by his own hands. "Let's see where it was running. It's a better plan than sitting around here waiting for the next cretin to show."
    Amazing avatar done by Ceika! Thanks a bunch

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

Petra & Virgil

You check on the little kobold and he is, in fact, dead. You peek around the corner of the hallway and see, a very large group of Dragonborn and Kobolds standing around, seeming to talk. They are about 100 feet from you, and don't seem to have seen you peeking around the side......yet.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ettin in the Playground

Petra stifles a gasp and retreats back behind the corner upon noticing the group, but closes her eyes to consider what she just saw.

What was down there besides the guards?
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2013-06-21 at 08:45 PM.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Dwarf in the Playground

Virgil

Virgil tries to make a rough estimate of their number before retreating behind the corner.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception: (1d20+13)[14](27)

10. - Top - End - #670

PirateCaptain

Infernion

"We can't go that way. It is too long and any chance at surprise will warn Drakon. Lets try the other direction."

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Mai wiped her brow and sighed with relief after seeing the kobold go down. She hadn't been sure if it would do the trick, but was very glad it did.

She nodded in agreement with Infernion (which she surprisingly found herself doing more of lately) but made a point to point at the dead kobold. "If we're going to preserve the element of surprise, we'd best find a way to dispose of that," she whispered.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Dwarf in the Playground

Virgil

"Right, there's at least a score of them that way and short of collapsing the ceiling on them I don't see a nice way through. Let the Tiefling carry the corpse. If anything we can throw it at our next set of enemies to demoralize them. If we're lucky maybe Sparkie can figure out how they make themselves explode and make it explode."

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ettin in the Playground

As Mai-sal brings up the subject of stashing the body, Petra quickly reaches over and pulls the ex-kobold aside to get him out of sight of his old confederates.

"We could probably leave him in the tunnel from which we entered for now," she says as she examines the corpse. "Virgil, do you think the construction behind that guard detail may be the prison block?"

14. - Top - End - #674

PirateCaptain

Infernion

"This is not time for chit-chat priest. We need to move now. Even as we speak the group we blocked is making their way around the mountain. If they warn the Red we are as good as dead. He will send his minions forth to scour the caves and we will be caught."

With that, Infernion turns with a flick of his tail and begins to stalk down the other tunnel.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ettin in the Playground

Even as Infernion grouses about chitchatting, Petra and Virgil are quietly dragging the body toward the prescribed stashing point. It would seem that the ophidian exile's preference for action over words does not stem merely from a passion for the former.

She decides not to respond, but simply follows once the dead kobold is tucked away.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

ALL

Everyone stashes the kobold's body as best you can in the little cubby hole where you all came from. You all venture on, down the other part of the hallway, and when you turn the corner you see a long hallway going down, much like the other one, that curves about 150 feet from you. You don't see another hallway that meets this current hallway (like the other side), so you assume it is safe, at least for the moment, to get down the hallway as quickly as you can. Once you have traversed the 150ft without incident, you can hear something, and you notice it get quite a bit warmer as you near the end of the hallway. As you stop to try and peek around the sharp curve, you hear a voice, booming, ""What are you doing in MY lands?!! I could eat you alive and digest you for many years, human. Do not test me!! After a pause for a moment, "You all, leave me! I shall talk to this thing alone." You start to panic for a moment, for there is no where to go, but quickly realize that the little kobolds a two dragonborn, that must have been in the room, are leaving the other way, presumably around the way to the hallway you all found.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

17. - Top - End - #677
    Orc in the Playground

A soft lilting laugh wafted from the room, in sharp contrast to the heedless, furious roars that preceded it. The words that followed were smooth, hypnotic to listen to and almost mocking in their self assurance.

"Dismissing the servants already? I see no difference in whether they remain or not, but you seem to fear them, or at least the potential for their treachery. Or perhaps you dislike the notion that you would be played for a fool and appear something less than majestic before them?"

A momentary pause followed and passed almost before it could register in the minds of those who listened. And just like that, the tone and mood of the conversation seemed to shift towards murkier waters.

"In any case, enough with the childish bantering and empty threats. I was hoping to pass unnoticed in all honesty, but since I'm here, there are opportunities that lie in being able to speak to our resident Red Dragon, so I'll lay things out for you. I'm here on business that do not concern you. However, I would appreciate access to your...resources, and there are certain services that I can render you. I could help you ward off those intruders that seemed to have so troubled your forces for instance. At the very least, I'm sure I can do a better job than the two incompetent brutes behind me."
    Last edited by Silver Coin; 2013-06-26 at 09:31 AM.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

Drakon

Everyone hears this strange voice, confident and knowing....sure of itself. And surprisingly it speaks to the dragon as if it were his equal....or his master.

