New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [4e FR] The Five of the Realm - IC

Mai-Sal

Seeing that Drakon had become isolated once again, Mai gathered up as much of her lightning reserves as she could, concentrated them into a ball and hurled it at the dragon without fear of the resulting explosion affecting her allies.

Spoiler
    Show

Fireball! Er, I mean, Lightningball! Centered on Drakon.

Attack vs. Reflex: (1d20+18)[22]

Hit: (4d6+15)[6][2][2][3](28) lightning damage.
    Miss: half damage.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

2. - Top - End - #752
    Orc in the Playground

Durandal

Seeing the range between the two of them open up a little more than he would have liked, Durandal charged towards Drakon, shield first. The attack glanced harmlessly off the its hide, but the shortened distance does mean that he could now ensure that the price of the Red's negligence is that much dearer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: Charge, Tide of Iron
    Attack vs AC - (1d20+25)[26] (22+2 Villain's Menace + 1 Charge)
    Damage - (1d10+17)[24]
    Minor Action: Divine Challenge
    Last edited by Silver Coin; 2013-08-02 at 01:13 AM.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Titan in the Playground

Ewin

Ewins takes another swing at the guard, hoping to end him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Standard - Enfeebling Strike (1d20+21)[20](41)
    Damage - (1d10+11)[5](16) 21 + 6, and Ewin spends a healing surge

Move - to O11

As his sword cuts the neck of the guard, you all hear the gurgling sound of something trying to speak as it dies, but is unable to due to the blood and the fact that its trachea is now sliced open. The dragonborn lying dead on the ground, Ewin starts to make his way around to Drakon.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2013-08-06 at 10:14 AM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ettin in the Playground

By all appearances, the dragonborn's final attack left Petra in a bloody heap on the ground. While there, she assesses the situation.

Everyone has thus far been kept in good health, thank the Goddess. The enemy that Petra had cursed falls to the ground beside her. Infernion, flying back into her vicinity after a high-recoil attack, is likely the next to need healing. The dragon is too far away for her powers of pacification to reach him from over here.

She is no closer to finding the vial than when she arrived, and the group still needs to escape with it afterwards.

The cleric gathers energy from the earth, and her wounds start to fade away. She picks herself up off the ground and charges towards Drakon with newfound resolve.

"That is enough! Our purpose here is more important than poorly-reasoned bounty-hunting. You mistreat others to feel like a god, but it has only made you more of a fool."

The dragon probably still has a huge grin on his face. He must be proud of himself after dodging that big eldritch blast. It's probably hard to decide whether this random new person coming over to read him the riot act is off-putting or just hilarious. In any case, as she continues to go off in the words of her patron, it certainly gets distracting in a hurry.

Spoiler
    Show
    Healing Word on herself: 22+(4d6)[4][6][6][3](19)+12, and she gets +6 to all defenses for this turn through next turn.

Stands up, gets over to O8 and starts reaming Drakon out via an action point.

Denunciation: Wisdom Vs. Will. On a hit, Drakon is dazed and takes a -6 penalty to attacks and defenses through Petra's next turn.
    Attaaaack: (1d20+17)[13](30) vs.will

EDIT: It hits! Barely! XD
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2013-08-07 at 10:18 PM.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Dwarf in the Playground

Virgil

With the last guard slain, Virgil moves to engage the last threat, Drakon. He jogs past Petra and Durandal, overhearing Petra's little tirade. His eyes momentarily glow crimson as he stares down the dragon. "You and I," he says to the beast. "have some business with which to attend. I am a seeker of many things, treasures, lives, etc., but today I seek glory and today I will find it at your tombstone, Drakon." As his last word leaves his lips Virgil's arms become a blur as dozens of bolts fly from him, flying true or ricocheting off the walls and ceilings aimed for the great beast's head and eyes.

Actions
    Spoiler
    Show

Move: T9 to N7
    Minor: Hunter's Quarry - Once per round Virgil can deal 2d6 extra damage to Drakon until the end of the encounter or Drakon dies.
    Attack: Blinding Barrage vs Drakon AC (w/CA)

Attack: (1d20+22)[15](37)
    Damage: (2d8+9)[8][4](21) + (3d8)[6][5][1](12) sneak attack + (2d6)[2][3](5) hunter's quarry + (2d8)[7][1](8) fire damage = (46)
    Hit: Target is blinded until the end of your next turn.
    Miss: Half damage, and the target is not blinded.
    Last edited by Sabishii; 2013-08-09 at 01:22 AM.
    Amazing avatar done by Ceika! Thanks a bunch

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

Drakon

Drakon seems to look confused for a moment as this tiny little cleric talk to him as if she was his broodmother. He scoffs at her, but then a wave of divine energies wash over him. Motes of bright divine light seems to distract Drakon for a moment, but then he realizes what is going on around him. He shakes his head and lets out a growl, then he turns and flys away.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Move - to D12, Dur gets an OA

Everyone else gets to go now!
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2013-08-09 at 10:36 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

7. - Top - End - #757
    Orc in the Playground

Durandal

An opening! Just like that, Durandal's blade lashed out like lightning to strike at the distracted dragon.