"If there were intruders in my cave I would know about it! Only those that are dragons, or kin to dragons, may enter here unharmed and alive....I have made sure of this." The large voice pauses for a moment, "However, I supposed it never hurts to check.....you two, check outside my chambers, all around, and with the watch, where there is one of these cockroaches, there must be more."

You hear an acknowledgement from what sound like two very large creatures, and footsteps coming closer to the hallway. "Not many would dare speak to me the way you have human.....but I am intrigued as to what resources, exactly, you want from me. And what you think you could ever to do help me."
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2013-06-26 at 10:33 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

19. - Top - End - #679
    Orc in the Playground

Laughter once again, but compared to the first time, it seemed to be less retrained, harsher, as though what was just said was uproarious in how funny it was.

"If you truly think so, then you were right to fear those servants of yours. I would never have imagined that you didn't know. I could smell the scent of charred flesh and fear, almost panic, in the air as I was brought in. Something was clearly amiss. Has the smell of gold and treasure clouded your own nose Drakon?"
    Last edited by Silver Coin; 2013-06-26 at 10:22 AM.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground

Drakon

You all here an impact against a body,the smack of an armored body against the ground, and the scraping of armor on the ground. And once again the booming voice of Drakon that seems to shake the very mountain this time, "INSOLENT FOOL!!! You dare come onto my lands and speak to me in such a way? I shall take much pleasure in tearing you apart while you still draw breath."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

21. - Top - End - #681

PirateCaptain

Infernion

"Our opportunity in now! Virgil, I have power to lend your arm, if you will allow it. You will strike harder and more true."

Infernion begins to reach for Virgil's arm even as he speaks.
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2013-06-26 at 08:07 PM.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Dwarf in the Playground

Virgil

He looks from his gloved hand to the outstretched claws of Infernion and without apprehension grabs them. "Do what you must. Today a dragon falls. Pray it be the right one."

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ettin in the Playground

On the one hand, Petra is impressed that the sky blue voice is attempting what might have been her own approach, albeit a bit less politely than she had had in mind.

On the other hand, it does not sound like it is going very well. Luckily, the priestess was well-prepared for this sort of scenario by this point.

"Well, go on, then!" she says to the damage-dealers in front of her in a burst of uncharacteristic encouragement. She runs up to the doorway alongside them.

Spoiler
    Show
    I fully expect Virg, Infer and Mai to get there first and start fighting the guards, since they're ahead in initiative, but since my posts are always a day apart I should probably post some of this now anyway.

"Drakon," she booms in draconic with a wry smile as her comrades charge in, "I must inform you that the human's assessment is completely correct."

That should get his attention. She quickly glances at the prisoner, scanning for any injuries.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2013-06-28 at 08:40 PM.

24. - Top - End - #684

PirateCaptain

Infernion

The red claw grasps Virgil's thin, hard arm. The claws dig in, burning though Virgil's flesh. Pain and fire radiate up the arm and through his body. Then, it its done. The pain is replaced by an exquisite feeling of raw elemental power. Flames dance over Virgil's hands but he feels no heat. Everything is brighter and sharper.

Infernion steps back. The smoky miasma that constantly swirls around him bursts into bright red flame. Hi features grow even more draconic, more severe, sharper. the flames are agin replaced with swirling smoke.

In a deeper, more menacing voice he intones. "Let us be done with this. We came to find the poison but I mean to see Drakon slain before it is done."

He walks into the chamber ahead of Petra and before she insults the Red.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    On Virgil -
    Hellsworn Blessing
    Effect: The target assumes the form of a hellsworn until the end of the encounter or until you dismiss the effect as a minor action. While in this form, the target gains darkvision, gains a +2 power bonus to attack rolls, and deals 2d8 extra fire damage with melee attacks. The target also gains 12 fire resist.