Spoiler
    Show
    OA, Valiant Strike
    Attack - (1d20+31)[50] 22 + 2 (VM) + 1 (Valiant) + 6 (Debuff)
    Damage - (1d10+17)[23]

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Ewin

Ewin, hearing the great flaps of wings, realizes that Drakon is trying to flee and runs towards him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Double Move - to F9

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ettin in the Playground

Petra breaks into an all-out sprint to catch up with the dragon, unconcerned with defending herself against his sweeping tail; Drakon should be in no condition to do anything about it right now. Even as she does so, she continues forcing more motherly diplomacy down his ear-holes.

"NO. You are staying right here to deal with us properly. If I am going to advocate for your own well-being, you are better off standing down now, since if you do, we may yet be able come up with a plan that does not involve killing you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Double Run around Drakon to D13 - taking the necessary defense penalty - and use Peacemaker's Pronouncement to extend the effects of Denunciation for another round.

Diplomacy probably doesn't even apply here, especially since Drakon's too proud to ever take the easy option anyway, but Petra needs to be able to say she tried. I half expect his response to be, "Hey, here's a nonlethal plan for ya - BUZZ OFF," followed by a full attack to take advantage of her -2 from running.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Mai smirked at Petra's last remark.

"Oh I have a plan all right. Infernion, let's see if we can't find what we came here for."

With that, she took in a deep breath and walked into the dragon's lair, taking in the sights of his ill-gotten treasure horde. She opened her mystical senses up to try to get a sense for whereabouts Drakon might've thoughtlessly stashed the venom away.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to move to U12.
    Move action to make an active Arcana check on the treasure horde: (1d20+20)[26]

11. - Top - End - #761
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Infernion runs to the horde and begins by scanning for any godly or magical presences that might indicate where the poison is.

Spoiler
    Show
    Religion: (1d20+11)[5](16)
    Arcana: (1d20+16)[4](20)
    Infernion - Dragonborn Warlock - iPlay4e Sheet

12. - Top - End - #762
    Dwarf in the Playground

Virgil

Seeing as how the objective wasn't killing Drakon and being an experienced treasure hunter, Virgil moves towards the hoard to help with the search for the vial.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+13)[18](31)
    Thievery: (1d20+18)[10](28)

Don't know if Thievery applies here but might as well.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

Drakon

The Dragon eyes Petra, "Fool cleric. I am tired of dealing with you.....so I will let my minions finish you off!!" With that, he flies past her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Move - to E20

Ok, everyone else's turn. I am going to redo Ewin's last turn and make him run to the horde instead, just to give you guys some help in that regard. so he will be at N21.

Everyone else go!! Sab, Virgil can go whenever as well, since drakon is pretty much out of the picture at this point. If anyone has info about where to search in the pile, that might give some bonuses here and there to others when they search, or lower some DC's........just a thought
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2013-09-03 at 09:41 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

14. - Top - End - #764
    Dwarf in the Playground

Virgil

"It appears to me that the beast's better items reside in the middle of his hoard. It's no guarantee but it's a start." Virgil says to the rest before moving closer to the hoard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: K12 - P19
    Standard: Perception: (1d20+13)[15](28)
    Minor: Insight: (1d20+13)[12](25)

Though not magically trained Virgil will try to feel any magical/demonic presences. Also can I mark the area that I just suggested above on the map?
    Last edited by Sabishii; 2013-09-03 at 11:16 AM.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hm. Very well, then."

Petra walks back up the corridor, putting herself in a better position to warn the others should Drakon's proxies arrive before the search is complete.

Drakon seems to be the sort of coward that trusts his own might, but cannot stand being at any kind of disadvantage; he may write it off outwardly as merely tedious, but being deprived of the capacity to attack mindlessly is more of a threat to him than blades and fireballs. Petra knows a prayer that can frustrate the dragon one more time should he elect to turn around, but doubts that she'll need to use it.

She considers the thought patterns that Drakon has demonstrated thus far, from the design of his fortress to his choice of security detail to his cackling exchange with his elder's rogue protege. If he knew he was in possession of the world-shattering toxin, what sorts of steps might he take to guard or conceal it? He apparently didn't see fit to stay put and defend it himself at all costs, so either he doesn't realize he has it... or...

"Ewin, tell everyone to check the floor beneath the hoard for trap doors or keyed sigils. The wall in the back could also be hiding an extra chamber."

Spoiler
    Show
    Walking up to E9. She has a standard and a minor action left, and is using her best skill - insight - to think of how best to search. The two thoughts at the end are from my own real-life insight check, but Petra would be able to come up with something better:

(1d20+29)[38]
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2013-09-03 at 01:20 PM.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

Mai-Sal

Mai nodded at Virgil's estimation and concentrated her mystical senses onto that part of the treasure horde.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to move 6 squares toward the middle of the pile, sorry my phone doesn't want to open the spreadsheet for some reason so I can't see where that'd be.

Minor action to make an Arcana check based on Virgil's statement: (1d20+20)[36]

Standard action to make Religion check following up on that, to see if the power she felt was divine: (1d20+20)[39]