On self -
    Infernal Inheritor
    Effect: All enemies that can see you take a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn, and you assume the form of the infernal inheritor until the end of the encounter. Until this form ends, you gain darkvision, resist 10 fire, and a +2 power bonus to Fortitude and Will.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Dwarf in the Playground

Virgil

As the Red grips his arm Virgil inhales slowly grimacing only slightly at the pain. His chest is filled with fire and as he exhales smoke leaves his nostrils. With a grin he dashes forward towards the sound of the voices. As he enters the archway he sees the two guards and without a moment's pause unleashes a bolt into the left one.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Move: Y9 to U8
    Attack: Sly Flourish vs DBK1 AC (w/CA)
    Attack Roll: (1d20+22)[8](30)
    Damage: [rollv]4d8+12

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

Drakon

Drakon sees Virgil round the corner and lets out a mighty roar, "KILL THEM ALL!!"

He then rises from his sitting position and moves to this new fighter on the ground, slashing at him with his claws, and seems to glare at Virgil as he moves.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Minor - Gaze vs Virgil's Will (1d20+19)[10](29)
    Damage - (2d6+7)[6][2](15), slide target 3 squares
    Move - to P18
    Standard - Bite on Durandal vs AC, (1d20+22)[4](26)
    Damage - (2d8+7)[8][4](19), and (3d6)[13] fire damage

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

27. - Top - End - #687

PirateCaptain

Infernion

Infernion walks calmly into the entrance chamber. It would not do to rush into such a magnificent battle. This is but training for when he faces Infernus and he must over come the rage that threatens to boil over from within.

Seeing the huge red Drakon he searches for wards and spells that may have been cast to protect the dragon or harm his enemies.

Infernion calls out to his erstwhile allies. "The bastard Red has some kind of ward on him. It give him some protection from magics. It is not proof but lessens the blows."

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Z9 to T10 - gain ShadowWalk (concealment)
    Minor: Arcana check (see OOC)
    (1d20+16)[15](31)
    Minor: curse DBK1, DBK2
    Last edited by CalebRoberts; 2013-06-29 at 01:08 PM.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Steeling herself for the coming battle, Mai gripped her staff and orb tightly as she powered up her inner storm. She moved to face the hallway and unleashed a powerful burst of electrified light behind the the guards.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor action to use Promise of Storm.

Move action to move to T6.

Standard action to use Prismatic Burst (area burst 2) centered at T14. Int vs. Will (+1 from Elemental Echo, +2 from combat advantage):

Vs. DBK1: (1d20+21)[27]
    Vs. DBK2: (1d20+21)[26]
    Hit: (3d6+21)[33] + (2d8)[13] lightning damage and the target is blinded UEONT.
    Miss: until end of my next turn, creatures gain concealment against the target.

The attack is Arcane, of course.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Orc in the Playground

Durandal

"Your claws and your wit both need to grow and sharper Drakon, if that's really the best you can do," mocked the swordmaster once again, pointedly ignoring the fact that attack barely grazed him and left the tiles beside him broken and crushed. As though through some sleight of hand, Durandal has freed himself of his bonds. Flipping himself agilely off the floor, Durandal quietly dusted himself off, as though he could not make his disdain for the dragon before him any more apparent.
    Last edited by Silver Coin; 2013-07-08 at 10:06 AM.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

Opportunity Attacks

As Infernion steps forward to assess the situation, and to his surprise two Halberd come flying at him.

Spoiler
    Show
    DBK1 (1d20+21)[10](31) vs AC
    Damage (2d10+14)[5][1](20), knocked Prone
    DBK2 (1d20+21)[20](41) vs AC
    Damage (2d10+14)[3][10](27), Knocked Prone

DBK1

After bringing his Halberd back from attack the little dragon, a large flash explodes right in front of him. His companion has enough time to shield his eyes, but he gets the full force of the lightning explosion. After staggering for a moment, the dragonborn swing his Halberd in front of him, hoping to hit the rogue that he knew had been there previously, along with commanding his comrade to attack the rogue, and lets out his breath.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Standard - Strike vs Virgil with a -5 vs AC (1d20+16)[14](30)
    Damage - (2d10+14)[4][9](27), knocked prone
    Minor - Dragon's breath vs Ref
    Infernion - (1d20+18)[12](30)
    Virgil - (1d20+18)[5](23)
    Damage - (2d10+14)[10][9](33) fire damage
    Minor - Command the Strike on DBK2, vs Virgil (1d20+21)[7](28)
    Damage - (2d10+14)[7][1](22), knocked prone

Petra is up next! (Good thing too!)
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2013-06-30 at 11:40 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally